• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6631 users

Maphacker invited to WCS USA Qualifiers @ MLG - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 41 42 43 Next All
lulutheking
Profile Joined April 2012
France106 Posts
June 05 2012 23:22 GMT
#41
On June 06 2012 08:19 Torte de Lini wrote:
You guys better make damn sure he gets what he rightfully deserves (not violence, but something near).

violence... seriously ... i would be there u would drink 4 pints and beat the shit out of him
Machu PIchu
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 23:37:51
June 05 2012 23:22 GMT
#42
Wow I wish my blink micro was this refined!

In any case, I doubt he will do very well as WCS tends to be fairly good players and this guy doesn't know how to scout or micro an army, may be difficult

EDIT: Obvious maphack/information hack, obvious blink hack. This one's done. NEXT CASE.
In Inca we trust
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
June 05 2012 23:22 GMT
#43
On June 06 2012 08:17 Psychobabas wrote:
Dear OP,

I don't understand. Every day in society I see people who couldn't care less about other people. Couldn't care less about his neighbor the unemployed, the disabled, even the thief. Somebody shouts "help" and people pretend they don't hear. Boss threatens them with illegal unpaid overtime and they nod silently.

But now I see so much enthusiasm about a hacker across the ocean playing a RTS.
How come I see so much interest to set things right. Why isn't this attitude reflected even as a small percentage in every day living?

I really wonder about this. You never hear about similar things like this in the "real world". It's all about mind your own business. I'm genuinely puzzled. Is it the safety of the internet? What is it?


?

That's got to be the worst argument I've ever heard. We should ignore somebody cheating and receiving a prize (free ticket + hotel) worth hundreds of dollars handed to him because there are bigger problems in the world?

Ignoring this problem isn't going to make other problems go away. FAIL logic is FAIL.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Achilles17
Profile Joined December 2011
United States111 Posts
June 05 2012 23:23 GMT
#44
On June 06 2012 08:04 iNcontroL wrote:
Problem is tickets are booked and I doubt they will act on this...

I think it's just important that we make sure he knows he isn't welcome and choose to mock him continuously

PS: He is one of the absolute most BM people on the ladder.. a distant 2nd to hacking sure but hacking AND being a dick about it at the same time? Usually those people know not to show up to a lan.. I think we should verify that stigma.

100% agree. People like him should be shunned from the community and never let back in again.
Corrosive
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3741 Posts
June 05 2012 23:23 GMT
#45
On June 06 2012 08:17 Psychobabas wrote:
Dear OP,

I don't understand. Every day in society I see people who couldn't care less about other people. Couldn't care less about his neighbor the unemployed, the disabled, even the thief. Somebody shouts "help" and people pretend they don't hear. Boss threatens them with illegal unpaid overtime and they nod silently.

But now I see so much enthusiasm about a hacker across the ocean playing a RTS.
How come I see so much interest to set things right. Why isn't this attitude reflected even as a small percentage in every day living?

I really wonder about this. You never hear about similar things like this in the "real world". It's all about mind your own business. I'm genuinely puzzled. Is it the safety of the internet? What is it?

wtf this isnt the same thing at all. we're trying to stop someone who is doing somethign wrong already (hacking and then getting a paid ticket from blizzard) not helping someone we know nothing about.
Maruprime.
SniXSniPe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1938 Posts
June 05 2012 23:23 GMT
#46
On June 06 2012 08:22 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 08:17 Psychobabas wrote:
Dear OP,

I don't understand. Every day in society I see people who couldn't care less about other people. Couldn't care less about his neighbor the unemployed, the disabled, even the thief. Somebody shouts "help" and people pretend they don't hear. Boss threatens them with illegal unpaid overtime and they nod silently.

But now I see so much enthusiasm about a hacker across the ocean playing a RTS.
How come I see so much interest to set things right. Why isn't this attitude reflected even as a small percentage in every day living?

I really wonder about this. You never hear about similar things like this in the "real world". It's all about mind your own business. I'm genuinely puzzled. Is it the safety of the internet? What is it?


