• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:11
CEST 09:11
KST 16:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10774 users

GM / Master map hacker and general hacking and cheating th…

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 531 Next
You have to provide some kind of evidence/proof (screenshots/replays etc.) if you are going to accuse somebody.

Additionally, a supporting comment of what people should be looking for and when will be necessary if you are posting replays/evidence.
ZweiGaming
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada348 Posts
June 26 2012 16:34 GMT
#1521
On June 26 2012 17:33 papaz wrote:
This is a good and important thread. Blizzard definetely reads these forum and I believe they keep an eye of this thread.

I'd like to suggest something for you OP. For each confirmed maphacker you should have the same format of updating the original post. I will leave the creation of template to those better at it than me.

The reason for this is that it will be easier for readers of this forum (which are a lot of players and people from Blizzard) to follow this thread and i think this thread can put a stop to lot of map hackers in the future. Just look at the impact the TLPD winrates have on all Starcraft 2 forums. Everyone reposts them on bnet and other places. It's impossible for Blizzard to not take notice of it. I think this thread or something along the same lines can have the same impact and catch/stop a lot of hackers.

As of now the original post without spoiler tags and a clear format is just getting bigger harder to follow.

I will just make something in this post to show what I mean.
Confirmed map hackers

1. 26/06/2012 - Impa
+ Show Spoiler +
1. Type of hack
Impa uses blink hack etc.
2. Vod
3. Replays
4. Status
He has been demoted to bronze by Blizzard


2. 26/06/2012 - FNATIC.Tricky
+ Show Spoiler +


I'll be changing the layout soon, it just take a bit of time to put all back into place, thanks!
Spittle
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada5 Posts
June 26 2012 17:42 GMT
#1522
Got replay vs FnaticTRiCKY. He did a blind cannon rush on a 4 player map. I still ended up winning however lol http://drop.sc/208321/d
andiCR
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2273 Posts
June 26 2012 18:25 GMT
#1523
Ugh why do so many people maphack omg. I just got maphacked by some master player. Gonna spoiler it since i know this is GM only.
+ Show Spoiler +

Maphacker's name is JeanPaul. Master player.
http://drop.sc/208357
Nightmare1795 wrote: I played a guy in bronze who said he was Japanese. That was the only game I ever dropped a nuke, which was purely coincidental.
ErAsc2
Profile Joined May 2012
Sweden256 Posts
June 26 2012 20:52 GMT
#1524
http://drop.sc/208536

He's not GM, but I'm top 100 gm EU GM and his mmr was high enough to play me.
Swedish GM Protoss http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2336142/1/MilkEA/
Breach_hu
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary2431 Posts
June 26 2012 23:23 GMT
#1525
http://drop.sc/208666

high master toss on EU - awesome - blatant maphack
Give thanks and praise!
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
June 26 2012 23:24 GMT
#1526
LOL this guy... (Impa)

FnaticTRICKY

Are you serious? rofl

How much more suspicious can you get.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 03:09:40
June 27 2012 03:09 GMT
#1527
Hacks are incredibly common now, I even stumbled upon it while browsing Youtube.
Its some guy showing his free hack by uploading it to youtube, it has the production tab and so forth.

"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Snoodles
Profile Joined March 2012
401 Posts
June 27 2012 03:59 GMT
#1528
On June 27 2012 12:09 Integra wrote:
Hacks are incredibly common now, I even stumbled upon it while browsing Youtube.
Its some guy showing his free hack by uploading it to youtube, it has the production tab and so forth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ9-1cXBk_o


That's disgusting.
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
June 27 2012 04:02 GMT
#1529
On June 27 2012 12:59 Snoodles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 12:09 Integra wrote:
Hacks are incredibly common now, I even stumbled upon it while browsing Youtube.
Its some guy showing his free hack by uploading it to youtube, it has the production tab and so forth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ9-1cXBk_o


That's disgusting.


it really is i cant believe what people will do just to get some wins...
savior did nothing wrong
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
June 27 2012 04:24 GMT
#1530
On June 27 2012 05:52 ErAsc2 wrote:
http://drop.sc/208536

He's not GM, but I'm top 100 gm EU GM and his mmr was high enough to play me.


