• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:38
CEST 18:38
KST 01:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10152 users

KeSPA's official statement on match fixing - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
272 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next All
LongShot27
Profile Joined May 2013
United States2084 Posts
May 11 2015 15:05 GMT
#181
On May 11 2015 23:29 Exstasy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2015 22:29 Rekrul wrote:
yoda's loss looked like a massive throw lol

We should just default assume all games are throws until we have evidence otherwise


This is the most logical choice...
If all men were created equal there would be no reason to declare it.
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
May 11 2015 15:07 GMT
#182
It is not about Banespeed I think:
First the Betting: It is again at lines which are waaay out of serious normal possibility. Bo1 dont have 4:1s just because it is so easy to take a BO-loss.
The Game: This game has some evidence, but way less then MK(notsoP) Game: Missing B-ling-Speed, happens. Having 1-1 not finished when enemy has 3-3 started while playing 3 base super safe and not got touched by Bombermacro in the first 7-8 mins? Not so likely.

There is no hard evidence, there wount be and there will never be in the game. But there is evidence that fixing is still going on and the possibility we just saw it once again today. Not good, not good at all.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
maGicc
Profile Joined March 2015
Finland134 Posts
May 11 2015 15:10 GMT
#183
Guessing it will be the end of Pinnacle offering any lines for Prime in the Proleague.

I seriosly doubt we will see any odds for upcoming KT-Prime or JinAir-Prime matches.
spoonmaster
Profile Joined May 2012
United States347 Posts
May 11 2015 15:18 GMT
#184
I don't think B4 could even ever win against Bomber even if he wasn't "throwing".

Watch the vod, the dude looked nervous as hell, shaking, before his game against Bomber. He knew he was outclassed and it just showed in the game when he went on tilt. He's like 0-6 in Proleague and literally never stood a chance. If I had the capital I too would've dropped a max limit bet on Bomber b/c I knew it was a 95% win when opening odds were at at like 82% .
maGicc
Profile Joined March 2015
Finland134 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-11 15:30:40
May 11 2015 15:29 GMT
#185
Its actually much more logical to assume that he was "nervous as hell" as a result of him throwing the match in public, not because he is afraid of playing Bomber.

I am puzzled why people use this fallacy in attempt to proove the player's innocence. I saw it in MKP's threads a couple of times too (Hey, MKP looked weird/nervous, thats why he played bad!), when in reality it only should condemn them more and rise the probability of the matchfixing.
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-11 15:43:50
May 11 2015 15:30 GMT
#186
On May 12 2015 00:18 spoonmaster wrote:
I don't think B4 could even ever win against Bomber even if he wasn't "throwing".

Watch the vod, the dude looked nervous as hell, shaking, before his game against Bomber. He knew he was outclassed and it just showed in the game when he went on tilt. He's like 0-6 in Proleague and literally never stood a chance. If I had the capital I too would've dropped a max limit bet on Bomber b/c I knew it was a 95% win when opening odds were at at like 82% .

Maybe those are reasons why it was matchfixing! He should be comfortable with losing now, and something like throwing a televised game was a lot of pressure. It's like when MK was playing against Byul. But who knows! These betting lines are getting to be so common with Prime.

Also, it's sorta funny how this thread was turned into the new "Betting lines were strange and bets were voided for So&So" thread. Someday, someone less lazy than me will make a super thread for all of our potential matchfixing discussions.
spoonmaster
Profile Joined May 2012
United States347 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-11 15:45:55
May 11 2015 15:45 GMT
#187
On May 12 2015 00:30 Blargh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2015 00:18 spoonmaster wrote:
I don't think B4 could even ever win against Bomber even if he wasn't "throwing".

Watch the vod, the dude looked nervous as hell, shaking, before his game against Bomber. He knew he was outclassed and it just showed in the game when he went on tilt. He's like 0-6 in Proleague and literally never stood a chance. If I had the capital I too would've dropped a max limit bet on Bomber b/c I knew it was a 95% win when opening odds were at at like 82% .

Maybe those are reasons why it was matchfixing! He should be comfortable with losing now, and something like throwing a televised game was a lot of pressure. It's like when MK was playing against Byul. But who knows! These betting lines are getting to be so common with Prime.


