• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:24
CEST 16:24
KST 23:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8425 users

TeamLiquid Map Contest 4 - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
311 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
March 31 2014 20:20 GMT
#121
I cant wait to finish my last submission , a 4v4 map with something special !
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
March 31 2014 23:28 GMT
#122
On April 01 2014 05:20 IeZaeL wrote:
I cant wait to finish my last submission , a 4v4 map with something special !

Isn't it 3-5 players only?

And are we allowed to ask Plexa for advice on our map?
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
March 31 2014 23:47 GMT
#123
On April 01 2014 08:28 neobowman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2014 05:20 IeZaeL wrote:
I cant wait to finish my last submission , a 4v4 map with something special !

Isn't it 3-5 players only?

And are we allowed to ask Plexa for advice on our map?

Team play maps yo ;o
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
April 01 2014 05:01 GMT
#124
On April 01 2014 08:47 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2014 08:28 neobowman wrote:
On April 01 2014 05:20 IeZaeL wrote:
I cant wait to finish my last submission , a 4v4 map with something special !

Isn't it 3-5 players only?

And are we allowed to ask Plexa for advice on our map?

Team play maps yo ;o


You didn't answer my second question.

Or maybe asking that question is a form of asking for advice from you and you're not allowed to do that so you didn't newer a!!!
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
April 01 2014 19:48 GMT
#125
I find it odd that it stipulates 3-5 spawn positions, given that the real intention is no 2-spawn maps. Though not many, it excludes some other possibilities as well. To make my point:

[image loading]

This was something I made a while back, but anything of that sort has been excluded by the rule. A 3-in-1 map is just as rare, but now it can't be done. I feel most of the rules this time around are just silly, like I don't have enough to worry about making maps normally.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 01 2014 21:00 GMT
#126
Indeed it would make more sense for the rule to be "no 2p maps" and leave it at that, but oh well.

3-in-1, now you're just being silly.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
ConCentrate405
Profile Joined November 2013
Brazil71 Posts
April 01 2014 21:20 GMT
#127
Just to clarify, does 3-5 means 3 to 5 (including 4) players map or it means 3 OR 5 players?

sigh, the more I work on my 3+ p maps, more I like 2p. I think I just don't get it.
I look like someone's uncle after a hard life
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
April 01 2014 21:22 GMT
#128
On April 02 2014 04:48 NewSunshine wrote:
I find it odd that it stipulates 3-5 spawn positions, given that the real intention is no 2-spawn maps. Though not many, it excludes some other possibilities as well. To make my point:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

This was something I made a while back, but anything of that sort has been excluded by the rule. A 3-in-1 map is just as rare, but now it can't be done. I feel most of the rules this time around are just silly, like I don't have enough to worry about making maps normally.

really nice map :D
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
Holytornados
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1022 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-01 21:28:44
April 01 2014 21:28 GMT
#129
Small typo here:

" If you map passes that test and complies with the guidelines above then your map is acceptable!"

Other than that sounds fun. Can't wait to see the maps!
CLG/Liquid ~~ youtube.com/reddedgaming
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
April 01 2014 22:36 GMT
#130
On April 02 2014 06:00 EatThePath wrote:
Indeed it would make more sense for the rule to be "no 2p maps" and leave it at that, but oh well.

3-in-1, now you're just being silly.

Nobody appreciates my genius... yet.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-01 22:38:00
April 01 2014 22:37 GMT
#131
On April 02 2014 04:48 NewSunshine wrote:
I find it odd that it stipulates 3-5 spawn positions, given that the real intention is no 2-spawn maps. Though not many, it excludes some other possibilities as well. To make my point:

This was something I made a while back, but anything of that sort has been excluded by the rule. A 3-in-1 map is just as rare, but now it can't be done. I feel most of the rules this time around are just silly, like I don't have enough to worry about making maps normally.


I'd assume with that map you'd limit the spawn locations so you can't spawn in close positions. At that point wouldn't it be considered a 4 spawn map?
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
April 01 2014 22:44 GMT
#132
On April 02 2014 06:00 EatThePath wrote:
Indeed it would make more sense for the rule to be "no 2p maps" and leave it at that, but oh well.

3-in-1, now you're just being silly.

Damn it, I was making a 3-in-1 2v2 map.

ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 01 2014 22:51 GMT
#133
On April 02 2014 07:36 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2014 06:00 EatThePath wrote:
Indeed it would make more sense for the rule to be "no 2p maps" and leave it at that, but oh well.

3-in-1, now you're just being silly.

Nobody appreciates my genius... yet.

That's why it's genius, right?

On April 02 2014 07:44 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2014 06:00 EatThePath wrote:
Indeed it would make more sense for the rule to be "no 2p maps" and leave it at that, but oh well.

3-in-1, now you're just being silly.

Damn it, I was making a 3-in-1 2v2 map.


And then there's mad genius. o_O
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
April 01 2014 23:21 GMT
#134
On April 02 2014 07:51 EatThePath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2014 07:36 NewSunshine wrote:
On April 02 2014 06:00 EatThePath wrote:
Indeed it would make more sense for the rule to be "no 2p maps" and leave it at that, but oh well.

3-in-1, now you're just being silly.

