• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:41
CEST 03:41
KST 10:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8769 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 338

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 336 337 338 339 340 383 Next
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
February 04 2014 03:16 GMT
#6741
I've never heard of UV printing, pretty neat..but I wonder how the keys feel, and not to mention how much that may have cost.
Jaxx
Profile Joined July 2004
Slovakia758 Posts
February 05 2014 15:57 GMT
#6742
I finally decided and ordered Ducky Shine 3 with brown switches and white backlight at NCIX.com. This will be my first mechanical keyboard so I'm really pumped. Now I have to wait until it travels over half of the world. Too bad that Canada post service doesn't care and keeps "Item processed" status 5 days after NCIX shipped it T.T
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
February 05 2014 19:04 GMT
#6743
On February 04 2014 05:01 ripster wrote:
Just dropping this here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1wwpew/spotted_this_over_at_wasd_keyboards/

[image loading]

Carbot <333
omg this is so awesome; makes me want to order a WASD with that key layout
Get off my lawn, young punks
Westy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England808 Posts
February 06 2014 21:07 GMT
#6744
So I'm not much of a Mechanical Keyboard fan (been using my rubber dome logitech keyboard for 11 years with no problems!) but my flatmate is a massive fan, recently wrote this review about his Ducky Mini if anyone is interested.

He is slowly persuading me though. I was thinking about possibly getting a Qpad MK-50 or maybe something with black switches (I guess those would be best for SC2?)

Any advice for a first time mechanical keyboard buyer who plays a lot of SC2?
Tokikong
Profile Joined March 2013
35 Posts
February 08 2014 23:10 GMT
#6745
On February 07 2014 06:07 Westy wrote:
So I'm not much of a Mechanical Keyboard fan (been using my rubber dome logitech keyboard for 11 years with no problems!) but my flatmate is a massive fan, recently wrote this review about his Ducky Mini if anyone is interested.

He is slowly persuading me though. I was thinking about possibly getting a Qpad MK-50 or maybe something with black switches (I guess those would be best for SC2?)

Any advice for a first time mechanical keyboard buyer who plays a lot of SC2?



Hey Westy!

If you feel good and really like to write/play on your rubber dome keyboard keep it !

I used the Qpad MK-50 with brown switches myself and the keyboard was really solid and I liked it.

Most people consider black switches really stiff for gaming and I personally really don't like them too but it comes down to preference.

If it's going to be your first mechanical keyboard I would recommend you brown switches , they are light and have a overall good feeling compared to other switches !

Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
February 08 2014 23:15 GMT
#6746
Depends on what you want out of the mechanical keyboard. There's no reason to get one just because people say to, I certainly wouldn't buy one if I didn't have the spare cash to do so. That aside blacks are considered to be the worst when it comes to RTS games (keyword: considered, it doesn't mean you can't play with them). You can look at the OP's post under Common Questions to get some answers to some questions you may have.
B_Type13X2
Profile Joined October 2012
Canada122 Posts
February 13 2014 01:01 GMT
#6747
Just purchased a CorsairK70 with MX blues to compliment my Steelseries 6V2 I don't know which I prefer of the two to be honest right now both are quite good. The corsair I'd say is preferred because both the forward and backslash are not right next to eachother.
Half the fun of the internet is untwisting the 20 layers of BS around everything
kinsky
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany368 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-13 13:22:17
February 13 2014 13:21 GMT
#6748
hi guys! right now i am using my 3rd mechanical keyboard. i had 2 steelseries 6gv2´s and i am using a leopold fc500r right now - and i have/had the same issue with all 3 of them!

i use "4" as hotkey for my cc´s and after some months the "4" stopped working properly on all 3 keyboards. hitting the button once gives me "44","444" or "4444" as a result. does anybody share this experience?! can somebody tell me, what i am doing wrong or how to fix it?!

yes, i play a lot of sc2 - therefore hitting that button very often. but it cant be normal, that this happens on 3 different (expensive mechanical) keyboards, right?! any help is appreciated. thank you.

edit: typo
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
February 13 2014 13:32 GMT
#6749
For that problem you describe, I'd wonder if it would be good to shoot electrical contact cleaner into the switch? I mean contact cleaner that comes in an aerosol can. This would make a serious (oily) mess, so I don't know if it's a good idea.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
watchlulu
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany475 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-16 19:50:02
February 16 2014 19:38 GMT
#6750
I have a question:

I'm thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard but by now I could not manage to find one that fit's me.
Because I take F1 - F4 as additional hotkeys (they replace 7 - 0) and i would like to have those (F1 - F4) like very near to the keys 1 - 4 so that F1 is over 1 and so on.

On all keyboards I've seen by now, the F-Keys are positioned this way:

_______F1_F2_F3_F4
___1__2__3__4

What i want is something similar to this:

___F1_F2_F3_F4
__1__2__3__4

Anyone seen something like this?
Have a nice day!
[MD]Frostbite
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Canada292 Posts
February 16 2014 19:53 GMT
#6751
I think that all keyboards are standardized into the

On all keyboards I've seen by now, the F-Keys are positioned this way:

_______F1_F2_F3_F4
___1__2__3__4


Pretty sure you can't find something like

What i want is something similar to this:

___F1_F2_F3_F4
__1__2__3__4

Anyone seen something like this?
White-Ra, the godfather Protoss
kinsky
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany368 Posts
February 16 2014 20:36 GMT
#6752
On February 17 2014 04:38 TrumpetWilli wrote:
I have a question:

I'm thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard but by now I could not manage to find one that fit's me.
Because I take F1 - F4 as additional hotkeys (they replace 7 - 0) and i would like to have those (F1 - F4) like very near to the keys 1 - 4 so that F1 is over 1 and so on.

