• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:43
CEST 05:43
KST 12:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7979 users

Destiny on where he thinks SC2 is heading. - Page 94

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 105 Next
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
November 04 2012 20:12 GMT
#1861
On November 05 2012 05:10 Dujek wrote:
Starcraft 2 has 2 streams and most people are watching both. I'd bet that SC2 is only at around 60-70k (still impressive) viewers atm.


red itself had almost 80k oO
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
[NSL]BansheeHero
Profile Joined February 2011
Czech Republic143 Posts
November 04 2012 20:13 GMT
#1862
Its somewhat suspicious that posts about "doomsday" and "we need to do this" is coming from a team that did not make it and/or players that could not make it all. Surely few of them could have succeeded disregarding the slow growth.

But I learned so many important lessons today. Like if you invest into marketing you can expect some ROI. Cool, this must somewhat 300 or maybe more years old. I was wondering if something like this: Saturating a market full of enthusiast does not help the growth of it. So no matter how happier we get it will not help the growth more then other factors.

Still Blizzard could do a better job so get drop your pitchforks and get some signs with "The end is here" .
Today I settled all family business so don't tell me what is imba. Admit what you did.
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
November 04 2012 20:14 GMT
#1863
I'm still hoping they will eventually change high ground advantage into something else and make unit interaction interesting on par of BW TvP... I juts loved that match up ;_;
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
November 04 2012 20:15 GMT
#1864
On November 05 2012 05:12 KalWarkov wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2012 05:10 Dujek wrote:
Starcraft 2 has 2 streams and most people are watching both. I'd bet that SC2 is only at around 60-70k (still impressive) viewers atm.


red itself had almost 80k oO

Plus 5k more on the French stream apparently.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
mtn
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
729 Posts
November 04 2012 20:17 GMT
#1865
Fuck destiny. Sorry but man who cares what he says. He is just a big failure.

SC2 is better off not havin sneaky snakes like him anymore.

User was temp banned for this post.
Hopefol
Profile Joined October 2010
United States24 Posts
November 04 2012 20:17 GMT
#1866
So many valid points destiny. I'm in love with sc2 and to see it lose to lol pisses me off. ㅈㅈ
Hopefol.380 Terran - HopefolFever.693 Zerg (PTR) <-- i think my PTR code is right, might be wrong. zorry!
Doomwish
Profile Joined July 2011
438 Posts
November 04 2012 20:25 GMT
#1867
On November 05 2012 05:10 Dujek wrote:
Starcraft 2 has 2 streams and most people are watching both. I'd bet that SC2 is only at around 60-70k (still impressive) viewers atm.


also that number doesnt count people watching on mlg site. which i actually do w/out using twitch . also they have an own3d stream as well.
HeavenResign
Profile Joined April 2011
United States702 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-04 21:11:22
November 04 2012 20:29 GMT
#1868
MagnuMizer
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Denmark384 Posts
November 04 2012 20:30 GMT
#1869
I think the statements that Destiny makes are just his sad perspective. He realized he is unable to go any further with the game himself, both skill- and popularity-wise, therefore he says the game is "dying". And note; does nothing about it to prevent this "theoretical death". He himself has switched over to LoL - he himself is part of the cause of said "death". It's just that I don't understand why he makes this statement, is he just trying to justify leaving the game to go accumulate more/other fans? What's the point in publicly stating that a game is dying when you don't even care about the game?
I've tried LoL, and compared to Starcraft2, the game is utter shit. Now that is just my personal opinion, but I am playing Starcraft2, if I were to like LoL more then I would be on their forums and not here.
My point is just that Destiny makes a final statement that causes fear and paranoia about something many people love, right before leaving to play one of the "rival" games. If I may be perfectly honest, this man is no good for the Starcraft community, I wish him well in his attempt with LoL. But if he decides to come back for HotS, you won't see me with open arms...
HorsemasterK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States606 Posts
November 04 2012 20:36 GMT
#1870
Someone should write an overly aggressive article about where Destiny is heading.
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
November 04 2012 20:40 GMT
#1871
On November 05 2012 05:30 MagnuMizer wrote:
I think the statements that Destiny makes are just his sad perspective. He realized he is unable to go any further with the game himself, both skill- and popularity-wise, therefore he says the game is "dying". And note; does nothing about it to prevent this "theoretical death". He himself has switched over to LoL - he himself is part of the cause of said "death". It's just that I don't understand why he makes this statement, is he just trying to justify leaving the game to go accumulate more/other fans? What's the point in publicly stating that a game is dying when you don't even care about the game?
I've tried LoL, and compared to Starcraft2, the game is utter shit. Now that is just my personal opinion, but I am playing Starcraft2, if I were to like LoL more then I would be on their forums and not here.
My point is just that Destiny makes a final statement that causes fear and paranoia about something many people love, right before leaving to play one of the "rival" games. If I may be perfectly honest, this man is no good for the Starcraft community, I wish him well in his attempt with LoL. But if he decides to come back for HotS, you won't see me with open arms...


