• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10119 users

[Interviews] 2014 GSL Season 3 Code S Ro4 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
82 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-07 15:22:01
September 25 2014 06:14 GMT
#1
[image loading]

2014 GSL Season 3 Interviews:
Code A Qualifiers
Code A Winners
Code S Ro32 Winners
Code S Ro16 Winners
Code S Ro4 Winners
2014 GSL Season 3 Grand Finals Winner

(Z)SK Telecom T1 soO

[image loading]

Source: inven eSports

How do you feel about advancing to the semi-finals four seasons in a row?

While I was preparing for my semi-final match, I asked my teammates who they thought would win and they all said that Zest would (laughs). Honestly, even from my own perspective I thought that making the finals four seasons in a row just made no sense. But since it did come true I am really glad.

You looked rather helpless in game one and two. What did you think about them?

I was able to show off the strategies I had prepared beforehand but Zest’s responses were just too good. And since the maps were in favor of Protoss, I actually anticipated a 0-2 start.

Whenever the games went into late game, your strategies got bolder and shone through.

While I was preparing for my semi-finals match, I prepared a strategy for each and every map. As it turned out, the later maps all had great strategies that I could initiate on (laughs).

Your hatchery rush on Merry Go Round for game six was really impressive. How did you prepare for it?

A Canadian player by the ID of ROOT.CatZ recommended that strategy to me. He strongly stated that the strategy could not be blocked even if the opponent knew about it.

You still looked rather helpless all the way up to game four. Where was the turning point for you?

I got the feeling that I was going to be able to win after I won the elimination race for game five on King Sejong Station. I was able to exhibit a lot more focus from then on.

Have you been influenced by the team’s recent roster changes?

I can’t say that there were none. But rather than pay attention to that, I just focused on practicing. The end result of that choice came out good so I’m happy.

Making the finals four times in a row is impressive. But what about grabbing second place four times in a row?

I was dumbfounded when I grabbed second place two seasons in a row. But after that third season, I was put in a state of disarray. Even right now I have no idea (laughs). All I can say is that I will do best.

Every match up until the finals was a ZvP. But now that you will be facing a Terran, has you chances of grabbing the championship increased?

I want to think of it as that way also but since there seems to be something there regarding me and second place, I don’t think race is all that important (laughs).

Who do you want to face in the finals?

I want to face INnoVation. I think the finals will be more fun if I go up against him and I want to face a big name player like him.

Today was your birthday. The fans gave you lots of gifts.

I am really grateful for that. I am so glad that I was able to advance into the finals. I will continue to work hard from here on out so I hope the fans won’t hold back their support for me.

With your finals advancement you have secured 3150 WCS points and you are now ranked 11th. You’ve pretty much secured your spot for the Global Finals but how do you feel about leaving tomorrow for DH Stockholm?

When I saw the roster of players participating in DH, I thought it was going to be difficult. But as long as I can maintain my current condition then I think I am more than capable of establishing a good result.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank the fans for cheering me on. I want to thank my teammates ParalyzE and Classic, Samsung’s Hurricane, and CJ’s Hush for helping me with practice. And since it’s my birthday, I want to let my parents know that I love them.

(T)SK Telecom T1 INnoVation

[image loading]

Source: inven eSports

How do you feel about advancing to the finals after a year and six months?

I am so glad that I was able to make it through since I haven’t been to a finals in a long time. I don’t really feel it but I am satisfied.

You prepared mostly mech for today. Did you come prepared beforehand?

I thought that mech was better than bio. I also thought that Cure wouldn’t be able to anticipate it.

What do you think would have happened if Cure had gone mech?

I practiced for mech vs mech as well but Cure mostly uses bio so I practiced a lot for going up against bio.

Cure’s resistance was incredible. What did you think about it?

I saw the finals match between Cure and Bomber during Red Bull Battle Grounds. So I expected Cure to use Bomber’s build orders but he was stronger than I thought. I had to go through struggles.

You’ve returned to a Korean team. We’re curious about how you feel regarding your return.

My reason for coming back was Proleague. I joined SKT because I felt that a Korean team suited me better for various parts.

Your chances of qualifying in the WCS Global Finals will be higher if you win the championship. Did you know?

I knew. That’s why I want to win the championship no matter what and advance to the Global Finals.

