• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:10
CEST 04:10
KST 11:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7621 users

Life arrested on match-fixing charges - Page 56

Forum Index > SC2 General
1598 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 80 Next
On February 14 2016 08:59 Seeker wrote:
Starting from this page on, I will be moderating more harshly toward any mention of MarineKing's name. This thread has NOTHING to do with MarineKing. Do not talk about MarineKing even if you are defending him. Just don't do it. Please no match-fixing accusations on MarineKing or any other player if it has not officially been confirmed.


This goes for other players too. -The_Templar
MRSA_SC2
Profile Joined January 2016
Germany19 Posts
February 04 2016 22:44 GMT
#1101
On February 05 2016 07:43 Thouhastmail wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 07:41 MRSA_SC2 wrote:
On February 05 2016 07:40 Thouhastmail wrote:
On February 05 2016 07:29 MRSA_SC2 wrote:
On February 05 2016 07:04 Thouhastmail wrote:
On February 05 2016 05:56 bduddy wrote:
On February 05 2016 03:53 lestye wrote:
From what i recall MC said in the interview after winning WCS in 2014 that he would give the prize money to his mother to save it for him until he finishes the military service, that is when he was at least 22 yo.
I think this is the culture in Korea generally. Life's parents were extremely engaged, they attended every single final he played in Korea and he was underage until a few weeks ago.
I am almost certain they held up his earnings and kept him living on what they thought is a more than sufficient salary. This means he certainly did have a financial motive after all, especially as a teenager.
I am really sorry for his parents even if this is not true.

Yeah, that seems to be a huge part of Korean culture, kids taking care of parents. All of MKP's money went to his aprents too, iicr.


Since when does parents attending their proud son's finals become engaging?

Try not to fit things too much into your speculation.


You can watch for example the interview with his mother and father before his last premium final in Korea GSL season 1 2015 (vs Parting when Parting's family never showed up) and judge for yourself.


http://m.sports.naver.com/esports/news/read.nhn?oid=347&aid=0000069679

Parting's mother was at the FIRST row - his father was passed away then.



Ok very well so they are all engaged


Nice attitude.


Sorry i do not claim to understand Korean/s but they seemed so.
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
February 04 2016 22:51 GMT
#1102
On February 05 2016 07:41 MRSA_SC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 07:40 Thouhastmail wrote:
On February 05 2016 07:29 MRSA_SC2 wrote:
On February 05 2016 07:04 Thouhastmail wrote:
On February 05 2016 05:56 bduddy wrote:
On February 05 2016 03:53 lestye wrote:
From what i recall MC said in the interview after winning WCS in 2014 that he would give the prize money to his mother to save it for him until he finishes the military service, that is when he was at least 22 yo.
I think this is the culture in Korea generally. Life's parents were extremely engaged, they attended every single final he played in Korea and he was underage until a few weeks ago.
I am almost certain they held up his earnings and kept him living on what they thought is a more than sufficient salary. This means he certainly did have a financial motive after all, especially as a teenager.
I am really sorry for his parents even if this is not true.

Yeah, that seems to be a huge part of Korean culture, kids taking care of parents. All of MKP's money went to his aprents too, iicr.


Since when does parents attending their proud son's finals become engaging?

Try not to fit things too much into your speculation.


You can watch for example the interview with his mother and father before his last premium final in Korea GSL season 1 2015 (vs Parting when Parting's family never showed up) and judge for yourself.


http://m.sports.naver.com/esports/news/read.nhn?oid=347&aid=0000069679

Parting's mother was at the FIRST row - his father was passed away then.



Ok very well so they are all engaged


I would be engaged too if I had a son who's making a lot of money but know that he won't make as much in his later life. My personal priorities come before my own son's
MRSA_SC2
Profile Joined January 2016
Germany19 Posts
February 04 2016 22:54 GMT
#1103
On February 05 2016 07:51 swissman777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 07:41 MRSA_SC2 wrote:
On February 05 2016 07:40 Thouhastmail wrote:
On February 05 2016 07:29 MRSA_SC2 wrote:
On February 05 2016 07:04 Thouhastmail wrote:
On February 05 2016 05:56 bduddy wrote:
On February 05 2016 03:53 lestye wrote:
From what i recall MC said in the interview after winning WCS in 2014 that he would give the prize money to his mother to save it for him until he finishes the military service, that is when he was at least 22 yo.
I think this is the culture in Korea generally. Life's parents were extremely engaged, they attended every single final he played in Korea and he was underage until a few weeks ago.
I am almost certain they held up his earnings and kept him living on what they thought is a more than sufficient salary. This means he certainly did have a financial motive after all, especially as a teenager.
I am really sorry for his parents even if this is not true.