I agree. I hope he leaves and takes his immature trolls with him. This community would be so much better off.
Doomwish
Profile Joined July 2011
438 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-04 20:42:19
November 04 2012 20:41 GMT
#1872
On November 05 2012 05:30 MagnuMizer wrote:
I think the statements that Destiny makes are just his sad perspective. He realized he is unable to go any further with the game himself, both skill- and popularity-wise, therefore he says the game is "dying". And note; does nothing about it to prevent this "theoretical death". He himself has switched over to LoL - he himself is part of the cause of said "death". It's just that I don't understand why he makes this statement, is he just trying to justify leaving the game to go accumulate more/other fans? What's the point in publicly stating that a game is dying when you don't even care about the game?
I've tried LoL, and compared to Starcraft2, the game is utter shit. Now that is just my personal opinion, but I am playing Starcraft2, if I were to like LoL more then I would be on their forums and not here.
My point is just that Destiny makes a final statement that causes fear and paranoia about something many people love, right before leaving to play one of the "rival" games. If I may be perfectly honest, this man is no good for the Starcraft community, I wish him well in his attempt with LoL. But if he decides to come back for HotS, you won't see me with open arms...


Personally I think his motivation is something along the lines of the classic " if I cant have it then none of you will " . Of course that's just speculation and he does make relevant points , but it makes sense considering the direction his SC2 career was heading ( less and less a relevant competitor and more towards a maximus black without the charm)

I think this MLG showed SC2 is still going strong, it may not have the popularity of LoL, but it most certainly is not dead.
Schnullerbacke13
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1199 Posts
November 04 2012 20:43 GMT
#1873
On November 05 2012 05:15 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2012 05:12 KalWarkov wrote:
On November 05 2012 05:10 Dujek wrote:
Starcraft 2 has 2 streams and most people are watching both. I'd bet that SC2 is only at around 60-70k (still impressive) viewers atm.


red itself had almost 80k oO

Plus 5k more on the French stream apparently.


+ 5..10k on own3d streams !
21 is half the truth
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
November 04 2012 20:45 GMT
#1874
Destiny just became desperate, end of story. Don't worry about what he says.

Look at this MLG: 80k viewers, hype as fuck, incredible games, the rise of Flash. SC2 is doing quite well no doubt :-)

TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
November 04 2012 20:47 GMT
#1875
On November 05 2012 05:30 MagnuMizer wrote:
I think the statements that Destiny makes are just his sad perspective. He realized he is unable to go any further with the game himself, both skill- and popularity-wise, therefore he says the game is "dying". And note; does nothing about it to prevent this "theoretical death". He himself has switched over to LoL - he himself is part of the cause of said "death". It's just that I don't understand why he makes this statement, is he just trying to justify leaving the game to go accumulate more/other fans? What's the point in publicly stating that a game is dying when you don't even care about the game?
I've tried LoL, and compared to Starcraft2, the game is utter shit. Now that is just my personal opinion, but I am playing Starcraft2, if I were to like LoL more then I would be on their forums and not here.
My point is just that Destiny makes a final statement that causes fear and paranoia about something many people love, right before leaving to play one of the "rival" games. If I may be perfectly honest, this man is no good for the Starcraft community, I wish him well in his attempt with LoL. But if he decides to come back for HotS, you won't see me with open arms...

