• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:38
CEST 19:38
KST 02:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11014 users

Major leaving Team 8 - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
359 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 18 Next All
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
June 18 2013 10:30 GMT
#241
On June 18 2013 15:27 bduddy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 13:03 Shinespark wrote:
On June 18 2013 12:59 dcemuser wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:27 IdrA wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:25 lim1017 wrote:
This probably means JD wont be returning to Team8 after his year contract with EG. If they are planning to cut 4 players

their star player might be available soon, they're clearing up budget: definitely not going to pick him up

Honestly, with Kespa reasoning, JD is probably one of the 4 "cut" players.

They still consider JD to be "on loan" to EG-TL and part of Team 8's roster. I would not be surprised to see JD "dropped" from Team 8 OR "return" to it.


Actually that was never the case. JD belongs in body and soul to EG. That annoucement was wrong and was rescinded within the day.

Body and soul, fellas.
I always thought that the recall clause was disclaimed, but no one ever denied that Jaedong was indeed on a 1-year loan.


the recall clause was rescinded but EG has never bothered to clarify the fact that KeSPA and Korean media call it a 'loan'
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
June 18 2013 10:53 GMT
#242
On June 18 2013 17:53 juicyjames wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 13:58 EFermi wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:10 Wombat_NI wrote:
Is Jaedong actually thought of as a real integral part of the Team 8 fabric? I know from the infamous 'PirateZerg' image that he was at Oz, but does Team 8 really have that kind of link with Jaedong in the eyes of the fans? Do Team 8 even really have a big fanbase if they're kind of a melting pot of various other teams and their players? I really don't know this, so would be interested to hear from some of the BW vets.

If not, I'd love to see him stick with EGTL. He does seem to be actually integrated pretty well there and not just there for the paycheck, and it lets us see a bit more of him at foreign tournaments.

Of course the real dream is an integrated teamleague. I don't know if it'll happen, and I don't think the ESF teams can compete with some of the small rosters given the PL format, but long term I do hope to see it. At this time, LGIM seem the only one that really resembles a big Proleague team, with their deep roster and many sponsors.


If Team 8 runs out of money, and EGTL decide to not continue, ESF and KESPA would be fools to not combine into one big team league.

Honestly, I think eSF and KeSPA may be forced to combine team leagues whether they want to or not.

GSTL ends in July, SPL probably ends in July or August. There's a good chance we could see a few disbands or pullouts on both sides.
  • How long is AZUBU going to last under all this controversy?
  • Will EG-TL return next season now that WCS is in full swing?
  • How long can Team 8 last without a sponsor?
Let's not forget a lot of eSF teams are probably hurting now that KeSPA is doing well in WCS and GSTL doesn't schedule teams to play constantly like SPL does. On top of all of this, that eSF-KeSPA trade lock expires in October.

If eSF and KeSPA don't work out a combined team league, things could look really ugly until they do.


EG-TL will return due to their recent results, at least that´s what I would expect. But there are some other teams that do not have the brightest future imo.
What about Prime? Or NSHS? To be honest, the only teams doing well in GSTL are the four on the top. No controversy, good results and money.
Pippah
Profile Joined January 2010
Denmark359 Posts
June 18 2013 11:20 GMT
#243
ahhhw ((((
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27414 Posts
June 18 2013 11:31 GMT
#244
On June 18 2013 19:53 JoeCool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 17:53 juicyjames wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:58 EFermi wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:10 Wombat_NI wrote:
Is Jaedong actually thought of as a real integral part of the Team 8 fabric? I know from the infamous 'PirateZerg' image that he was at Oz, but does Team 8 really have that kind of link with Jaedong in the eyes of the fans? Do Team 8 even really have a big fanbase if they're kind of a melting pot of various other teams and their players? I really don't know this, so would be interested to hear from some of the BW vets.

If not, I'd love to see him stick with EGTL. He does seem to be actually integrated pretty well there and not just there for the paycheck, and it lets us see a bit more of him at foreign tournaments.

