• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:28
CEST 06:28
KST 13:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8593 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 324

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 322 323 324 325 326 653 Next
bode927
Profile Joined April 2011
United States164 Posts
May 05 2013 07:32 GMT
#6461
I probably already know the answer to this question, but before i drop $1300 on a new computer, I'm going to ask and make sure.

My motherboard has 4x 4pin fan connectors on it. The case fans that I am buying are 3 pin fans. Will these fans still work when plugged into the 4 pin connectors on the motherboard? What is the disadvantage of lacking that fourth pin?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 05 2013 07:42 GMT
#6462
Yes, it'll work. The 4th pin is PWM.
bode927
Profile Joined April 2011
United States164 Posts
May 05 2013 08:14 GMT
#6463
Thanks for the reply. I assumed as much, just making sure
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-05 21:41:20
May 05 2013 14:32 GMT
#6464
+ Show Spoiler +
Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.


~30 seconds after I turn on my computer the display goes black and then recovers and this is what is logged in event viewer. If I open up a stream the same thing will happen except it will blue screen instead of recover (and create a dmp file, can upload if it will be helpful).

I have a sapphire 5770 and it started when I turned my computer on this morning. I didn't install drivers or do anything I have not done a million times before yesterday so I'm not sure why it would suddenly start doing this.

Google suggested it could be an undervolting issue, but as I'm not overclocking and the card hasn't had problems in five months I don't see why this would be an issue.


So I reinstalled the drivers, but that just appears to have kept the problem around. I can play games, but if I open a stream it still blue screens. I would take this to mean it is flash related, but I have no clue what to do about it. Has to do with hardware acceleration apparently ^_^


I think I fixed it. I can open a stream now without it blue screening at least so as long as this holds up ^_^
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
May 05 2013 21:26 GMT
#6465
The wifi on my laptop has been spotty since I installed Windows 8 onto it. It's a samsung series 7 ivy bridge/gt640m model (np700z5c-s01). I know it isn't my router (which is bad but irrelevant) because it can be spotty at home, at my girlfriend's house (tested over several days), as well as connecting on campus.

I upgraded from Windows 7, 64 bit to 64 bit, kept my settings, etc intact. Anybody know what a possible solution could be?

Wireless Adapter is an Intel Centrino Advanced N-6235.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
May 05 2013 22:30 GMT
#6466
Is it connection issues or speed issues?
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
May 05 2013 22:55 GMT
#6467
Did you update drivers?
twitch.tv/cratonz
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-06 01:06:37
May 06 2013 01:01 GMT
#6468
On May 06 2013 07:55 Craton wrote:
Did you update drivers?


@ the guy above Craton, connection issues.

Yes, the centrino drivers are up to date. I'm at a loss as to what it could actually be. >.<

Edit: I wonder if it could actually be the new driver update. 15.6.1 is what I'm on, which was released March 19th. Can I roll back a driver update?
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
May 06 2013 01:41 GMT
#6469
You can typically uninstall drivers and then install whatever version, but you have to find a copy of the installer.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-06 03:42:14
May 06 2013 03:22 GMT
#6470
Hey guys my PC is crashing very frequently. It happens while I play video games every time, although it may have manifested outside of gaming once or twice when it was getting particularly bad. The PC is less than a year old and this come up randomly a few months ago.

When I switch to on-board Ivy Bridge graphics the crashes stop completely. Tried fresh windows install, re-installed drivers and updated bios, shuffling around wires, none of these worked. I have run Prime95 and Furmark successfully multiple times in the past. Memtest passed 1 run. I still have the warranty on all of the parts so I am willing to eliminate variables and try other parts but I don't know where to start.

My question is this: Since I don't crash in-game with onboard graphics, can I assume my video card is to blame?

Parts:
+ Show Spoiler +

Asrock z77 extreme 4
Ivy Bridge i5 3570k
Hyper 212+
Powercolor 7850
Corsair hx750
Seagate 2tb
Crucial M4 128g
G.Skill Ripjaws? 8gb
Old-ass Dell flat screen


If any more info is required let me know. I tried to keep this brief T_T
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-06 04:32:24
May 06 2013 04:32 GMT
#6471
On May 06 2013 12:22 Puph wrote:
Hey guys my PC is crashing very frequently. It happens while I play video games every time, although it may have manifested outside of gaming once or twice when it was getting particularly bad. The PC is less than a year old and this come up randomly a few months ago.

When I switch to on-board Ivy Bridge graphics the crashes stop completely. Tried fresh windows install, re-installed drivers and updated bios, shuffling around wires, none of these worked. I have run Prime95 and Furmark successfully multiple times in the past. Memtest passed 1 run. I still have the warranty on all of the parts so I am willing to eliminate variables and try other parts but I don't know where to start.

My question is this: Since I don't crash in-game with onboard graphics, can I assume my video card is to blame?

Parts:
+ Show Spoiler +

Asrock z77 extreme 4
Ivy Bridge i5 3570k
Hyper 212+
Powercolor 7850
Corsair hx750
Seagate 2tb
Crucial M4 128g
G.Skill Ripjaws? 8gb
Old-ass Dell flat screen


If any more info is required let me know. I tried to keep this brief T_T

I am no expert but sounds like either GPU or RAM? I normally wouldn't say RAM, but memtest only passes 1 run? Should it be able to do more than that?

