• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:02
CEST 00:02
KST 07:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7019 users

StarCraft 2 QQ Thread

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
October 25 2012 07:10 GMT
#1
This is obviously a thread that was inspired by the Dota 2 QQ thread. With the introduction of Dota 2, the game has had an influx new players with no prior experience to the the DotA map mod as many veterans have in WC3. As a result many players experience much grief due to the inexperience of new players to such an unreasonable degree that they find it almost impossible to contain their grief. So as an outlet, the QQ thread was born.

Here I will do the same for SC2. Although SC2 is primarily considered a 1v1 game, there are many who play team games. If you wish to refute the discussion of team games because of how invalid they are in competitive play, then please take your case to the many "Doomsday" SC2 threads that are floating around. You may find that SC2 is slightly lacking in the casual department that many of us working individuals dwell in (if you are in a different department then good for you!).

But of course this does not only pertain to team games, but also to 1v1 and possibly custom games. If there is grief over a 1v1 game, let us not turn the thread into a terrible balance whine with players attacking one another, because then I would have to report my own thread to a mod, which would suck. We're all simply here to share our grief and sympathize with each other.

Alas here is my QQ that pushed me into creating this thread.

I played a 2v2 which was a PZ v TZ with me as Zerg on the PZ side. The team we were up against were a pair of very BM individuals looking to boast their ego in team games as they were Low Master Players with very few games played during the season (less that 5 won games). So I really wanted to win since I was formerly an active 1v1 mid-master player with many games under my belt, from hindsight my desire to win a team game was probably my downfall.

The game starts out with my teammate opting to go for a proxy 2 gate which did very little damage. I attempted to supplement his rush with large amount of zerglings and banelings but I had to pull back because my opponent had built 3 bunkers and a couple of banelings in defense (of course I did not suicide my offensive force and saved them for mid-game antics).

So with the once competitive mindset I used to have while laddering 1v1 before switching to DotA 2, I quickly understood that it was pointless to continue on the offensive and focus on my macro in order to make something happen later in the game. It turns out that the drills that I've done for practice were left instilled in my mind after so long, so I ended up completely outmacroing my Zerg opponent in units, upgrades and economy. For his Terran partner, if it were a 1v1 situation, the game would've been a joke for me,.

Well what made me QQ? My Protoss partner had done jack fucking shit. He remained on 2 base, tier 2, lack of upgrades and terribly small army size despite the amount of time we had spent in the game. Let you remind you also that it was my army reserve that thwarted any attacks from both opponents, leaving my protoss ally to do whatever he wanted to do. When you're entering the late game with a handful of colossus and a few stalkers, I'm firmly led to believe that you're AFK. Because I would think that a normal human being with a good education and a sound mind would be capable of spending your surplus of resources.

Nevertheless the game went to a point of no return for me and I decided to have a last Hurrah after some banter announcing my displeasure with my teammate. Soon after my army was defeated and ridiculed despite being 2v1, adding salt to my wound my teammate sequentially left the game promptly indicating that he was there the entire time despite my cries for assistance (I asked VERY kindly mind you).

In the end my egotistical opponent accomplished their goal of increasing their e-peen as well as getting a good laugh out of my deplorable game. I must say, after all the thick skin I had developed over the 2 years of playing SC2 since release, that little predicament left me rather saddened, even to the extent of creating this thread.

Oh woe is I. I hope you guys share your own stories so that my thread does not look like a disguised rant thread =( Surely we've all been in those situations, and can lend you a shoulder to lean on.
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:13:09
October 25 2012 07:12 GMT
#2
For a second I thought this was the Chinese SC2 correspondence thread to share QQ accounts...
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
October 25 2012 07:18 GMT
#3
first of all, you are in the fault for raging so hard over a game
second, your teammate might just be a bad player, dont need to rage over him, what if next game you play with a high masters guy or something and he makes another thread stating how bad you are?
thirdly, while your opponents may be bm and cocky, so are a shitton of ppl, you probably are too, since most ppl rage cause of ego......

so, instead of raging and qqing on this thread, look at the brighter side, at least you know you did decently in the game, hope for a better partner and then just put this game to past
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 25 2012 07:19 GMT
#4
There is already so much QQing everywhere about everything lol
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
October 25 2012 07:31 GMT
#5
On October 25 2012 16:18 X3GoldDot wrote:
first of all, you are in the fault for raging so hard over a game
second, your teammate might just be a bad player, dont need to rage over him, what if next game you play with a high masters guy or something and he makes another thread stating how bad you are?
thirdly, while your opponents may be bm and cocky, so are a shitton of ppl, you probably are too, since most ppl rage cause of ego......

so, instead of raging and qqing on this thread, look at the brighter side, at least you know you did decently in the game, hope for a better partner and then just put this game to past


Mm I expected a response like this so I understand how your perspective of me is. My days of raging are long gone, and I mean really I used to rage hard, I made QQ's blogs that got me banned for 3 days. I was just really sad from this game, I wanted to win which was admittedly my fault and after failing after that commitment I could'n't help but feel sad.

