• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:35
CEST 04:35
KST 11:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6880 users

Flash practicing sc2 article translation - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 46 Next All
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
May 07 2012 09:17 GMT
#521
On May 07 2012 17:18 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 17:06 Sawamura wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .



Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


I like drama and hopefully I will see some rivalries starting in sc2 . One of my wishes is to see FBH dance and groove and hip thrust to victory after every battle . Come on it's not about the game all the time .


People who are expecting that to happen are expecting a different FBH i'm afraid. FBH has matured a lot during his time in Airforce ACE and i would be pretty surprised if he pulled another one of those ceremonies when he switches over.


He's said in an interview that he wants to do ceremonies, but can't because he's in the airforce.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
one-one-one
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden551 Posts
May 07 2012 09:26 GMT
#522
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1BFY4R7IIP4#t=1710s
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10866 Posts
May 07 2012 09:37 GMT
#523
Nice, I can't wait to see what he does with SC2, and all the other top BW pro's as far as that is concerned, Flash fighting!
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Manimal_pro
Profile Joined June 2010
Romania991 Posts
May 07 2012 09:40 GMT
#524
Flash terran
Bisu terran
<3
If you like brood war, please go play brood war and stop whining about SC2
snailz
Profile Joined April 2011
Croatia900 Posts
May 07 2012 09:41 GMT
#525
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


this man is so full of win
"I am saying that there are 300 current pros and semi-pros that have the potential to come in and dominate SC2 at any moment, with a latency of a few months from the day they switch." - intrigue
Polygamy
Profile Joined January 2010
Austria1114 Posts
May 07 2012 09:41 GMT
#526
There have been a few few exbroodwar players streaming lately and after watching some I really do think this is going to take the game to the next level.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
May 07 2012 09:50 GMT
#527
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.
This deserves a quote.

I remember back when starcraft was released, i was 9 years old and begged my mother almost every day to buy it. Later a friend of mine had connections and copied it.
I played that game for nearly 7 years, singleplayer only. LOL
Watched Nal_Ra and thought he was best player in the world, never watched after that.
Now i almost only play sc2. I like it as well.

More ontopic: i like any flash liking sc2.
i'd like anyone adding anything to sc2
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
May 07 2012 09:58 GMT
#528
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .


Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-07 10:11:54
May 07 2012 10:11 GMT
#529
Sawamura, one-on-one is not a troll. He is making good points and giving his point of view in a positive way. You are free to disagree, and yes you can try and pick apart his points and show where you think differently, but even when you do disagree with a point that he's making, surely you can see what he's trying to say?

Right now you seem almost to be taking each point of his and turning it into much more of an extreme (or combative) statement than what he actually intended. You and he would probably agree on more points than you'd think, is my guess
Plat Support Main #believe
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
May 07 2012 10:12 GMT
#530
Sawamura is trolling obviously.
See what I did there? xD
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-07 10:17:17
May 07 2012 10:13 GMT
#531
Look bring me a bw fan and tell them the A.I is stopping them from enjoying game ? True or False ? No I am not trolling .


On May 07 2012 19:11 Jacmert wrote:
Sawamura, one-on-one is not a troll. He is making good points and giving his point of view in a positive way. You are free to disagree, and yes you can try and pick apart his points and show where you think differently, but even when you do disagree with a point that he's making, surely you can see what he's trying to say?

Right now you seem almost to be taking each point of his and turning it into much more of an extreme (or combative) statement than what he actually intended. You and he would probably agree on more points than you'd think, is my guess


No he made it seems that Flash is actually focusing on microing the units on the ramp the whole time instead of focusing on macro and unit positioning which is kind of dumb to me .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
May 07 2012 10:24 GMT
#532
On May 07 2012 18:58 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


Show nested quote +
How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .

Show nested quote +

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.


Sorry but the only reason BW is harder than SC2 is because of how outdated it is. UI, workers, control groups etc etc. If Blizzard had just made a 3D BW instead of SC2 with all the features that SC2 had then you would probably still complain. You need to accept that Blizzard can't just make a game in 2010+ with shitty graphics/UI just because a minority of people with nostalgia/tunnel-vision want it to be so.

So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?


Well I see a tremendous irony in BW fans calling SC2 'no skill', and then saying they are going to LoL.

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube


Let's listen to one person's opinion and call it fact, sure. How the fuck can SC2 have no micro? I don't think it's possible for a game like SC2 to have no micro. Marines/blink stalkers/force fields etc. In a few situations due to SC2 being faster paced micro is harder than in BW and require faster reaction times... sorry but that's a fact. If you have watched a single Korean Terran in SC2 then you would realise how wrong you are.

Btw can't wait for BW pros to switch to SC2 gonna be so great!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see Bisu micro a collossus
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
May 07 2012 10:26 GMT
#533
On May 07 2012 18:58 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


Show nested quote +
How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .

Show nested quote +

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.


