• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:51
CEST 15:51
KST 22:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7369 users

Viewing replays on B.net - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-11 16:59:52
August 11 2007 16:57 GMT
#21
On August 12 2007 01:15 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2007 01:11 [X]Ken~D wrote:
Does anyone know why this feature was taken out of WC3?

It add a lot to BW, so I thought it was strange that they taken it out in WC3.


In a gist, watching reps on b.net adds to server stress.

Can you elaborate, please? I find that hard to believe. I don't see why a replay should be any more "stressful" than any other private game.

Personally, being able to watch replays together with friends online makes them a lot more enjoyable. Even though you don't get as much information, SC's replay system is easily superior to WC3's replay system because of this. Besides, thanks to 3rd party programs like Penguin Plug (before it stopped working in 1.15), we could see stuff like what the players were clicking on, and we had replays where all the in-game text was saved. So I'd be surprised if these features were somehow incompatible with viewing replays online with other people.

Like Ken~D, I really have no idea why this feature had to be removed from WC3. I mean, they already had observers as a feature for games (which I assume SC2 will have as well ). So if multiple people were watching a replay, I imagine they could've been treated as observers (in contrast to SC1 which treats them as players, which is why we're limited to 2 replay-viewing slots for 2-player maps, e.g.). So I don't think it was a technical limitation in the game's programming.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 11 2007 17:07 GMT
#22
On August 12 2007 01:57 Bill307 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2007 01:15 NeoIllusions wrote:
On August 12 2007 01:11 [X]Ken~D wrote:
Does anyone know why this feature was taken out of WC3?

It add a lot to BW, so I thought it was strange that they taken it out in WC3.


In a gist, watching reps on b.net adds to server stress.

Can you elaborate, please? I find that hard to believe. I don't see why a replay should be any more "stressful" than any other private game.

Personally, being able to watch replays together with friends online makes them a lot more enjoyable. Even though you don't get as much information, SC's replay system is easily superior to WC3's replay system because of this. Besides, thanks to 3rd party programs like Penguin Plug (before it stopped working in 1.15), we could see stuff like what the players were clicking on, and we had replays where all the in-game text was saved. So I'd be surprised if these features were somehow incompatible with viewing replays online with other people.

Like Ken~D, I really have no idea why this feature had to be removed from WC3. I mean, they already had observers as a feature for games (which I assume SC2 will have as well ). So if multiple people were watching a replay, I imagine they could've been treated as observers (in contrast to SC1 which treats them as players, which is why we're limited to 2 replay-viewing slots for 2-player maps, e.g.). So I don't think it was a technical limitation in the game's programming.


I don't quite understand the technical problem with allowing replays for WC3 but this was the vague answer Blizzard gave a few years ago when RoC was first released. There was a shitload of people that urged Blizzard to implement b.net replay viewing but obviously that never enabled.

I do agree with you that watching reps with friends is worthwhile. It is a pity we might not be able to do so when SC2 comes out.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-11 20:05:16
August 11 2007 20:03 GMT
#23
Worthwhile?!?

Come on, it's neccesary.
I don't even play for shit with my friends anymore cuz we get really into a intense 1v1 series often.
And the intensity is something a high mind can't handle.

However, in the last 2 years or so, most of my time on Bnet has been with replays with friends and big team games. I still consider myself a serious player and when the need arises I can get back into 1v1 grind mode, but there are other kinds of gamers out there and replay sharing is such a big part fo Bnet for me and I'm sure others.

On August 10 2007 13:43 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Omg...Thats why i still play BW to this day...Replays online...-.-...Watching ancient games with my friends...I still have the replay of my first game ever online -.-...I'm sad every time I watch it...


See? This is the kinda shit I relate with too. Man, I still wish I had my first replays, me and my friends (yes some of them have played this game with me for over 8 years) would fuckn cry laughin at some of our first "epic" games.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4422
Jaedong 2397
Leta 2249
Soulkey 1875
EffOrt 1036
Soma 643
Mini 452
Horang2 388
BeSt 314
Light 294
[ Show more ]
Rush 265
Stork 261
Larva 209
Snow 173
ggaemo 139
Killer 131
Pusan 127
Barracks 124
Zeus 113
hero 100
firebathero 94
JYJ 86
Mong 60
Sea.KH 58
Sharp 39
ToSsGirL 33
Aegong 29
Shinee 28
Bale 28
sorry 23
zelot 21
Sexy 19
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
JulyZerg 9
Terrorterran 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6476
qojqva1263
Dendi741
XaKoH 457
Counter-Strike
Fnx 553
kRYSTAL_276
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4213
Khaldor158
Other Games
gofns44799
singsing1662
olofmeister1268
B2W.Neo797
byalli551
Lowko385
Livibee195
DeMusliM195
mouzStarbuck172
Liquid`VortiX133
ArmadaUGS99
OGKoka 91
Chillindude13
Railgan10
amsayoshi0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV403
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream185
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV359
League of Legends
• Jankos1779
• Nemesis1568
• TFBlade406
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 9m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.