• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:03
CEST 10:03
KST 17:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8331 users

StarCraft 2: What's The Problem - Page 87

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 103 Next
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 15 2013 11:18 GMT
#1721
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
October 15 2013 11:25 GMT
#1722
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
October 15 2013 11:35 GMT
#1723
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.


yeah. One is SC2 and one is in BW. Quick, bash the SC2 one!
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 15 2013 11:39 GMT
#1724
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.

They are not the same but do essentially the same thing: ALL MY BASE ARE BELONG TO HIM.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
October 15 2013 11:42 GMT
#1725
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.


Spell casters did more damage, siege tanks did more damage, reavers did more damage, the world of casuals was watching your entire army die in 2-3 shots because you didn't have the micro to split against storms/tanks/reavers/lurkers.

Both games have their anti casual volatile aspects, don't pretend it's one sided.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
October 15 2013 15:02 GMT
#1726
Well, I don't want to brake your wonderful topic about bashing SC2 and "what are the key differences between BW and SC2", but the main reason why SC2 viewership is lowering is low hype and, well, propaganda failure.

I don't play MOBA games, I've never played LoL - though I'm listening and wathcing video about Jinx. It's awesome. From 8Oct it was watched by 12m+ on Youtube. And this is just a "stupid" video about a game I have never played and it gets to me. Why the hell I can;t get SC2 hype videos? I know about Starcrafts and that's all. Where are such videos(like the Jinx one) which catch me and get the thought about playing the game into my head? This one was made by Riot and what can Blizzard do the best? VIDEOS!!! Holy Jesus on nuclear powered pogo stick - why the hell Blizzard isn;'t making more videos and creating some stuff around the game? I'm sad now :-(

Stop bashing sc2 and start doing this stuff(since Blizzard ins;t). The game itself is OK, there's just too much bashing and stupid stuff like this topic(and others "Dying sc2" topics) and not enough "this game is super awesome" stuff.

WEll, thanks for reading, small apologize for being too much positive about sc2 and a big one for not bashing sc2.
(and believe me, you don't want to read my opinion about bw)

Also, an apologize for my English ^_^ I hope you understand what I want to write ~_^
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Crackpot
Profile Joined May 2013
58 Posts
October 15 2013 16:24 GMT
#1727
I think people just try to hard to play like pros. There is no other game I played where people copied programers and their tactics (Builds,mechanics) so much like in StarCraft 2. It is way to easy to use extreme strong builds without any skill of decision making.

For example I played (as random) pvp against a guy using a pretty well timed blinkstalker build, but in the end he lost because he obviously didnt know that they suck against voidrays, or atleast he didn't know how to use them correctly. That kind of playstyle forces newbies to adapt and copy counterbuilds and stuff, and in the end noone knows what he is actually doing.
Applesmack
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada680 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 18:05:48
October 15 2013 17:49 GMT
#1728
The biggest problem with SC2 is demotion. Promotions are cool but demotions are definately not and they should be optional. If I feel like I still can play at my current level the game should not force me out. It can perhaps prompt me and SUGGEST a demotion saying I will possibly win more, but it shouldn't force me. I was never forcefully demoted but the fear of it makes me avoid laddering sometimes. I don't want to be cheesed out of a league I worked hard to get into.
CakeSauc3
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1437 Posts
October 15 2013 18:01 GMT
#1729
The biggest problem with SC2 is that I care about it too much, and I've spent more time playing, watching, and talking about this game than is probably good for me. But I just love it too much to stop :D

Actually, I think an even bigger problem is that I've never been more than a low Master's player and I've always blamed it on how OP Zerg is. Is that a problem worth discussing? :p Maybe I should just learn how to play...
H0i
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands484 Posts
October 15 2013 18:05 GMT
#1730
On October 16 2013 02:49 Applesmack wrote:
The biggest problem with SC2 is demotion, Promotions are cool but demotions are definately not and they should be optional. If I feel like I still can play at my current level the game should not force me out. It can perhaps prompt me and SUGGEST a demotion saying I will possibly win more, but it shouldn't force me. I never actually was forcefully demoted but the fear of it is really real. I don't want to be cheesed out of a league I worked hard to get into.


- You cannot be demoted during a season. It used to be possible but now it's 100% impossible.

