• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9136 users

Computer gets progressively slower over game - Page 2

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Bambipwnsu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada698 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 01:48:42
October 04 2011 01:47 GMT
#21
Rule of thumb:
Don't shit on someone's computer if he already bought it. It's courtesy. Simply saying "hey I noticed your PSU is a bit overkill! You should ask for a build review in the TL thread next time"...would have had the same effect.

Don't need to go on saying this is shit...this too...oh and this too omg how can u go worse. IM BEING OBJECTIVE. ITS SHIT!
LoL @ NA: bambipwnsu
malignant
Profile Joined August 2011
United States35 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 01:52:07
October 04 2011 01:51 GMT
#22
On October 04 2011 10:39 Shikyo wrote:
And it pierces my soul that someone would get a 1050W PSU for a 560 Ti SLi, now I guess you're the kind of a person who doesn't mind his friend paying twice the amount he needs for something just because he doesn't know better and don't say anything to him because "that'd be mean", if his next computer is properly built because of what I've said you know who's been more useful.


You are assuming there is a dichotomy here, whether one "helps" his friend by telling him what a stupid fool he is or by pretending there is no problem. But guess what ? You can actually tell people what they are doing is wrong nicely and politely.

Unfortunately, it wont inflate your e-peen as much as shitting all over them must have made you feel.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 01:55:29
October 04 2011 01:53 GMT
#23
@Bambi
Well, to be fair, it is poor decision making on components. Which, objectively, can be related to things not working as well as you want. And when you go asking people why your PC isn't working as well as you want, and then try to defend poorly chosen components in a fit of ego rather than just accepting it as a bad decision, you're begging for it.

@other dude, your name demonstrates your actual purpose. You come here and attack somebody for attacking somebody. Brilliant planning. At least Shikyo makes a reasonable effort, admits when he's been misinformed, and contributes regularly. You're just some troll who gets off on acting like you're sticking up for the common man.
Bambipwnsu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada698 Posts
October 04 2011 02:07 GMT
#24
I can't help but reenact this same situation in another context:

Friend buys some new clothes and asks you how she looks. It looks terrible. What do you tell her? lol
LoL @ NA: bambipwnsu
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
October 04 2011 02:40 GMT
#25
I wasn't trying to defend my stuff. I said I was new to this. I accept that I picked some stuff that's not good didn't know it when I bought it but I was just excited to be getting a new computer I just did it fast and got stuff that seemed good. I'm kinda new to tl so next time I will be sure to ask opinions on what I buy. Also for like the 4th time. My computer as it turns out did not cause the problem I was having patch 1.4 and my razor mouse caused it. And patch 1.4.1 fixed it.
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 04 2011 02:56 GMT
#26
On October 04 2011 11:07 Bambipwnsu wrote:
I can't help but reenact this same situation in another context:

Friend buys some new clothes and asks you how she looks. It looks terrible. What do you tell her? lol


That's an entirely different situation, but there's two important factors missing. Is she hot, and what are the odds of fucking this "friend"?

But no, it's closer to the friend asking why the 30 inch waist pants they bought are uncomfortable when they're a 36 inch waist.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
October 04 2011 03:04 GMT
#27
Hey I was thinking about making a thread asking about what kind of mouse people would suggest since I used a small mouse at a friends house and it felt great. The mouse I have now. Razer specter is kinda big so where would I make the thread asking about small pro mice?
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 04 2011 03:12 GMT
#28
On October 04 2011 12:04 MindBreaker wrote:
Hey I was thinking about making a thread asking about what kind of mouse people would suggest since I used a small mouse at a friends house and it felt great. The mouse I have now. Razer specter is kinda big so where would I make the thread asking about small pro mice?


Hopefully you'd search and use one of the 37 trillion existing threads. Preferably browsing before posting. The second one may be asking too much, but I'd bet it's been discussed ad nauseum.
cactusjack914
Profile Joined March 2011
United States183 Posts
October 04 2011 03:12 GMT
#29
use search function
"starcraft isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle."
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
October 04 2011 03:36 GMT
#30
Thank you i appreciate it
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings8
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1106
ZZZero.O 126
Bale 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
Doublelift5438
JimRising 725
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5590
Other Games
summit1g9846
FrodaN3164
KnowMe209
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie944
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 57m
Replay Cast
23h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.