Yeah, that seems to be a huge part of Korean culture, kids taking care of parents. All of MKP's money went to his aprents too, iicr.


Since when does parents attending their proud son's finals become engaging?

Try not to fit things too much into your speculation.


You can watch for example the interview with his mother and father before his last premium final in Korea GSL season 1 2015 (vs Parting when Parting's family never showed up) and judge for yourself.


http://m.sports.naver.com/esports/news/read.nhn?oid=347&aid=0000069679

Parting's mother was at the FIRST row - his father was passed away then.



Ok very well so they are all engaged


I would be engaged too if I had a son who's making a lot of money but know that he won't make as much in his later life. My personal priorities come before my own son's


Nice attitude
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
February 04 2016 23:10 GMT
#1104
This is crazy, why is no more information forthcoming, either Life(+lawyer) a really hard nut to crack or they are putting it off for some specific reason. Getting really impatient, I just want to know whats up so I can start to process whatever has come forward.

This situation makes me worried they got stuff on more progamers and are waiting to release informatio on all of them =/ Scary thought but this situation is weird.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
February 04 2016 23:18 GMT
#1105
On February 05 2016 06:25 LDaVinci wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 02:16 Shinespark wrote:
On February 05 2016 01:39 Shinespark wrote:
Can anyone point me to a VOD of Life clearly losing on purpose?

Anyone?


You'll find it here

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/503180-life-arrested-on-match-fixing-charges?page=7

It's not just him loosing to an all in. It's an all in he could have stopped. He pretended to not see the creep and send his overlords to the other base. At that level you don't miss the creep.

I hate to say it, but to me this is "almost" on purpose. And I say almost cause I believe people are innocent till the contrary is proven. But this one will be hard to explain.
By the way for the other person who replied to me, I'm Diamond zerg and I would not let this creep evade from my sight. So Life...

This "I'm trash tier and I can see creep on 1base" and stuff like that has been used before with MKP and it's not a valid argument lol, if you go to a match drunk or whatever you certainly can do certain things worse than chobo, especially if you have something on your mind or whatever.

It's suspect tho :D.
There are probably more to come but the bright side is that it can't be bigger than Life.
WriterMaru
Popkiller
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3415 Posts
February 04 2016 23:19 GMT
#1106
On February 05 2016 08:10 Shuffleblade wrote:
This is crazy, why is no more information forthcoming, either Life(+lawyer) a really hard nut to crack or they are putting it off for some specific reason. Getting really impatient, I just want to know whats up so I can start to process whatever has come forward.

This situation makes me worried they got stuff on more progamers and are waiting to release informatio on all of them =/ Scary thought but this situation is weird.


After Yoda and B4 were arrested, what else did we hear? Wasn't that the end of the news?
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
February 04 2016 23:24 GMT
#1107
On February 05 2016 08:19 Popkiller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 08:10 Shuffleblade wrote:
This is crazy, why is no more information forthcoming, either Life(+lawyer) a really hard nut to crack or they are putting it off for some specific reason. Getting really impatient, I just want to know whats up so I can start to process whatever has come forward.

This situation makes me worried they got stuff on more progamers and are waiting to release informatio on all of them =/ Scary thought but this situation is weird.


After Yoda and B4 were arrested, what else did we hear? Wasn't that the end of the news?


We atleast knew that KESPA banned them for lifetime. But yes, that was end of the topic and the news stream.

We will get news at some point, because Code S want be suspended till Life finds a way out of jail. Either Life will come up before Code S starts to play his Code A match or he wount and Kespa will make a news about it.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
MRSA_SC2
Profile Joined January 2016
Germany19 Posts
February 04 2016 23:25 GMT
#1108
On February 05 2016 08:19 Popkiller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 08:10 Shuffleblade wrote:
This is crazy, why is no more information forthcoming, either Life(+lawyer) a really hard nut to crack or they are putting it off for some specific reason. Getting really impatient, I just want to know whats up so I can start to process whatever has come forward.