- Even if it were possible, it would be nowhere near to 'the biggest problem'.
Applesmack
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada680 Posts
October 15 2013 18:06 GMT
#1731
On October 16 2013 03:05 H0i wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 02:49 Applesmack wrote:
The biggest problem with SC2 is demotion, Promotions are cool but demotions are definately not and they should be optional. If I feel like I still can play at my current level the game should not force me out. It can perhaps prompt me and SUGGEST a demotion saying I will possibly win more, but it shouldn't force me. I never actually was forcefully demoted but the fear of it is really real. I don't want to be cheesed out of a league I worked hard to get into.


- You cannot be demoted during a season. It used to be possible but now it's 100% impossible.

- Even if it were possible, it would be nowhere near to 'the biggest problem'.


It was by far the biggest problem for me. I never knew they fixed this.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 18:19:43
October 15 2013 18:19 GMT
#1732
On October 16 2013 03:06 Applesmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 03:05 H0i wrote:
On October 16 2013 02:49 Applesmack wrote:
The biggest problem with SC2 is demotion, Promotions are cool but demotions are definately not and they should be optional. If I feel like I still can play at my current level the game should not force me out. It can perhaps prompt me and SUGGEST a demotion saying I will possibly win more, but it shouldn't force me. I never actually was forcefully demoted but the fear of it is really real. I don't want to be cheesed out of a league I worked hard to get into.


- You cannot be demoted during a season. It used to be possible but now it's 100% impossible.

- Even if it were possible, it would be nowhere near to 'the biggest problem'.


It was by far the biggest problem for me. I never knew they fixed this.


The actual league you are in had no effect on who you play against anyway: that was entirely based on your hidden MMR. If you were losing, your MMR went down and you played against lower level players. Your league was just a way of showing you an approximation of where your skill level was. The promotion/demotion system was actually completely irrelevant to whom you were playing against.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
October 15 2013 18:36 GMT
#1733
On October 15 2013 20:35 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.


yeah. One is SC2 and one is in BW. Quick, bash the SC2 one!



This made me laugh, it's funny how people bash and bash and then some more bashing.

Not to be a hypocrite, but I dislike how I get demoted at the start of a new season. Was mid diamond player, next start of season i'm in plat all of a sudden, then I finish rank 2 plat, next season I get gold? Wtf man that isn't cool....

I was diamond in WoL so it isn't even like I was a part of the whole"masters has too many players" ordeal that happened. I work full time, and don't get me wrong it isn't that big of a deal. Just an annoyance, for example, when I try to get a team game going and someone tells me to " F off gold scrub".
TL+ Member
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
October 15 2013 18:53 GMT
#1734
On October 16 2013 03:36 Ctone23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2013 20:35 Big J wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.


yeah. One is SC2 and one is in BW. Quick, bash the SC2 one!



This made me laugh, it's funny how people bash and bash and then some more bashing.

Not to be a hypocrite, but I dislike how I get demoted at the start of a new season. Was mid diamond player, next start of season i'm in plat all of a sudden, then I finish rank 2 plat, next season I get gold? Wtf man that isn't cool....

I was diamond in WoL so it isn't even like I was a part of the whole"masters has too many players" ordeal that happened. I work full time, and don't get me wrong it isn't that big of a deal. Just an annoyance, for example, when I try to get a team game going and someone tells me to " F off gold scrub".


It means you got worse relatively to the other players in the region. I don't see what's so hard to see about that. People are improving at the game every day, you just either got worse, or didn't improve as much. That's not something the game can fix.
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
October 15 2013 19:52 GMT
#1735
What's wrong with starcraft? People thinking demotion is the game's biggest problem
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 20:06:41
October 15 2013 20:03 GMT
#1736
On October 16 2013 03:53 Chaggi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 03:36 Ctone23 wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:35 Big J wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.


yeah. One is SC2 and one is in BW. Quick, bash the SC2 one!



This made me laugh, it's funny how people bash and bash and then some more bashing.

Not to be a hypocrite, but I dislike how I get demoted at the start of a new season. Was mid diamond player, next start of season i'm in plat all of a sudden, then I finish rank 2 plat, next season I get gold? Wtf man that isn't cool....

I was diamond in WoL so it isn't even like I was a part of the whole"masters has too many players" ordeal that happened. I work full time, and don't get me wrong it isn't that big of a deal. Just an annoyance, for example, when I try to get a team game going and someone tells me to " F off gold scrub".


It means you got worse relatively to the other players in the region. I don't see what's so hard to see about that. People are improving at the game every day, you just either got worse, or didn't improve as much. That's not something the game can fix.



