• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:28
CEST 13:28
KST 20:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8024 users

Revised Featured Stream Requirements for 2015 - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
602 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 31 Next All
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
March 20 2015 22:01 GMT
#441
On March 21 2015 05:58 Gamegene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 04:23 ozyy wrote:
Damn, I remember when best sc2 streamers had like 11k viewers, now there is not even close to 2k, hell if some caster got 1k, it is something amazing. even turnamets like zotac had more than 1k easly. this game went so deep down it is sad.

even if somebody dosn't like it, it's still truth. numbers are not lying.


back then 2k-2k was even more amazing because twitch's ecosystem of viewers was a lot smaller
it's worse when you consider relative to other games on twitch, SC2 had a much larger chunk of the pie and the chat activity.


You really have to specificy "back then". Because when I think of "back then", I think of Starcraft II sitting at 3k viewers and being #1 on Twitch with that.

After that its pretty much identical to right now, with Starcraft II being solid middle at 5k - 10kish.
Coypirus
Profile Joined February 2015
119 Posts
March 21 2015 02:38 GMT
#442
Honestly, I don't understand what the deal is with all the drama.
Winter is:
1) Masters-GM player
2) Entertaining
3) Educational

If anything, him having large amounts of viewers is good for Starcraft. If a new user goes to a starcraft stream they have a higher chance of going to his stream instead of a boring one or a korean one where they don't understand anything. Honestly, it's really disheartening to see so many people, including some of my favorite players, just join in and bash him. Remember, this is his LIVING. This is how he survives! And he does it better than most streamers, so why shouldn't he be at the top?
lolmlg
Profile Joined November 2011
619 Posts
March 21 2015 03:40 GMT
#443
On March 21 2015 11:38 Coypirus wrote:
Honestly, I don't understand what the deal is with all the drama.
Winter is:
1) Masters-GM player
2) Entertaining
3) Educational

If anything, him having large amounts of viewers is good for Starcraft. If a new user goes to a starcraft stream they have a higher chance of going to his stream instead of a boring one or a korean one where they don't understand anything. Honestly, it's really disheartening to see so many people, including some of my favorite players, just join in and bash him. Remember, this is his LIVING. This is how he survives! And he does it better than most streamers, so why shouldn't he be at the top?

Because they aren't really viewers and him being at the top is a fruity illusion. If his stream was that good then the only thing preventing him from achieving the #1 spot honestly was a lack of patience.

Also it's probably been said many times already but most people seem to agree that the quality of his stream declined pretty steadily the more popular he appeared to become.
ozyy
Profile Joined May 2011
8 Posts
March 21 2015 06:58 GMT
#444
On March 21 2015 04:45 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 04:31 ozyy wrote:
On March 21 2015 04:24 KeksX wrote:
On March 21 2015 04:23 ozyy wrote:
Damn, I remember when best sc2 streamers had like 11k viewers, now there is not even close to 2k, hell if some caster got 1k, it is something amazing. even turnamets like zotac had more than 1k easly. this game went so deep down it is sad.

even if somebody dosn't like it, it's still truth. numbers are not lying.



What stream that wasn't some kind of novelty stream ever had 11k for SC2?


idra, koreans players, tl players, believe there were such streamers who were 11k or close to that number. well known players had easly 2k like tlo, liquid hero and now? check right table and answer yourself.


I'm pretty sure IdrA never had 11k often, he and Stephano always peaked at like 8k after a drama. Korean streamers sometimes hit 10k+ and averaged on 5k like JaeDong but it was always a novelty seeing them streaming.

TLO could easily pull 2k now if he wanted to, even Moonglade pulled 1.3k today. [No offense to Moonglade he's a great streamer]


I think you're just nostalgic for some reason. Use the waybackmachine and pick any day of 2012~2014, you'll see that SC2 always was inbetween 3k and 9k [if there was nothing special going on], currently we're at 6k with nothing special going on either.