Of course the real dream is an integrated teamleague. I don't know if it'll happen, and I don't think the ESF teams can compete with some of the small rosters given the PL format, but long term I do hope to see it. At this time, LGIM seem the only one that really resembles a big Proleague team, with their deep roster and many sponsors.


If Team 8 runs out of money, and EGTL decide to not continue, ESF and KESPA would be fools to not combine into one big team league.

Honestly, I think eSF and KeSPA may be forced to combine team leagues whether they want to or not.

GSTL ends in July, SPL probably ends in July or August. There's a good chance we could see a few disbands or pullouts on both sides.
  • How long is AZUBU going to last under all this controversy?
  • Will EG-TL return next season now that WCS is in full swing?
  • How long can Team 8 last without a sponsor?
Let's not forget a lot of eSF teams are probably hurting now that KeSPA is doing well in WCS and GSTL doesn't schedule teams to play constantly like SPL does. On top of all of this, that eSF-KeSPA trade lock expires in October.

If eSF and KeSPA don't work out a combined team league, things could look really ugly until they do.


EG-TL will return due to their recent results, at least that´s what I would expect. But there are some other teams that do not have the brightest future imo.
What about Prime? Or NSHS? To be honest, the only teams doing well in GSTL are the four on the top. No controversy, good results and money.

Axiom/Acer just aren't big enough to do much in PL in terms of roster size.

The main problem I foresee for a merge is that many of the eSF teams simply aren't big enough, roster size wise to do much in PL. Would have to be many mergers for them to be competitive imo. LGIM have insane depth and would do very well for sure, they really seem a natural fit but I don't see that with some of the others.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 11:56:11
June 18 2013 11:51 GMT
#245
On June 18 2013 20:31 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 19:53 JoeCool wrote:
On June 18 2013 17:53 juicyjames wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:58 EFermi wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:10 Wombat_NI wrote:
Is Jaedong actually thought of as a real integral part of the Team 8 fabric? I know from the infamous 'PirateZerg' image that he was at Oz, but does Team 8 really have that kind of link with Jaedong in the eyes of the fans? Do Team 8 even really have a big fanbase if they're kind of a melting pot of various other teams and their players? I really don't know this, so would be interested to hear from some of the BW vets.

If not, I'd love to see him stick with EGTL. He does seem to be actually integrated pretty well there and not just there for the paycheck, and it lets us see a bit more of him at foreign tournaments.

Of course the real dream is an integrated teamleague. I don't know if it'll happen, and I don't think the ESF teams can compete with some of the small rosters given the PL format, but long term I do hope to see it. At this time, LGIM seem the only one that really resembles a big Proleague team, with their deep roster and many sponsors.


If Team 8 runs out of money, and EGTL decide to not continue, ESF and KESPA would be fools to not combine into one big team league.

Honestly, I think eSF and KeSPA may be forced to combine team leagues whether they want to or not.

GSTL ends in July, SPL probably ends in July or August. There's a good chance we could see a few disbands or pullouts on both sides.
  • How long is AZUBU going to last under all this controversy?
  • Will EG-TL return next season now that WCS is in full swing?
  • How long can Team 8 last without a sponsor?
Let's not forget a lot of eSF teams are probably hurting now that KeSPA is doing well in WCS and GSTL doesn't schedule teams to play constantly like SPL does. On top of all of this, that eSF-KeSPA trade lock expires in October.

If eSF and KeSPA don't work out a combined team league, things could look really ugly until they do.


EG-TL will return due to their recent results, at least that´s what I would expect. But there are some other teams that do not have the brightest future imo.
What about Prime? Or NSHS? To be honest, the only teams doing well in GSTL are the four on the top. No controversy, good results and money.

Axiom/Acer just aren't big enough to do much in PL in terms of roster size.

The main problem I foresee for a merge is that many of the eSF teams simply aren't big enough, roster size wise to do much in PL. Would have to be many mergers for them to be competitive imo. LGIM have insane depth and would do very well for sure, they really seem a natural fit but I don't see that with some of the others.