Damn you just said everything i wanted to say!
''you got to yolo things up to win''
pprrii
Profile Joined September 2012
Russian Federation216 Posts
November 04 2012 20:58 GMT
#1876
On November 05 2012 05:43 Schnullerbacke13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2012 05:15 eviltomahawk wrote:
On November 05 2012 05:12 KalWarkov wrote:
On November 05 2012 05:10 Dujek wrote:
Starcraft 2 has 2 streams and most people are watching both. I'd bet that SC2 is only at around 60-70k (still impressive) viewers atm.


red itself had almost 80k oO

Plus 5k more on the French stream apparently.


+ 5..10k on own3d streams !

+ 5k (2.5+2.5) from 2 russians stream
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-04 21:03:24
November 04 2012 21:02 GMT
#1877
I think you cannot judge the success or failure of a game by comparing it to other games. Not in this case at least.

If you look at SC2 by itself, I think its slowly getting better and better. This MLG Ive seen games that were very good and kept me on the edge of my seat.

And peaking at 75k viewers is a pretty big deal. Compare that to the numbers MLG had back then, and its a huge improvement. You cannot come from left field and say something like "but LoL has 2x that number! SC2 is not doing well!"

Thats just ignorant and idiotic and on the level of what Destiny would say.
Skol
MichaelDonovan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1453 Posts
November 04 2012 21:04 GMT
#1878
Woooow some of the destiny bashing posts in this thread are absolutely ridiculous. Saying things like "hey look at the mlg stream numbers! obviously destiny wrote this article as a publicity stunt because he's failing at the game!" What the fuck guys? Do you really think that's true? Destiny wrote this article because he is genuinely concerned. And EVEN IF it turns out that he was wrong or overreacting, that is by no means a reason to conclude that he had some dishonest intentions when writing his article. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Realize that you are posting about a real person who has feelings and shit. He may feel distant because you only see him on your screen but I bet none of you would say these things to his face. Settle down please.
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
November 04 2012 21:14 GMT
#1879
On November 05 2012 05:45 Seldentar wrote:
Destiny just became desperate, end of story. Don't worry about what he says.

Look at this MLG: 80k viewers, hype as fuck, incredible games, the rise of Flash. SC2 is doing quite well no doubt :-)



SC2 viewership never changed, Destiny just got jealous or intimidated of League of Legends. Big SC2 tournaments always peak around 100-200k or so. Streams are always in the low thousands except some outlying popular streamers. Day9 dailies usually have low thousands, etc... it's always been like that.

I don't understand why people think SC2 should have a big casual base. Casual gaming has changed, challenging strategy games with huge depth like SC2 are a niche nowadays and it's actually pretty incredible that so many people watch it. Casuals only play the easy games... League, COD. And please don't try to argue that League isn't an easy game because you're playing against other people. The biggest casual noobs can play League, lose a game horribly and blame their teammates, and then feel like a god in the next. Nothing changes the fact that the gameplay is extremely restrictive and lacking depth, just the way the casuals like it.
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
November 04 2012 21:19 GMT
#1880
On November 05 2012 05:17 mtn wrote:
Fuck destiny. Sorry but man who cares what he says. He is just a big failure.

SC2 is better off not havin sneaky snakes like him anymore.

User was temp banned for this post.

That sneaky snake comment was uncalled for.
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 256
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 274
Dewaltoss 174
Bale 22
Terrorterran 17
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 818
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Other Games
summit1g13474
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1291
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 17m
Replay Cast
19h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.