• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7828 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 340

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 338 339 340 341 342 383 Next
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-07 17:37:06
March 07 2014 01:25 GMT
#6781
They're comparing them to blues. The operating point on browns is both earlier and much closer to reset point than their "improved" switch, where they quote basically nothing but these features.. not sure why anyone would want them

browny-blues that are not as good as browns for what browns are, yet lose some of the defining things about blue? Would have to try, but on paper they don't look like anything really new at all and it's hard to find specs between the paid "I am a progamer and these switches are literally cocaine" :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
zeratul_jf
Profile Joined October 2011
United States808 Posts
March 07 2014 16:20 GMT
#6782
On March 07 2014 01:59 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2014 23:48 zeratul_jf wrote:
So my blackwidow has been crapping out on me, and I want to buy a new mechanical keyboard. Backlight would be nice but it doesn't have to be. Any suggestions, or at least anyone know where i can get the Ducky Shine? seems like they are out of stock in the link provided in the OP.


http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ducky-keyboard Ebay is good if you're in the states.

I recommend as often as I can Leopolds, but they may be a bit bland for your tastes if you really like backlit boards. Another tempting option for me was the Noppoo Mini, it is freaking adorable.

http://www.amazon.com/Noppoo-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B00A45WJZA


Dang that Noppoo mini does look quiet good, and I actually prefer small keyboards ever since I tried out my friend's. Thank you for the suggestion.
JulsFoF
Profile Joined April 2011
49 Posts
March 09 2014 00:30 GMT
#6783
hey, i am on the lookout for a nice keyboard for a while now and just dont find anything i really like. right now i am using a corsair k60 and i really like it but the wrist rest only on the left side and not really optimized for typing the k70s wrist rest seems too small but havent tested one so any input there?

What i want in order of importance:

- German layout

- brown/red cherry switches

- a big wrist rest (Roccat Ryos MK seems alright)

- usb pass through (no hub)

- anti ghosting / n key rollover

- full keyboard so no 10 keyless

What i dont need:

- back lighting, makros, media keys (basicly all the fancy stuff i just wanna type)

I have looked quite a bit but i havent found any keyboard with all the features i want the Roccat Ryos MK pro seems like the best option right now but i dont want to pay for the backlighting and all the other fancy stuff i woudnt use anyway. The cheaper alternative Roccat Ryos MK without the pro only comes in cherry blacks so no fun as well.

Thanks in advance
pls pm me if u have a good suggestion so i dont overlook it
Fwizzz
Profile Joined May 2012
Philippines4420 Posts
March 09 2014 13:33 GMT
#6784
I'm having a hard time choosing between corsair k70 or razer blackwidow .
TMG26
Profile Joined July 2012
Portugal2017 Posts
March 11 2014 11:49 GMT
#6785
On March 09 2014 09:30 JulsFoF wrote:
hey, i am on the lookout for a nice keyboard for a while now and just dont find anything i really like. right now i am using a corsair k60 and i really like it but the wrist rest only on the left side and not really optimized for typing the k70s wrist rest seems too small but havent tested one so any input there?

What i want in order of importance:

- German layout

- brown/red cherry switches

- a big wrist rest (Roccat Ryos MK seems alright)

- usb pass through (no hub)

- anti ghosting / n key rollover

- full keyboard so no 10 keyless

What i dont need:

- back lighting, makros, media keys (basicly all the fancy stuff i just wanna type)

I have looked quite a bit but i havent found any keyboard with all the features i want the Roccat Ryos MK pro seems like the best option right now but i dont want to pay for the backlighting and all the other fancy stuff i woudnt use anyway. The cheaper alternative Roccat Ryos MK without the pro only comes in cherry blacks so no fun as well.

Thanks in advance
pls pm me if u have a good suggestion so i dont overlook it


You can all that on a customized WASD (German layout uses the 105key ISO right?), besides the usb pass i think.
The big wrist pad is on accessories

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/
Supporter of the situational Blink Dagger on Storm.
oZe
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden492 Posts
March 13 2014 20:57 GMT
#6786
On March 08 2014 01:20 zeratul_jf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2014 01:59 ThomasjServo wrote:
On March 06 2014 23:48 zeratul_jf wrote:
So my blackwidow has been crapping out on me, and I want to buy a new mechanical keyboard. Backlight would be nice but it doesn't have to be. Any suggestions, or at least anyone know where i can get the Ducky Shine? seems like they are out of stock in the link provided in the OP.


http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ducky-keyboard Ebay is good if you're in the states.

