• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:41
CEST 00:41
KST 07:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8691 users

[Program] Hotkey Trainer - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
July 31 2012 16:59 GMT
#21
On July 31 2012 19:02 Snusmumriken wrote:
good stuff., but not really that useful. For example its not very useful to know how to make "camera7", I only need to know how to make basecamera etc. but yeah.

could also do with more stuff such as "build techlab" etc. "lift building" etc. Also for the core, knowingthat button x is "controlgroup y" doesnt really matter, something like "select vikings", "add to army" etc. makes more sense as that is what you wnat to learn. The harassmentkeys could be numbered though.

What I mean by all this is that you could specifically modify the program for thecore. Seeing as there are already suggested control groups for every race.


If you look at the bottom of the config.ini file you can name the control groups. I would like to add common sequences of actions, going to have to make a more advanced customization for it though, it is in the works.

On July 31 2012 19:12 Castor385 wrote:
How can I test Protoss hotkeys with this?


Look at the config.ini, switch race to protoss

On July 31 2012 21:36 Kaz_Coaching wrote:
Would be nice to have a skip option for when the program doesn't read the command correctly.

Commands that aren't recognized.

Alt (by itself).
Shift + BracketOpen is read as Shift + Braceleft
Shift + BracketClose is read as Shift + braceright


I fixed the brace, as well as added so you can skip by clicking on the window. Thanks for the help!

On July 31 2012 21:50 ben.stpierre wrote:
Could you release the python script as well as the exe?

I'm on a Mac at work (which has python installed).



Added a link to download the source.
Zerg #1
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 18:56:58
July 31 2012 18:50 GMT
#22
I'm using TheCore RRM 0.3.3, and in the .SC2Hotkeys file it seems like the hotkey for infernal preigniter is not specified, probably because it is the same as the default hotkey (I). When infernal preigniter came up in the program, it did not have the default value, so it would accept nothing as the correct answer and I had to skip it.

Thanks for your hard work on this! It's awesome :D

Edit: Looking through the code, you do have a system for using default values, but it seems you forgot the preigniter upgrade in there, although you did add it as a possible command to train.
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
August 02 2012 21:13 GMT
#23
Would it be possible to create a setting that would force the program to give you every command once before repeating any commands? Given the nature of randomness, you get a lot of repetition and miss out on a lot of the possible commands, which is helpful in some ways, but it would be nice to enforce having to learn everything.
bisl
Profile Joined October 2011
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 06:44:18
August 03 2012 06:25 GMT
#24
I like it! I'm using TheCore RLM 0.3.3, which unfortunately shares some keybinds with Standard; specifically, things like Glial Reconstitution and Grooved Spines, which are both G in both bindsets, as well as control groups 2-4, which are on Ctrl/Shift-2, Ctrl/Shift-3, Ctrl/Shift-4.

It seems that only keybinds that differ from Standard are saved to the SC2Hotkeys file, and when I land on these prompts in the program I just fail despite pressing the correct key. Moreover, in these cases it doesn't display the correct keybind, presumably, because it doesn't have the info from the SC2Hotkeys file.

Thanks for doing this though! After playing righty as a born-lefty for about fourteen years, TheCore is quite a challenge and I think this could help me quite a bit.

Edit: upon further inspection, this is the same thing posted by jdub two posts above me.
Edit: Apparently when using TheCore RLM 0.3.3, Create Control Group 0 (Ctrl-Tab) incorrectly recognizes Ctrl-Tab as Tab.
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
August 03 2012 14:48 GMT
#25
Looking into which defaults I missed that the core uses.

(Note for people that are curious, the SC2Hotkeys file leaves out a key if the default key is used, so I have to manually put in the defaults)
Zerg #1
bisl
Profile Joined October 2011
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 15:32:44
August 03 2012 15:31 GMT
#26
I did a little tinkering and using ControlGroupAppend0, ControlGroupAssign0, and ControlGroupRecall0 as examples, I added in the keystrokes for control groups 2-4 which match TheCore. Worked a lot better, but things like Glial, Grooved Spines, Infestor Energy (I think) are still missing from the sc2hotkeys file and I have no idea how the game refers to them.