This situation makes me worried they got stuff on more progamers and are waiting to release informatio on all of them =/ Scary thought but this situation is weird.


After Yoda and B4 were arrested, what else did we hear? Wasn't that the end of the news?


Kespa immediately came out and said they were banned for life
MRSA_SC2
Profile Joined January 2016
Germany19 Posts
February 04 2016 23:30 GMT
#1109
What is weird though is that Dragon could be more honest than Life
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
February 04 2016 23:43 GMT
#1110
On February 05 2016 06:47 Popkiller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 06:41 Phredxor wrote:
On February 05 2016 06:25 LDaVinci wrote:
On February 05 2016 02:16 Shinespark wrote:
On February 05 2016 01:39 Shinespark wrote:
Can anyone point me to a VOD of Life clearly losing on purpose?

Anyone?


You'll find it here

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/503180-life-arrested-on-match-fixing-charges?page=7

It's not just him loosing to an all in. It's an all in he could have stopped. He pretended to not see the creep and send his overlords to the other base. At that level you don't miss the creep.

I hate to say it, but to me this is "almost" on purpose. And I say almost cause I believe people are innocent till the contrary is proven. But this one will be hard to explain.
By the way for the other person who replied to me, I'm Diamond zerg and I would not let this creep evade from my sight. So Life...


MKPs was faaaar worse than this game and he was found to be legit.


they don't base this stuff on the gameplay.


Thats my point. :p
Scarlett`
Profile Joined April 2011
Korea (South)2441 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-04 23:58:55
February 04 2016 23:58 GMT
#1111
On February 05 2016 08:18 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 06:25 LDaVinci wrote:
On February 05 2016 02:16 Shinespark wrote:
On February 05 2016 01:39 Shinespark wrote:
Can anyone point me to a VOD of Life clearly losing on purpose?

Anyone?


You'll find it here

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/503180-life-arrested-on-match-fixing-charges?page=7

It's not just him loosing to an all in. It's an all in he could have stopped. He pretended to not see the creep and send his overlords to the other base. At that level you don't miss the creep.

I hate to say it, but to me this is "almost" on purpose. And I say almost cause I believe people are innocent till the contrary is proven. But this one will be hard to explain.
By the way for the other person who replied to me, I'm Diamond zerg and I would not let this creep evade from my sight. So Life...

This "I'm trash tier and I can see creep on 1base" and stuff like that has been used before with MKP and it's not a valid argument lol, if you go to a match drunk or whatever you certainly can do certain things worse than chobo, especially if you have something on your mind or whatever.

It's suspect tho :D.
There are probably more to come but the bright side is that it can't be bigger than Life.

yea ive actually lost vs the same build in exactly the same way on the same map as that game from life - creep isnt as visible on the minimap as it was in WoL so on some tilesets you can miss it on the minimap when not paying close enough attention
Progamer
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 00:44:10
February 05 2016 00:42 GMT
#1112
On February 05 2016 06:25 LDaVinci wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 02:16 Shinespark wrote:
On February 05 2016 01:39 Shinespark wrote:
Can anyone point me to a VOD of Life clearly losing on purpose?

Anyone?


You'll find it here

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/503180-life-arrested-on-match-fixing-charges?page=7

It's not just him loosing to an all in. It's an all in he could have stopped. He pretended to not see the creep and send his overlords to the other base. At that level you don't miss the creep.

I hate to say it, but to me this is "almost" on purpose. And I say almost cause I believe people are innocent till the contrary is proven. But this one will be hard to explain.
By the way for the other person who replied to me, I'm Diamond zerg and I would not let this creep evade from my sight. So Life...


I don't think it is as clear cut as you make it out to be. Progamers do stupid mistakes from time to time. We've seen cannon rushes at the wrong base. 6-pools to the wrong base. Proxy-2-rax to the wrong base, etc. And they all could have known where the opponent was.