Idra at his best had 15k or more. 11k was when sc2 started to fall down and then it was worse and worse. I do watch numbers closely, that's my thing and I know what I am talking about. How many sc2 streamers have over 1k per day? not many. Back then players like Dimaga or kas 1k-2k. TLO or White-ra 2k-4k. MouzMana - 2k. Demuslim same thing for quite time, it wasn't just novelty.
Normaly I would write dead game but Lotv is coming and Kespa made a move in Korea so I do have hope it will be better.
Cazimirbzh
Profile Joined February 2014
334 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-21 13:14:26
March 21 2015 13:12 GMT
#445
On March 21 2015 11:38 Coypirus wrote:
Honestly, I don't understand what the deal is with all the drama.
Winter is:
1) Masters-GM player
2) Entertaining
3) Educational

If anything, him having large amounts of viewers is good for Starcraft. If a new user goes to a starcraft stream they have a higher chance of going to his stream instead of a boring one or a korean one where they don't understand anything. Honestly, it's really disheartening to see so many people, including some of my favorite players, just join in and bash him. Remember, this is his LIVING. This is how he survives! And he does it better than most streamers, so why shouldn't he be at the top?


1) He's GM? So? GM means nothing^^
2) and 3) are entirely your opinion.

I watch only good players (and mario^^mech will rise again) because i like to see how this game is supposed to be played. I never really watched Winter because of that, he doesnt have the level required to educate and entertain me.
However as you mentioned it, for "a new user" or casual players, it might be a good experience.
It's really frustrating to see good/pro players barely reach 200 viewers when winter has 1k....because they "survive"(seriously?) also with streaming income.

BUT
the drama was about someone who had suspicious viewbot activity for a long time on his stream, won money because of his number of viewers(blizzard award) and always did nothing about this issue (and ban if u mentionned it according to a lot of pple).
At some point, repercussions were bound to happen.

My personal opinion about winter is only based on seeing him several times smurfing which is, still according to my personal opinion, the worst thing even before cheating. So...
Also if you lack social skills ( "a korean one where they don't understand anything." ) dont blame the others please.

KingDime
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada750 Posts
March 21 2015 17:08 GMT
#446
On March 21 2015 11:38 Coypirus wrote:
Honestly, I don't understand what the deal is with all the drama.
Winter is:
1) Masters-GM player
2) Entertaining
3) Educational

If anything, him having large amounts of viewers is good for Starcraft. If a new user goes to a starcraft stream they have a higher chance of going to his stream instead of a boring one or a korean one where they don't understand anything. Honestly, it's really disheartening to see so many people, including some of my favorite players, just join in and bash him. Remember, this is his LIVING. This is how he survives! And he does it better than most streamers, so why shouldn't he be at the top?


The bashing based on viewbots (If true) is completely justified as it is an unfair method to boost yourself on twitch. You get a huge influx of viewers by sitting higher up on twitch and in the case of SC2 you get the added benefit of being seen if people click on SC2 to find streams as well. Really couldn't care less if it's his living or not.

On the other hand, I don't quite understand why people are so surprised that a non-pro player could acquire a huge fanbase. (Btw, Desrow and Maximusblack have the most viewers for the featured TL SC2 streams at the moment.). Hell, take a look at most top twitch streams nowadays, emote spam, constant commentary, massive hugbox chat communities etc. Winter just simply used that in conjunction with an SC2 stream.
Doom Guy
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
March 21 2015 19:05 GMT
#447
On March 21 2015 11:38 Coypirus wrote:
Honestly, I don't understand what the deal is with all the drama.
Winter is:
1) Masters-GM player
2) Entertaining
3) Educational

If anything, him having large amounts of viewers is good for Starcraft. If a new user goes to a starcraft stream they have a higher chance of going to his stream instead of a boring one or a korean one where they don't understand anything. Honestly, it's really disheartening to see so many people, including some of my favorite players, just join in and bash him. Remember, this is his LIVING. This is how he survives! And he does it better than most streamers, so why shouldn't he be at the top?