Unless I'm missing something IM, MVP, FXOpen Korea and StarTale all have comparable numbers to KeSPA teams. Based on liquipedia at least.

Given Prime, NSHS and Axiom-Acer are probably all a little too small. AZUBU is big enough but given the recent stuff about that that came up I don't know where thats going.

Just hope that if they DO merge they don't keep the Proleague format. Not a fan, at all, and probably wouldn't watch it as much as I watch GSTL.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
June 18 2013 12:17 GMT
#246
On June 18 2013 20:51 -Celestial- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 20:31 Wombat_NI wrote:
On June 18 2013 19:53 JoeCool wrote:
On June 18 2013 17:53 juicyjames wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:58 EFermi wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:10 Wombat_NI wrote:
Is Jaedong actually thought of as a real integral part of the Team 8 fabric? I know from the infamous 'PirateZerg' image that he was at Oz, but does Team 8 really have that kind of link with Jaedong in the eyes of the fans? Do Team 8 even really have a big fanbase if they're kind of a melting pot of various other teams and their players? I really don't know this, so would be interested to hear from some of the BW vets.

If not, I'd love to see him stick with EGTL. He does seem to be actually integrated pretty well there and not just there for the paycheck, and it lets us see a bit more of him at foreign tournaments.

Of course the real dream is an integrated teamleague. I don't know if it'll happen, and I don't think the ESF teams can compete with some of the small rosters given the PL format, but long term I do hope to see it. At this time, LGIM seem the only one that really resembles a big Proleague team, with their deep roster and many sponsors.


If Team 8 runs out of money, and EGTL decide to not continue, ESF and KESPA would be fools to not combine into one big team league.

Honestly, I think eSF and KeSPA may be forced to combine team leagues whether they want to or not.

GSTL ends in July, SPL probably ends in July or August. There's a good chance we could see a few disbands or pullouts on both sides.
  • How long is AZUBU going to last under all this controversy?
  • Will EG-TL return next season now that WCS is in full swing?
  • How long can Team 8 last without a sponsor?
Let's not forget a lot of eSF teams are probably hurting now that KeSPA is doing well in WCS and GSTL doesn't schedule teams to play constantly like SPL does. On top of all of this, that eSF-KeSPA trade lock expires in October.

If eSF and KeSPA don't work out a combined team league, things could look really ugly until they do.


EG-TL will return due to their recent results, at least that´s what I would expect. But there are some other teams that do not have the brightest future imo.
What about Prime? Or NSHS? To be honest, the only teams doing well in GSTL are the four on the top. No controversy, good results and money.

Axiom/Acer just aren't big enough to do much in PL in terms of roster size.

The main problem I foresee for a merge is that many of the eSF teams simply aren't big enough, roster size wise to do much in PL. Would have to be many mergers for them to be competitive imo. LGIM have insane depth and would do very well for sure, they really seem a natural fit but I don't see that with some of the others.



Unless I'm missing something IM, MVP, FXOpen Korea and StarTale all have comparable numbers to KeSPA teams. Based on liquipedia at least.

Given Prime, NSHS and Axiom-Acer are probably all a little too small. AZUBU is big enough but given the recent stuff about that that came up I don't know where thats going.

Just hope that if they DO merge they don't keep the Proleague format. Not a fan, at all, and probably wouldn't watch it as much as I watch GSTL.


What's so wrong with SPL format?
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
June 18 2013 12:55 GMT
#247
On June 18 2013 20:31 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 19:53 JoeCool wrote:
On June 18 2013 17:53 juicyjames wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:58 EFermi wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:10 Wombat_NI wrote:
Is Jaedong actually thought of as a real integral part of the Team 8 fabric? I know from the infamous 'PirateZerg' image that he was at Oz, but does Team 8 really have that kind of link with Jaedong in the eyes of the fans? Do Team 8 even really have a big fanbase if they're kind of a melting pot of various other teams and their players? I really don't know this, so would be interested to hear from some of the BW vets.