On all keyboards I've seen by now, the F-Keys are positioned this way:

_______F1_F2_F3_F4
___1__2__3__4

What i want is something similar to this:

___F1_F2_F3_F4
__1__2__3__4

Anyone seen something like this?



http://www.amazon.de/mechanische-Tastatur-Noppoo-Cherry-International/dp/B007OK9OOM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392582984&sr=8-1&keywords=choc mini

there you go.
Pursuit_
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States1330 Posts
February 17 2014 02:02 GMT
#6753
On February 17 2014 04:38 TrumpetWilli wrote:
I have a question:

I'm thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard but by now I could not manage to find one that fit's me.
Because I take F1 - F4 as additional hotkeys (they replace 7 - 0) and i would like to have those (F1 - F4) like very near to the keys 1 - 4 so that F1 is over 1 and so on.

On all keyboards I've seen by now, the F-Keys are positioned this way:

_______F1_F2_F3_F4
___1__2__3__4

What i want is something similar to this:

___F1_F2_F3_F4
__1__2__3__4

Anyone seen something like this?


http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&m=27

Vortex RACE is the keyboard I use, highly reccommended.
In Somnis Veritas
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
February 17 2014 03:56 GMT
#6754
Are there any boards with red/purple/pink bodies and/or red/purple/pink keycaps? Really would like my s/o to stop stealing my keyboard...

tenkeyless ideally, but w/e works.

In theory I can go for a $150 custom wasd, anything less pricey out there?
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-17 05:04:21
February 17 2014 05:00 GMT
#6755
On February 17 2014 12:56 phar wrote:
Are there any boards with red/purple/pink bodies and/or red/purple/pink keycaps? Really would like my s/o to stop stealing my keyboard...

tenkeyless ideally, but w/e works.

In theory I can go for a $150 custom wasd, anything less pricey out there?

You can just get a cheaper board and a keycap set from somewhere else.

Check compatibility for size and spacings for spacebars and possibly other keys though.

http://keypop.bigcartel.com/product/6-25x-red-translucent-spacebar
http://keypop.bigcartel.com/product/red-doubleshot-keycap-set-111-keycaps (doubleshot ABS, better than below)
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=dmx_us104_lav_tw
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=dmx_us104_red_tw

I'm not up to date on pricing for keyboards and keycap vendors.
watchlulu
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany475 Posts
February 17 2014 14:36 GMT
#6756
Thanks Pursuit & kinsky for your effort, but not quite what I'm looking for
Have a nice day!
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
February 17 2014 19:55 GMT
#6757
On February 17 2014 14:00 Myrmidon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 12:56 phar wrote:
Are there any boards with red/purple/pink bodies and/or red/purple/pink keycaps? Really would like my s/o to stop stealing my keyboard...

tenkeyless ideally, but w/e works.

In theory I can go for a $150 custom wasd, anything less pricey out there?

You can just get a cheaper board and a keycap set from somewhere else.

Check compatibility for size and spacings for spacebars and possibly other keys though.

http://keypop.bigcartel.com/product/6-25x-red-translucent-spacebar
http://keypop.bigcartel.com/product/red-doubleshot-keycap-set-111-keycaps (doubleshot ABS, better than below)
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=dmx_us104_lav_tw
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=dmx_us104_red_tw

I'm not up to date on pricing for keyboards and keycap vendors.

Hmm interesting idea, like a qfr + red keycaps, might be able to sell her on that.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
February 20 2014 05:03 GMT
#6758
On my blackwidow razer keyboard all of the sudden the backspace doesn't work too well. works fine on the left half of the key but I have to hit hard on the right. Any ideas to fix it? The swtich looks like it's raised up a little bit
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
February 20 2014 10:36 GMT
#6759
Large keys like Backspace use a "stabilizer". If you pull off the key-cap, you'll be able to do something to it. It probably needs a little grease. Use something thick like Vaseline so that it stays where you put it, not an oil that will slowly creep away and into the surrounding area.

You should go to Youtube and research this stabilizer business. There should be video guides on how to get the key-cap off without breaking the stabilizer (the plastic parts involved are pretty thin). There are two different styles for those parts, and best would be to find a video for your exact keyboard.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
0excalibur
Profile Joined December 2013
Taiwan11 Posts
February 20 2014 16:18 GMT
#6760
I was wondering where is the best place to buy the filco brown switches that is ten keyless? seems like it is $200 on all places? If its not the shipping is like $70 which is ridiculous. Is it really suppose to be that expensive?
Prev 1 336 337 338 339 340 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
NeuroSwarm 76
FoxeR 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 491
Bale 70
League of Legends
Doublelift4785
Other Games
summit1g8886
JimRising 557
ViBE213
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick647
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1093
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 20m
Patches Events
13h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 20m
OSC
21h 20m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.