If you're going to eliminate parts, start with the GPU and individual memory slots, IMO.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
May 06 2013 07:13 GMT
#6472
It's most likely to be the gpu, trying a different gpu first would be ideal.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Ata
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada356 Posts
May 06 2013 13:23 GMT
#6473
On May 06 2013 12:22 Puph wrote:
Hey guys my PC is crashing very frequently. It happens while I play video games every time, although it may have manifested outside of gaming once or twice when it was getting particularly bad. The PC is less than a year old and this come up randomly a few months ago.

When I switch to on-board Ivy Bridge graphics the crashes stop completely. Tried fresh windows install, re-installed drivers and updated bios, shuffling around wires, none of these worked. I have run Prime95 and Furmark successfully multiple times in the past. Memtest passed 1 run. I still have the warranty on all of the parts so I am willing to eliminate variables and try other parts but I don't know where to start.

My question is this: Since I don't crash in-game with onboard graphics, can I assume my video card is to blame?

Parts:
+ Show Spoiler +

Asrock z77 extreme 4
Ivy Bridge i5 3570k
Hyper 212+
Powercolor 7850
Corsair hx750
Seagate 2tb
Crucial M4 128g
G.Skill Ripjaws? 8gb
Old-ass Dell flat screen


If any more info is required let me know. I tried to keep this brief T_T


As recommended by the person above, you could try the gpu in another computer or test your computer with another gpu. If thats out of question, run memtest for a good while (at least overnight) and see if you have any errors.
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-06 13:55:33
May 06 2013 13:53 GMT
#6474
Thanks guys, going to run memtest more, switch out the card as well as test with 1 stick of ram at a time to see which of these is the culprit. I just find it so weird that my PC used to work perfectly fine and that it still does with onboard graphics. When the crashes came, so many things started to go wrong!
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
May 06 2013 13:58 GMT
#6475
You don't need to test with individual memory sticks if you didn't yet run into an error on memtest. Also, you should test the card first if you have access to another.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Ahelvin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France1866 Posts
May 06 2013 15:09 GMT
#6476
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about updating my very old CPU, but I'm not quite sure whether my motherboard can support newer CPU.

I currently have an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, and my motherboard is an Asus P5QC. Should I upgrade both my CPU and Motherboard, or is it worth it to just upgrade the CPU? In that case, what kind of CPU would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.
Join the Liquipedia Zerg Project ! PM me for more information :).
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
May 06 2013 15:27 GMT
#6477
On May 07 2013 00:09 Ahelvin wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about updating my very old CPU, but I'm not quite sure whether my motherboard can support newer CPU.

I currently have an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, and my motherboard is an Asus P5QC. Should I upgrade both my CPU and Motherboard, or is it worth it to just upgrade the CPU? In that case, what kind of CPU would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.


All recent Intel CPUs use a different socket than what your motherboard has. That means that if you want something that isn't 3 (or more) generations old, you'll have to upgrade your motherboard. You might want to wait 1-2 months with this, since Intel is launching a new CPU generation that will use another socket than the previous generations did.
Such flammable little insects!
Ahelvin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France1866 Posts
May 06 2013 16:35 GMT
#6478
On May 07 2013 00:27 Rannasha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 00:09 Ahelvin wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about updating my very old CPU, but I'm not quite sure whether my motherboard can support newer CPU.

I currently have an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, and my motherboard is an Asus P5QC. Should I upgrade both my CPU and Motherboard, or is it worth it to just upgrade the CPU? In that case, what kind of CPU would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.


All recent Intel CPUs use a different socket than what your motherboard has. That means that if you want something that isn't 3 (or more) generations old, you'll have to upgrade your motherboard. You might want to wait 1-2 months with this, since Intel is launching a new CPU generation that will use another socket than the previous generations did.

That's what I was fearing, thanks !

Any guide available to understand what are the different sockets and which CPU are compatible with which motherboards? I'd like to be a bit more knowledgeable than I am on the subject .
Join the Liquipedia Zerg Project ! PM me for more information :).
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
May 06 2013 16:57 GMT
#6479
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_socket

You've got LGA 775. Usually, but not always, every CPU of a certain socket can work with every motherboard that uses that socket (wasn't that way for 775, isn't that way sometimes if you're looking at say a very low-end motherboard that can't handle the power draw of a high-end chip). You can check compatibility on the motherboard manufacturer's website's product page. Everything that doesn't match doesn't work—first of all, it physically doesn't fit.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-06 19:16:23
May 06 2013 19:14 GMT
#6480
Hi everyone. I'm having issues with my internet lately and have been getting slower speeds. Via ethernet cable, I used to get 40~50 Mbps down and 3~5 Mpbs up. Now I'm getting a fraction with 6~10 Mbps down and less than 1 Mbps up. The results are inconsistent though and I sometimes shoot back up to around 10~25 Mbps down but still less than 1 Mbps up.

I've tried using different ethernet cables, but the results are the same. My roommate's internet is just fine, which leads me to believe my ethernet port on my laptop has gone bad (possibly due to walking around campus with it in my backpack so much).

Are there any ways to change the ethernet port or remedy the issue with other tools?
Prev 1 322 323 324 325 326 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 248
FoxeR 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4594
Leta 1831
ViBE126
Bale 50
Shine 18
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Other Games
summit1g8565
WinterStarcraft519
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick591
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota250
• swagsyndrome_0
League of Legends
• Lourlo975
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 33m
Patches Events
10h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 33m
OSC
18h 33m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.