• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:41
CEST 03:41
KST 10:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8769 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 341

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 339 340 341 342 343 383 Next
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 24 2014 19:32 GMT
#6801
On March 25 2014 03:53 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2014 03:51 MarlieChurphy wrote:
On March 23 2014 03:14 Cyro wrote:
On March 21 2014 09:10 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Can someone explain this to me please:

I have a blackwidow kb I think the first gen? with the mx blues and blue razer symbol on the bottom.


I can press multiple keys at a time no problem but for some reason I can not press A+S and 3. The 3 doesn't register. I can press S+D and 3 or any other combination of WASD for any other 2 letter and numpad digit and have no problem.

Just for reference, the reason these keys are important is because I play SF3 on GGPO using WASD for movements, and 456, 123 for punches and kicks.

It's very annoying in a match when I am holding down back and try and press 3 (which is sweep) and nothing comes out and I end up eating a combo or whiffing a punish.

Is there some firmware or software I can update?


Original blackwidow was the only mech board i know of that was 2kro so you might just be screwed there


tried googling, but I didn't get a legit description of what 2kro means.

Key rollover if I am not mistaken.


Yes, i'm sure i've read some advanced details and forgotton them, but in practice it means something along the lines of not being able to press certain combinations of three keys, especially when two or more are close together?

That was first reason i avoided blackwidow (there were plenty of boards with better key rollover, or even ps/2 boards that avoid the issue altogether)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-24 20:48:41
March 24 2014 20:30 GMT
#6802
On March 25 2014 04:32 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2014 03:53 ThomasjServo wrote:
On March 25 2014 03:51 MarlieChurphy wrote:
On March 23 2014 03:14 Cyro wrote:
On March 21 2014 09:10 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Can someone explain this to me please:

I have a blackwidow kb I think the first gen? with the mx blues and blue razer symbol on the bottom.


I can press multiple keys at a time no problem but for some reason I can not press A+S and 3. The 3 doesn't register. I can press S+D and 3 or any other combination of WASD for any other 2 letter and numpad digit and have no problem.

Just for reference, the reason these keys are important is because I play SF3 on GGPO using WASD for movements, and 456, 123 for punches and kicks.

It's very annoying in a match when I am holding down back and try and press 3 (which is sweep) and nothing comes out and I end up eating a combo or whiffing a punish.

Is there some firmware or software I can update?


Original blackwidow was the only mech board i know of that was 2kro so you might just be screwed there


tried googling, but I didn't get a legit description of what 2kro means.

Key rollover if I am not mistaken.


Yes, i'm sure i've read some advanced details and forgotton them, but in practice it means something along the lines of not being able to press certain combinations of three keys, especially when two or more are close together?

That was first reason i avoided blackwidow (there were plenty of boards with better key rollover, or even ps/2 boards that avoid the issue altogether)


Well, not just certain combinations, but in general any combination. A NKRO keyboard will allow any combination of keys to be pressed at the same time. A 6KRO keyboard is supposed to allow any 6 keys to be pressed at the same time. Some manufacturers make their keyboard matrix so that most key combinations work, but some combinations of 3 keys will cause the third key to be ignored.

For example, I believe my Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue TKL allows full NKRO on PS/2, but only 6KRO on USB, but no limitation on combinations AFAIK. I've tested it on: http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/content/projects/KeyboardGhostingDemo.aspx

Actually, rereading what you wrote, I think I might just be repeating what you are thinking - but might as well give a link for people to play with.
Yargh
Vanadiel
Profile Joined April 2012
France961 Posts
March 27 2014 09:03 GMT
#6803
Has someone tested these new switches from Razer? I am quite curious about it!
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
March 27 2014 09:17 GMT
#6804
On March 27 2014 18:03 Vanadiel wrote:
Has someone tested these new switches from Razer? I am quite curious about it!

They are switches from a manufacturer called "Kailh". There is a small round logo stamped into the Razer switches and it's the Kailh logo. You can see it below the text that says "Razer". Here is an album with some talk about the Kailh switches and other clone switches:

http://imgur.com/a/7ujle

I'm guessing Cherry might manufacture their switches in Germany and this is too expensive for Razer, so they looked around and bought clones from Kailh. I'm not sure if Cherry doesn't also have factories in China and might just be straight up more expensive for no good reason.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Vanadiel
Profile Joined April 2012
France961 Posts
March 28 2014 12:53 GMT
#6805
Nice discussion there too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2022ga/its_here_unboxing_initial_impressions_testing/

especially this part :

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2022ga/its_here_unboxing_initial_impressions_testing/cfz9q3y

Huuum, I am considering testing it, I am a bit curious about it. :D
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
March 29 2014 12:38 GMT
#6806
Well, it does certainly looks interesting. I really could use a better keyboard for playing fighting games on PC anyway (don't ask why, but I'm playing on my laptop's keyboard right now).

