• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:28
CEST 19:28
KST 02:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7879 users

[R] UTS StarCraft Society (StarSoc) - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
yamuda
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia3 Posts
March 10 2011 12:19 GMT
#21
new to uts can i get in on this? XD
Pkol
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia176 Posts
March 10 2011 23:54 GMT
#22
yes you can :D We should have our AGM details up within the fortnight from what I've been told.
lolwut?
zep
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia6 Posts
March 11 2011 05:25 GMT
#23
Count me in on this as well!
Speckled Jim
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia26 Posts
March 15 2011 02:14 GMT
#24
Loving the idea! Count me in!
El.Tigre
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1 Post
March 15 2011 11:51 GMT
#25
I'm so down for this!! Also, I can help make banners etc. :D
iGX
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia414 Posts
March 16 2011 02:25 GMT
#26
guys, looks like we'll definitely have a couple of members to get the group going so I will start organising the AGM. Please post here your prefered day and time or alternatively email us at uts.starsoc@gmail.com

thanks!!
When your bases are ashes...then you have my permission to "GG".
yamuda
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia3 Posts
March 16 2011 03:04 GMT
#27
Made a banner out of boredem =Dhttp://i.imgur.com/ojup2.jpg

Whats this about prefered time and day?
Matt44au
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia26 Posts
March 16 2011 06:50 GMT
#28
Monday would be fantastic for me since I have a 3 hour break, although any day but Friday/Saturday/Sunday is fine.
Rawrsi
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia55 Posts
March 16 2011 07:23 GMT
#29
This sealed the deal for my thoughts about transferring to UTS.
iGX
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia414 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 13:09:41
March 16 2011 12:28 GMT
#30
Hey guys, I don't want to keep you guys in the dark so here's a little progress report.

- AGM organisation has officially started. In terms of location it looks like it will be Harry Heath room because that is where the ideal AGM's are held for most societies. I personally have never been down in there but I will have a look at the room this week and book it with the clubs manager once i sort out a date.

- New problem has arisen: I do not have any potential executive board nominations lol. At the conclusion of the AGM, there will be a formal vote for the 4 positions. Please note that 3/4 members of the board must be Advantage Program members. The 4th position I have reserved for TAScarecrow (who is a great contributor to SC2 SEA community). So please guys, if you want a leadership role, this could be your opportunity. It will also look good for your future career paths.

- Joining fee has been established at $5 for UTS members and $10 for non-UTS members. I'd make it free for everyone but the union handbook made me charge people. sigh.

- Events wise I'm thinking of hosting a weekly online tournament like our friends over at USYD and UNSW but if you guys here on TL has any other suggestions, feel free to pitch in.

- I myself do require a team of 3 or 4 people to organise a meeting as a group some time before the AGM to help me out with presenting at the AGM as well. I'm not the best presenter in the world but if you are confident with this task, please let me know! This will be like a group assignment except everyone in the group actually gives an overlord.

- Also UNSW + USYD members, you guys feel free to come join us at the event but unfortunately, you guys aren't allowed to vote (boooo).

- A project which also I'm keen on starting after a friend of mine, Breaker 1st Class, gave me the idea. The campaign is called "Save the World with SC2". Given all the recent disasters in QLD and Japan, we want to host a tournament to raise money for the victims of these disasters. This project is still in it's infant stages of planning but I would like UTS alongside UNSW and USYD to take initiative and help out those around us. The world will not end in 2012...it will be saved by SC2 players.

This is currently a gist of what I will discuss in detail at the AGM so expect the meeting to be about an hour to 75 minutes tops. I don't want to hold up too much of your time as I'm sure you guys may have class or StarCraft to play lol.

Time and date will be disclosed soon.

Thanks guys!
When your bases are ashes...then you have my permission to "GG".
Pkol
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia176 Posts
March 16 2011 12:30 GMT
#31
Any day but Wednesday is good for me
lolwut?
iGX
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia414 Posts
March 16 2011 12:36 GMT
#32
On March 16 2011 12:04 yamuda wrote:
Made a banner out of boredem =Dhttp://i.imgur.com/ojup2.jpg

Whats this about prefered time and day?



dang, the far right of the banner kept getting cut off by imageshack so i couldn't update the OP with it

but great work btw!! thank you!!
When your bases are ashes...then you have my permission to "GG".
iGX
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia414 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 13:09:22
March 16 2011 13:08 GMT
#33
My bad...double posted....
When your bases are ashes...then you have my permission to "GG".
NguN
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1322 Posts
March 18 2011 00:31 GMT
#34
This sounds awesome! Tuesday - Friday 'should' be ok for me (depending on what times of course). Finding advantage members might be a little difficult.. though from what I hear, the sticker they used for this year is easily photocopied and pasted onto the student card....