If not, I'd love to see him stick with EGTL. He does seem to be actually integrated pretty well there and not just there for the paycheck, and it lets us see a bit more of him at foreign tournaments.

Of course the real dream is an integrated teamleague. I don't know if it'll happen, and I don't think the ESF teams can compete with some of the small rosters given the PL format, but long term I do hope to see it. At this time, LGIM seem the only one that really resembles a big Proleague team, with their deep roster and many sponsors.


If Team 8 runs out of money, and EGTL decide to not continue, ESF and KESPA would be fools to not combine into one big team league.

Honestly, I think eSF and KeSPA may be forced to combine team leagues whether they want to or not.

GSTL ends in July, SPL probably ends in July or August. There's a good chance we could see a few disbands or pullouts on both sides.
  • How long is AZUBU going to last under all this controversy?
  • Will EG-TL return next season now that WCS is in full swing?
  • How long can Team 8 last without a sponsor?
Let's not forget a lot of eSF teams are probably hurting now that KeSPA is doing well in WCS and GSTL doesn't schedule teams to play constantly like SPL does. On top of all of this, that eSF-KeSPA trade lock expires in October.

If eSF and KeSPA don't work out a combined team league, things could look really ugly until they do.


EG-TL will return due to their recent results, at least that´s what I would expect. But there are some other teams that do not have the brightest future imo.
What about Prime? Or NSHS? To be honest, the only teams doing well in GSTL are the four on the top. No controversy, good results and money.

Axiom/Acer just aren't big enough to do much in PL in terms of roster size.

The main problem I foresee for a merge is that many of the eSF teams simply aren't big enough, roster size wise to do much in PL. Would have to be many mergers for them to be competitive imo. LGIM have insane depth and would do very well for sure, they really seem a natural fit but I don't see that with some of the others.


Well, I don´t see the problem... If we take AA aside and replace them with FXO. What´s left? LGIM, MVP, ST and FXO. They are big enough and - as for FXO, maybe - strong enough. The other teams are not big enough and they aren´t performing very well either.
What I´m trying to say is, size doesn´t matter. Those with a decent size will have no problems, and those who are too small are performing horribly anyways. Let´s be honest it´s all about Prime/NSHS, and I doubt that both of these teams will exist much longer.
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
June 18 2013 13:02 GMT
#248
On June 18 2013 21:17 Targe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 20:51 -Celestial- wrote:
On June 18 2013 20:31 Wombat_NI wrote:
On June 18 2013 19:53 JoeCool wrote:
On June 18 2013 17:53 juicyjames wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:58 EFermi wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:10 Wombat_NI wrote:
Is Jaedong actually thought of as a real integral part of the Team 8 fabric? I know from the infamous 'PirateZerg' image that he was at Oz, but does Team 8 really have that kind of link with Jaedong in the eyes of the fans? Do Team 8 even really have a big fanbase if they're kind of a melting pot of various other teams and their players? I really don't know this, so would be interested to hear from some of the BW vets.

If not, I'd love to see him stick with EGTL. He does seem to be actually integrated pretty well there and not just there for the paycheck, and it lets us see a bit more of him at foreign tournaments.

Of course the real dream is an integrated teamleague. I don't know if it'll happen, and I don't think the ESF teams can compete with some of the small rosters given the PL format, but long term I do hope to see it. At this time, LGIM seem the only one that really resembles a big Proleague team, with their deep roster and many sponsors.


If Team 8 runs out of money, and EGTL decide to not continue, ESF and KESPA would be fools to not combine into one big team league.

Honestly, I think eSF and KeSPA may be forced to combine team leagues whether they want to or not.

GSTL ends in July, SPL probably ends in July or August. There's a good chance we could see a few disbands or pullouts on both sides.
  • How long is AZUBU going to last under all this controversy?
  • Will EG-TL return next season now that WCS is in full swing?
  • How long can Team 8 last without a sponsor?
Let's not forget a lot of eSF teams are probably hurting now that KeSPA is doing well in WCS and GSTL doesn't schedule teams to play constantly like SPL does. On top of all of this, that eSF-KeSPA trade lock expires in October.