What is there to not understand? Twitch doesn't have an effective means to determine whose content is better than others. At the moment, there method is to use views. If Winter's content was genuinely better than most streamers, then he wouldn't need to use viewbots to inflate his numbers. However, with Twitch its easy to create an illusion that his content is better.

And its your subjective opinion he is entertaining, educational, and better than most streamers. When I watch his stream, I find he is neither any of those.

As well, I don't care if this is his living. If it was his living, he would put in the effort to make his product/content better. He wouldn't try to scam his way into making a living.

To answer your last question, he shouldn't be at the top because he doesn't genuinely deserve it. Maybe in your opinion he deserves it, but for all we know you are Winter that created a new TL account because the only solution you understand is trickery.

Winter, if you are reading this comment, please understand we aren't trying to bash you. We aren't haters that want to take you down.

We are your potential audience, and if you really want to capture our attention, you need to create better content without the need to abuse view bots.

The problem is now your potential audience (us) are sceptical of your content. During your artificial rise on Twitch, I gave your stream a chance. I watched you play some games for about 15 minutes. I left because the quality of your content was not great. I can give you a list of feedback, but this isn't the appropriate channel for feedback.

It is not my intention to make you upset, only to give my opinion. Please take it for what its worth.
dsousa
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1363 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-21 19:14:31
March 21 2015 19:11 GMT
#448
At times Starcraft isn't even in the top 20 games on twitch since Winter went on hiatus.

He has over 600 subscribers and at least 1000 real viewers all the time.

He's put more work into his stream than any other SC2 player.

He has real passion, maybe for SC2, maybe for personal success.

Lets crucify him. Suck him back in then pull the rug out again? He is the enemy!

Its SC2, we kill our young!
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
March 21 2015 19:14 GMT
#449
On March 21 2015 15:58 ozyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 04:45 KeksX wrote:
On March 21 2015 04:31 ozyy wrote:
On March 21 2015 04:24 KeksX wrote:
On March 21 2015 04:23 ozyy wrote:
Damn, I remember when best sc2 streamers had like 11k viewers, now there is not even close to 2k, hell if some caster got 1k, it is something amazing. even turnamets like zotac had more than 1k easly. this game went so deep down it is sad.

even if somebody dosn't like it, it's still truth. numbers are not lying.



What stream that wasn't some kind of novelty stream ever had 11k for SC2?


idra, koreans players, tl players, believe there were such streamers who were 11k or close to that number. well known players had easly 2k like tlo, liquid hero and now? check right table and answer yourself.


I'm pretty sure IdrA never had 11k often, he and Stephano always peaked at like 8k after a drama. Korean streamers sometimes hit 10k+ and averaged on 5k like JaeDong but it was always a novelty seeing them streaming.

TLO could easily pull 2k now if he wanted to, even Moonglade pulled 1.3k today. [No offense to Moonglade he's a great streamer]


I think you're just nostalgic for some reason. Use the waybackmachine and pick any day of 2012~2014, you'll see that SC2 always was inbetween 3k and 9k [if there was nothing special going on], currently we're at 6k with nothing special going on either.


Idra at his best had 15k or more.



[Citation needed] I really don't believe that
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
March 21 2015 19:31 GMT
#450
On March 22 2015 04:11 dsousa wrote:
At times Starcraft isn't even in the top 20 games on twitch since Winter went on hiatus.

He has over 600 subscribers and at least 1000 real viewers all the time.

He's put more work into his stream than any other SC2 player.

He has real passion, maybe for SC2, maybe for personal success.

Lets crucify him. Suck him back in then pull the rug out again? He is the enemy!

Its SC2, we kill our young!

Lol I assume your comment is satire, but I would like to reply seriously.

He has put in a lot of work, and I am not doubting it. To make a living being a streamer is difficult (as in all careers). I commend him for trying, but he chose the wrong route and did not own up to it.

