• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:30
CEST 03:30
KST 10:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7574 users

GSL Low quality Non-sub - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
654 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 33 Next All
SharkStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
Austria2275 Posts
January 09 2015 23:56 GMT
#301
i miss gomtv.net, the gom player, all that good stuff...
Cogito, ergo Toss
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
January 10 2015 00:08 GMT
#302
On January 10 2015 08:56 SharkStarcraft wrote:
i miss gomtv.net, the gom player, all that good stuff...

Me too. The old VOD system was definitely worth paying for, and honestly? Their production and stuff was a lot more worth it back when they were still GOMTV imo
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
January 10 2015 00:19 GMT
#303
I remember when everyone shit on the old GOM TV Player.

I loved it. God bless you, you orange blob player.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
January 10 2015 00:22 GMT
#304
On January 10 2015 09:19 Fionn wrote:
I remember when everyone shit on the old GOM TV Player.

I loved it. God bless you, you orange blob player.

I actually loved it, even though sometimes it wasn't working for me.

Ah nostalgia...
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
DuckloadBlackra
Profile Joined July 2011
225 Posts
January 10 2015 00:47 GMT
#305
On January 10 2015 09:22 Ramiz1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 09:19 Fionn wrote:
I remember when everyone shit on the old GOM TV Player.

I loved it. God bless you, you orange blob player.

I actually loved it, even though sometimes it wasn't working for me.

Ah nostalgia...


Yea the GOM TV Player was amazing. I really miss GSL from those days it was the best thing ever in SC2
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
January 10 2015 00:50 GMT
#306
On January 10 2015 09:47 DuckloadBlackra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 09:22 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On January 10 2015 09:19 Fionn wrote:
I remember when everyone shit on the old GOM TV Player.

I loved it. God bless you, you orange blob player.

I actually loved it, even though sometimes it wasn't working for me.

Ah nostalgia...


Yea the GOM TV Player was amazing. I really miss GSL from those days it was the best thing ever in SC2

Mhm, me watching live GSL and VODs on work even though I didn't have permission to watch streams, but fuck it, my passion was too big.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-10 00:56:58
January 10 2015 00:55 GMT
#307
On January 10 2015 09:47 DuckloadBlackra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 09:22 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On January 10 2015 09:19 Fionn wrote:
I remember when everyone shit on the old GOM TV Player.

I loved it. God bless you, you orange blob player.

I actually loved it, even though sometimes it wasn't working for me.

Ah nostalgia...


Yea the GOM TV Player was amazing. I really miss GSL from those days it was the best thing ever in SC2

I still use it for most my media...

also
[image loading]
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
January 10 2015 00:57 GMT
#308
On January 10 2015 09:47 DuckloadBlackra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 09:22 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On January 10 2015 09:19 Fionn wrote:
I remember when everyone shit on the old GOM TV Player.

I loved it. God bless you, you orange blob player.

I actually loved it, even though sometimes it wasn't working for me.

Ah nostalgia...


Yea the GOM TV Player was amazing. I really miss GSL from those days it was the best thing ever in SC2

Yeah I liked it too. I even used it a couple of times to watch some video files :D
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
January 10 2015 01:06 GMT
#309
On January 10 2015 09:55 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 09:47 DuckloadBlackra wrote:
On January 10 2015 09:22 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On January 10 2015 09:19 Fionn wrote:
I remember when everyone shit on the old GOM TV Player.

I loved it. God bless you, you orange blob player.

I actually loved it, even though sometimes it wasn't working for me.

Ah nostalgia...


Yea the GOM TV Player was amazing. I really miss GSL from those days it was the best thing ever in SC2

I still use it for most my media...

also
[image loading]

I wanted to ask Psione about the whole thing but I had a feeling that he wouldn't respond as they probably don't want anything to go public. Nice thing that they are trying to do something but will they manage to change anything is the real question.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
January 10 2015 01:07 GMT
#310
I don't mind if they were in medium quality but low quality is just terrible
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
January 10 2015 01:08 GMT
#311
On January 10 2015 09:19 Fionn wrote:
I remember when everyone shit on the old GOM TV Player.