I recommend as often as I can Leopolds, but they may be a bit bland for your tastes if you really like backlit boards. Another tempting option for me was the Noppoo Mini, it is freaking adorable.

http://www.amazon.com/Noppoo-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B00A45WJZA


Dang that Noppoo mini does look quiet good, and I actually prefer small keyboards ever since I tried out my friend's. Thank you for the suggestion.


If you like small keyboards. I just picked up a Filco majestouch ninja tenkeyless with brown switches. It's a variation of what Innovation uses. Having no numeric keypad is nice since I want my mouse a little more to the left than you can have with a regular keyboard. It's sweet and it looks cool.

I like brown more than red. I got a steelseries 6g v2 limited red edition a few weeks back. It's pretty good but the tactile feedback on brown makes you come a little harder when you type. Can't believe I used computers for 25 years before I went mechanical ;-) Why don't people tell you about this shit. Will never go back.
The worst kinds of organized crime are religion & government.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
March 13 2014 23:24 GMT
#6787
On March 14 2014 05:57 oZe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2014 01:20 zeratul_jf wrote:
On March 07 2014 01:59 ThomasjServo wrote:
On March 06 2014 23:48 zeratul_jf wrote:
So my blackwidow has been crapping out on me, and I want to buy a new mechanical keyboard. Backlight would be nice but it doesn't have to be. Any suggestions, or at least anyone know where i can get the Ducky Shine? seems like they are out of stock in the link provided in the OP.


http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ducky-keyboard Ebay is good if you're in the states.

I recommend as often as I can Leopolds, but they may be a bit bland for your tastes if you really like backlit boards. Another tempting option for me was the Noppoo Mini, it is freaking adorable.

http://www.amazon.com/Noppoo-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B00A45WJZA


Dang that Noppoo mini does look quiet good, and I actually prefer small keyboards ever since I tried out my friend's. Thank you for the suggestion.


If you like small keyboards. I just picked up a Filco majestouch ninja tenkeyless with brown switches. It's a variation of what Innovation uses. Having no numeric keypad is nice since I want my mouse a little more to the left than you can have with a regular keyboard. It's sweet and it looks cool.

I like brown more than red. I got a steelseries 6g v2 limited red edition a few weeks back. It's pretty good but the tactile feedback on brown makes you come a little harder when you type. Can't believe I used computers for 25 years before I went mechanical ;-) Why don't people tell you about this shit. Will never go back.


TKL is a bit bigger than the noppoo board, I think it is a 60% to 70% of a full board. I do like filco though, and if you are gaming TKL is the way to go, it is really nice to be able to not stretch your arm out to either side of a larger board.
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
March 17 2014 01:31 GMT
#6788
Has anybody tried the Razer BW tournament boards? How well do they stack up?
¯\_(シ)_/¯
sicQ
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany32 Posts
March 19 2014 12:01 GMT
#6789
Hey everyone.
I am looking for my first mechanical keyboard right now and I have some questions:

How do I know which switches are good for me? A friend of mine swears on red switches and they feel really nice on his keyboard, but I have read that most SC2 players are using brown switches, so Im not shure what to buy.

I am also not shure on the company for my keyboard. I really like the looks of the WASD Keyboards (Axiom Style ^^ ) and the customization possibilities, but I have also read a lot of good things about Ducky Keyboards which are a little bit cheaper and have backlight, but are harder to find it seems.

Hope you can help me and answer my questions or give me some advice!




StarboW wooohooooo!
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
March 19 2014 14:25 GMT
#6790
On March 19 2014 21:01 sicQ wrote:
Hey everyone.
I am looking for my first mechanical keyboard right now and I have some questions:

How do I know which switches are good for me? A friend of mine swears on red switches and they feel really nice on his keyboard, but I have read that most SC2 players are using brown switches, so Im not shure what to buy.