Speaking of which, I'm playing fighting games (Street Fighter and Skullgirls Encore) with WASD for movement, UIO(P) for punches and HJK(L) for kicks. Is it gonna be a problem with certain keyboards?
EZ4ENCE
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
March 29 2014 13:50 GMT
#6807
On March 29 2014 21:38 WindWolf wrote:
Well, it does certainly looks interesting. I really could use a better keyboard for playing fighting games on PC anyway (don't ask why, but I'm playing on my laptop's keyboard right now).

Speaking of which, I'm playing fighting games (Street Fighter and Skullgirls Encore) with WASD for movement, UIO(P) for punches and HJK(L) for kicks. Is it gonna be a problem with certain keyboards?

A normal keyboard is often "2KRO = two key roll-over", meaning it only guarantees that pressing two keys at the same time is possible. That's only the worst case, so what you want to do might still work. You won't know until you try it because the limit is different depending on the key combinations you press.

If you buy something, look for "NKRO" being mentioned somewhere. That's "n-key roll-over" and means there is no limit. There's also "6KRO" mentioned often because the USB connection has that limit.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 14:28:00
March 29 2014 14:27 GMT
#6808
On March 29 2014 22:50 Ropid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 21:38 WindWolf wrote:
Well, it does certainly looks interesting. I really could use a better keyboard for playing fighting games on PC anyway (don't ask why, but I'm playing on my laptop's keyboard right now).

Speaking of which, I'm playing fighting games (Street Fighter and Skullgirls Encore) with WASD for movement, UIO(P) for punches and HJK(L) for kicks. Is it gonna be a problem with certain keyboards?

A normal keyboard is often "2KRO = two key roll-over", meaning it only guarantees that pressing two keys at the same time is possible. That's only the worst case, so what you want to do might still work. You won't know until you try it because the limit is different depending on the key combinations you press.

If you buy something, look for "NKRO" being mentioned somewhere. That's "n-key roll-over" and means there is no limit. There's also "6KRO" mentioned often because the USB connection has that limit.

I know there is a limit on the amount of keys you can press at the same time (I play Juri on a crappy keyboard Yeah, not the best of ideas)

I think 6KRO will be enough for fighting games though, as I can't think of anything that would require more than 6 key presses at the same time
EZ4ENCE
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
March 29 2014 16:25 GMT
#6809
Note that you can actually make a USB keyboard that has NKRO not 6KRO, you just have to be a bit clever about how you implement the usb code on the board. They keyboard manufacturer can

1) Use usb 1.1 protocol (actually yes, it can be this easy)
2) Emulate multiple boards (so your keyboard looks like 3 keyboards), and do some fancy stuff
3) Just rely on the fact that 104 keys can actually fit into like 14 bytes (14*8 > 104)

But most keyboard manufacturers would rather not do any of the above. There are some exceptions: qpad mk 85, CM QF TK, CM QF Pro, Noppoo Choc Mini, etc

Depending on the specific implementation of nkro over usb, the keyboard may behave... interestingly... on linux/OSX.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 29 2014 17:13 GMT
#6810
On March 30 2014 01:25 phar wrote:
Note that you can actually make a USB keyboard that has NKRO not 6KRO, you just have to be a bit clever about how you implement the usb code on the board. They keyboard manufacturer can

1) Use usb 1.1 protocol (actually yes, it can be this easy)
2) Emulate multiple boards (so your keyboard looks like 3 keyboards), and do some fancy stuff
3) Just rely on the fact that 104 keys can actually fit into like 14 bytes (14*8 > 104)

But most keyboard manufacturers would rather not do any of the above. There are some exceptions: qpad mk 85, CM QF TK, CM QF Pro, Noppoo Choc Mini, etc

Depending on the specific implementation of nkro over usb, the keyboard may behave... interestingly... on linux/OSX.


I've seen some confusing complications with #2 on windows 7 - small system hangs which presented as microstutter and confused a lot of people, i think it was a problem with specific hardware though
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 18:03:14
March 29 2014 18:02 GMT
#6811
On March 30 2014 02:13 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2014 01:25 phar wrote:
Note that you can actually make a USB keyboard that has NKRO not 6KRO, you just have to be a bit clever about how you implement the usb code on the board. They keyboard manufacturer can

1) Use usb 1.1 protocol (actually yes, it can be this easy)
2) Emulate multiple boards (so your keyboard looks like 3 keyboards), and do some fancy stuff
3) Just rely on the fact that 104 keys can actually fit into like 14 bytes (14*8 > 104)

But most keyboard manufacturers would rather not do any of the above. There are some exceptions: qpad mk 85, CM QF TK, CM QF Pro, Noppoo Choc Mini, etc

Depending on the specific implementation of nkro over usb, the keyboard may behave... interestingly... on linux/OSX.


I've seen some confusing complications with #2 on windows 7 - small system hangs which presented as microstutter and confused a lot of people, i think it was a problem with specific hardware though

I remember that the devs of Skullgirls Encore has said that it was hard to program for multiple keyboards on PC. So I don't think the problem is only related to hardware
EZ4ENCE
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
March 29 2014 19:51 GMT
#6812
There have been a few threads about this, but I was curious if anyone here knew of a place to buy keycaps with Hangul and English on them. I would love to just buy a set of stock, Korean Leopold keys as I love how they look on my FC200R but the best I have found is WASD, which I fear might be a bit either shoddy in quality, or shake up the simple, clean design of my Leopold board which I love.

