• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:13
CEST 03:13
KST 10:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9989 users

New WCS Premier Groups and Dates Announced - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
206 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
January 27 2015 23:52 GMT
#81
On January 28 2015 08:46 Thax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 08:43 sharkie wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:40 Thax wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:38 sharkie wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:36 Thax wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:21 boxerfred wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:03 SuperHofmann wrote:




I'm sad

while i get his point, i think you can't commit to both fully, so he has to get his priorities straight.


I agree. At a certain point they have to stop taking everyone's preferences into account and just get on with things. If you know up front that you can't travel to a place and also know up front that there's a 50/50 chance that *have* to travel to that place for the tournament, I feel you maybe should've taken that into account in your decision to participate at all. It's not like any of this is a surprise. It's the same choice the Asian, Australian, and SA guys have, either travel or don't compete.

That being said, I think all the practical things could've been decided a heck of a lot sooner, so players get more of a chance to organize their life around WCS is they decide to participate in it.


Suppy isn't going to lose anything by forfeiting. He gets his 4.5k. And WCS has suddenly a three man group, less viewers, less streamtime.

This only hurts one side and its not the player's side


Then why is he complaining? Don't be disingenuous. Also, there's the option of replacing drop outs.


Ehh if I were in the players' position I'd handle this exactly like ESL did. Notify of dropping out a few hours before the actual match.
Give them a taste of their own medicine.


Now who's being unprofessional and disappointing viewers? I also fail to see how ESL did anything "a few hours before the match".


Probably just referencing how rushed and disorganized this entire WCS season feels. It's like they're doing everything last minute.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18760 Posts
January 27 2015 23:54 GMT
#82
On January 28 2015 08:46 Thax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 08:43 sharkie wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:40 Thax wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:38 sharkie wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:36 Thax wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:21 boxerfred wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:03 SuperHofmann wrote:
https://twitter.com/EGSuppy/status/560209759778144257

https://twitter.com/EGSuppy/status/560210053211619328

I'm sad

while i get his point, i think you can't commit to both fully, so he has to get his priorities straight.


I agree. At a certain point they have to stop taking everyone's preferences into account and just get on with things. If you know up front that you can't travel to a place and also know up front that there's a 50/50 chance that *have* to travel to that place for the tournament, I feel you maybe should've taken that into account in your decision to participate at all. It's not like any of this is a surprise. It's the same choice the Asian, Australian, and SA guys have, either travel or don't compete.

That being said, I think all the practical things could've been decided a heck of a lot sooner, so players get more of a chance to organize their life around WCS is they decide to participate in it.


Suppy isn't going to lose anything by forfeiting. He gets his 4.5k. And WCS has suddenly a three man group, less viewers, less streamtime.

This only hurts one side and its not the player's side


Then why is he complaining? Don't be disingenuous. Also, there's the option of replacing drop outs.


Ehh if I were in the players' position I'd handle this exactly like ESL did. Notify of dropping out a few hours before the actual match.
Give them a taste of their own medicine.


Now who's being unprofessional and disappointing viewers? I also fail to see how ESL did anything "a few hours before the match".


It wasn't to be taken literally. I am just honestly so disappointed how they work on this tournament. It's a disgrace of the esports scene.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
January 27 2015 23:54 GMT
#83
On January 28 2015 08:51 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 08:40 Boucot wrote:
While I understand Suppy's frustration, I think players should not be allowed to choose where they want to play, at all. WCS is the most professional SC2 western league in the world, it's not ESL's role to adapt to school schedules. The only issue they should handle is visas, that's all.


Agree 100%.


which is still hilarious regarding kane situation.
Zest fanboy.
Thax
Profile Joined July 2014
Belgium1060 Posts
January 27 2015 23:54 GMT
#84
On January 28 2015 08:52 Rehio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 08:46 Thax wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:43 sharkie wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:40 Thax wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:38 sharkie wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:36 Thax wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:21 boxerfred wrote:
On January 28 2015 08:03 SuperHofmann wrote:
https://twitter.com/EGSuppy/status/560209759778144257

https://twitter.com/EGSuppy/status/560210053211619328

I'm sad

while i get his point, i think you can't commit to both fully, so he has to get his priorities straight.


I agree. At a certain point they have to stop taking everyone's preferences into account and just get on with things. If you know up front that you can't travel to a place and also know up front that there's a 50/50 chance that *have* to travel to that place for the tournament, I feel you maybe should've taken that into account in your decision to participate at all. It's not like any of this is a surprise. It's the same choice the Asian, Australian, and SA guys have, either travel or don't compete.