If eSF and KeSPA don't work out a combined team league, things could look really ugly until they do.


EG-TL will return due to their recent results, at least that´s what I would expect. But there are some other teams that do not have the brightest future imo.
What about Prime? Or NSHS? To be honest, the only teams doing well in GSTL are the four on the top. No controversy, good results and money.

Axiom/Acer just aren't big enough to do much in PL in terms of roster size.

The main problem I foresee for a merge is that many of the eSF teams simply aren't big enough, roster size wise to do much in PL. Would have to be many mergers for them to be competitive imo. LGIM have insane depth and would do very well for sure, they really seem a natural fit but I don't see that with some of the others.



Unless I'm missing something IM, MVP, FXOpen Korea and StarTale all have comparable numbers to KeSPA teams. Based on liquipedia at least.

Given Prime, NSHS and Axiom-Acer are probably all a little too small. AZUBU is big enough but given the recent stuff about that that came up I don't know where thats going.

Just hope that if they DO merge they don't keep the Proleague format. Not a fan, at all, and probably wouldn't watch it as much as I watch GSTL.


What's so wrong with SPL format?


Just not a fan of the "individual 1v1s" setup, much prefer all-kill. Personally I feel it makes teams have to actually work and plan for the match as a whole as a team rather than just prepare for a specific matchup as a group of individuals. The way it plays out reminds me of substitutions and tactical changes in football matches.

The 1v1 proleague format is more structured, so whilst the individual games might be better (because you can plan more in advance for a specific matchup) you get less excitement in the match as a whole. You can't have a relatively unknown player suddenly come off the bench and take out Life or something, having been preparing one strategy all week on a specific map to snipe him. I like the mindgames.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
June 18 2013 13:29 GMT
#249
On June 18 2013 22:02 -Celestial- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 21:17 Targe wrote:
On June 18 2013 20:51 -Celestial- wrote:
On June 18 2013 20:31 Wombat_NI wrote:
On June 18 2013 19:53 JoeCool wrote:
On June 18 2013 17:53 juicyjames wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:58 EFermi wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:10 Wombat_NI wrote:
Is Jaedong actually thought of as a real integral part of the Team 8 fabric? I know from the infamous 'PirateZerg' image that he was at Oz, but does Team 8 really have that kind of link with Jaedong in the eyes of the fans? Do Team 8 even really have a big fanbase if they're kind of a melting pot of various other teams and their players? I really don't know this, so would be interested to hear from some of the BW vets.

If not, I'd love to see him stick with EGTL. He does seem to be actually integrated pretty well there and not just there for the paycheck, and it lets us see a bit more of him at foreign tournaments.

Of course the real dream is an integrated teamleague. I don't know if it'll happen, and I don't think the ESF teams can compete with some of the small rosters given the PL format, but long term I do hope to see it. At this time, LGIM seem the only one that really resembles a big Proleague team, with their deep roster and many sponsors.


If Team 8 runs out of money, and EGTL decide to not continue, ESF and KESPA would be fools to not combine into one big team league.

Honestly, I think eSF and KeSPA may be forced to combine team leagues whether they want to or not.

GSTL ends in July, SPL probably ends in July or August. There's a good chance we could see a few disbands or pullouts on both sides.
  • How long is AZUBU going to last under all this controversy?
  • Will EG-TL return next season now that WCS is in full swing?
  • How long can Team 8 last without a sponsor?
Let's not forget a lot of eSF teams are probably hurting now that KeSPA is doing well in WCS and GSTL doesn't schedule teams to play constantly like SPL does. On top of all of this, that eSF-KeSPA trade lock expires in October.

If eSF and KeSPA don't work out a combined team league, things could look really ugly until they do.


EG-TL will return due to their recent results, at least that´s what I would expect. But there are some other teams that do not have the brightest future imo.
What about Prime? Or NSHS? To be honest, the only teams doing well in GSTL are the four on the top. No controversy, good results and money.