A team kill finals scenario came to be right after you joined SKT. What do you think about that?

I think that soO hyung is a really good Zerg. It is not possible to advance into a finals four times in a row without skill. I can’t help but think that various neck and neck victories will come out.

How’s the atmosphere at SKT?

I’ve only lived at the team house for a day. Also, some players have left for DH. So I can’t say for sure but I think it is going to be an excellent place.

A lot of people are saying that you will become SKT’s ace.

I would like for that to happen but I want all of us to do well so that we can establish a good result for Proleague. I don’t really have a desire to become the sole ace for the team.

You are teammates with Classic again. Is the feeling different?

Classic hyung keeps checking up on me. I wish he wouldn’t do that (laughs).

Anything else you would like to say?

It’s been a long time since I advanced into a finals. I want to thank my fans that kept on waiting on me. I will make it up to them by winning the championship for this season.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews:

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
Facebook Twitter Reddit
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 25 2014 06:17 GMT
#2
[image loading]
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
DreamOen
Profile Joined March 2010
Spain1400 Posts
September 25 2014 06:22 GMT
#3
<Here comes some motivation> You are the translator Hero we need!
Tester | MC | Crank | Flash | Jaedong | MVP
riyanme
Profile Joined September 2010
Philippines940 Posts
September 25 2014 07:02 GMT
#4
hoping soo to lose again on the fnals...
QUADRA KONG incomming!
-
worosei
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia198 Posts
September 25 2014 07:10 GMT
#5
THANKYOU!!! :D
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
September 25 2014 07:16 GMT
#6
I believe in seeker! You will save the day!
(If you do fail I've got The Dark Knight: Seeker edition speech already lined up.)
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
September 25 2014 08:46 GMT
#7
On September 25 2014 16:16 GumBa wrote:
I believe in seeker! You will save the day!
(If you do fail I've got The Dark Knight: Seeker edition speech already lined up.)

Now I want to fail on purpose just so I can read this speech :o
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
therabit
Profile Joined August 2011
795 Posts
September 25 2014 17:18 GMT
#8
nice interview! thanks seeker.

Good for soO, he seems happy. I just hope that he can finally win this time
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
September 25 2014 17:25 GMT
#9
It says something about SKT that their best player looks to Catz for coaching instead of their actual coach.
Moderator
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
September 25 2014 17:26 GMT
#10
Catz is canadian???

anyway, what a god to teach soo how to ZvP
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
September 25 2014 17:27 GMT
#11
On September 26 2014 02:25 stuchiu wrote:
It says something about SKT that their best player looks to Catz for coaching instead of their actual coach.

LOOOOL Root OP
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
September 25 2014 17:34 GMT
#12
soOjwa op
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
September 25 2014 17:37 GMT
#13
Catz definitely the smartest Canadian player
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
biskit
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia355 Posts
September 26 2014 01:28 GMT
#14
Nice to see him soO happy for once! Now will he fail again in the final...
Thanks Seeker.
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
September 26 2014 01:37 GMT
#15
soO so good. What a good birthday present. Ty for the translation Seeker
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
bypLy
Profile Joined June 2013
757 Posts
September 26 2014 01:40 GMT
#16
Catz xD
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
September 26 2014 01:41 GMT
#17
Canadian lol

Glad to see soO so happy. But I'm still sad that Zest lost T_T
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
September 26 2014 01:45 GMT
#18
On September 25 2014 15:17 lichter wrote:
[image loading]


I'm glad you saved that from me =)
KT FlaSh FOREVER
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-26 01:53:32
September 26 2014 01:53 GMT
#19
lol @ soo thinking catz is canadian hahahahahaha
Commentator
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 26 2014 03:16 GMT
#20
thanks for the translation Seeker! soO going for a record when he loses in the finals Has his ZvP improved since that bad loss in late game to Zest 2 finals back?
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings69
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SpeCial 127
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13533
Artosis 639
Shuttle 424
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
canceldota144
League of Legends
Doublelift4286
Counter-Strike
taco 413
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox438
AZ_Axe107
Other Games
summit1g8142
shahzam587
Day[9].tv567
C9.Mang0384
Maynarde150
ViBE128
Trikslyr71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv567
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 50m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.