In a pinch I guess I could just make a dummy profile that changes exactly the keys that I find to be missing, but this is a highly iterative process and from the sound of it, the defaults are there and just need to be turned on, in a sense. Also I can't boot up SC2 to generate these new SC2Hotkey files at work

Also I guess for the record, I'm pretty far off the reservation, using both left-handed TheCore and also configuring hotkey trainer to prompt for upgrade keys, which defaults to false in config.ini.
kamyker
Profile Joined August 2012
Poland6 Posts
August 06 2012 12:29 GMT
#27
Bug: right Alt working as Ctrl+Alt
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
August 06 2012 12:40 GMT
#28
Grid is the best, imo
kamyker
Profile Joined August 2012
Poland6 Posts
August 06 2012 12:44 GMT
#29
"Center camera on Selection" doesn't work when i click alt
Skytt
Profile Joined June 2011
Scotland333 Posts
August 06 2012 13:10 GMT
#30
Doesnt work with numkeys which I have all camera keys bound too (I use a Naga for them)
Mastertoy
Profile Joined July 2012
3 Posts
August 06 2012 14:11 GMT
#31

[*]Euro/Other Non-US keyboard support (I think these may not work ATM, for now you might be able to switch your keyboard layout temporarily to US)


can't wait
potens
Profile Joined August 2012
Belgium3 Posts
August 08 2012 12:46 GMT
#32
Hi SirPsychoMantis,

Thanks for your program !

Acutally, it sounds it works not well with foreign keyboard layout. I've looked a bit to the program (not enough to determine the problem) but I guess the keyTransDic should be adapted for each layout. (not sure of it). If this is the case, don't you think it can be moved the config file to be customized by the user ? If this is the problem, another solution is to create some library with the layouts an put a parmeter in the config to choose the layout. This will be great for users, but utterly boring to fill for the guy[s] that will create the mappings.

I can help you if you need it.

PS: When I say it works not well, I mean, in my case (belgian keyboard) ! (on the 8 key) is giving me 1, i.e.
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
August 08 2012 16:16 GMT
#33
On August 03 2012 15:25 bisl wrote:
I like it! I'm using TheCore RLM 0.3.3, which unfortunately shares some keybinds with Standard; specifically, things like Glial Reconstitution and Grooved Spines, which are both G in both bindsets, as well as control groups 2-4, which are on Ctrl/Shift-2, Ctrl/Shift-3, Ctrl/Shift-4.

It seems that only keybinds that differ from Standard are saved to the SC2Hotkeys file, and when I land on these prompts in the program I just fail despite pressing the correct key. Moreover, in these cases it doesn't display the correct keybind, presumably, because it doesn't have the info from the SC2Hotkeys file.

Thanks for doing this though! After playing righty as a born-lefty for about fourteen years, TheCore is quite a challenge and I think this could help me quite a bit.

Edit: upon further inspection, this is the same thing posted by jdub two posts above me.
Edit: Apparently when using TheCore RLM 0.3.3, Create Control Group 0 (Ctrl-Tab) incorrectly recognizes Ctrl-Tab as Tab.


Added those defaults, should work now. Also fixed the Tab business.

On August 06 2012 21:29 kamyker wrote:
Bug: right Alt working as Ctrl+Alt


This is the weirdest bug, only happens with non-US keyboards, going to have to look into it more

On August 06 2012 22:10 Skytt wrote:
Doesnt work with numkeys which I have all camera keys bound too (I use a Naga for them)


Fixed

On August 08 2012 21:46 potens wrote:
Hi SirPsychoMantis,

Thanks for your program !

Acutally, it sounds it works not well with foreign keyboard layout. I've looked a bit to the program (not enough to determine the problem) but I guess the keyTransDic should be adapted for each layout. (not sure of it). If this is the case, don't you think it can be moved the config file to be customized by the user ? If this is the problem, another solution is to create some library with the layouts an put a parmeter in the config to choose the layout. This will be great for users, but utterly boring to fill for the guy[s] that will create the mappings.

I can help you if you need it.

PS: When I say it works not well, I mean, in my case (belgian keyboard) ! (on the 8 key) is giving me 1, i.e.


Ok, I've separated the keybinds into their own file, check out "us.ini" I'm going to probably need some help to make proper files for other keyboards.
Zerg #1
bisl
Profile Joined October 2011
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 18:45:53
August 08 2012 18:45 GMT
#34
On August 09 2012 01:16 SirPsychoMantis wrote:
Added those defaults, should work now. Also fixed the Tab business.