I don't want to crucify him, but I do want him to keep trying. I just want him to understand the nature of content on the internet.
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
March 21 2015 19:39 GMT
#451
maximus black has more views than ret and huk combined. wow
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
March 21 2015 19:44 GMT
#452
On March 22 2015 04:39 tshi wrote:
maximus black has more views than ret and huk combined. wow

he is casting a tournament.
dsousa
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1363 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-21 19:54:28
March 21 2015 19:48 GMT
#453
On March 22 2015 04:31 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2015 04:11 dsousa wrote:
At times Starcraft isn't even in the top 20 games on twitch since Winter went on hiatus.

He has over 600 subscribers and at least 1000 real viewers all the time.

He's put more work into his stream than any other SC2 player.

He has real passion, maybe for SC2, maybe for personal success.

Lets crucify him. Suck him back in then pull the rug out again? He is the enemy!

Its SC2, we kill our young!

Lol I assume your comment is satire, but I would like to reply seriously.

He has put in a lot of work, and I am not doubting it. To make a living being a streamer is difficult (as in all careers). I commend him for trying, but he chose the wrong route and did not own up to it.

I don't want to crucify him, but I do want him to keep trying. I just want him to understand the nature of content on the internet.


Understood. Clearly he needs to be educated on the nature of content on the internet. We all do really.

I'm glad TL got involved with this. The matchfixing in PL stuff was so "inside baseball" and involved math, deciding to officially go after Winter is a much more fulfilling witch hunt.

Matchfixing doesn't hurt SC2..... pretending our measily viewer count is higher than it is is whats killing SC2!

We've really saved the shit out of ESPORTS!


User was temp banned for this post.
Spect8rCraft
Profile Joined December 2012
649 Posts
March 21 2015 20:05 GMT
#454
On March 22 2015 04:48 dsousa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2015 04:31 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
On March 22 2015 04:11 dsousa wrote:
At times Starcraft isn't even in the top 20 games on twitch since Winter went on hiatus.

He has over 600 subscribers and at least 1000 real viewers all the time.

He's put more work into his stream than any other SC2 player.

He has real passion, maybe for SC2, maybe for personal success.

Lets crucify him. Suck him back in then pull the rug out again? He is the enemy!

Its SC2, we kill our young!

Lol I assume your comment is satire, but I would like to reply seriously.

He has put in a lot of work, and I am not doubting it. To make a living being a streamer is difficult (as in all careers). I commend him for trying, but he chose the wrong route and did not own up to it.

I don't want to crucify him, but I do want him to keep trying. I just want him to understand the nature of content on the internet.


Understood. Clearly he needs to be educated on the nature of content on the internet. We all do really.

I'm glad TL got involved with this. The matchfixing in PL stuff was so "inside baseball" and involved math, deciding to officially go after Winter is a much more fulfilling witch hunt.

Matchfixing doesn't hurt SC2..... pretending our measily viewer count is higher than it is is whats killing SC2!

We've really saved the shit out of ESPORTS!


I'm not sure what you want TL to do. They don't have access to proleague data on a live or proprietary basis that could allow them to actively seek out matchfixing or illegal gambling machinations with any level of confirmation. Much of the tournament scene is really out of their hands, beyond live reports and hosts posting their tournaments on their own whim. TL does, however, have access to their own livestream featured list. And as that is proprietary to themselves, they have the right to feature or defeature streamers as seem fit.

It is up to you to make toxic sarcasm through the twisting of another commenter's words. Although I don't think that is saving esports either.
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-21 22:09:06
March 21 2015 21:42 GMT
#455
Spect8rCraft, don't bother replying to someone that constantly gets temp banned. Dsousa was never someone to have a serious discussion. I only replied to him because I want to get my point across.

This is not a witch hunt against Winter. Other commenters might believe it is, but I am not grabbing my pitchfork. Don't get me wrong, if I believe a witch hunt is necessary I will encourage others to do the same.

I am trying to provide feedback to Winter. During the last year that I saw his stream views rise, I had suspicions over his use of viewbots. I had no evidence, so I gave him a chance and watched his stream maybe half a dozen times.