Under that same logic, Liquid'HerO should stop having huge emotional cave-ins when he drops a map because he's been losing for years now. I'm not denying anything happening, but I'm just saying that Bomber was the better player and the better player won. As a better in my mind, B4 never really stood a chance even.
DJHelium
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden13480 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-11 16:03:25
May 11 2015 16:02 GMT
#188
On May 12 2015 00:45 spoonmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2015 00:30 Blargh wrote:
On May 12 2015 00:18 spoonmaster wrote:
I don't think B4 could even ever win against Bomber even if he wasn't "throwing".

Watch the vod, the dude looked nervous as hell, shaking, before his game against Bomber. He knew he was outclassed and it just showed in the game when he went on tilt. He's like 0-6 in Proleague and literally never stood a chance. If I had the capital I too would've dropped a max limit bet on Bomber b/c I knew it was a 95% win when opening odds were at at like 82% .

Maybe those are reasons why it was matchfixing! He should be comfortable with losing now, and something like throwing a televised game was a lot of pressure. It's like when MK was playing against Byul. But who knows! These betting lines are getting to be so common with Prime.


Under that same logic, Liquid'HerO should stop having huge emotional cave-ins when he drops a map because he's been losing for years now. I'm not denying anything happening, but I'm just saying that Bomber was the better player and the better player won. As a better in my mind, B4 never really stood a chance even.


Would you say the same about Zoun, PenguiN, Neige and/or Dynamite? All players Bomber have lost to past 6 months. Would you say the same of Hydra vs Morrow? Tangtang vs Zest?

Upsets do happen, that's why it's not profitable to always bet on the favorite.

Even if they did get the betting lines wrong, shutting down the bet like this probably (has done so in the other cases of match fixing) means that someone bet A LOT of money moments before betting closes. Unless you are CERTAIN that Bomber will win, it's a sure way to lose money.

In pro league, I don't think any player is over a 4-1 favourite.
#1 player in the world atm: J-god | Follow me on twitter! @DJHelium
maGicc
Profile Joined March 2015
Finland134 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-11 16:08:57
May 11 2015 16:08 GMT
#189
Well if someone clearly states that Bomber is 95-100% in a bo1 against Bboong i am not even sure he is worth arguing with.
He is obviosly does not care about the objective reality and statistics.
Swoopae
Profile Joined January 2015
Australia339 Posts
May 11 2015 16:26 GMT
#190
Just watched the series. I mentioned in the 2p2 thread that the Bomber steam was big early on Bomber over B4, but that in itself isn't much as it had only moved to -340 or something, I did say that if it headed towards -750 or higher then i'd be very suspicious

Does anyone know where the line closed when it was voided? Anything higher than -700 is really bad/suspicious in a bo1; objectively Bomber is something like a -280 to -350 favourite in a bo1 vs B4; anything higher than -500 is very suspicious and anything higher than -800 is pretty conclusive

maGicc
Profile Joined March 2015
Finland134 Posts
May 11 2015 16:30 GMT
#191
Nitrogensports canceled the Yoda-Myungsik and Drg-Creator matches as well.
Swoopae
Profile Joined January 2015
Australia339 Posts
May 11 2015 16:35 GMT
#192
On May 12 2015 00:00 Doodsmack wrote:
I haven't watched the games in question but forgetting baneling speed is not evidence by itself of a thrown match.


It's not at all; but he also didn't get any ground upgrades.

Match looked plausible (I watched it without knowing it was voided as I didn't want to spoil myself since I had a bet on Sbenu) but B4 made some really questionable decisions that made it unwinnable for him

Apparently a lot of steam came in on Myungsik as well against Yoda; Yoda was something like +130 originally and was at +254 before the match and we had the Yoda vs Bunny incident a while ago. Not conclusive, but suspicious.

They voided the Sbenu vs Prime line as well which may be a first; I remember that when the San vs Dark void happened I had a bet on Startale +1.5 games which wasn't voided. If they suspect more than one match was thrown by Prime though I can't really complain even though I actually had a pretty big bet on this one.

Kespa need to address this properly at this point; this is an absolute joke that voids are happening nearly every week.
Swoopae
Profile Joined January 2015
Australia339 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-11 16:41:24
May 11 2015 16:37 GMT
#193
On May 12 2015 01:30 maGicc wrote:
Nitrogensports canceled the Yoda-Myungsik and Drg-Creator matches as well.