Nobody appreciates my genius... yet.

That's why it's genius, right?

Show nested quote +
On April 02 2014 07:44 The_Templar wrote:
On April 02 2014 06:00 EatThePath wrote:
Indeed it would make more sense for the rule to be "no 2p maps" and leave it at that, but oh well.

3-in-1, now you're just being silly.

Damn it, I was making a 3-in-1 2v2 map.


And then there's mad genius. o_O

Just so you know, I'm not actually making a 2v2 map that is 3-in-1. That is just crazy.
It was to prepare you for my latest map, Fiery Cliffs.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
April 01 2014 23:24 GMT
#135
On April 02 2014 07:37 SidianTheBard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2014 04:48 NewSunshine wrote:
I find it odd that it stipulates 3-5 spawn positions, given that the real intention is no 2-spawn maps. Though not many, it excludes some other possibilities as well. To make my point:

This was something I made a while back, but anything of that sort has been excluded by the rule. A 3-in-1 map is just as rare, but now it can't be done. I feel most of the rules this time around are just silly, like I don't have enough to worry about making maps normally.


I'd assume with that map you'd limit the spawn locations so you can't spawn in close positions. At that point wouldn't it be considered a 4 spawn map?

As much as a 2-in-1 map is considered 2p, which it isn't.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 02 2014 00:21 GMT
#136
On April 02 2014 04:48 NewSunshine wrote:
I find it odd that it stipulates 3-5 spawn positions, given that the real intention is no 2-spawn maps. Though not many, it excludes some other possibilities as well. To make my point:

This was something I made a while back, but anything of that sort has been excluded by the rule. A 3-in-1 map is just as rare, but now it can't be done. I feel most of the rules this time around are just silly, like I don't have enough to worry about making maps normally.

In most circumstances 6p maps are probably pushing things a bit too far, at least for most map makers. Encouraging submissions in a category that is likely to do not do very well isn't very responsible of me! However if you feel that you're capable of designing a 6p+ map which is viable in a 1v1 setting then feel free to contact me about that.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
April 02 2014 00:37 GMT
#137
Looks like I got internet back just in time
SC2 Mapmaker
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
April 02 2014 01:02 GMT
#138
On April 02 2014 09:21 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2014 04:48 NewSunshine wrote:
I find it odd that it stipulates 3-5 spawn positions, given that the real intention is no 2-spawn maps. Though not many, it excludes some other possibilities as well. To make my point:

This was something I made a while back, but anything of that sort has been excluded by the rule. A 3-in-1 map is just as rare, but now it can't be done. I feel most of the rules this time around are just silly, like I don't have enough to worry about making maps normally.

In most circumstances 6p maps are probably pushing things a bit too far, at least for most map makers. Encouraging submissions in a category that is likely to do not do very well isn't very responsible of me! However if you feel that you're capable of designing a 6p+ map which is viable in a 1v1 setting then feel free to contact me about that.


The map I'm almost finished with has 8 spawn points...yet should be completely viable for a 1v1 map. Hope it's not a problem! Ask EatThePath, he loves it.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
April 02 2014 03:30 GMT
#139
On April 02 2014 09:37 lorestarcraft wrote:
Looks like I got internet back just in time

I was wondering where you disappeared to! Time to make some awesome maps.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
April 02 2014 03:52 GMT
#140
On April 02 2014 09:21 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2014 04:48 NewSunshine wrote:
I find it odd that it stipulates 3-5 spawn positions, given that the real intention is no 2-spawn maps. Though not many, it excludes some other possibilities as well. To make my point:

This was something I made a while back, but anything of that sort has been excluded by the rule. A 3-in-1 map is just as rare, but now it can't be done. I feel most of the rules this time around are just silly, like I don't have enough to worry about making maps normally.

In most circumstances 6p maps are probably pushing things a bit too far, at least for most map makers. Encouraging submissions in a category that is likely to do not do very well isn't very responsible of me! However if you feel that you're capable of designing a 6p+ map which is viable in a 1v1 setting then feel free to contact me about that.

You don't encourage it per se, you simply exclude 2p maps. I for one won't be making any 6-spawn maps that I want to submit anyway, but someone might, and it seems odd to exclude them because we don't want 2p maps this time. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this way? Just hoping someone understands what I'm on about here.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV937
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8077
Bisu 1951
Shuttle 1078
Horang2 703
Larva 498
Stork 421
EffOrt 412
BeSt 400
actioN 271
Mini 244
[ Show more ]
Mind 137
910 96
Zeus 92
Snow 74
Barracks 64
Mong 62
Sea.KH 54
Shinee 51
hero 49
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
sorry 31
Killer 26
Shine 25
Sexy 25
Yoon 20
HiyA 20
Aegong 19
soO 18
zelot 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Free 10
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5636
qojqva2260
Dendi1113
febbydoto25
Counter-Strike
fl0m2592
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko476
Other Games
singsing2905
olofmeister1186
hiko956
B2W.Neo834
Livibee452
TKL 439
XBOCT291
Hui .215
Liquid`VortiX204
XaKoH 191
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• mYiSmile16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• iopq 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3139
• Jankos2304
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 36m
Replay Cast
8h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 36m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 36m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.