Here I go! thanks. Also, I made a keybind profile containing no keybinds whatsoever, so that I could get a full list of the binding names. It's here, if that could help you at all.
bisl
Profile Joined October 2011
United States21 Posts
August 08 2012 19:49 GMT
#35
Missing defaults:
Zerg
Upgrade Greater Spire - G
Upgrade Infestor Energy - G

With TheCore RLM 0.3.3 and unchanged us.ini file, Alt doesn't register for "Center Camera on Selection," although the program does display it as the correct answer when the timer expires.

So far only tested zerg. I'll hit this back when I try the others.
Chezus
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands427 Posts
August 08 2012 20:00 GMT
#36
On August 06 2012 21:29 kamyker wrote:
Bug: right Alt working as Ctrl+Alt


I'm prettty sure right alt (or ALT GR) is ctrl+alt by definition, for example if you try alt codes, using right alt (alt gr) gives different results.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

"To allow the specific functionality of AltGr when typing non-English text on such keyboards, Windows began to allow it to be emulated by pressing the Alt key together with the Control key"
Sporadic44
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
August 08 2012 20:20 GMT
#37
very cool
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
August 08 2012 20:24 GMT
#38
On August 09 2012 03:45 bisl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 01:16 SirPsychoMantis wrote:
Added those defaults, should work now. Also fixed the Tab business.


Here I go! thanks. Also, I made a keybind profile containing no keybinds whatsoever, so that I could get a full list of the binding names. It's here, if that could help you at all.


Thanks, could be helpful, now if only there was a way to get all the default binds into a text file, manually doing them is quite tedious.

On August 09 2012 05:00 Chezus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2012 21:29 kamyker wrote:
Bug: right Alt working as Ctrl+Alt


I'm prettty sure right alt (or ALT GR) is ctrl+alt by definition, for example if you try alt codes, using right alt (alt gr) gives different results.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

"To allow the specific functionality of AltGr when typing non-English text on such keyboards, Windows began to allow it to be emulated by pressing the Alt key together with the Control key"


Ah good to know, we'll see if I can get a work around
Zerg #1
potens
Profile Joined August 2012
Belgium3 Posts
August 11 2012 16:12 GMT
#39
Hi SirPsychoMantis,

Ok, I've separated the keybinds into their own file, check out "us.ini" I'm going to probably need some help to make proper files for other keyboards.

In fact, the way you have done it suppress the need for the layout file, with the one you have done (us.ini) great (I didn't thought this way) !

Now, another problem persists, and it will need another table to translate things :
the way sc2 puts the hotkeys in the file is, IMHO, by using the character AND, when it's a symbol, using a name. In my version with locale en_GB (I know, I use a (moreover) french keyboard, but I prefer the VO voices), the shortcut for the key ^ is written as BracketClose in the file, but displayed as "accent circonflexe" in the game. I don't know if this translated for the other languages but, the fact is, SC2 reads BracketClose, your (o-so-useful) program reads BracketClose in the conf, ask for BracketClose (and with the new version, it gets it) and print BracketClose in the hint or in the answer.
This little problem will just reduce the usage of the program as a trainer for a new layout for non-english speaker, if you already knows the layout and use the program the train to be better, then, no problem with that.

Ah good to know, we'll see if I can get a work around


You just have to discart the keycode 17 (Control_L) when you get the keycode 18 (Alt_R) because the two keycodes are sent (first the 17, then the 18) when you press the AltGr key. I guess this is the hardware that send the two checked, it's windows (or your choice OS)

Good work !


PS: I guess now you can disable the twin function, or maybe I didn't get the usage of it.
Cyberdyne
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany12 Posts
August 23 2012 18:43 GMT
#40
Thanks for doing this, already putting it to use under Windows using the executable.

When I try to get it to run under Linux using python 3.1 or 3.2 I always get an error though:
TypeError: 'ConfigParser' object is not subscriptable

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Also I noticed, using the TRM layout of TheCore, the ability group only asks me to stim, while the upgrades group misses air upgrades.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech157
Nina 143
ViBE116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15003
Artosis 475
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever387
NeuroSwarm82
canceldota71
League of Legends
Doublelift3509
Counter-Strike
Fnx 994
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD43
Other Games
summit1g6829
FrodaN1083
shahzam528
C9.Mang0295
RotterdaM85
Mew2King28
fpsfer 2
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile133
• StrangeGG 32
• RyuSc2 25
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1067
• Shiphtur623
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
19m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.