Now that evidence was revealed that there is a likely chance Winter did employ viewbots, I feel upset that he received many benefits that he did not deserve, which could have gone to other streamers. Taking those opportunities from other legit streamers makes me upset. Rifkin or Madals deserved a spot on HSC; Winter should not have been invited.

I am upset, but I don't blame him for his actions. The competition on Twitch is incredible, as is all endeavours on the Internet. For him to abuse viewbots is only expected, and I don't think he is the only streamer to cheat his way to +10k viewers. Its incredibly tempting to take the easy way out.

Another problem is the trust the sponsors have to other SC2 streamers. Nvidia took a huge chance giving a personal sponsorship to Winter. He fucked it up, and lost that sponsorship. The question remains, will Nvidia give another SC2 streamer a chance?
Cazimirbzh
Profile Joined February 2014
334 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-21 22:28:58
March 21 2015 22:15 GMT
#456
On March 22 2015 04:11 dsousa wrote:
At times Starcraft isn't even in the top 20 games on twitch since Winter went on hiatus.

He has over 600 subscribers and at least 1000 real viewers all the time.

He's put more work into his stream than any other SC2 player.

He has real passion, maybe for SC2, maybe for personal success.

Lets crucify him. Suck him back in then pull the rug out again? He is the enemy!

Its SC2, we kill our young!


lmao....get real, young padawan aka foreigner. XD

i'd love to see a realityshow with winter living the life of a Bplayer.^^



On March 22 2015 06:42 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
The question remains, will Nvidia give another SC2 streamer a chance?

I hope they will because viewbot is a flaw coming from twitch not winter.

it's real sc2 drama but episode 2 will be aired in 6 months maybe sooner, winter just need to clear this with twitch and reapply, 1 clear conti awesome review and i see no reason why he should not be featured again.



Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
March 21 2015 22:41 GMT
#457
On March 22 2015 07:15 Cazimirbzh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2015 06:42 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
The question remains, will Nvidia give another SC2 streamer a chance?

I hope they will because viewbot is a flaw coming from twitch not winter.

it's real sc2 drama but episode 2 will be aired in 6 months maybe sooner, winter just need to clear this with twitch and reapply, 1 clear conti awesome review and i see no reason why he should not be featured again.

It is Twitch's flaw, but it was something Winter abused. Nvidia's trust was betrayed, and I expect them to be hesitant to trust another streamer now that the flaw was exposed.

We will see what Winter will try to do. His reputation is now tarnished, and he will have to work 5 times as hard to earn back the trust of the audience. If he does try, lets hope he learned from his mistakes.
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
March 21 2015 23:15 GMT
#458
On March 22 2015 04:14 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 15:58 ozyy wrote:
On March 21 2015 04:45 KeksX wrote:
On March 21 2015 04:31 ozyy wrote:
On March 21 2015 04:24 KeksX wrote:
On March 21 2015 04:23 ozyy wrote:
Damn, I remember when best sc2 streamers had like 11k viewers, now there is not even close to 2k, hell if some caster got 1k, it is something amazing. even turnamets like zotac had more than 1k easly. this game went so deep down it is sad.

even if somebody dosn't like it, it's still truth. numbers are not lying.



What stream that wasn't some kind of novelty stream ever had 11k for SC2?


idra, koreans players, tl players, believe there were such streamers who were 11k or close to that number. well known players had easly 2k like tlo, liquid hero and now? check right table and answer yourself.


I'm pretty sure IdrA never had 11k often, he and Stephano always peaked at like 8k after a drama. Korean streamers sometimes hit 10k+ and averaged on 5k like JaeDong but it was always a novelty seeing them streaming.

TLO could easily pull 2k now if he wanted to, even Moonglade pulled 1.3k today. [No offense to Moonglade he's a great streamer]


I think you're just nostalgic for some reason. Use the waybackmachine and pick any day of 2012~2014, you'll see that SC2 always was inbetween 3k and 9k [if there was nothing special going on], currently we're at 6k with nothing special going on either.