?

That's got to be the worst argument I've ever heard. We should ignore somebody cheating and receiving a prize (free ticket + hotel) worth hundreds of dollars handed to him because there are bigger problems in the world?

Ignoring this problem isn't going to make other problems go away. FAIL logic is FAIL.


Nah, I'm a bad boy and I just want to see the world burn.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
June 05 2012 23:23 GMT
#47
why in the world would anyone choose to use ladder results when even there is even the existence of maphacks ... blizzard ladder has always been polluted with maphackers since launch. and especially now with all these recent threads?! very bad management by the wcs/blizz people.
starleague forever
itsjuspeter
Profile Joined November 2010
United States668 Posts
June 05 2012 23:24 GMT
#48
Things like this keep popping up... come on blizzard... enough is enough take some action.
mark05
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada807 Posts
June 05 2012 23:24 GMT
#49
On June 06 2012 08:04 QuanticIllusion wrote:
I knew something was fishy bout him..

Atleast he can't hack on lan without getting owned by blizzard ~_~

Fishy is the word you used the most in the last 2 days yo ;P
yes, I'm MarkOhFive
-stOpSKY-
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada498 Posts
June 05 2012 23:24 GMT
#50
On June 06 2012 08:21 Mohdoo wrote:
This is actually a great thing and we should be thanking Blizzard.

How many times have you wanted to take out your aggression against a map hacker? Here's your chance!


How many times do yo you want to get sued and spend some time in jail with a husband named Bubba? HERES YOUR CHANCE !!
dde
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada796 Posts
June 05 2012 23:24 GMT
#51
lol this is definitely hack i wonder if this guy will still show up rofl
yes
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
June 05 2012 23:24 GMT
#52
thought it was another spades thread. nope.

how prevalent are hacks on sc2 now?
gullberg
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden1301 Posts
June 05 2012 23:24 GMT
#53
He has some balls atleast lol.
snailz
Profile Joined April 2011
Croatia900 Posts
June 05 2012 23:25 GMT
#54
it's so sad to read how many people hack in sc2 these last couple of days.

as for this guy, i would make him leave the venue... resulting in that he can come, but can't play
"I am saying that there are 300 current pros and semi-pros that have the potential to come in and dominate SC2 at any moment, with a latency of a few months from the day they switch." - intrigue
sour_eraser
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada932 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 23:29:21
June 05 2012 23:27 GMT
#55
....
Just ......
Man. I have nothing to say. God. Damn that guy for hacking. And somewhat sorry to his opponentt that played him as that trash took their opportunity to earn some money.
"What's the f*cking point of censoring a letter if everyone and their mother knows what it stands for.... F*cking morons"
Maekchu
Profile Joined February 2011
140 Posts
June 05 2012 23:27 GMT
#56
Blizzard should just pick someone else for his spot. It is bad for Blizzard's reputation of trying to create a competitive e-sports scene when they fly in known hackers.
Sm1Le
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States179 Posts
June 05 2012 23:28 GMT
#57
ima be there.

good thing im a gang leader.

OHH RAII

windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
June 05 2012 23:29 GMT
#58
No hacking at a live event. So I guess he will get humiliated and made fun of.
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
coolyou
Profile Joined December 2010
United States958 Posts
June 05 2012 23:30 GMT
#59
Blink hacker gets invited seriously Blizzard wtf?? This guy needs to be disqualified and replaced immediately.
Champloo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1850 Posts
June 05 2012 23:31 GMT
#60
I can't believe Blizzard invited that guy. But I don't think he will show up anyway, at least that'd be the best for him.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 41 42 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 181
StarCraft: Brood War
910 822
Hyuk 677
ggaemo 656
actioN 388
Mong 235
Shuttle 105
Dewaltoss 89
Hm[arnc] 39
soO 31
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
Fuzer 22
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor785
Other Games
summit1g8846
ceh9365
Happy324
PiGStarcraft227
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS33
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2344
League of Legends
• Rush1343
• Stunt441
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 1m
OSC
15h 1m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.