I am also not shure on the company for my keyboard. I really like the looks of the WASD Keyboards (Axiom Style ^^ ) and the customization possibilities, but I have also read a lot of good things about Ducky Keyboards which are a little bit cheaper and have backlight, but are harder to find it seems.

Hope you can help me and answer my questions or give me some advice!





All a matter of preference Cooler Master sells a switch tester, which basically has one switch of each type that you can try, and it isn't too expensive if you want to do a bit of tactile research and see which ones feel best to you.

I own a CM QFR with blues and a Leopold TLK with browns, and personally I prefer the Leopold. I found the spacing with the CM board to be a bit awkward and would accidentally hit the windows key too frequently for my tastes, so those had to be pulled which was obnoxious.

I don't mind blues, but brows are a bit more responsive imo, and still have that bump which lets you know you've reached the actuation point which is nice. Reds kind of weird me out with the way they are shaped, but to each their own.

I think, for the cost of the WASD you could do better for the board. Ducky isn't bad if you're into the LED bit, personally I am not, I would recommend Filco or Leopold.
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 16:31:47
March 19 2014 16:27 GMT
#6791
Hi, I don't know if it's the right place to be but I need your help.

A few weeks ago I saw a keyboard and I think it was an incredible keyboard. The keyboard was green and white and he was a garden. I found a picture but it's not exactly the same : http://statigr.am/p/657904713826005992_307952523#/detail/657904713826005992_307952523

Do you have an idea of where I can find the picture of the keyboard ? Thanks.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
March 19 2014 17:36 GMT
#6792
On March 20 2014 01:27 Aeromi wrote:
Hi, I don't know if it's the right place to be but I need your help.

A few weeks ago I saw a keyboard and I think it was an incredible keyboard. The keyboard was green and white and he was a garden. I found a picture but it's not exactly the same : http://statigr.am/p/657904713826005992_307952523#/detail/657904713826005992_307952523

Do you have an idea of where I can find the picture of the keyboard ? Thanks.

It is a Poker II if that is any help.
kinsky
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany368 Posts
March 19 2014 17:50 GMT
#6793
On March 19 2014 21:01 sicQ wrote:
Hey everyone.
I am looking for my first mechanical keyboard right now and I have some questions:

How do I know which switches are good for me? A friend of mine swears on red switches and they feel really nice on his keyboard, but I have read that most SC2 players are using brown switches, so Im not shure what to buy.

I am also not shure on the company for my keyboard. I really like the looks of the WASD Keyboards (Axiom Style ^^ ) and the customization possibilities, but I have also read a lot of good things about Ducky Keyboards which are a little bit cheaper and have backlight, but are harder to find it seems.

Hope you can help me and answer my questions or give me some advice!







Ducky Keyboards are only sold by this site in Germany:

http://www.getdigital.de/Ducky-Keyboard.html
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-21 00:11:17
March 21 2014 00:10 GMT
#6794
Can someone explain this to me please:

I have a blackwidow kb I think the first gen? with the mx blues and blue razer symbol on the bottom.


I can press multiple keys at a time no problem but for some reason I can not press A+S and 3. The 3 doesn't register. I can press S+D and 3 or any other combination of WASD for any other 2 letter and numpad digit and have no problem.

Just for reference, the reason these keys are important is because I play SF3 on GGPO using WASD for movements, and 456, 123 for punches and kicks.

It's very annoying in a match when I am holding down back and try and press 3 (which is sweep) and nothing comes out and I end up eating a combo or whiffing a punish.

Is there some firmware or software I can update?
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
negativedge
Profile Joined December 2011
4279 Posts
March 22 2014 08:20 GMT
#6795
On March 20 2014 01:27 Aeromi wrote:
Hi, I don't know if it's the right place to be but I need your help.

