• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:52
CEST 04:52
KST 11:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7332 users

[Interview] Sora's interview after WCG Ro4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
egernya
Profile Joined March 2013
Canada352 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-18 05:30:44
August 18 2013 05:20 GMT
#1
Source: Naver/ Daily eSports
http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=e_sports&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=347&article_id=0000044293&date=20130817&page=1

[image loading]

Q. You were qualified as a member of the national players. How do you feel?

A. It hasn't sunk in yet. However, I feel like I will do well too in China.



Q. You became a national player at your first challenge. When did you expect this first?

A. I haven't. When I beat Curious at Ro16, I heard that it will be broadcast from Ro8, and suddenly became to eager to. I thought it was the best chance for me. People don't know what kind of plays I perform.



Q. People are curious about what kind of player you are.

A. I joined CJ this January. I train so hard, and I can confidently say that I am on a high rank on the team. A prepared top-class-rookie. Since release of HoTS, I was confident.



Q. We couldn't have seen you in proleague or individual leagues.

A. I was eliminated by Songduri in the same team last preliminary. There were no drafts, so I had no chance to acquire pro license. Actually, it's been only a while since I got semi-pro license.



Q. What did you do before becoming a progamer? (Translator: He's a rookie, but quite old. Born in 1991, the same age as Soulkey, RoRo, MC, MVP, and effort.)

A. I had worked for a general company for two years. Played SC2 as hobby for 3 years.



Q. You will meet Parting in the finals.

A. To be honest, I am not so confident, but I will do my best.



Q. You may have gotten some stress meeting Soulkey at Ro4.

A. I wasn't actually confident. But even on vacation, Effort and Bong helped me practicing. They helped me with builds and a lot detailed training. I cot confidence there.



Q. Your mother came to the stadium to cheer for you.

A. I thought only my brother would come(giggles). I saw mother during a game, and got surprised. I didn't make me nervous, but helped. I think I got adapted to broadcast environment.



Q. You seem not getting nervous easily.

A. My don't have a strong mental when I practice. However, it gets stronger when I play on TV. Coaches help me training my mental, so it's getting stronger.



Q. Last words?

A. I appreciate my teammates who helped me even on vacation. Happy to show a victory to my family and coaches. Now I became a national player, I will do my best with response.



+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not sure if it's fine with translating whole article from Daily eSports. If this can be a problem, please mods edit or delete this post. And also, please edit the title to "WCG KR"

NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
August 18 2013 05:22 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translation!
Moderatorlickypiddy
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
August 18 2013 05:23 GMT
#3
love this kid! so excited to see him in china!
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
DBS
Profile Joined July 2012
515 Posts
August 18 2013 05:24 GMT
#4
Sora is a total boss, thanks a ton for translating!
"a pitchfork is for hay. a trident is for killing bitches." -djwheat
TeslasPigeon
Profile Joined March 2012
464 Posts
August 18 2013 06:07 GMT
#5
Can't wait to see him when PvPL starts up. He better stay on the radar and not drop after initial success.
skatblast
Profile Joined September 2011
United States784 Posts
August 18 2013 06:53 GMT
#6
awesome interview, thanks
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 18 2013 07:14 GMT
#7
thanks for translating! Been wondering who Sora was, now I got my answer XD
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
GattAttack
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Canada202 Posts
August 18 2013 07:15 GMT
#8
Thanks for the translations! Though next time we need some (more) kingdom hearts photoshop greatness! :D
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
August 18 2013 07:35 GMT
#9
Thanks for the write up.
ReMinD_
Profile Joined May 2013
Croatia846 Posts
August 18 2013 09:13 GMT
#10
And they didn't even ask him what brand of chewing gum he uses.
Parting: Well, even I can make better maps than these.
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44304 Posts
August 18 2013 09:17 GMT
#11
On August 18 2013 18:13 ReMinD_ wrote:
And they didn't even ask him what brand of chewing gum he uses.


wow .. i never thought there are some people who wanted to know those trivial stuff
this is a quote
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
August 18 2013 09:23 GMT
#12
On August 18 2013 18:17 goody153 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2013 18:13 ReMinD_ wrote:
And they didn't even ask him what brand of chewing gum he uses.


wow .. i never thought there are some people who wanted to know those trivial stuff


trivial?? it could be the key to his success
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
itsdaniel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Austria335 Posts
August 18 2013 09:28 GMT
#13
I was thinking about Sora Aoi?!
OFFICIAL #1 STORK FAN // Stork:"This past week, there's a foreign fan named Daniel who got caught on the camera a few times. He came from Vienna in Austria to come and see me, and he wanted to be mentioned in one of my interviews."
ReMinD_
Profile Joined May 2013
Croatia846 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-18 09:29:27
August 18 2013 09:29 GMT
#14
On August 18 2013 18:23 jinorazi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2013 18:17 goody153 wrote:
On August 18 2013 18:13 ReMinD_ wrote:
And they didn't even ask him what brand of chewing gum he uses.


wow .. i never thought there are some people who wanted to know those trivial stuff


trivial?? it could be the key to his success


Indeed
Parting: Well, even I can make better maps than these.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
August 24 2013 03:56 GMT
#15
Thanks for the translation! We really need to get to know more about this guy, he just about came out of nowhere to shock the world (or at least TL ).
jjakji fan
AndAgain
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2621 Posts
August 24 2013 04:38 GMT
#16
Q. What did you do before becoming a progamer? (Translator: He's a rookie, but quite old. Born in 1991, the same age as Soulkey, RoRo, MC, MVP, and effort.)

A. I had worked for a general company for two years. Played SC2 as hobby for 3 years.


It doesn't get much more vague than "general company." lol
All your teeth should fall out and hair should grow in their place!
Pontius Pirate
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United States1557 Posts
August 24 2013 10:10 GMT
#17
People who come out of nowhere after being a part-time player for a while are exactly what keeps me excited about the future. And old new people have a certain dignified charm to them, too.
"I had to close the door so my parents wouldn't judge me." - ZombieGrub during the ShitfaceTradeTV stream
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft420
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft420
RuFF_SC2 132
Nina 86
-ZergGirl 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2348
Bale 17
yabsab 14
Terrorterran 3
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1163
taco 382
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox617
Other Games
summit1g7358
JimRising 687
Day[9].tv476
C9.Mang0375
WinterStarcraft219
ViBE172
Livibee143
Maynarde135
Sick130
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1065
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream129
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 15
• OhrlRock 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv476
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 9m
Stellar Fest
10h 9m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.