• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:53
CEST 23:53
KST 06:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7684 users

Red Bull TLMC Finalists - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
113 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
November 02 2013 22:47 GMT
#101
On November 03 2013 07:34 Yhamm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 07:16 moskonia wrote:
On November 03 2013 06:43 Yhamm wrote:
On November 03 2013 06:40 Plexa wrote:
Replays will be release after the finals tomorrow.

Cool, I couldn't watch anything today :D
I really want to see the lava map if it wasn't veto everytime

The tournament had fixed starter maps, no veto's.

ah ok, I didn't know.
which rounds did they play the lava map then?

Here's the Bracket
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
November 02 2013 23:02 GMT
#102
On November 03 2013 05:49 19Meavis93 wrote:
So far I've seen all maps but polaris rhapsody being played, the only one I really approve of is jungle valley, though It may need to be made cross due to the power of positional imbalance.

Not a good iidea. Look at the overview again - no Potential direct Opponent is completely against the idea.

On November 03 2013 05:51 Gfire wrote:
I honestly can't see this positional imbalance people keep talking about on jungle valley. It seems quite well done.


Thank you! It is conceptual Sound imo. One third is easier to attack on the ground, but BOTH Thirds have cliffs Above!
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
November 03 2013 06:40 GMT
#103
On November 03 2013 07:47 Uvantak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 07:34 Yhamm wrote:
On November 03 2013 07:16 moskonia wrote:
On November 03 2013 06:43 Yhamm wrote:
On November 03 2013 06:40 Plexa wrote:
Replays will be release after the finals tomorrow.

Cool, I couldn't watch anything today :D
I really want to see the lava map if it wasn't veto everytime

The tournament had fixed starter maps, no veto's.

ah ok, I didn't know.
which rounds did they play the lava map then?

Here's the Bracket


semifinals.
Unfortunately the only games on that map in that round were short PvP all-ins.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
November 03 2013 10:56 GMT
#104
On November 03 2013 02:48 NonY wrote:
feedback for graveside: blink stalkers were getting stuck in random places in the middle of the map.

btw
Show nested quote +
Every single goddamn map is the fucking same. You can do any build order on every single map.

you can do any build order you want but the different maps have different "optimal" build orders. and of course in any scenario where you become predictable in starcraft, you are gonna get punished. so if a build is so good that everyone does it, other ppl are gonna have counter-builds that in general dont seem "good for the map" but are good at countering the build that is good for the map. so in that sense, yeah any build is good for any map. but having a variety of maps still gives people the option of becoming a multi-style multi-build player
Well, the point is, that these maps will not result into 'shaking up the metagame' as was advertised, neither did TLMC2.

Basically, we have not seen any new strategies as a result of the TLMC 2 winners because the maps do not provide incentive for it. Consider Icarus, a map that did truly shake up the metagame. The first professional game on that map already saw a specific cheese which works only on that map and only in ZvP. It was a very well engineered cheese taking advantage of the new features of the map and it worked. Later on we saw very specific strategies on Icarus that only worked on Icarus, we say something fresh.

People complain about biomine being used all the time and ask Blizzard to change the hard variables of the game. The truth is that if you do it like this, you change it for evry map, say biotank becomes the standard due to what Blizzard does, then we will see biotank on every map. A far simpler solution is just to screw the standard in maps, make different maps. Make a map with a natural which has 6 patches but 3 geysers and see what happens and what people do with extra gas and less minerals. There is no need for Blizzard to intervene at all.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
November 03 2013 16:27 GMT
#105
To be fair, players didn't really have time to create specific strategies for these maps like they did for icarus.

If you feel that changing resource ratios is the best way to shake up the metagame, I understand your disappointment. When I've sat down and tried to make some different and interesting maps, they haven't usually involved that yet, but you're right, it really should be tried more. I'm personally not really a fan of mixed gold and blue bases but I'd love to see some triple gas and whatnot. That's a good idea, and considering there are seven finalists all with pretty basic setups in that regard, it is a little disappointing.