Played this guy a few hours ago. I just assumed he sent 2 scouts but after checking the replay I realized he already knew where I spawned and went straight to my base with 1 probe to place down 2 proxy gates.

Here is the replay

http://drop.sc/208813

so disgusting to see hackers ranked high on ladder especially when you have to play them yourself......



VincendioS
Profile Joined March 2011
Belgium107 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 04:47:39
June 27 2012 04:43 GMT
#1531
On June 27 2012 13:24 Kaitokid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 05:52 ErAsc2 wrote:
http://drop.sc/208536

He's not GM, but I'm top 100 gm EU GM and his mmr was high enough to play me.


Played this guy a few hours ago. I just assumed he sent 2 scouts but after checking the replay I realized he already knew where I spawned and went straight to my base with 1 probe to place down 2 proxy gates.

Here is the replay

http://drop.sc/208813

so disgusting to see hackers ranked high on ladder especially when you have to play them yourself......





I played him today.

Here is the replay: http://drop.sc/208817

But to be honest, I don't think he used maphack against me. He didnt scout my base but respond corretly to what he sees.

So check it out ...


By the way I played a real maphacker some days ago. IIIIIII zerg Player master:

http://drop.sc/195091

I'm 100% sure he was maphack. No scout on entommbed at all, knew I was all in him. Sees in the dark my Army and my base.
Breach_hu
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary2431 Posts
June 27 2012 11:38 GMT
#1532
On June 27 2012 05:52 ErAsc2 wrote:
http://drop.sc/208536

He's not GM, but I'm top 100 gm EU GM and his mmr was high enough to play me.


actually this guy is not maphacking, if you watch closely the probe in the beginning, he uses the shift trick. if there is nexus present in the fog of war in the line of the queued commands then the command which commands the probe to get back will be separated from the original line.

my explanation mb not so good, but check for yourself.
Give thanks and praise!
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
June 27 2012 11:42 GMT
#1533
LOL I dont know about other servers but the EU server in packed with maphackers. Yesterday I just wanted to relax with my friend doing some 2v2s. Ridiculous maphacking. I wont post rep since they are 2vs2 but anybody interested can pm me.

I've met maphacking everywhere, 2v2s, 1v1 customs, 1v1 ladder (master level)
Naffy
Profile Joined August 2011
France10 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 11:56:05
June 27 2012 11:54 GMT
#1534
I think too many people right now think their opponent is maphacking.
You need real clues. I've heard about this thread because I did find an hidden expension in a TvP.
( It was obvious because he didnt have his natural 3rd yet and wasnt trying to attack me )
Guy said that i was obviously maphacking and reported me on this thread (he didnt finally...)

I've really faced real maphack. Real maphack is when a protoss moves ur army towards ur drops in a very suspicious way.
Real maphack is when a guy is moving his army to catch ur cloack ghosts without seeing them cloacking and without
even seeing them cloaked on their screen.

Before insulting someone, try to know "how he got that lucky" for instance.
By the way i did call blizzard assistance about maphacking, they said they're trying their best because they have a LOT of maphacking reports but only a few are real. A lot of people just report a guy because he got lucky and were frustrated.

So please don't be 100% sure, but 200% sure that someone is MHing Deep analysis of the replay is required.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
June 27 2012 12:01 GMT
#1535
I'm playing mid masters EU and I don't play any maphackers, don't know what all your problems are, but I'm doing just fine over here.
I'm sure they exist, I might have even played one or two without realize, but it doesn't affect me whatsoever.
I'm all for exposing maphackers, but for the love of god you guys are just seeing ghosts.

Just play the damn game, if someone is super obvious report him and get on with your life.
I understand this must suck at the highest level but even there maphackers are very rare.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
June 27 2012 12:06 GMT
#1536
On June 27 2012 02:42 Spittle wrote:
Got replay vs FnaticTRiCKY. He did a blind cannon rush on a 4 player map. I still ended up winning however lol http://drop.sc/208321/d


Wow man FnaticTRICKY is pretty bad lol O.O
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
June 27 2012 12:07 GMT
#1537
On June 27 2012 20:54 Naffy wrote:
I think too many people right now think their opponent is maphacking.
You need real clues. I've heard about this thread because I did find an hidden expension in a TvP.
( It was obvious because he didnt have his natural 3rd yet and wasnt trying to attack me )
Guy said that i was obviously maphacking and reported me on this thread (he didnt finally...)