However, I disagree your argument against the creation of this thread. The Dota 2 QQ thread was allowed with situations exactly as you have described arising. I myself am one of those Dota 2 noobs that people will complain about. You just have to take that QQ with a positive outlook. Those guys don't look for every opportunity to put you down, it's only your fault that they have done so. If you want to be a better player then that's just the attitude you have to adopt. I mean how else did I promote myself to Masters from diamond?
Atthasit
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation81 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 07:32:04
October 25 2012 07:31 GMT
#6
This is why I personally gave up team games in SC2. Rather be a 1v1 diamond scrub with a life, at least I know that no one can screw with my results in my games.
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
October 25 2012 07:42 GMT
#7
Fuck Zerg's, they're still complain about Protoss and Terran while Zerg is winning every shit...
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
BoxingKangaroo
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Japan955 Posts
October 25 2012 07:47 GMT
#8
The last thing we need is to make SC2 similar to DOTA wrt to QQ. Don't encourage it.
Malpractice.248
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States734 Posts
October 25 2012 07:51 GMT
#9
On October 25 2012 16:47 BoxingKangaroo wrote:
The last thing we need is to make SC2 similar to DOTA wrt to QQ. Don't encourage it.

Arent you... qqing about qqing?
bGr.MetHiX
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria511 Posts
October 25 2012 07:53 GMT
#10
NexCa +1
Top50 GM EU Protoss from Bulgaria. Streaming with commentary : www.twitch.tv/hwbgmethix
Demicore
Profile Joined October 2011
France503 Posts
October 25 2012 11:27 GMT
#11
Excellently written OP Mr Snuggles!

I wish I had some actual QQ to contribute but I'm not really the kind to QQ; I just fucking love the game.

My only gripe is the silliness of late game battles in general; I wish they could last more than a handful of seconds. Everything does so much damage / is so weak. Oh well, timings ftw!
"I love male nipples in starcraft; the two go together so well." ~Tasteless
GunHogz
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada47 Posts
October 25 2012 11:46 GMT
#12
QQ thread, I think this is pointless and QQ is just annoying.
I think this should be taken down
Leafboy
Profile Joined February 2012
Belgium12 Posts
October 25 2012 11:48 GMT
#13
These kind of thread belong in battle net forums where they are legion . I hope this one will be closed since team liquid is a community with a positive mindset ( for the most part).
This leads nowhere and nothing good can come out of this. If you can't stand playing with guys that are worse than you, don't play random team games ...
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
October 25 2012 20:13 GMT
#14
Well this was a pretty big failure, I thought people would enjoy having a thread like this more like our Dota 2 counter-part, http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=310452
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
October 25 2012 20:22 GMT
#15
Please close the thread. QQ is already over the top. We don't need another place.
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
October 25 2012 20:50 GMT
#16
I LOVE STARCRAFT! :D
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
October 25 2012 20:52 GMT
#17
On October 25 2012 16:12 Caihead wrote:
For a second I thought this was the Chinese SC2 correspondence thread to share QQ accounts...

That was my first thought as well, turns out I was gravely mistaken. I would have preferred the former.
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
October 25 2012 21:10 GMT
#18
Zerg is OP. QQ.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
Advantageous
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
China1350 Posts
January 02 2013 09:05 GMT
#19
Zerg is broken as shit. I lost because he can base race with zerglings and mutas while i have to sit in 1 place with all my units and defend. Zerg takes no skills and all they do is fucking macro. no micro needed to play this shitty race. Oh fungal is micro? sorry putting infestors in another group and moving them around is super hard. fucking noob race. TL;DR Zerg is OP QQ.
"Because I am BossToss" -MC ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ I'm sure that all of my fellow class mates viewed me as the Adonis of the Class of 2015 already. -Xenocider, EG, ieF 2013 Champion.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
January 02 2013 09:15 GMT
#20
I hate how people can flame me, then block me and then continue to spam me while I can't reply! Blizzard pls consider nerfing bunkers to address this problem /QQ
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 103
JuggernautJason51
ViBE10
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 582
firebathero 78
Zeus 67
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever444
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Counter-Strike
minikerr1
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS99
PPMD43
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5624
Liquid`Hasu1684
Other Games
summit1g6895
shahzam525
byalli462
C9.Mang0128
UpATreeSC67
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 58m
Stellar Fest
14h 58m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.