I assume Pinnacle did too; will tweet at them for clarification, they cancelled my Sbenu vs Prime bet and I think that may be the first time the actual team vs team bet has ever been cancelled. I tweeted at them asking some questions; hopefully we get some responses soon.
maGicc
Profile Joined March 2015
Finland134 Posts
May 11 2015 17:26 GMT
#194


Lost all the remaining respect. I guess he is really worrying about what matchfixing scandal can do to his job in Korea.
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
May 11 2015 17:38 GMT
#195
On May 12 2015 02:26 maGicc wrote:
https://twitter.com/proxywolf/status/597780727879442432

Lost all the remaining respect. I guess he is really worrying about what matchfixing scandal can do to his job in Korea.

Or he is just very naive. Combined with some ostrichism.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18752 Posts
May 11 2015 17:38 GMT
#196
On May 12 2015 02:26 maGicc wrote:
https://twitter.com/proxywolf/status/597780727879442432

Lost all the remaining respect. I guess he is really worrying about what matchfixing scandal can do to his job in Korea.


That SC2 is considered a sport in Korea is already proof enough omg....
That's literally the worst post Wolf could have ever posted
maGicc
Profile Joined March 2015
Finland134 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-11 17:44:11
May 11 2015 17:43 GMT
#197
On May 12 2015 02:38 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2015 02:26 maGicc wrote:
https://twitter.com/proxywolf/status/597780727879442432

Lost all the remaining respect. I guess he is really worrying about what matchfixing scandal can do to his job in Korea.

Or he is just very naive. Combined with some ostrichism.


I dont think so, i cant imagine he would try to deny that matchfixing is happening in a private convertation. He is not that naive or foolish. This post just reeks of public damage control bullshit that he himself does not believe in.

Pretty sad how he threats community as a bunch of mindless sheeps. First saying "we should all forget about it" on Proleague stream (regarding MKP's throw) and now this.
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
May 11 2015 17:46 GMT
#198
People listen to Wolf? lol.

It's not like he can say anything else if he wants to keep his job lets be real here.
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
May 11 2015 17:51 GMT
#199
On May 12 2015 02:43 maGicc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2015 02:38 Penev wrote:
On May 12 2015 02:26 maGicc wrote:
https://twitter.com/proxywolf/status/597780727879442432

Lost all the remaining respect. I guess he is really worrying about what matchfixing scandal can do to his job in Korea.

Or he is just very naive. Combined with some ostrichism.


I dont think so, i cant imagine he would try to deny that matchfixing is happening in a private convertation. He is not that naive or foolish. This post just reeks of public damage control bullshit that he himself does not believe in.

Pretty sad how he threats community as a bunch of mindless sheeps. First saying "we should all forget about it" on Proleague stream (regarding MKP's throw) and now this.

That was really bad indeed, the worst thing you could possibly say in a situation like this even. Makes me think he is actually not the most "cunning" individual. Oh well, doesn't really matter I guess; We just need KeSPA finish their investigation. I'm a bit skeptic about said investigation though :/
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Swoopae
Profile Joined January 2015
Australia339 Posts
May 11 2015 17:54 GMT
#200
[image loading]
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 38
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1156
Shuttle 1002
Mini 812
Soma 626
actioN 474
Rush 378
Light 346
Larva 314
BeSt 235
Stork 217
[ Show more ]
Snow 161
hero 135
firebathero 117
Aegong 70
Zeus 65
Barracks 64
Liquid`Ret 58
Sexy 31
Shinee 28
Shine 28
JYJ 27
soO 26
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
Trap 17
sorry 16
zelot 14
Terrorterran 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7929
qojqva2376
Dendi900
420jenkins167
Counter-Strike
fl0m1243
Fnx 766
x6flipin588
pashabiceps514
ceh9379
edward59
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5498
Grubby2738
Liquid`Hasu65
Other Games
singsing1488
byalli450
Beastyqt346
Khaldor220
DeMusliM163
Liquid`VortiX156
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS113
Trikslyr59
BRAT_OK 57
TKL 43
Railgan3
C9.Mang00
B2W.Neo0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV276
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH275
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile131
• Reevou 4
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• blackmanpl 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV417
League of Legends
• Nemesis2626
• TFBlade758
Other Games
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 23m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.