Axiom/Acer just aren't big enough to do much in PL in terms of roster size.

The main problem I foresee for a merge is that many of the eSF teams simply aren't big enough, roster size wise to do much in PL. Would have to be many mergers for them to be competitive imo. LGIM have insane depth and would do very well for sure, they really seem a natural fit but I don't see that with some of the others.



Unless I'm missing something IM, MVP, FXOpen Korea and StarTale all have comparable numbers to KeSPA teams. Based on liquipedia at least.

Given Prime, NSHS and Axiom-Acer are probably all a little too small. AZUBU is big enough but given the recent stuff about that that came up I don't know where thats going.

Just hope that if they DO merge they don't keep the Proleague format. Not a fan, at all, and probably wouldn't watch it as much as I watch GSTL.


What's so wrong with SPL format?


Just not a fan of the "individual 1v1s" setup, much prefer all-kill. Personally I feel it makes teams have to actually work and plan for the match as a whole as a team rather than just prepare for a specific matchup as a group of individuals. The way it plays out reminds me of substitutions and tactical changes in football matches.

The 1v1 proleague format is more structured, so whilst the individual games might be better (because you can plan more in advance for a specific matchup) you get less excitement in the match as a whole. You can't have a relatively unknown player suddenly come off the bench and take out Life or something, having been preparing one strategy all week on a specific map to snipe him. I like the mindgames.


I'd actually say the better team wins with SPL setup whereas the team with the star players wins with all kill.
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Nothera
Profile Joined March 2013
Czech Republic14 Posts
June 18 2013 13:44 GMT
#250
One of the weaker links in Team 8 for sure. At least what I saw in the last few months. One does not simply lose to some newbie players in WCS US, when he's on Kespa team.
Wings of liberty - terran OP and zerg OP, HoTS terran OP and zerg OP...can't wait for Legacy of Void..hahahhaha
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
June 18 2013 13:46 GMT
#251
He was too low for Kespa...
Total Annihilation Zero
thirtyapm
Profile Joined January 2012
521 Posts
June 18 2013 13:49 GMT
#252
poor major..

good luck.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
June 18 2013 13:55 GMT
#253
On June 18 2013 22:46 TaShadan wrote:
He was too low for Kespa...


I agree; many people have talked about his potential, but Major hasn't really shown many good results (either in WoL or HotS, iirc), and there have been many other foreign Terrans who have consistently been better. Potential doesn't mean anything if it never gets unlocked and utilized effectively.

That being said, I think it's great he got this opportunity, and I hope he can use this experience to get better in the future. I wonder what team he'll bounce to next.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27414 Posts
June 18 2013 13:56 GMT
#254
On June 18 2013 21:55 JoeCool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 20:31 Wombat_NI wrote:
On June 18 2013 19:53 JoeCool wrote:
On June 18 2013 17:53 juicyjames wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:58 EFermi wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:10 Wombat_NI wrote:
Is Jaedong actually thought of as a real integral part of the Team 8 fabric? I know from the infamous 'PirateZerg' image that he was at Oz, but does Team 8 really have that kind of link with Jaedong in the eyes of the fans? Do Team 8 even really have a big fanbase if they're kind of a melting pot of various other teams and their players? I really don't know this, so would be interested to hear from some of the BW vets.

If not, I'd love to see him stick with EGTL. He does seem to be actually integrated pretty well there and not just there for the paycheck, and it lets us see a bit more of him at foreign tournaments.

Of course the real dream is an integrated teamleague. I don't know if it'll happen, and I don't think the ESF teams can compete with some of the small rosters given the PL format, but long term I do hope to see it. At this time, LGIM seem the only one that really resembles a big Proleague team, with their deep roster and many sponsors.


If Team 8 runs out of money, and EGTL decide to not continue, ESF and KESPA would be fools to not combine into one big team league.

Honestly, I think eSF and KeSPA may be forced to combine team leagues whether they want to or not.