Idra at his best had 15k or more.



[Citation needed] I really don't believe that


Just as a random poster in this thread at this point I will jump in to say that I would easily say Idra had 15k. Honestly, I always thought he peaked around 18k++ He had ~13-15k many times during the MLG days. No citation needed, just needed to be a part of the community back then @_@;; up to you if you want to 'believe' it or not though.
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
BuddhaMonk
Profile Joined August 2010
781 Posts
March 22 2015 01:49 GMT
#459
In my opinion, the few times I tuned in, it was not educational, not entertaining, and down-right boring. The best part of the stream was the dog on a loop.

It's also worth noting that until this starts to impact their brand negatively, Twitch has every financial reason to turn a blind eye (or worse) to the rampant viewbotting. Twitch can't be trusted as an arbiter for this matter.
hZCube
Profile Joined February 2012
87 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-22 12:26:27
March 22 2015 12:24 GMT
#460
Yeah, it surprises me how many people are still talking as though it's a foregone conclusion that Winter did indeed viewbot himself, despite no hard evidence to that effect (all circumstantial). I hope someday people summary judgement you with such short thrift, and you are given an opportunity to prove yourself innocent, despite knowing that such proof cannot exist.

Must be fun for him :/

Innocent until proven guilty. It's such a basic concept, I'm just surprised so many people can disregard it so completely, as to believe that it doesn't apply in some cases, of their choosing.

This is why we can crucify guilty people, in some cases, actually kill them. Because we understand that once proven guilty, there is no doubt. Until then, it's a lynchmob out to hunt an outsider.

Fact is, several vocal people have always disliked Winter, stemming as far as I can see from his origins. He didn't cut his teeth as a pro gamer in tournaments, so he's not allowed to join the boys club. People citing Idra as a pin up from time gone past.. Are you serious? Idra was a horrible horrible person and example of how to be an ass online. Yes, he got viewers, but then again so did a certain video featuring some girls and a cup. It's not good content, it's shocking, and pleases the angsty raging teenagers who thrive on that drama.

People say Winter didn't have a quality broadcast, and should of put time into increasing that. I can only assume you haven't watched his broadcast then. His overlay, setup, is second to none in sc2. His format is great, his viewer interaction is good, often they get to pick what he's doing. But no, he didn't get a green screen, didn't setup interactive games, didn't craft a slick looking UI with tons of helpful tips and links, and didn't reach GM, legitimately, on ladder. Oh, wait, yes he did.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like something suspicious might of happened early doors, heck, I'm a business man, shit happens in the real world. Sadly, we'll probably never know for sure what happened. And we'll probably not know what's currently happening either.

Simply put, as I've said before, in the current technical situation, viewers is a horribly corrupt metric to use to measure a channels success, as proven here. Subscribers is a harder metric to fake. Why not use that?
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ClassicLIVE!
ByuN vs Shameless
CranKy Ducklings153
SHIN 73
CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 290
ByuN 279
OGKoka 253
SHIN 73
MindelVK 22
Railgan 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68248
Calm 10798
Rain 2666
soO 981
Bisu 837
FanTaSy 788
BeSt 621
Stork 401
Soulkey 295
Rush 291
[ Show more ]
Soma 229
firebathero 203
Last 140
Snow 134
Mind 100
Light 80
Pusan 77
ToSsGirL 65
Shinee 47
hero 45
Trap 38
Free 37
Killer 31
Mong 29
Bale 29
Sexy 29
Sea.KH 29
Hm[arnc] 28
Sharp 24
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
sorry 15
Shine 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shuttle 1
Dota 2
Gorgc6784
League of Legends
Reynor100
Counter-Strike
x6flipin709
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
gofns37074
singsing2218
byalli655
Pyrionflax237
B2W.Neo117
Chillindude12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 102
• Gemini_19 8
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV537
League of Legends
• Jankos3089
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 32m
OSC
11h 32m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.