A few weeks ago I saw a keyboard and I think it was an incredible keyboard. The keyboard was green and white and he was a garden. I found a picture but it's not exactly the same : http://statigr.am/p/657904713826005992_307952523#/detail/657904713826005992_307952523

Do you have an idea of where I can find the picture of the keyboard ? Thanks.


those keycaps came from a group buy over at geekhack. you can see the thread here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40610.0

you can't buy them anymore, though, unless you find someone who was in on the buy and is willing to sell. or you could order the keys individually from the site they did the buy from, but that is quite expensive. it is possible that the picture you are looking for is in that thread, or at least somewhere else on geekhack.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 22 2014 18:14 GMT
#6796
On March 21 2014 09:10 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Can someone explain this to me please:

I have a blackwidow kb I think the first gen? with the mx blues and blue razer symbol on the bottom.


I can press multiple keys at a time no problem but for some reason I can not press A+S and 3. The 3 doesn't register. I can press S+D and 3 or any other combination of WASD for any other 2 letter and numpad digit and have no problem.

Just for reference, the reason these keys are important is because I play SF3 on GGPO using WASD for movements, and 456, 123 for punches and kicks.

It's very annoying in a match when I am holding down back and try and press 3 (which is sweep) and nothing comes out and I end up eating a combo or whiffing a punish.

Is there some firmware or software I can update?


Original blackwidow was the only mech board i know of that was 2kro so you might just be screwed there
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
SarAk
Profile Joined April 2013
Canada14 Posts
March 23 2014 18:50 GMT
#6797
Hello everyone,

I have never used a mech keyboard and i've decided to give it a try. After reading a bit about it i want to start by trying brown keys. Could you guys recommand some nice keyboard for less than 100€ if possible (i can go higher if it's really worth it but would like to avoid).

I know there is the Ducky 9008G2 and the Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid that have been recommanded but i'll order it in azerty layout and i don't know if i'll find them. Moreover, i'd like to know which models are working great for you

Thx
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
March 24 2014 18:51 GMT
#6798
On March 23 2014 03:14 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 09:10 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Can someone explain this to me please:

I have a blackwidow kb I think the first gen? with the mx blues and blue razer symbol on the bottom.


I can press multiple keys at a time no problem but for some reason I can not press A+S and 3. The 3 doesn't register. I can press S+D and 3 or any other combination of WASD for any other 2 letter and numpad digit and have no problem.

Just for reference, the reason these keys are important is because I play SF3 on GGPO using WASD for movements, and 456, 123 for punches and kicks.

It's very annoying in a match when I am holding down back and try and press 3 (which is sweep) and nothing comes out and I end up eating a combo or whiffing a punish.

Is there some firmware or software I can update?


Original blackwidow was the only mech board i know of that was 2kro so you might just be screwed there


tried googling, but I didn't get a legit description of what 2kro means.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
March 24 2014 18:53 GMT
#6799
On March 25 2014 03:51 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2014 03:14 Cyro wrote:
On March 21 2014 09:10 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Can someone explain this to me please:

I have a blackwidow kb I think the first gen? with the mx blues and blue razer symbol on the bottom.


I can press multiple keys at a time no problem but for some reason I can not press A+S and 3. The 3 doesn't register. I can press S+D and 3 or any other combination of WASD for any other 2 letter and numpad digit and have no problem.

Just for reference, the reason these keys are important is because I play SF3 on GGPO using WASD for movements, and 456, 123 for punches and kicks.

It's very annoying in a match when I am holding down back and try and press 3 (which is sweep) and nothing comes out and I end up eating a combo or whiffing a punish.

Is there some firmware or software I can update?


Original blackwidow was the only mech board i know of that was 2kro so you might just be screwed there


tried googling, but I didn't get a legit description of what 2kro means.

Key rollover if I am not mistaken.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
March 24 2014 18:55 GMT
#6800
Anyway, I was discussing it in this other thread and it's just that specific combo of keys (and only those)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/230812-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-2012?page=418#8352

So I'm going to switch to 789 & 456 since it's no problem.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Prev 1 338 339 340 341 342 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 137
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 467
Bale 40
League of Legends
Doublelift4474
Other Games
summit1g9561
JimRising 547
ViBE245
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV199
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 116
• Light_VIP 4
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra941
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 56m
Patches Events
13h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 56m
OSC
21h 56m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.