I loved it. God bless you, you orange blob player.

Fionn! <3
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
January 10 2015 01:28 GMT
#312
Yeah i used Gomplayer all the time. I thought it was really good.

This stream quality on the other hand not so much.
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
Deleted User 261926
Profile Joined April 2012
960 Posts
January 10 2015 01:43 GMT
#313
On January 09 2015 19:08 JDI1 wrote:
Your image is just as bad as their stream. Can't read that.

Back to topic, I'm sure High was free for Group A. This is indded quite sneaky.

If you literally can't read that you must be blind.
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
January 10 2015 02:07 GMT
#314
On January 10 2015 09:55 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 09:47 DuckloadBlackra wrote:
On January 10 2015 09:22 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On January 10 2015 09:19 Fionn wrote:
I remember when everyone shit on the old GOM TV Player.

I loved it. God bless you, you orange blob player.

I actually loved it, even though sometimes it wasn't working for me.

Ah nostalgia...


Yea the GOM TV Player was amazing. I really miss GSL from those days it was the best thing ever in SC2

I still use it for most my media...

also
[image loading]


Thank you Psione!~~
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
January 10 2015 05:59 GMT
#315
how do they expect to actually build a sub base when they offer trashy service?
TL+ Member
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-10 07:11:24
January 10 2015 06:58 GMT
#316
On January 10 2015 06:21 KelsierSC wrote:
I don't think Starcraft is going to pull any more viewers in at the moment so probably makes sense from GOM's perspective to rinse what they can from the fans they have.


That is a terrible business model.

I'm 99% sure that isn't what they are doing. But if it is, then E-Sports is a joke, and we're getting taken for a ride. And we'll see the clowns running the GSL again in some other here today gone tomorrow endeavor.

On January 10 2015 08:27 TerranHwaiting wrote:

I barely watch any SC2 anymore and I bet a lot of people are the same. So I don't think they are making a lot of bank. SC2 is just no fun anymore, not even to watch, thats why the community has become so small.


I imagine that I am not alone when I wish we could go back to 2011. Just revert the game back to that point, the maps too. And instead of waiting for the maps to balance the game, let's actually fix the 4 Gate without giving Protoss a skilless F button that stops all early attacks, fix the 1-1-1 without making rush distances so huge, not add the Widow Mine into the game to replace the awesome and iconic Siege Tank, fix Vortex by making the Carrier useful instead of adding another redundant long range capital ship, not add Swarm Hosts into the game, ect...

I've been wanting to come back and play SC2, and if I do, it will probably be on the WOL ladder.

Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 10 2015 07:11 GMT
#317
I don't know to how comprehend the irony that you can watch Brood War free at higher quality that this... What even.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
January 10 2015 07:16 GMT
#318
I don't see what the fuss is all about really. Last year I paid ~$100 for the entire year, and this year it's $14x4 seasons which is $56... almost half price, unless I miscalculated somewhere. Cmon guys, they have to make their money somehow.

I do detest the current twitch vod system though. The old gomtv.net was much better.
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
F0rlorn
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada74 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-10 07:35:14
January 10 2015 07:28 GMT
#319
On January 10 2015 16:11 Antisocialmunky wrote:
I don't know to how comprehend the irony that you can watch Brood War free at higher quality that this... What even.


http://i.imgur.com/mgiBrXc.jpg


Still relevant today
tenklavir
Profile Joined November 2010
Slovakia116 Posts
January 10 2015 07:29 GMT
#320
Has nothing to do with money for me. I bought the yearly ticket for GOMTV every year, but the Twitch/Youtube VOD structure is unusable compared to GOMTV.net and especially their mobile site which I used to love watching on my tablet. Since the move, I have not subscribed...just hoping they go back some day.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
RuFF_SC2 125
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 320
Bale 13
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
Doublelift6378
JimRising 723
Counter-Strike
minikerr25
Other Games
summit1g10303
C9.Mang0337
PiLiPiLi6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1106
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP147
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 30m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 30m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 30m
Replay Cast
21h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.