• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:14
CEST 13:14
KST 20:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8912 users

IdrA Blogs on WCS/MLG being played simultaneously - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
svefnleysi
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland623 Posts
June 13 2012 03:04 GMT
#21
Holding two tournaments on the same weekend, at the same venue, like this, seems like a retarded idea. I'm surprised people weren't speaking out about it beforehand.
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
June 13 2012 03:04 GMT
#22
Watching IdrA vs Daisuki, you could tell how tired he was. Hopefully we'll get a change in schedule
can i get my estro logo back pls
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
June 13 2012 03:06 GMT
#23
Definitely would be reasonable for Vibe and others competing in the NA WCS tourney to only play that and not MLG's tourney in Raleigh.
Le BucheRON
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada619 Posts
June 13 2012 03:09 GMT
#24
On June 13 2012 11:46 imEnex wrote:
First, and this is very interesting

User was warned for this post

Yeah, cut this out.
I'm glad iDra spoke out about this, from a viewers perspective, having 2 tournaments was a little annoying, but I had no idea that it was THAT ridiculous for the players. Hopefully if they can't change this format for the summer tournament they will make some kind of adjustments for the players.
Guess who`s special?!
Gojira621
Profile Joined October 2010
United States374 Posts
June 13 2012 03:14 GMT
#25
The north american championship is going to have a smaller player pool (32) so there won't be as many games, but its still double elimination. Since saturday afternoon/evening is generally loser's open bracket and pool play, I feel like saturday should be the main day of the NA championships and then finish them up sunday along with the MLG championship. If they decide not to have another kespa exhibition it should be easier to do this and it would make it somewhat easier on the players I would hope
www.twitch.tv/Gojira621
Demonhunter04
Profile Joined July 2011
1530 Posts
June 13 2012 03:18 GMT
#26
IdrA is a great writer, and I agree with his criticisms completely (though that's not saying much).
"If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow" - SlayerSMMA
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
June 13 2012 03:21 GMT
#27
Fair points, but I feel like nitpicking.

It’s our responsibility to let them know that we as a community do not find it worthwhile to get the extra content at the cost of those problems.


I don't think we need that much content period. I mean, we almost completely ignore the open bracket as is in any given MLG. We miss so much due to the massive amount of content in a standard MLG tournament. In a MLG/WCS hybird, we miss an inexcusable amount of games, storylines and action.
Also, I don't see how anyone thought it would be possible to have good scheduling on the players' side either. I don't know if they thought that Bo3's took a predictable amount of time or something, but they don't. This is MLG, too. Extended series will fuck over any temporal planning you made.
I honestly don't know why anyone thought this fusion tournament was a good idea.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 13 2012 03:24 GMT
#28
On June 13 2012 12:21 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Fair points, but I feel like nitpicking.

Show nested quote +
It’s our responsibility to let them know that we as a community do not find it worthwhile to get the extra content at the cost of those problems.


I don't think we need that much content period. I mean, we almost completely ignore the open bracket as is in any given MLG. We miss so much due to the massive amount of content in a standard MLG tournament. In a MLG/WCS hybird, we miss an inexcusable amount of games, storylines and action.
Also, I don't see how anyone thought it would be possible to have good scheduling on the players' side either. I don't know if they thought that Bo3's took a predictable amount of time or something, but they don't. This is MLG, too. Extended series will fuck over any temporal planning you made.
I honestly don't know why anyone thought this fusion tournament was a good idea.