I suppose a change like that would change the compositions people use even the first time they played the map... I'd argue, though, that that's not even metagame since it's just the players having a different set of resources and adapting to it once they're already in the game. Anything truly meta requires more time outside of tournament matches for the players to think and prepare, right? I think it's impossible, by definition, to shake up the metagame in less than a day.a
all's fair in love and melodies
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
November 03 2013 16:29 GMT
#106
--- Nuked ---
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
November 03 2013 16:42 GMT
#107
Sorry, I completely agree about graveside. The more I look at it the more I like it. That front natural with the positioning of the ramp... So very good.
all's fair in love and melodies
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
November 04 2013 11:23 GMT
#108
So when does the public vote start?

I feel like they should do a highlights video for each map so people can make an informed decision.
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
VArsovskiSC
Profile Joined July 2010
Macedonia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 16:48:46
November 04 2013 16:46 GMT
#109
Hmm, think I'd go with Graveside in the final choice.. The map provided some awesome games in proxy vs non-proxy scenarios and seemed good with neither side having the big advantage..

As for bad maps for example - can't wrap my head around how did Jungle-Valley make it into the final pool ?? It's like crazy - how's a Zerg supposed to play on it ?

Other maps seem descent though, still - think would go with Graveside..
Another world, another place, another universe, won the race.. :) ;) :P
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
November 04 2013 18:35 GMT
#110
I like graveside as well although I think it's a bit less unusual... I'd say that graveside will likely have the support to get into pools soon even if it doesn't get chosen as #1 while the others might need the win more. IDK if that should be taken account in the decision or not, though.

Then again it might actually be the opposite as NPR and Jungle Valley might get a lot of attention for being somewhat different. I could see NPR getting a cult following (I will also say I made a melee map with flooding back around WoL beta or early release so hipster glasses and stuff) but people don't seem to like Jungle Valley as much.

Jungle Valley might be the most underestimated so I'd love to see it win. Not really the biggest fan of the aesthetics or the name but the layout is sick.
all's fair in love and melodies
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
November 04 2013 20:34 GMT
#111
Here's the link to vote for your favourite map.
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
November 04 2013 20:50 GMT
#112
On November 05 2013 05:34 iHirO wrote:
Here's the link to vote for your favourite map.

We'll have our own thread advertising this momentarily. (aka soon(tm))
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 21:34:50
November 04 2013 21:25 GMT
#113
On November 05 2013 03:35 Gfire wrote:

Jungle Valley might be the most underestimated so I'd love to see it win. Not really the biggest fan of the aesthetics or the name but the layout is sick.


<3

i have the feeling the overview kinda looks more imbalanced than it is and that puts many people off. their fears are based on a misjudgement - the map could "look" more balanced, if done a bit differently, mainly the cw and ccw thirds. NO matter the outcome in the voting I will release the map after this whole thing is over and get this fixed.
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-05 12:00:45
November 05 2013 12:00 GMT
#114
I don't know if the lava map is that great. I only watched one game on it, but the aesthetics of the lava rising is awkward. I had hoped for lava coming up from the ground at some selected places and slowly overflowing a location, allowing units to more easily avoid it and giving more warning instead of something inelegant like a timer. And instead of an instant-kill I would like to see it dealing psionic storm level damage so that even being caught in the lava is not a death sentence for units like the thor or ultralisk.

Currently you might as well replace the lava by an electric field that just zaps everything once per five minutes.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
ViBE41
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 184
Dewaltoss 92
Hyuk 67
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm68
League of Legends
Doublelift3212
Counter-Strike
Fnx 765
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King79
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5464
Khaldor927
Liquid`Hasu706
Other Games
summit1g8254
FrodaN2302
shahzam518
KnowMe297
C9.Mang0193
ArmadaUGS109
UpATreeSC100
Trikslyr53
PPMD46
ZombieGrub39
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH362
• davetesta11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie908
• Shiphtur226
Upcoming Events
OSC
8m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 8m
Online Event
13h 8m
FEL
18h 8m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.