Well I just don't think it should be mandatory to play hundreds of games to get back the rank you rightly earned for several seasons. As I said, I work full time now and it just doesn't make since that I get demoted yet continue to play diamond/ plat players.

I got promoted again so it's really not a big deal. I'm just saying in the grand scheme of the game I don't agree with their approach.

EDIT: To me the game feels like it has few rewards other than the ladder system. But hey it's all good ;p
TL+ Member
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
October 15 2013 20:24 GMT
#1737
On October 16 2013 05:03 Ctone23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 03:53 Chaggi wrote:
On October 16 2013 03:36 Ctone23 wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:35 Big J wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.


yeah. One is SC2 and one is in BW. Quick, bash the SC2 one!



This made me laugh, it's funny how people bash and bash and then some more bashing.

Not to be a hypocrite, but I dislike how I get demoted at the start of a new season. Was mid diamond player, next start of season i'm in plat all of a sudden, then I finish rank 2 plat, next season I get gold? Wtf man that isn't cool....

I was diamond in WoL so it isn't even like I was a part of the whole"masters has too many players" ordeal that happened. I work full time, and don't get me wrong it isn't that big of a deal. Just an annoyance, for example, when I try to get a team game going and someone tells me to " F off gold scrub".


It means you got worse relatively to the other players in the region. I don't see what's so hard to see about that. People are improving at the game every day, you just either got worse, or didn't improve as much. That's not something the game can fix.



Well I just don't think it should be mandatory to play hundreds of games to get back the rank you rightly earned for several seasons. As I said, I work full time now and it just doesn't make since that I get demoted yet continue to play diamond/ plat players.

I got promoted again so it's really not a big deal. I'm just saying in the grand scheme of the game I don't agree with their approach.

EDIT: To me the game feels like it has few rewards other than the ladder system. But hey it's all good ;p


Being rank 2 doesn't mean anything though. Different divisions have different difficulties. I've been at 1600 points and rank 1 masters before, and I've been at 1600 points and rank 12 masters before. The only thing that determines your league is your mmr.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
October 15 2013 20:40 GMT
#1738
On October 16 2013 05:24 Whitewing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 05:03 Ctone23 wrote:
On October 16 2013 03:53 Chaggi wrote:
On October 16 2013 03:36 Ctone23 wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:35 Big J wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.


yeah. One is SC2 and one is in BW. Quick, bash the SC2 one!



This made me laugh, it's funny how people bash and bash and then some more bashing.

Not to be a hypocrite, but I dislike how I get demoted at the start of a new season. Was mid diamond player, next start of season i'm in plat all of a sudden, then I finish rank 2 plat, next season I get gold? Wtf man that isn't cool....

I was diamond in WoL so it isn't even like I was a part of the whole"masters has too many players" ordeal that happened. I work full time, and don't get me wrong it isn't that big of a deal. Just an annoyance, for example, when I try to get a team game going and someone tells me to " F off gold scrub".


It means you got worse relatively to the other players in the region. I don't see what's so hard to see about that. People are improving at the game every day, you just either got worse, or didn't improve as much. That's not something the game can fix.



Well I just don't think it should be mandatory to play hundreds of games to get back the rank you rightly earned for several seasons. As I said, I work full time now and it just doesn't make since that I get demoted yet continue to play diamond/ plat players.

I got promoted again so it's really not a big deal. I'm just saying in the grand scheme of the game I don't agree with their approach.

EDIT: To me the game feels like it has few rewards other than the ladder system. But hey it's all good ;p


Being rank 2 doesn't mean anything though. Different divisions have different difficulties. I've been at 1600 points and rank 1 masters before, and I've been at 1600 points and rank 12 masters before. The only thing that determines your league is your mmr.


I understand how MMR works. I just didn't understand why I was getting demoted at the start of the season for no apparent reason, I was still playing diamond league players. I honestly think it was only because I didn't play as many games, but I really don't know.
TL+ Member
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
October 15 2013 20:44 GMT
#1739
On October 16 2013 05:40 Ctone23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 05:24 Whitewing wrote:
On October 16 2013 05:03 Ctone23 wrote:
On October 16 2013 03:53 Chaggi wrote:
On October 16 2013 03:36 Ctone23 wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:35 Big J wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.


yeah. One is SC2 and one is in BW. Quick, bash the SC2 one!



This made me laugh, it's funny how people bash and bash and then some more bashing.

