• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:32
CEST 16:32
KST 23:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8162 users

Viewing replays on B.net

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-24 10:52:37
August 09 2007 08:53 GMT
#1
First off i feel like an idiot for typoing replays into replys

Well I haven't checked this out completely

There is one thing that is concerning to me that started with WC3.

I haven't checked with recent patches but when I first tried it never worked.

What I am concerned with is the ability to watch replays on B.net, with your pals. This is something my friends and I do on a regular basis in SC; to see games that were maybe funny or something so we can commentate on our mistakes and what not.

Well in short I hope we will be able to watch replays with Multiple people on b.net hopefully with those nice features that WC3 replays had and more hopefully.

Please support this as a feature for SC2 haha I hope I don't come out as a idiot for not knowing that you can watch WC3 reps in B.net

I will be so pissed is Blizzard says its a upgraded B.net but sorry no replay viewing on it. grr
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
August 09 2007 08:54 GMT
#2
I'm not really into Warcraft 3, could you explain what the advantage of watching replays in Warcraft 3 is?

And by the way, isn't it impossible to watch replays on Battle.net in Warcraft 3?
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-24 10:53:27
August 09 2007 08:57 GMT
#3
Well the WC3 reps have little features like following the action giving good views and tilting and stuff just makes it better

Yeah and as far as i know its impossible to watch a replay on WC3 battle net witch is lame
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
vhallee
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
899 Posts
August 09 2007 09:42 GMT
#4
lol, you cant watch wc3 reps on bnet? thats hilarious! omg i hope sc 2 doesnt fit that pattern.
Marijuana causes amnesia and other things I don't remember.
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
August 10 2007 00:51 GMT
#5
Another thing would be to allow 8 (or whatever the max is) people to watch a replay regardless of game type or available slots.
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
August 10 2007 01:39 GMT
#6
Izzy is actually a good poster and he means well for the most part. His typing skills do not represent him.

anyways, I agree with you. I hope they implement all the war3 features of watching reps (and more) except for not being able to watch them online. Thats just retarded.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
August 10 2007 01:49 GMT
#7
Yup, that's one thing that always irked me when I played WC3 for a few months... no fun replays with your online buddies. I actually totally forgot about that lackage, Blizzard please make sure that we can watch replays online together in sc2!!!
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
August 10 2007 03:54 GMT
#8
Yeah, that was a kick in the pants by Blizzard. One of the coolest parts about SC was that if you had a bad game, you could lol at how terrible it was with your friends afterwards, accompanied by the replay.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
August 10 2007 04:43 GMT
#9
Omg...Thats why i still play BW to this day...Replays online...-.-...Watching ancient games with my friends...I still have the replay of my first game ever online -.-...I'm sad every time I watch it...
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
August 10 2007 07:29 GMT
#10
I still remember my first ladder game (FAST SPEED OMG) online, which also almost resulted in a stalemate. But my ubah 2 carrier micro (they had 5 interceptors combined) destroyed those 3 cliff-cannons in the end! Woaoh!

And yeah, some of the WC3 features are kinda hindering. Like you have to have the same map in the same folder as the ones they played if you wanna watch a replay? That's kinda dumb. I rather miss all the WC3 features for being able to watch replays online together with friends...
Complete the cycle!
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
August 10 2007 07:31 GMT
#11
They should have unlimited slots for replay viewing
I'll call Nada.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
August 10 2007 09:15 GMT
#12
So many little problems with war 3 make for a huge shit ball of game.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
ChaosKnight
Profile Joined April 2007
United States819 Posts
August 10 2007 12:13 GMT
#13
On August 10 2007 18:15 CharlieMurphy wrote:
So many little problems with war 3 make for a huge shit ball of game.


Well, a "huge shit ball of game" is an overstatement, but I definitely understand what you mean.

It is a huge shit ball of a game.

WarCraft 2, imo, was a great game and WC3 completely obliterated the magic, and in the case of the op and topic at hand, not being able to view replays on b.net is just the icing on the damn cake.

Unlimited slots for replays would also be a blessing... make it happen Blizz
Response
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States1938 Posts
August 10 2007 12:19 GMT
#14
i made a post about this in a different thread and im very afraid of this....watching replays with your friends is just a fun way to show off a game you are proud of, or ask for improvment from another player....its so dumb to me that you cant watch replays on battle.net on wc3 it makes no sense...somebody get ahold of Dustin Browder and tell him to implement replay watching on battle.net for sc2 asaply!
the REAL ReSpOnSe
Sudyn
Profile Joined May 2007
United States744 Posts
August 10 2007 14:26 GMT
#15
Well they couldn't particularly do tilting of the camera in Brood War because it was 2D. Since SC2 is 3D, and we've already seen that you can change the camera angle in it from the demos at Blizzcon, I highly doubt that it won't be so in SC2. Whether or not we get those nifty First-Person modes is to be determined.

If we can't watch replays on Battle.Net... that would just suck.
Gaetele banned?
scyfir
Profile Joined February 2007
United States40 Posts
August 10 2007 23:14 GMT
#16
I hope they allow you to make replays public too, it would be nice to watch other peoples games or show off your own.
Wizard
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Poland5055 Posts
August 10 2007 23:45 GMT
#17
On August 10 2007 23:26 Sudyn wrote:
Well they couldn't particularly do tilting of the camera in Brood War because it was 2D. Since SC2 is 3D, and we've already seen that you can change the camera angle in it from the demos at Blizzcon, I highly doubt that it won't be so in SC2. Whether or not we get those nifty First-Person modes is to be determined.

If we can't watch replays on Battle.Net... that would just suck.


It's more likely we get 1st person mode (as it was in WC3) then tilting/camera angle. Most likely we willg et both.
sAviOr[gm] ~ want to watch good replays? read my blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/wizard
[X]Ken~D
Profile Joined June 2007
377 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-11 16:12:02
August 11 2007 16:11 GMT
#18
Does anyone know why this feature was taken out of WC3?

It add a lot to BW, so I thought it was strange that they taken it out in WC3.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 11 2007 16:15 GMT
#19
On August 12 2007 01:11 [X]Ken~D wrote:
Does anyone know why this feature was taken out of WC3?

It add a lot to BW, so I thought it was strange that they taken it out in WC3.


In a gist, watching reps on b.net adds to server stress.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
August 11 2007 16:32 GMT
#20
should work in p2p mode easily
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Codebar 14
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 987
Soma 878
Mini 813
ggaemo 418
Rush 388
Horang2 365
BeSt 310
Light 310
actioN 297
Stork 284
[ Show more ]
Larva 277
Snow 230
hero 186
Barracks 166
Killer 129
firebathero 112
Zeus 102
JYJ 64
Mong 63
Aegong 56
Sharp 49
ToSsGirL 38
Shinee 36
soO 28
Sexy 26
Bale 24
zelot 20
Shine 18
sorry 17
Terrorterran 17
Rock 13
Sacsri 12
Icarus 10
JulyZerg 8
Dewaltoss 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7158
qojqva1546
Dendi825
XaKoH 464
420jenkins53
Counter-Strike
Fnx 692
kRYSTAL_461
edward79
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4634
Khaldor417
Other Games
gofns47547
singsing1739
B2W.Neo868
byalli550
Lowko421
DeMusliM216
mouzStarbuck190
Liquid`VortiX172
Livibee144
ArmadaUGS108
KnowMe101
Chillindude16
Railgan14
amsayoshi14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV279
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• mYiSmile119
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV372
League of Legends
• Nemesis2126
• Jankos1856
• TFBlade603
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 28m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 28m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.