Any thoughts from TL on WASD key quality, other options for getting Hangul keycaps without using stickers from eBay, or do you have a set you are willing to part with?

This image from /r/mechanical keyboards was what got me thinking.

http://i.imgur.com/ktTmhGW.jpg
negativedge
Profile Joined December 2011
4279 Posts
March 30 2014 00:59 GMT
#6813
Not cheap, but here's a set: http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=62

Those are top notch quality keycaps, so if you do splurge you will be getting something that will feel good and will last for as long as you want them to last.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
March 30 2014 18:19 GMT
#6814
Wow, those are spendy. Appreciate the link, going to have to think on that though. I could get a new board for as much -___-
OdinOfPergo
Profile Joined December 2011
United States840 Posts
April 03 2014 03:54 GMT
#6815
Ey guys, so I've had a CM Storm QF ultimate for maby a month now..
The only issues I've had so far is;

The freaking function key.
I'm ashamed to admit it took me like 20 minutes to figure out you needed to hold this guy down for at least 3-5 seconds to activate/de-activate. [("works just like caps lock") pls.]

It was also advertised as fully backlit on Newegg.
It isn't. Only the main gaming graph is backlit.
That's not of a real concern to me since I'll just fix it myself later.

But still. Don't advertise something your product doesn't have.

Otherwise no complaints.
I have brown switches and I've been loving it for the past month.

You guys know anything I should watch for as time goes on?
Ik weet niet wie ik denk dat ik ben. Ik weet niet wie ik zogenaamd in gesprek met. je niet hier, niemand is. Ik ben hier niet, niets is.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
April 03 2014 11:14 GMT
#6816
On April 03 2014 12:54 OdinOfPergo wrote:
Ey guys, so I've had a CM Storm QF ultimate for maby a month now..
The only issues I've had so far is;

The freaking function key.
I'm ashamed to admit it took me like 20 minutes to figure out you needed to hold this guy down for at least 3-5 seconds to activate/de-activate. [("works just like caps lock") pls.]

It was also advertised as fully backlit on Newegg.
It isn't. Only the main gaming graph is backlit.
That's not of a real concern to me since I'll just fix it myself later.

But still. Don't advertise something your product doesn't have.

Otherwise no complaints.
I have brown switches and I've been loving it for the past month.

You guys know anything I should watch for as time goes on?

Not initially but after a while I found the spacing on the CM Storm boards in need of tweaking. I found my palm intermittently hitting the WIN key and causing occasional issues in games. Other than that it is a solid little board.


On an unrelated note, in honor of my getting a new job I picked up a new board for office use.

http://i.imgur.com/5ahV01q.jpg
Kotreb
Profile Joined June 2011
Croatia1392 Posts
April 03 2014 13:00 GMT
#6817
Allos, so i come in need of advice. What keyboard would you recommend that goes for 100-150$ max. Looked into many of them, but can't make any reasonable conclusion on what exactly would be the right one. My only request is that it has cherry brown switches. I don't care if it's tenkeyless or stuff like that, as long as it's a good one and quality. Background lighting would be nice (since i tend to do most of my work at night). Also, one other problem is that live in Croatia so i don't know how many companies ship here :/
I will use it mostly for typing and some gaming if that helps.

ps:sorry for horrendous english :/
If you don't sin Jesus died for nothing.
Kotreb
Profile Joined June 2011
Croatia1392 Posts
April 05 2014 00:54 GMT
#6818
On April 03 2014 22:00 Kotreb wrote:
Allos, so i come in need of advice. What keyboard would you recommend that goes for 100-150$ max. Looked into many of them, but can't make any reasonable conclusion on what exactly would be the right one. My only request is that it has cherry brown switches. I don't care if it's tenkeyless or stuff like that, as long as it's a good one and quality. Background lighting would be nice (since i tend to do most of my work at night). Also, one other problem is that live in Croatia so i don't know how many companies ship here :/
I will use it mostly for typing and some gaming if that helps.

ps:sorry for horrendous english :/

No one? I looked into crsair vengance k70 and it seems nice, although backlight doesn't come in green (the rest of the colors rape my eyes). Anyone knows some keyboards with green backlight?
If you don't sin Jesus died for nothing.
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
April 05 2014 03:06 GMT
#6819
I need a keyboard that feels like buckling spring supremacy but won't annoy an officemate.
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
April 05 2014 13:29 GMT
#6820
Probably a silenced topre then?
Yargh
Prev 1 339 340 341 342 343 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
NeuroSwarm 76
FoxeR 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 491
Bale 70
League of Legends
Doublelift4785
Other Games
summit1g8886
JimRising 557
ViBE213
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick647
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1093
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 20m
Patches Events
13h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 20m
OSC
21h 20m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.