Plus: You play way slower than Life. The faster you play, the more likely you're gonna miss something like that. I'm a Diamond Zerg as well - and I spend a fuckload of time just staring at everything, of course I'm gonna notice the creep there. A progamer doesn't have time to do that (well, they'd have time early game, but the APM spamming is real there. :-P ).
If they use their hotkey to go there and just overlook the creep, they most likely don't check again. I'd probably check a million times, just because I don't know whatelse to do with my time there :-P
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
February 05 2016 00:51 GMT
#1113
banned for Life?
huller20
Profile Joined August 2010
United States112 Posts
February 05 2016 00:58 GMT
#1114
Ok...so Life has been arrested for a while now...has he been charged? Will there be a trial? How deep does it go? Who did he snitch on?

The more time it takes, the worse I think it is. Seems like they are buying time in an attempt to go public in the most palatable way possible...looking nasty.
20-Minute-Jackal
Profile Joined May 2015
United States336 Posts
February 05 2016 01:24 GMT
#1115
I need news. Why are they taking so long in releasing updates?
ilovegroov
Profile Joined January 2015
357 Posts
February 05 2016 01:33 GMT
#1116
Someone link Zealouslys reaction pls
SynopticS
Profile Joined February 2016
1 Post
February 05 2016 04:10 GMT
#1117
Almost Lunar New Year. Probably won't get an update until next week.
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 04:18:10
February 05 2016 04:17 GMT
#1118
On February 05 2016 10:33 ilovegroov wrote:
Someone link Zealouslys reaction pls


Someone link you being a jackass pls

Oh wait you did that already.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
ChickaChuckWally
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia85 Posts
February 05 2016 04:26 GMT
#1119
On February 05 2016 09:42 Swisslink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2016 06:25 LDaVinci wrote:
On February 05 2016 02:16 Shinespark wrote:
On February 05 2016 01:39 Shinespark wrote:
Can anyone point me to a VOD of Life clearly losing on purpose?

Anyone?


You'll find it here

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/503180-life-arrested-on-match-fixing-charges?page=7

It's not just him loosing to an all in. It's an all in he could have stopped. He pretended to not see the creep and send his overlords to the other base. At that level you don't miss the creep.

I hate to say it, but to me this is "almost" on purpose. And I say almost cause I believe people are innocent till the contrary is proven. But this one will be hard to explain.
By the way for the other person who replied to me, I'm Diamond zerg and I would not let this creep evade from my sight. So Life...


I don't think it is as clear cut as you make it out to be. Progamers do stupid mistakes from time to time. We've seen cannon rushes at the wrong base. 6-pools to the wrong base. Proxy-2-rax to the wrong base, etc. And they all could have known where the opponent was.

Plus: You play way slower than Life. The faster you play, the more likely you're gonna miss something like that. I'm a Diamond Zerg as well - and I spend a fuckload of time just staring at everything, of course I'm gonna notice the creep there. A progamer doesn't have time to do that (well, they'd have time early game, but the APM spamming is real there. :-P ).
If they use their hotkey to go there and just overlook the creep, they most likely don't check again. I'd probably check a million times, just because I don't know whatelse to do with my time there :-P


He saw no hatchery, he saw no overlord. That little creep doesn't show up on a minimap and he obviously didn't actually go to the overlords view to move it he just clicked on the minimap. I would honestly say you can't really take much from this, I'd wait for actual confirmation instead of trying to find his mistakes.
:^) Puppy is love, Puppy is life
Loomies
Profile Joined July 2010
United States645 Posts
February 05 2016 06:52 GMT
#1120
https://twitter.com/proxywolf/status/695496724475871232/photo/1

"Due to the ongoing investigation with Life, he is unable to play his match today and forfeits. Bunny is Code S. "

whelp guess it was bound to happen
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 182
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17994
Rain 1542
GuemChi 905
sorry 45
NaDa 16
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever432
NeuroSwarm199
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 495
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1030
Mew2King89
Other Games
summit1g7639
JimRising 547
WinterStarcraft425
C9.Mang0174
ViBE119
ZombieGrub4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick801
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 186
• davetesta42
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt229
Other Games
• Scarra955
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 50m
INu's Battles
8h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 50m
OSC
20h 5m
Replay Cast
20h 50m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.