GSTL ends in July, SPL probably ends in July or August. There's a good chance we could see a few disbands or pullouts on both sides.
  • How long is AZUBU going to last under all this controversy?
  • Will EG-TL return next season now that WCS is in full swing?
  • How long can Team 8 last without a sponsor?
Let's not forget a lot of eSF teams are probably hurting now that KeSPA is doing well in WCS and GSTL doesn't schedule teams to play constantly like SPL does. On top of all of this, that eSF-KeSPA trade lock expires in October.

If eSF and KeSPA don't work out a combined team league, things could look really ugly until they do.


EG-TL will return due to their recent results, at least that´s what I would expect. But there are some other teams that do not have the brightest future imo.
What about Prime? Or NSHS? To be honest, the only teams doing well in GSTL are the four on the top. No controversy, good results and money.

Axiom/Acer just aren't big enough to do much in PL in terms of roster size.

The main problem I foresee for a merge is that many of the eSF teams simply aren't big enough, roster size wise to do much in PL. Would have to be many mergers for them to be competitive imo. LGIM have insane depth and would do very well for sure, they really seem a natural fit but I don't see that with some of the others.


Well, I don´t see the problem... If we take AA aside and replace them with FXO. What´s left? LGIM, MVP, ST and FXO. They are big enough and - as for FXO, maybe - strong enough. The other teams are not big enough and they aren´t performing very well either.
What I´m trying to say is, size doesn´t matter. Those with a decent size will have no problems, and those who are too small are performing horribly anyways. Let´s be honest it´s all about Prime/NSHS, and I doubt that both of these teams will exist much longer.

Weirdly enough I actually went and checked and LGIM actually have a smaller listed roster than the other ones, albeit MC would likely be added. What they do have is a lot of quality players who are doing well in the individual leagues at present, would definitely love to see them competing if a team drops out of Proleague for sure, more for curiosity's sake but I do think they'd do well.

However, I do like the GSTL as a competition, it does appear to be a bit on the decline of late although I do enjoy the games.

How do people feel EGTL would be doing in GSTL? I realise the merger was kind of a one-off for Proleague reasons, but I would definitely fancy their chances in the allkill format as well. They've now gotten a solid supporting cast to go with Taeja's multikill madness

'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
xsnac
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Barbados1365 Posts
June 18 2013 14:05 GMT
#255
On June 18 2013 22:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 22:46 TaShadan wrote:
He was too low for Kespa...


I agree; many people have talked about his potential, but Major hasn't really shown many good results (either in WoL or HotS, iirc), and there have been many other foreign Terrans who have consistently been better. Potential doesn't mean anything if it never gets unlocked and utilized effectively.

That being said, I think it's great he got this opportunity, and I hope he can use this experience to get better in the future. I wonder what team he'll bounce to next.



he was top5 in house ranking . how is that low ?

i hope EG picks him up.
1/4 \pi \epsilon_0
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 14:13:07
June 18 2013 14:10 GMT
#256
On June 18 2013 23:05 xsnac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 22:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 18 2013 22:46 TaShadan wrote:
He was too low for Kespa...


I agree; many people have talked about his potential, but Major hasn't really shown many good results (either in WoL or HotS, iirc), and there have been many other foreign Terrans who have consistently been better. Potential doesn't mean anything if it never gets unlocked and utilized effectively.

That being said, I think it's great he got this opportunity, and I hope he can use this experience to get better in the future. I wonder what team he'll bounce to next.



he was top5 in house ranking . how is that low ?

i hope EG picks him up.


Top 5... for Team 8, right? And even if he held a top five position, surely there were many more players who saw at least a little more tournament time than he did.