I'd love to participate in the weekly tourney! Need more practice so I can get into Masters!

What kind of presentation does the society need to get going?
Erotomania
Profile Joined October 2010
2 Posts
March 18 2011 04:05 GMT
#35
I emailed a (like 50 versions of) banner to uts.starsoc@gmail.com :D
I'm an AP member which is sick boii
iGX
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia414 Posts
March 22 2011 00:36 GMT
#36
On March 18 2011 09:31 NguN wrote:
This sounds awesome! Tuesday - Friday 'should' be ok for me (depending on what times of course). Finding advantage members might be a little difficult.. though from what I hear, the sticker they used for this year is easily photocopied and pasted onto the student card....

I'd love to participate in the weekly tourney! Need more practice so I can get into Masters!

What kind of presentation does the society need to get going?



lol i had to pay for my AP this year so i can run for executive committee hahaha.

the presentation would be similar to that of a group assignment presentation you have in your tutes. so we will give some information about the society, what we hope to achieve etc so simple run down of how the society works from here onwards. Please let me know if you're interested in joining this small group assignment because I wish to get the AGM off the ground soon and it is proving difficult doing it by myself.

All help would be appreciated. Cheers!
When your bases are ashes...then you have my permission to "GG".
Pkol
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia176 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 06:55:33
March 22 2011 06:40 GMT
#37
I wouldn't mind helping out with the presentation, I've got a little bit of time this week.

Maybe the USYD/UNSW people can give us notes? :D

I might also run for an Exec role... need some extra-circular on my resume.. might as well make it awesome!
lolwut?
yamuda
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia3 Posts
March 23 2011 02:42 GMT
#38
i'd be happy to help with the organizing. but do i have to be an ap member to help? cause 59 dollars to help seems a tad steep.

(any day but monday for meeting plox)
[Erasmus]
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia286 Posts
March 23 2011 03:37 GMT
#39
Not sure if I'm going to be able to make any kind of AGM. At the moment I'm mostly doing uni at nights and working nearly full time.

If you want any feedback with the presentation, feel free to PM/email (or I think you even added me on msn when I sent you my email adress earlier in this thread) me.

If I have any suggestions, maybe have some kind of semi-regular thing that doesn't have to be competitive (I still suck... also anyone want to help me improve so I might actually do ok in any tournaments we run? ).
I was playing a bunch of weekly FFAs on NA with some people from another forum for a while which was fun, and it matters a lot less how evenly matched skill is in those games.

But something to encourage people who aren't very competitive to be active in this club is probably useful (I'll still play in tournaments when I can, but I'll be a bit out of my depth, and there are probably some people who just don't want to play in them and lose).
NguN
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1322 Posts
March 25 2011 02:14 GMT
#40
I would love to help creating a presentation. Not sure how much I can do because I'm finding I got loads of assignments coming up. But let me know if you want to meet up and whatnot =)
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM712
TKL 259
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 712
ByuN 301
TKL 259
mouzHeroMarine 151
UpATreeSC 72
BRAT_OK 45
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25310
Calm 3217
Shuttle 1169
Horang2 505
Soulkey 194
Dewaltoss 125
Rush 119
Zeus 63
Free 38
Hyun 33
[ Show more ]
sorry 28
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 21
Killer 20
Bale 18
PianO 18
Rock 16
Aegong 16
scan(afreeca) 15
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi1346
League of Legends
KnowMe50
Counter-Strike
fl0m4677
Fnx 619
pashabiceps614
x6flipin470
edward1
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Other Games
singsing1992
Liquid`RaSZi1486
Beastyqt647
ceh9465
C9.Mang0326
Khaldor234
crisheroes229
Grubby222
420jenkins191
dupreeh174
IndyStarCraft 161
QueenE95
Trikslyr85
B2W.Neo76
JuggernautJason12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 17
• EnkiAlexander 8
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3278
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3131
• TFBlade595
Other Games
• Shiphtur820
• imaqtpie425
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 32m
INu's Battles
17h 32m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 32m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.