That being said, I think all the practical things could've been decided a heck of a lot sooner, so players get more of a chance to organize their life around WCS is they decide to participate in it.


Suppy isn't going to lose anything by forfeiting. He gets his 4.5k. And WCS has suddenly a three man group, less viewers, less streamtime.

This only hurts one side and its not the player's side


Then why is he complaining? Don't be disingenuous. Also, there's the option of replacing drop outs.


Ehh if I were in the players' position I'd handle this exactly like ESL did. Notify of dropping out a few hours before the actual match.
Give them a taste of their own medicine.


Now who's being unprofessional and disappointing viewers? I also fail to see how ESL did anything "a few hours before the match".


Probably just referencing how rushed and disorganized this entire WCS season feels. It's like they're doing everything last minute.


That I do agree with.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
January 27 2015 23:58 GMT
#85
Iaguz must enjoy this new draw very much
No will to live, no wish to die
ReaperSC2
Profile Joined September 2013
Finland18 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-28 00:05:28
January 28 2015 00:02 GMT
#86
God I am so pissed at these groups... All my favorites have been chucked into two groups and all the Korean farmers except for Violet get piss-easy groups with a free ticket to ro16... Yuck.
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
January 28 2015 00:25 GMT
#87
On January 28 2015 08:40 Boucot wrote:
While I understand Suppy's frustration, I think players should not be allowed to choose where they want to play, at all. WCS is the most professional SC2 western league in the world, it's not ESL's role to adapt to school schedules. The only issue they should handle is visas, that's all.

100% this
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
January 28 2015 00:32 GMT
#88
Lots of TL players and in separate groups. It's perfect.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
elfonse
Profile Joined March 2011
416 Posts
January 28 2015 00:50 GMT
#89
Real question is will major show up
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
January 28 2015 00:50 GMT
#90
On January 28 2015 09:32 BisuDagger wrote:
Lots of TL players and in separate groups. It's perfect.


spoiler : They all lose
RIP MKP
ivancype
Profile Joined December 2012
Brazil485 Posts
January 28 2015 00:53 GMT
#91
If you enter the competition you should accept the fact that there is a chance to play in Germany or US. Yes, someone made a mistake in the first draw, ESL had to correct it and they did.

Suppy is essentially complaining he run out of luck. Because that is how he got to play in US in the first draw, luck.
The other race is OP
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-28 01:00:12
January 28 2015 00:58 GMT
#92
On January 28 2015 09:53 ivancype wrote:
If you enter the competition you should accept the fact that there is a chance to play in Germany or US. Yes, someone made a mistake in the first draw, ESL had to correct it and they did.

Suppy is essentially complaining he run out of luck. Because that is how he got to play in US in the first draw, luck.

I'm complaining because I requested NA before premier was drawn and they told me they'd try their best. I was then told that I was to play in the US studio which I was ecstatic about. Then, because someone made a mistake, they redrew and made me in EU instead. That is a mistake I had absolutely nothing to do with but now I might not be able to play at all. With WCS this year I wasn't even aware that there would be two studios until after my challenger match. Even if it was luck that I drew the U.S. studio the first time I shouldn't have to lose that because someone else made a mistake.
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
January 28 2015 01:00 GMT
#93
On January 28 2015 09:32 BisuDagger wrote:
Lots of TL players and in separate groups. It's perfect.

MaNa & Bunny in group B ^^
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
January 28 2015 01:05 GMT
#94
On January 28 2015 09:58 Superiorwolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 09:53 ivancype wrote:
If you enter the competition you should accept the fact that there is a chance to play in Germany or US. Yes, someone made a mistake in the first draw, ESL had to correct it and they did.

Suppy is essentially complaining he run out of luck. Because that is how he got to play in US in the first draw, luck.

I'm complaining because I requested NA before premier was drawn and they told me they'd try their best. I was then told that I was to play in the US studio which I was ecstatic about. Then, because someone made a mistake, they redrew and made me in EU instead. That is a mistake I had absolutely nothing to do with but now I might not be able to play at all. With WCS this year I wasn't even aware that there would be two studios until after my challenger match. Even if it was luck that I drew the U.S. studio the first time I shouldn't have to lose that because someone else made a mistake.

