• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:49
CEST 07:49
KST 14:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12502 users

[Interview] Flash/Action SPL KT vs Samsung

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-17 23:56:31
April 17 2014 05:15 GMT
#1
[image loading]


I just saw the KT vs Samsung games. I laughed so freaking hard at Flash's ceremony, that I just had to translate this interview!

On April 18 2014 03:30 Kal_rA wrote:


For those who missed it

(T)KT Rolster Flash
(Z)KT Rolster Action

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

You brought forth the victory for your team.

(T)Flash: I am really glad. I planned out my first ever ceremony ever since becoming a pro gamer. To Action who is standing beside me, I want to thank him for what he did. If I get the chance to, I will try to do ceremonies often.

How did you come up with this ceremony?

(T)Flash: I don’t remember who brought the idea up first. Supervisor H.O.T-Forever and my teammates were very forward about this. So it’s fine to think of this as a team product. We thought of Action as soon as we saw the dinosaur costume. TY was also a candidate but it looked like it would suit Action more.

Weren’t you a little worried that you had to put on this dinosaur suit?

(Z)Action: I didn’t care about wearing it since everyone was having fun. I was actually more worried about not pulling it off well.

Since you had a ceremony prepared, the pressure to win must have been huge.

(T)Flash: I told myself that I could not lose no matter what. I was able to win because of that.

Thanks to this ceremony, you will probably remember it for a long time.

(Z)Action: I did a ceremony once in the past before. This one was just as good so I wasn’t worried.

You must have been flustered by Stork’s five gate blink stalker build.

(T)Flash: While I had control of the watch towers, I noticed that there were no movements from Stork. I got flustered a lot after I saw his stalkers but the thing is, rather than cancel my third CC I actually wanted him to attack it. Thanks to that, I was able to buy time just like I thought I would.

Was the widow mine drop an improvised strategy?

(T)Flash: It was improvised. There really wasn’t anything else I could do at the time other than a widow mine drop. I don’t know how many kills I got with those drops but because I noticed that Stork hyung wasn’t pumping out that many units, I saw that the game was playable.

You must have a desire to grab the ceremony award.

(T)Flash: I would like to get it but I think people will think of it differently. This is my first excessive ceremony in seven years. Honestly, I didn’t really have a desire to get the ceremony award, but now that I’ve gone and done one, I think I’m starting to desire it now.

Things are looking good for you for Round 3.

(T)Flash: I started off with two losses in the beginning of round two, but this time around, I’ve started with two wins. My confidence is booming. I think I’m going to be able to do well again. It’s fine if people have expectations for me.

You will play your GSL Code A matches and your GSL Global Championship matches this week.

(T)Flash: Since I’m doing well right now with this kind of feeling, I am confident. I think it’s going to be fun. The most important match is going to be the Code A match tomorrow.

Anything else you would like to say?

(T)Flash: I want to thank the coaching staff and Action for assisting me so that this ceremony could happen. If I do end up getting the ceremony award, then I will treat them to something nice.
(Z)Action: Since I was a part of this ceremony, I hope people saw it as a good one. For next time, I will return with a good performance.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners

ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
April 17 2014 05:20 GMT
#2
rofl. Whack the Stork!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
April 17 2014 05:28 GMT
#3
action so cute in that, hah
In the woods, there lurks..
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
April 17 2014 05:32 GMT
#4
that was a good ceremony. Seen a few good ones coming back with Proleague. Hopefully the players keep it up
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
April 17 2014 06:21 GMT
#5
Spend 10 minutes practicing a ceremony instead of training: Lose Code A.

Lesson learned. Moar training!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
April 17 2014 09:18 GMT
#6
On April 17 2014 15:21 Daswollvieh wrote:
Spend 10 minutes practicing a ceremony instead of training: Lose Code A.

Lesson learned. Moar training!

Haha... Flash's Code A/S curse... Too strong...
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
April 17 2014 17:32 GMT
#7
Awww Action is such a cutie. It's nice to see Flash is having fun.

Thanks Seeker
Community News
TL+ Member
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
April 17 2014 17:33 GMT
#8
Thanks Seeker.
Moderatorlickypiddy
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
April 17 2014 17:40 GMT
#9
If Flash cant be the best in sc2 might as well be the best in ceremonies
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33701 Posts
April 17 2014 17:53 GMT
#10
action reduced to a prop :[
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
April 17 2014 18:00 GMT
#11
action went from like teenager to 40s ahjussi o_o
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
April 17 2014 18:17 GMT
#12
Code A ;;
T P Z sagi
LongShot27
Profile Joined May 2013
United States2084 Posts
April 17 2014 18:24 GMT
#13
Stork gets into CODE S and Flash doesn't.....I'd take that over a ceremony any day
If all men were created equal there would be no reason to declare it.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
April 17 2014 18:30 GMT
#14
http://youtu.be/2OUyMrA4vTg?t=16m22s

For those who missed it
Jaedong.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
April 17 2014 23:55 GMT
#15
Every picture of Action is so great.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
April 19 2014 09:00 GMT
#16
Haha I wanted to know what Flash had to say about this. Thanks Seeker!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings102
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 436
hero 375
BeSt 254
Mind 34
Terrorterran 26
Bale 21
ZergMaN 14
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1099
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 379
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King142
Other Games
summit1g9353
Maynarde175
ArmadaUGS52
Livibee20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH341
• practicex 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2218
League of Legends
• Rush1303
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 11m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.