Not to be a hypocrite, but I dislike how I get demoted at the start of a new season. Was mid diamond player, next start of season i'm in plat all of a sudden, then I finish rank 2 plat, next season I get gold? Wtf man that isn't cool....

I was diamond in WoL so it isn't even like I was a part of the whole"masters has too many players" ordeal that happened. I work full time, and don't get me wrong it isn't that big of a deal. Just an annoyance, for example, when I try to get a team game going and someone tells me to " F off gold scrub".


It means you got worse relatively to the other players in the region. I don't see what's so hard to see about that. People are improving at the game every day, you just either got worse, or didn't improve as much. That's not something the game can fix.



Well I just don't think it should be mandatory to play hundreds of games to get back the rank you rightly earned for several seasons. As I said, I work full time now and it just doesn't make since that I get demoted yet continue to play diamond/ plat players.

I got promoted again so it's really not a big deal. I'm just saying in the grand scheme of the game I don't agree with their approach.

EDIT: To me the game feels like it has few rewards other than the ladder system. But hey it's all good ;p


Being rank 2 doesn't mean anything though. Different divisions have different difficulties. I've been at 1600 points and rank 1 masters before, and I've been at 1600 points and rank 12 masters before. The only thing that determines your league is your mmr.


I understand how MMR works. I just didn't understand why I was getting demoted at the start of the season for no apparent reason, I was still playing diamond league players. I honestly think it was only because I didn't play as many games, but I really don't know.


(MMR decay + time) - effort = demotion

You can't be demoted during a season, so it waits till next season to demote you.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
October 15 2013 20:49 GMT
#1740
On October 16 2013 05:44 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 05:40 Ctone23 wrote:
On October 16 2013 05:24 Whitewing wrote:
On October 16 2013 05:03 Ctone23 wrote:
On October 16 2013 03:53 Chaggi wrote:
On October 16 2013 03:36 Ctone23 wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:35 Big J wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:25 gTank wrote:
On October 15 2013 20:18 lolfail9001 wrote:
On October 15 2013 19:43 Rabiator wrote:

If you ever get a Protoss warping in lots of units in your own base you will know what is meant with "too much volatility". As a professional you can deal with it, but casuals wont be.

If you call that volatility, then BW is about as volatile. Ever experienced arbiter's recall in your own base :D?


This is absolutely not the same.


yeah. One is SC2 and one is in BW. Quick, bash the SC2 one!



This made me laugh, it's funny how people bash and bash and then some more bashing.

Not to be a hypocrite, but I dislike how I get demoted at the start of a new season. Was mid diamond player, next start of season i'm in plat all of a sudden, then I finish rank 2 plat, next season I get gold? Wtf man that isn't cool....

I was diamond in WoL so it isn't even like I was a part of the whole"masters has too many players" ordeal that happened. I work full time, and don't get me wrong it isn't that big of a deal. Just an annoyance, for example, when I try to get a team game going and someone tells me to " F off gold scrub".


It means you got worse relatively to the other players in the region. I don't see what's so hard to see about that. People are improving at the game every day, you just either got worse, or didn't improve as much. That's not something the game can fix.



Well I just don't think it should be mandatory to play hundreds of games to get back the rank you rightly earned for several seasons. As I said, I work full time now and it just doesn't make since that I get demoted yet continue to play diamond/ plat players.

I got promoted again so it's really not a big deal. I'm just saying in the grand scheme of the game I don't agree with their approach.

EDIT: To me the game feels like it has few rewards other than the ladder system. But hey it's all good ;p


Being rank 2 doesn't mean anything though. Different divisions have different difficulties. I've been at 1600 points and rank 1 masters before, and I've been at 1600 points and rank 12 masters before. The only thing that determines your league is your mmr.


I understand how MMR works. I just didn't understand why I was getting demoted at the start of the season for no apparent reason, I was still playing diamond league players. I honestly think it was only because I didn't play as many games, but I really don't know.


(MMR decay + time) - effort = demotion

You can't be demoted during a season, so it waits till next season to demote you.



Thanks! Oh the mysteries of MMR
TL+ Member
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 576
Hyun 45
NotJumperer 43
Killer 36
Bale 33
scan(afreeca) 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Larva 15
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto139
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
ceh9539
edward125
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King82
Other Games
summit1g8351
Coldzera 710
olofmeister670
Happy264
Sick161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2291
League of Legends
• Jankos846
• Stunt369
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 57m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 57m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 57m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.