• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:59
CEST 19:59
KST 02:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6344 users

Official Real Talk Thread of Realness - Page 42

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 90 Next
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13424 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 05:08:21
July 04 2012 05:07 GMT
#821
On July 04 2012 10:42 Hoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 10:34 Noobity wrote:
I don't see the appeal in Cowboy Bebop, personally.

I liked the episode, but there wasn't really anything groundbreaking here. Maybe it's just the fact that I watch Destiny constantly, but he didn't really say anything new or exciting.

First full episode of Real Talk I watched, and I enjoyed it. I hate the mouth-to-the-mic look, but that's kinda standard if you want good audio I guess, so no biggy.

Well done, JP, looking forward to the rest!

There is a lot of depth in Cowboy Bebop, which stands out when you compare it to modern popular animes.
Also, the music is retardedly awesome.


But some animes are just enjoyable to watch without needing to be super deep.

I like deep stories, I like interesting animes and films of any kind. But sometimes I just want to see where Naruto is at or go watch John McClane shoot stuff.

on topic: Watching some now, don't know If I will watch ALL of it since these are usually long but perhaps I will listen while doing some homework or something.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
July 04 2012 05:09 GMT
#822
This episode felt very rushed, which is understandable with Destiny going to HSC V. Just wasn't as in depth as the others. Still entertaining though.

Really looking forward to the djWHEAT episode.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Tanman
Profile Joined January 2011
23 Posts
July 04 2012 19:53 GMT
#823
Can you get Hotbid? That would be pretty entertaining I think
ikjZILTOID
Profile Joined August 2010
United States118 Posts
July 04 2012 22:11 GMT
#824
Is there an mp3 for this by an chance? 3rd shifting tonight and would make things go by a little quicker.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
July 04 2012 22:24 GMT
#825
Use a youtube-to-mp3 converter.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Universum
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada192 Posts
July 05 2012 04:19 GMT
#826
Please get LiquidNony or Day9. Your show is awesome !
You often learn more from losing than winning. Don't rage, it's a game!
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
July 05 2012 04:24 GMT
#827
I'd really love it if JP starts interviewing people we don't know that much about. I think for now interviewing people like Destiny is great because it will attract viewers, but after JP picks up more regular viewers it'd be cool to hear from players we don't know as much about. I think a real talk with a fairly lesser known player like MajOr would be really cool - there's a guy who's trained in Korea, been on a bunch of different teams, has some quirks and controversies, but we don't know very much about his backstory or who he really is. These are the kinds of players/personalities I'd love to see on real talk and get a new or better perspective of.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
July 05 2012 05:47 GMT
#828
not sure if you guys saw JP's tweet or not, but after EVO he's gonna interview the legendary Justing Wong!
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Ranir
Profile Joined June 2011
413 Posts
July 05 2012 05:55 GMT
#829
On July 05 2012 13:19 Universum wrote:
Please get LiquidNony or Day9. Your show is awesome !

Why Day9? What ever you want to know about him can already be found on VoDs. And I'm not only talking about daily 100, go look at his AMA on his website and you'll pretty much know everything about him. If JP would do an episode with him I would still watch it, but I would preffer a lot more people than him.
ilmeeni
Profile Joined July 2012
Afghanistan72 Posts
July 05 2012 06:10 GMT
#830
On July 05 2012 13:24 Swords wrote:
I think a real talk with a fairly lesser known player like MajOr would be really cool - there's a guy who's trained in Korea, been on a bunch of different teams, has some quirks and controversies, but we don't know very much about his backstory or who he really is.


Don't want to sound like a douche, but no thanks. Personality is key, and I hope JP continues to choose people who can maintain a conversation without dipping too much to the awkward side.
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
July 05 2012 08:20 GMT
#831
On July 05 2012 15:10 ilmeeni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2012 13:24 Swords wrote:
I think a real talk with a fairly lesser known player like MajOr would be really cool - there's a guy who's trained in Korea, been on a bunch of different teams, has some quirks and controversies, but we don't know very much about his backstory or who he really is.


Don't want to sound like a douche, but no thanks. Personality is key, and I hope JP continues to choose people who can maintain a conversation without dipping too much to the awkward side.