EDIT: I think EG picking him up would be a bit unnecessary, and- at best- redundant... Thorzain and DeMuslim are both better Terran foreigners, and Alive is obviously better too. (I don't know how Major compares to Xenocider; I don't know much about Xeno.)
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
June 18 2013 14:17 GMT
#257
On June 18 2013 17:53 juicyjames wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 13:58 EFermi wrote:
On June 18 2013 13:10 Wombat_NI wrote:
Is Jaedong actually thought of as a real integral part of the Team 8 fabric? I know from the infamous 'PirateZerg' image that he was at Oz, but does Team 8 really have that kind of link with Jaedong in the eyes of the fans? Do Team 8 even really have a big fanbase if they're kind of a melting pot of various other teams and their players? I really don't know this, so would be interested to hear from some of the BW vets.

If not, I'd love to see him stick with EGTL. He does seem to be actually integrated pretty well there and not just there for the paycheck, and it lets us see a bit more of him at foreign tournaments.

Of course the real dream is an integrated teamleague. I don't know if it'll happen, and I don't think the ESF teams can compete with some of the small rosters given the PL format, but long term I do hope to see it. At this time, LGIM seem the only one that really resembles a big Proleague team, with their deep roster and many sponsors.


If Team 8 runs out of money, and EGTL decide to not continue, ESF and KESPA would be fools to not combine into one big team league.

Honestly, I think eSF and KeSPA may be forced to combine team leagues whether they want to or not.

GSTL ends in July, SPL probably ends in July or August. There's a good chance we could see a few disbands or pullouts on both sides.
  • How long is AZUBU going to last under all this controversy?
  • Will EG-TL return next season now that WCS is in full swing?
  • How long can Team 8 last without a sponsor?
Let's not forget a lot of eSF teams are probably hurting now that KeSPA is doing well in WCS and GSTL doesn't schedule teams to play constantly like SPL does. On top of all of this, that eSF-KeSPA trade lock expires in October.

If eSF and KeSPA don't work out a combined team league, things could look really ugly until they do.


I really hope this happens. With many player contracts running out about that time (I think), some restructuring needs to happen in order to avoid ugly buy-out situations. A unified team league would be a decisive step towards stabilizing Korean SC2. GOM and OGN taking turns at WCS already works, they could do so for Proleague as well. Also, it would be awesome.
Reborn8u
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1761 Posts
June 18 2013 14:21 GMT
#258
I know this might sound crazy at first glance, but I'd really like to see EG or TL pick him up. This guy has definitely worked his ass off to get on team 8, he doesn't have good results but he has experience and is already adapting to the korean lifestyle. I think living in a team house under coach Park, and surrounded by the caliber of EG-TL players in korea, we could see some results from him.
:)
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
June 18 2013 14:26 GMT
#259
On June 18 2013 23:21 Reborn8u wrote:
I know this might sound crazy at first glance, but I'd really like to see EG or TL pick him up. This guy has definitely worked his ass off to get on team 8, he doesn't have good results but he has experience and is already adapting to the korean lifestyle. I think living in a team house under coach Park, and surrounded by the caliber of EG-TL players in korea, we could see some results from him.


I wouldn't expect TL to pick him up, he doesn't seem a fit.
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Spectralx
Profile Joined November 2010
United States198 Posts
June 18 2013 14:34 GMT
#260
Good go buddy. We will all be watching and waiting. <3
Spectral - Paralyzed Quadriplegic Gamer
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 331
UpATreeSC 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1383
actioN 465
BeSt 215
Dewaltoss 166
firebathero 85
Barracks 59
Zeus 57
Sexy 40
Trap 37
soO 28
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 23
JYJ 19
Shine 19
zelot 16
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7486
qojqva2151
Dendi848
420jenkins168
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps982
Fnx 791
x6flipin444
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5678
crisheroes5258
Liquid`Hasu631
Other Games
Beastyqt647
B2W.Neo547
ceh9475
byalli379
ArmadaUGS161
Khaldor155
KnowMe142
C9.Mang0132
TKL 108
BRAT_OK 76
Trikslyr56
Railgan9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV260
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream129
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH302
• StrangeGG 59
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 56
• blackmanpl 21
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix7
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV434
League of Legends
• Nemesis3708
• TFBlade953
Other Games
• Shiphtur318
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 22m
Stellar Fest
19h 22m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.