I've really faced real maphack. Real maphack is when a protoss moves ur army towards ur drops in a very suspicious way.
Real maphack is when a guy is moving his army to catch ur cloack ghosts without seeing them cloacking and without
even seeing them cloaked on their screen.

Before insulting someone, try to know "how he got that lucky" for instance.
By the way i did call blizzard assistance about maphacking, they said they're trying their best because they have a LOT of maphacking reports but only a few are real. A lot of people just report a guy because he got lucky and were frustrated.

So please don't be 100% sure, but 200% sure that someone is MHing Deep analysis of the replay is required.

Thats what the OP does, he only puts them in the OP if he is 100% they are hacking and if they are rated high enough for it to be worth it.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 12:23:47
June 27 2012 12:17 GMT
#1538
On June 27 2012 20:38 Breach_hu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 05:52 ErAsc2 wrote:
http://drop.sc/208536

He's not GM, but I'm top 100 gm EU GM and his mmr was high enough to play me.


actually this guy is not maphacking, if you watch closely the probe in the beginning, he uses the shift trick. if there is nexus present in the fog of war in the line of the queued commands then the command which commands the probe to get back will be separated from the original line.

my explanation mb not so good, but check for yourself.


I'm watching the replay right now and I have no idea what you're talking about. I do not know of any way to gain knowledge of where the enemy is through fog of war. If there is, it needs to be patched immediately.

edit: Nvm. I see it now. You did explain it a bit poorly. What happens is that the probe ai knows the nexus is there, even if you don't see it, and thus starts finding a path to avoid it (by going slightly to the left instead of following the line exactly). I still believe this needs to be patched. Thought I doubt it will happen as blizzard has stated they pretty much refuse to tinker with the ai any more.
Breach_hu
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary2431 Posts
June 27 2012 17:52 GMT
#1539
On June 27 2012 21:17 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 20:38 Breach_hu wrote:
On June 27 2012 05:52 ErAsc2 wrote:
http://drop.sc/208536

He's not GM, but I'm top 100 gm EU GM and his mmr was high enough to play me.


actually this guy is not maphacking, if you watch closely the probe in the beginning, he uses the shift trick. if there is nexus present in the fog of war in the line of the queued commands then the command which commands the probe to get back will be separated from the original line.

my explanation mb not so good, but check for yourself.


I'm watching the replay right now and I have no idea what you're talking about. I do not know of any way to gain knowledge of where the enemy is through fog of war. If there is, it needs to be patched immediately.

edit: Nvm. I see it now. You did explain it a bit poorly. What happens is that the probe ai knows the nexus is there, even if you don't see it, and thus starts finding a path to avoid it (by going slightly to the left instead of following the line exactly). I still believe this needs to be patched. Thought I doubt it will happen as blizzard has stated they pretty much refuse to tinker with the ai any more.


sry for my poor explaination~ but its true, i tried for myself and it works like that. but you can only do this on map where 2 spawns avaiable. on 3 spawns its still a gamble.
Give thanks and praise!
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 22:55:04
June 27 2012 22:54 GMT
#1540
On June 27 2012 20:38 Breach_hu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 05:52 ErAsc2 wrote:
http://drop.sc/208536

He's not GM, but I'm top 100 gm EU GM and his mmr was high enough to play me.


actually this guy is not maphacking, if you watch closely the probe in the beginning, he uses the shift trick. if there is nexus present in the fog of war in the line of the queued commands then the command which commands the probe to get back will be separated from the original line.

my explanation mb not so good, but check for yourself.

THEY STILL DID NOT FIX IT?

i remember watching video about this year ago or more. Legal maphack, gg blizz.
Stork[gm]
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 531 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft725
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 882
ggaemo 427
Stork 319
Leta 206
PianO 103
Larva 52
Hyuk 32
ZergMaN 29
yabsab 23
Bale 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
League of Legends
JimRising 351
Reynor80
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Westballz34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor834
Other Games
summit1g10309
C9.Mang0240
Sick165
PiGStarcraft130
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick602
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Lourlo1101
• Stunt522
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 49m
Online Event
3h 49m
FEL
8h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.