How do you explain that a random SC2 viewer like me was aware of that and not you ?
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
January 28 2015 01:05 GMT
#95
When they will publish dates?
Wijnruit
Profile Joined October 2014
Brazil294 Posts
January 28 2015 01:05 GMT
#96
Group A: (T)Happy, (Z)Kane
Group B: (T)Bunny, (P)MaNa
Group C: (T)Polt, (P)Jim
Group D: (T)ForGG, (Z)Sen
Group E: (Z)Snute, (T)uThermal
Group F: (Z)Hydra, (T)MorroW
Group G: (P)NaNiwa, (P)Has
Group H: (P)Welmu, (T)iaguz
90ti
Profile Joined August 2010
United States100 Posts
January 28 2015 01:11 GMT
#97
On January 28 2015 09:58 Superiorwolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 09:53 ivancype wrote:
If you enter the competition you should accept the fact that there is a chance to play in Germany or US. Yes, someone made a mistake in the first draw, ESL had to correct it and they did.

Suppy is essentially complaining he run out of luck. Because that is how he got to play in US in the first draw, luck.

I'm complaining because I requested NA before premier was drawn and they told me they'd try their best. I was then told that I was to play in the US studio which I was ecstatic about. Then, because someone made a mistake, they redrew and made me in EU instead. That is a mistake I had absolutely nothing to do with but now I might not be able to play at all. With WCS this year I wasn't even aware that there would be two studios until after my challenger match. Even if it was luck that I drew the U.S. studio the first time I shouldn't have to lose that because someone else made a mistake.


I hope you and Kane are able to work out something with ESL, because the whole redraw in itself was unprofessional and it appears they only considered the china players in terms of travel.
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-28 01:13:33
January 28 2015 01:12 GMT
#98
On January 28 2015 10:05 Boucot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 09:58 Superiorwolf wrote:
On January 28 2015 09:53 ivancype wrote:
If you enter the competition you should accept the fact that there is a chance to play in Germany or US. Yes, someone made a mistake in the first draw, ESL had to correct it and they did.

Suppy is essentially complaining he run out of luck. Because that is how he got to play in US in the first draw, luck.

I'm complaining because I requested NA before premier was drawn and they told me they'd try their best. I was then told that I was to play in the US studio which I was ecstatic about. Then, because someone made a mistake, they redrew and made me in EU instead. That is a mistake I had absolutely nothing to do with but now I might not be able to play at all. With WCS this year I wasn't even aware that there would be two studios until after my challenger match. Even if it was luck that I drew the U.S. studio the first time I shouldn't have to lose that because someone else made a mistake.

How do you explain that a random SC2 viewer like me was aware of that and not you ?

Well I do see it now on the WCS 2015 announcement which I must have missed previously. Of course that is my fault but when it was announced I was still relatively inactive and very busy getting back into schoolwork after a year off so I wasn't as attentive as normal.
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
January 28 2015 01:16 GMT
#99
All I can say is I hope things work out for you, Coco, no matter what comes of this.
The world is better when every background has a chance.
ivancype
Profile Joined December 2012
Brazil485 Posts
January 28 2015 01:23 GMT
#100
On January 28 2015 09:58 Superiorwolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 09:53 ivancype wrote:
If you enter the competition you should accept the fact that there is a chance to play in Germany or US. Yes, someone made a mistake in the first draw, ESL had to correct it and they did.

Suppy is essentially complaining he run out of luck. Because that is how he got to play in US in the first draw, luck.

I'm complaining because I requested NA before premier was drawn and they told me they'd try their best. I was then told that I was to play in the US studio which I was ecstatic about. Then, because someone made a mistake, they redrew and made me in EU instead. That is a mistake I had absolutely nothing to do with but now I might not be able to play at all. With WCS this year I wasn't even aware that there would be two studios until after my challenger match. Even if it was luck that I drew the U.S. studio the first time I shouldn't have to lose that because someone else made a mistake.


Blizzard announced the U.S./Germany thing the day they announced the new WCS. http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/articles/2015-starcraft-ii-world-championship-series

And I am sorry Suppy, after all these broken promises you have good reason to be sad and angry, but i still think what I said is valid. Hope this situation is fixed and you are able to play and I will cheer for you then.
The other race is OP
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta44
CranKy Ducklings9
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 246
CosmosSc2 77
RuFF_SC2 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1922
GuemChi 1323
Artosis 637
910 46
Bale 20
MaD[AoV]20
Dota 2
monkeys_forever405
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 891
Counter-Strike
taco 341
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Other Games
summit1g9000
Day[9].tv742
shahzam679
C9.Mang0329
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick784
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• Hinosc 6
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv742
• Shiphtur476
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 47m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.