Agreed. It was SC2 overload that weekend. Personally, I find that there is so much SC2 to watch, I can't keep up and only watch the finals or my favorite players. But I don't want to see Idra playing zombie games. I like the way GSL has it set up, but the US is just to large(geographically) to do that currently.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
June 13 2012 03:26 GMT
#29
Looks like EG is starting to require players not producing results to write and publish something for publicity. I remember QXC did this a lot.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
June 13 2012 03:27 GMT
#30
I'm glad that EG & IdrA did this because I feel players need to speak out more about these issues. You always hear a few players complain about a tournament system, but no one pays attention. Now that more pros are speaking out, people are starting to realize its a problem. It's not just "Oh CatZ was a little later, whatever." anymore, it's "Oh, all of these people are operating on 5 hours of sleep." We need to take this a step further though. Can we get something done about it instead of just complaining?
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
June 13 2012 03:27 GMT
#31
WCS and MLG at the same time was incredible bullshit. it felt like the players had to decide to play 1 of those to have a chance to perform well in it.
MLG open bracket and the WCS tournament are already stressful for the players by themselves, both together leads to ViBE representing the US (no offense, but he is def. not the best north american...) in WCS and none of the americans playing well at the MLG tournament (not that they would win it, or get into the pools anyway, but most of them couldve done at least a bit better i feel).
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
Lavit2099
Profile Joined November 2011
United States390 Posts
June 13 2012 03:28 GMT
#32
I think it's fairly telling that none of the NA players made it into the top 16. I wonder how it'd impact the EU people if they held the EU quals at a Dreamhack?
Hnnngg
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1101 Posts
June 13 2012 03:34 GMT
#33
On June 13 2012 12:28 lavit2099 wrote:
I think it's fairly telling that none of the NA players made it into the top 16. I wonder how it'd impact the EU people if they held the EU quals at a Dreamhack?


I wouldn't go so far to suggest an NA player would make it to top 16 (unfortunately for my NA bros).

I also don't think an EU qual would be a good idea. Of course it'd be interesting but not exactly practical.
LambtrOn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States671 Posts
June 13 2012 03:35 GMT
#34
On June 13 2012 12:26 NoGasfOu wrote:
Looks like EG is starting to require players not producing results to write and publish something for publicity. I remember QXC did this a lot.

Or perhaps Idra felt this was worth talking about. I don't think Idra really needs publicity...
JazzJackrabbit
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1272 Posts
June 13 2012 03:38 GMT
#35
Next up, NASL finals and WCS Canada finals in the same weekend/venue!
RaNgeD
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States733 Posts
June 13 2012 03:38 GMT
#36
congrats on your free win to 4th place
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7
thealexw87
Profile Joined February 2011
United States47 Posts
June 13 2012 03:50 GMT
#37
I'm sorry but it's your job! Your path that you chose! Yeah gosh six hours of sleep and oh no, 12 hour days of playing then waiting and then playing sounds so terrible. I know plenty of players out there who would die to be in your shoes, who are working just as hard. And if you really felt that overwhelmed, hey, back out of a tournament; as in, withdraw! And gosh, I think one weekend a month where you have a crazy three days of playing isn't so bad. This goes for Idra, Sheth and all those other pros complaning about dual tourneys.
andytb
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom180 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 03:57:11
June 13 2012 03:50 GMT
#38
As Idra covers the grind of the open bracket is already terrible to the players without adding more workload. Adding in another WoL tourney to me devalued the brand and the prestige of both, particularly Blizzcup. But when else are all the players going to be willing to travel but to an MLG?

I can see why it was planned this way this time with all the casting, hardware and production resources in place, but next time Blizzard need to hold their own event. Perhaps if they want to continue to outsource to MLG, having deeper online qualification and replacing one live MLG arena for WCS would work really well.
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
June 13 2012 03:51 GMT
#39
On June 13 2012 12:38 RaNgeD wrote:
congrats on your free win to 4th place

how can you not show up and then be pissy about it?
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
MapleFractal
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada307 Posts
June 13 2012 03:52 GMT
#40
Well written, I agree with pretty much everything Greg had to say. More blogs please EG
its called a Tuque damnit!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 654
WardiTV184
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11902
StarCastTV_EN365
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko274
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14019
Bisu 3836
Jaedong 3580
EffOrt 1139
BeSt 892
ZerO 446
Horang2 436
Pusan 263
Larva 240
actioN 232
[ Show more ]
Zeus 222
Hyun 139
Mind 133
Barracks 87
ggaemo 71
Killer 47
Yoon 47
scan(afreeca) 44
Sharp 43
NotJumperer 38
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 30
Sacsri 21
Hm[arnc] 21
Sea.KH 15
Terrorterran 13
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 5
Dota 2
Dendi116
League of Legends
JimRising 377
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1620
byalli776
Other Games
crisheroes247
Pyrionflax175
dupreeh101
Mew2King67
DeMusliM58
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Jankos1299
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 46m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.