• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:11
CEST 20:11
KST 03:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12227 users

[Interviews] 2014 GSL Season 3 Code S Ro16 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-07 15:22:08
September 07 2014 05:49 GMT
#1
[image loading]

2014 GSL Season 3 Interviews:
Code A Qualifiers
Code A Winners
Code S Ro32 Winners
Code S Ro16 Winners
Code S Ro4 Winners
2014 GSL Season 3 Grand Finals Winner

(Z)DongRaeGu

[image loading]

Source: inven eSports

It’s been a while since you’ve been to the quarter-finals. How do you feel?

Honestly, I was surprised just by the fact that I had placed into a quarter-finals after such a long time. I am glad because I think I was able to progress on my own. Personally, this moment in my life is critical so this quarter-finals placement is an even newer feeling.

You had to endure harsh times for a while.

I struggled because I kept consistently produced bad results after HotS came out. But I kept on gaming because I had a lingering attachment to the game. I think that decision to stay in the game was able to produce a good result through today’s matches.

There’s a notion that even though you know how to play the game and you have a ton of experience, your hands don’t follow what your mind wants them to.

That is correct. But I was able to win during this season because my hands did what I wanted them to. My matches went well since my hands did what I wanted them to since my match against TRUE.

This season’s goals?

Of course my goal is the finals. My next opponent is INnoVation. Honestly, I say “thank you” whenever I’m placed against a Terran player. I also like the fact that I won’t have to reveal my ZvP styles since there are a lot of Protoss players on the other side of the bracket and it feels like Protoss players will probably make it through.

We’ve been told that you practiced only by yourself after leaving MVP. How did you practice?

Macro is the most important thing for Zerg so I laddered plenty. But I did request for some help around three days ago whenever players were available. But since over practicing can actually have negative effects, I only practiced about three games a day.

Why did you choose Catallena after losing in game one even though it is considered a map that’s good for Terran?

I had a really good win score during practice on Catallena. I think that’s a map where I’m not really at a disadvantage against Terran overall. But I was disappointed that I couldn’t bring out my strategies that I prepared beforehand. Something really constricted me from the beginning. But I think I was able to secure my victory because of Flash’s simcity mistake.

You went for a early game aggression in game three.

Dream did not conserve any of his advice. I didn’t listen to him since I knew that it was too easy to lose if an all-in gets blocked just once, but I was suddenly reminded of his advice when the score was 1-1 so I used it. I am glad that end result was good.

Which match was the most disappointing for you today?

My match against soO was really disappointing. I was able to paint the picture that I wanted but bad decisions and micro mistakes along with several other problems combined into a loss.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank Heart and Dream for helping me with practice. I want to thank MMA for giving me lots of advice. I feel like I’m going to do well for my other matches since I was able to make a good result for today’s important matches. I want to meet my fans unending expectations. Lastly, I hope everyone will have an enjoyable Thanksgiving.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews:

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
SAFenix
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada439 Posts
September 07 2014 05:50 GMT
#2
Rain PLEASE
mYi.Rain | SKT1.soO
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 07 2014 05:55 GMT
#3
Seeker, does that translation mean drg practiced only 3 games a day, or does it mean he practiced 3 private games + laddered?
Forgottenfrog
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1268 Posts
September 07 2014 05:58 GMT
#4
MMA with the advice, I wonder what he said.
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
September 07 2014 06:03 GMT
#5
On September 07 2014 14:55 bo1b wrote:
Seeker, does that translation mean drg practiced only 3 games a day, or does it mean he practiced 3 private games + laddered?


Must be 3 private.

Cause he says he laddered plenty. Don't think 3 games is plenty for a Pro-gamer.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
September 07 2014 06:18 GMT
#6
On September 07 2014 14:55 bo1b wrote:
Seeker, does that translation mean drg practiced only 3 games a day, or does it mean he practiced 3 private games + laddered?

3 private + ladder I believe.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 07 2014 06:18 GMT
#7
On September 07 2014 15:03 Phredxor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2014 14:55 bo1b wrote:
Seeker, does that translation mean drg practiced only 3 games a day, or does it mean he practiced 3 private games + laddered?


Must be 3 private.

Cause he says he laddered plenty. Don't think 3 games is plenty for a Pro-gamer.

I mean, I'd hope not
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
September 07 2014 08:42 GMT
#8
INno and Cure pls! Thx for this!
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
September 07 2014 08:58 GMT
#9
I hope DRG gets a team soon
Community News
TL+ Member
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
September 07 2014 09:16 GMT
#10
On September 07 2014 17:58 Lorning wrote:
I hope DRG gets a team soon

Me too, and I hope doesn't get just any team, but a team that can be trusted. Hopefully a KeSPA team or at least some big name team like EG, Liquid, Acer etc.
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
September 07 2014 09:30 GMT
#11
Out of all the players who are teamless atm (Koreans) DRG has got to be the first that those teams would consider. Acer.DRG for mine to replace Inno.

Stats and Inno pls!
Krossfire
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia1071 Posts
September 07 2014 12:26 GMT
#12
On September 07 2014 18:30 Phredxor wrote:
Out of all the players who are teamless atm (Koreans) DRG has got to be the first that those teams would consider. Acer.DRG for mine to replace Inno.

Stats and Inno pls!


You would assume so. I kinda want to see him on a Kespa team but same time I like hes one of the non-Kespa players still doing well
For the Swarm * DRG *
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
September 07 2014 13:54 GMT
#13
Lol and DRG said he didn't prepare ZvT :D
#TheOneTrueDong
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
September 07 2014 13:54 GMT
#14
On September 07 2014 22:54 TommyP wrote:
Lol and DRG said he didn't prepare ZvT :D

He's just naturally gifted at ZvT
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
MiniFotToss
Profile Joined December 2013
China2430 Posts
September 07 2014 14:08 GMT
#15
Rain PLZ!!!! THX
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
September 07 2014 14:32 GMT
#16
On September 07 2014 17:42 GumBa wrote:
INno and Cure pls! Thx for this!

I'm with GumBa here! Innovation + Cure. Especially Innovation, now that he's a free agent.
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
September 07 2014 14:36 GMT
#17
Ah, DRG's confident for the next mach, good to hear ^^
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
September 07 2014 16:00 GMT
#18
Zest, Stats and Cure please! Thank you Seeker!
agsub
Profile Joined May 2012
Singapore368 Posts
September 08 2014 03:07 GMT
#19
Thanks seeker!
biskit
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia355 Posts
September 08 2014 03:58 GMT
#20
Thanks Seeker

DRG Fighting!!!!
And soO better wins it this time, especially after defeating Flash. Fourth time the charm!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1048
TKL 366
IndyStarCraft 270
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1048
ByuN 454
TKL 366
IndyStarCraft 270
Reynor 176
BRAT_OK 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45950
Calm 2661
Shuttle 433
actioN 168
Mini 133
firebathero 114
White-Ra 83
Mong 47
scan(afreeca) 17
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11094
Counter-Strike
fl0m6462
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2650
Liquid`Hasu466
MindelVK16
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2007
FrodaN1458
B2W.Neo764
olofmeister552
Khaldor447
KnowMe324
crisheroes189
Livibee165
ToD138
Mew2King82
Beastyqt0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick371
BasetradeTV217
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 10
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach82
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV556
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1653
Other Games
• imaqtpie873
• Shiphtur658
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
49m
BSL Open Qualifier
49m
OSC
4h 49m
Replay Cast
4h 49m
OSC
17h 49m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.