• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8613 users

Hybrid settings 2.0 - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
April 21 2014 20:55 GMT
#261
On April 22 2014 05:48 Azamato wrote:
Can anyone help me? I did the variables.txt copy paste thingy but everytime I start the game it just makes a new file and overwrites it. What to do ?

Remove "Read only" from your variables

ALso don't forget that it reorders all the lines in alphabetical order when you're launching the game
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
April 22 2014 14:35 GMT
#262
ROOT Illusion playing with Hybrid settings

http://www.twitch.tv/illusionsc
Yozora
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland65 Posts
April 30 2014 09:26 GMT
#263
Can I change this so that those corpses doesn't appear?

[image loading]
Everyone lies
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
April 30 2014 10:34 GMT
#264
On April 30 2014 18:26 Taplarapu wrote:
Can I change this so that those corpses doesn't appear?

[image loading]

CHange physics in game options to below High, so there will be no flying corpses. If you want to remove all the death animations (acid/flame), change Models to Low.

Don't forget to set blob-shadows back, since they will be turned off any time you modify ingame settings.
Yozora
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland65 Posts
April 30 2014 11:56 GMT
#265
On April 30 2014 19:34 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2014 18:26 Taplarapu wrote:
Can I change this so that those corpses doesn't appear?

[image loading]

CHange physics in game options to below High, so there will be no flying corpses. If you want to remove all the death animations (acid/flame), change Models to Low.

Don't forget to set blob-shadows back, since they will be turned off any time you modify ingame settings.


Thank you for your help but physics were already "off" so changing models to low did the trick.

What else do l lose when l change models to low compared to putting all setting low + copy pasting your variables?
Everyone lies
Azamato
Profile Joined June 2011
Belgium22 Posts
May 01 2014 15:32 GMT
#266
On April 22 2014 05:55 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2014 05:48 Azamato wrote:
Can anyone help me? I did the variables.txt copy paste thingy but everytime I start the game it just makes a new file and overwrites it. What to do ?

Remove "Read only" from your variables

ALso don't forget that it reorders all the lines in alphabetical order when you're launching the game



I did but still makes a new file
www.twitter.com/eternityazamato | www.twitch.com/azamato
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 01 2014 17:03 GMT
#267
On May 02 2014 00:32 Azamato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2014 05:55 Existor wrote:
On April 22 2014 05:48 Azamato wrote:
Can anyone help me? I did the variables.txt copy paste thingy but everytime I start the game it just makes a new file and overwrites it. What to do ?

Remove "Read only" from your variables

ALso don't forget that it reorders all the lines in alphabetical order when you're launching the game



I did but still makes a new file

You know that it reorders all the lines in alphabetical order? Maybe you meant that?
Parcelleus
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1662 Posts
May 02 2014 09:24 GMT
#268
I usually use medium shaders but these hybrid settings have very good visibility not to mention the performance boost.

After latest patch I was getting pink rectangles on ramps, but after deleting variables.txt, cache files and using the repair tool numerous times all good.

Many thanks to JaKaTaK and Existor ! very nice visual tweak you guys have found !
*burp*
JudicatorCaste
Profile Joined May 2014
Vietnam1 Post
May 07 2014 00:43 GMT
#269
A little bit weird, cause people use this for a non-shiny game, but can I turn back shiny effect on zerg? I'm trying to enjoy the campaign, but the med shadow make the game lag like crazy
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 07 2014 01:00 GMT
#270
On May 07 2014 09:43 JudicatorCaste wrote:
A little bit weird, cause people use this for a non-shiny game, but can I turn back shiny effect on zerg? I'm trying to enjoy the campaign, but the med shadow make the game lag like crazy

As already said in this thread - remove lighting=0 line from your variables and then in game settings set Medium settings again (under "again" I mean set settings to low/high/anyother, then back to medium)
somesuchnonsense
Profile Joined April 2014
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-11 19:58:11
May 11 2014 19:57 GMT
#271
I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere, but it appears that the hybrid graphics settings have fixed the Nvidia glitch where the graphics freeze but you can still order your units around/ hear game sounds. Maybe this could lead to blizzard figuring out what the cause is and finally patching it. At the very least, it is another selling point for using these settings. I'd actually prefer flashy visuals to functional visibility, but the game has become unplayable for me without these settings. Cheers.
AxCranK
Profile Joined October 2011
United States51 Posts
May 13 2014 15:45 GMT
#272
I'll try use this. Thanks!
ProgamerHello
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 13 2014 15:50 GMT
#273
On May 14 2014 00:45 AxCranK wrote:
I'll try use this. Thanks!


Glad to help crank! Feel free to contact us directly if you have any problems

thejakatak@gmail.com
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
May 13 2014 16:03 GMT
#274
On April 30 2014 19:34 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2014 18:26 Taplarapu wrote:
Can I change this so that those corpses doesn't appear?

[image loading]

CHange physics in game options to below High, so there will be no flying corpses. If you want to remove all the death animations (acid/flame), change Models to Low.

Don't forget to set blob-shadows back, since they will be turned off any time you modify ingame settings.

I was actually wondering. Do they also turn off when changing in-game sound settings? I do that way too much.
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 13 2014 17:18 GMT
#275
@thalandros
unfortunately they do
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
AxCranK
Profile Joined October 2011
United States51 Posts
May 14 2014 05:30 GMT
#276
@JaKaTaK I've sent an eamil to you about bright screen
ProgamerHello
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 14 2014 06:42 GMT
#277
On May 14 2014 01:03 Thalandros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2014 19:34 Existor wrote:
On April 30 2014 18:26 Taplarapu wrote:
Can I change this so that those corpses doesn't appear?

[image loading]

CHange physics in game options to below High, so there will be no flying corpses. If you want to remove all the death animations (acid/flame), change Models to Low.

Don't forget to set blob-shadows back, since they will be turned off any time you modify ingame settings.

I was actually wondering. Do they also turn off when changing in-game sound settings? I do that way too much.

As it says in 1st post, modifying ANY of game settings can broke Hybrid settings setup a bit (i.e. revert blob-shadows to no shadows at all, which is bad on some bright maps).

In other word, just clicking OK in game settings brokes the Hybrid ones.
SphinxOP
Profile Joined May 2014
United States2 Posts
May 20 2014 18:55 GMT
#278
I'd like to know which settings I'd have to enter if I want normal low game settings + the pylon power field / warp in shapes / building wireframes.

I like hybrid settings but the overall brightness on the maps is to much for me. I prefer the standard. Habitation station looks way to bright imo.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 20 2014 19:11 GMT
#279
On May 21 2014 03:55 SphinxOP wrote:
I'd like to know which settings I'd have to enter if I want normal low game settings + the pylon power field / warp in shapes / building wireframes.

I like hybrid settings but the overall brightness on the maps is to much for me. I prefer the standard. Habitation station looks way to bright imo.

Habitation station brightness on hybrid settings is same as on medium settings.
SphinxOP
Profile Joined May 2014
United States2 Posts
May 20 2014 19:45 GMT
#280
On May 21 2014 04:11 Existor wrote: Habitation station brightness on hybrid settings is same as on medium settings.


Really? I could have sworn it was brighter. Anyways, what commands are for the specifications I said? I'd like to try just those. Thanks for the quick answer.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
Nathanias 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 607
910 24
MaD[AoV]22
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 561
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox493
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3886
Other Games
summit1g8430
FrodaN648
C9.Mang0250
shahzam173
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21405
Other Games
• imaqtpie819
• Shiphtur792
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 12m
Patches Events
17h 12m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.