I think more conversations can help in that regard. It's not like Major is swimming in interviews on stream with tons of viewers. He quietly streams with a few hundred viewers as one of the better Terrans out there in the foreign scene. I'd welcome an interview with him on Real Talk and he would be one of the few actual sc2 gamers who I would want to hear from; whereas most of the interesting ones already have plenty of their story out there.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
Savagewood
Profile Joined June 2012
United States84 Posts
July 05 2012 08:27 GMT
#832
Hey JP, I loved the Destiny episode! You did a great job keeping the interview moving and I enjoyed Steven's story telling as usual. I was also a fan of the IdrA episode. Keep up the good work JP!
"It turns out the game is a lot harder when you can't see the whole map."-IdrA, regarding his match against Spades.
ne0lith
Profile Joined August 2011
537 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-05 09:14:27
July 05 2012 09:07 GMT
#833
I understand the need to interview people who are not awkard and that can make for interesting interviews but why do we get the same people we see all the time in other places anyway? Look at the players we have so far: Idra, Incontrol, Destiny, Grubby, these are already super exposed in the scene compared to other players, add to that some very familar personalities that you can see weekly in other shows and it feels like we just see more stuff about the same people.

I think there are many interesting players like Mana, Thorzain etc who are at the absolute top of SC that people don't know much about outside of the game. Even if you bring in very popular personalities, it's more interesting when you bring the ones that you don't normally see talking about personal/serious stuff, 2GD is a good example for a very well done choice. Stephano would be ideal too but I don't know if he would do it(He probably wouldn't have the patience for a long interview and wouldn't give a crap anyway :D).

Many of the guests so far(including ALL the players) are players that get much of their popularity due to their image and personality that they show to the people already, it would be interesting to at least mix in some episodes with people we don't know that much about as persons among the "heavy" ones which probably bring in more viewers.
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-05 20:53:56
July 05 2012 20:45 GMT
#834
Personally didn't enjoy the Destiny episode, probably just because he didn't have anything interesting to say and isn't really involved in anything important front line or behind the scenes. I think I got up to the bit where it went along the lines of "Well I streamed, people liked it so I kept entertaining. Did fuck all else, didn't train to get good or anything else", then I got bored and stopped. Didn't really care about his kid or his break up, I know enough people that have done that and it's really uninteresting. I was kinda biased going into this episode since I didn't care what happened to Destiny before this episode, and I still don't give a fuck.

Not sure why the Idra one was actually really interesting though, since didn't really give a fuck about him either, but it just was.

Anyways glad others enjoyed it.

I would prefer people that make a fuckload of things happen, since these people by default should be able to articulate well and put together a decent sentence, then you don't have to worry so much about "personality" (hate that word).
Buddyhawks
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1 Post
July 05 2012 21:04 GMT
#835
Great work JP. Keep 'em coming!
JazzJackrabbit
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1272 Posts
July 05 2012 21:26 GMT
#836
For those wondering about the shortness of the episode, Destiny said this on Reddit:

Sorry, I know a lot of people are complaining because I answered the questions a bit curtly (compared to how I normally speak), but I could literally talk for hours on any given subject and I didn't want to drag this out for 6-8 hours because I feel like I would have drowned JP, haha. I might do an AMA about this stuff in r/destiny if there's enough interest for it.
itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
July 05 2012 21:36 GMT
#837
Lesser-known stories will come soon enough. Just be patient
Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
ilmeeni
Profile Joined July 2012
Afghanistan72 Posts
July 06 2012 01:10 GMT
#838
Here's a vote for Scoots, he's awesome and ought to have stories to tell.
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
July 06 2012 01:27 GMT
#839
I've been really enjoying this series and look forward to more! Great work JP!
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
BRaegO
Profile Joined November 2010
United States243 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-06 01:32:05
July 06 2012 01:31 GMT
#840
hmm I'd like to see someone that doesn't get enough credit as a player that is really quite good... HasuObs/Socke/Bly/Bling/dDoRo/Axslav/Torch(I believe he is more of management now, but has been a gamer his whole life I believe)/Naama/Moman(for lolz)/Cloud

I know your show is about getting a lot of viewers. Let's be real here(see what I did there ). I would hope though, it's more about having a great interview with a great player that people can learn a bit more about them too. Too many players are unappreciated for the time/effort they put into the scene. I'm not pointing out your show as the only way to get players noticed; it's more of it seems you are one of the few that would give them a chance and have the audience to appreciate it :D
_B L/IN K YOUREYES /1 FOR YES 2 F_OR NO
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM750
TKL 350
TaKeTV 300
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 750
TKL 350
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 155
ProTech136
BRAT_OK 126
UpATreeSC 80
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 812
Mini 404
ggaemo 176
firebathero 161
White-Ra 102
910 52
Shinee 48
Barracks 48
Hyun 45
Shine 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 27
Killer 25
Trap 23
ToSsGirL 20
soO 16
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4145
Counter-Strike
Fnx 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5783
crisheroes1623
Liquid`Hasu1299
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3001
singsing1617
B2W.Neo710
Beastyqt627
ceh9615
ArmadaUGS168
C9.Mang0135
Dewaltoss62
Trikslyr49
KnowMe0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream483
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 15
EmSc2Tv 15
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile120
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2558
• TFBlade866
Other Games
• Shiphtur275
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 1m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.