Well, let me tell you my story. I have played BW relatively well for about 6 years (B/B+ on PGTour/ICCup). I loved and love BW. I loved it so much that I have loathed on W3 arguing that it is a game that requires no skill. It took me 5 more years to realize, how wrong I was with W3, how my "BW IS THE BESTEST" attitude clouded my judgement towards W3. Only then I started to appreciate all the neccessary skill required to be pretty good at that game. Yeah, it had some flaws but watching GOMTV back in the day when they casted W3 (with Rotterdam and Tod iirc), it was epic to realize how deep that game is.

I feel like this is the same with SC2. It's new game with new style (as was SC and W3 before), it also has some flaws but I enjoy it so much and eventhough BW was big part of my life, I will continue to look forward to see how SC2 will develop. And I'm so excited to see BW pros transition to SC2. So excited to see what they can bring to the table.

You can hate SC2 as much as you want, but I just want you to know, that there are many BW players, that enjoy SC2.
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-07 10:30:53
May 07 2012 10:26 GMT
#534
On May 07 2012 19:24 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 18:58 Sawamura wrote:
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .


Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.


Sorry but the only reason BW is harder than SC2 is because of how outdated it is. UI, workers, control groups etc etc. If Blizzard had just made a 3D BW instead of SC2 with all the features that SC2 had then you would probably still complain. You need to accept that Blizzard can't just make a game in 2010+ with shitty graphics/UI just because a minority of people with nostalgia/tunnel-vision want it to be so.

Show nested quote +
So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?


Well I see a tremendous irony in BW fans calling SC2 'no skill', and then saying they are going to LoL.

Show nested quote +
LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube


Let's listen to one person's opinion and call it fact, sure. How the fuck can SC2 have no micro? I don't think it's possible for a game like SC2 to have no micro. Marines/blink stalkers/force fields etc. In a few situations due to SC2 being faster paced micro is harder than in BW and require faster reaction times... sorry but that's a fact. If you have watched a single Korean Terran in SC2 then you would realise how wrong you are.

Btw can't wait for BW pros to switch to SC2 gonna be so great!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see Bisu micro a collossus


Look I am not going to further derailed this thread but if you want to discuss this further I can take it in pm . Any time okay ?


On May 07 2012 19:26 PetrBlaha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 18:58 Sawamura wrote:
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .


Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.


Well, let me tell you my story. I have played BW relatively well for about 6 years (B/B+ on PGTour/ICCup). I loved and love BW. I loved it so much that I have loathed on W3 arguing that it is a game that requires no skill. It took me 5 more years to realize, how wrong I was with W3, how my "BW IS THE BESTEST" attitude clouded my judgement towards W3. Only then I started to appreciate all the neccessary skill required to be pretty good at that game. Yeah, it had some flaws but watching GOMTV back in the day when they casted W3 (with Rotterdam and Tod iirc), it was epic to realize how deep that game is.

I feel like this is the same with SC2. It's new game with new style (as was SC and W3 before), it also has some flaws but I enjoy it so much and eventhough BW was big part of my life, I will continue to look forward to see how SC2 will develop. And I'm so excited to see BW pros transition to SC2. So excited to see what they can bring to the table.

You can hate SC2 as much as you want, but I just want you to know, that there are many BW players, that enjoy SC2.


Bla bla long history and experience makes my point the best argument right ? Every person I meet has open their statement like this " I played bw Long time ago and I was A+ and whatever Olympic rank " and than suddenly I like sc2 because it has much more potential and it's only 2 year old . It has become too stereotypical and kind of a convenient way of saying you share the same experience as bw fans .

I don't hate sc2 without having legitimate reason and I won't state it here because you may not like it .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
May 07 2012 10:26 GMT
#535
On May 07 2012 18:58 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


Show nested quote +
How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .

Show nested quote +

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.


literally an article from 2 years ago

come on
one-one-one
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden551 Posts
May 07 2012 10:27 GMT
#536

Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 18:58 Sawamura wrote:
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .


Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.



I am not a troll <3

And come on please. The UI is quite retarded. It has its charm, but I am pretty sure it takes away a lot of time for the pro players to get atound it.

Ret said that the game had no micro. This was after playing random for a while during the beta 2 years ago.
He already then noticed that terran seemed harder to play.
Guess what? Terran in Sc2 is only as good as you can micro, so that was probably why he didn't do so well with terran

Here are some links featuring various degrees of insane micro.



and then there is MKP ...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1BFY4R7IIP4#t=1710s
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
May 07 2012 10:33 GMT
#537
On May 07 2012 19:27 one-one-one wrote:
Show nested quote +

On May 07 2012 18:58 Sawamura wrote:
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .


Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.



I am not a troll <3

And come on please. The UI is quite retarded. It has its charm, but I am pretty sure it takes away a lot of time for the pro players to get atound it.

Ret said that the game had no micro. This was after playing random for a while during the beta 2 years ago.
He already then noticed that terran seemed harder to play.
Guess what? Terran in Sc2 is only as good as you can micro, so that was probably why he didn't do so well with terran

Here are some links featuring various degrees of insane micro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMAfBWrVyMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=CdSKD3LRHV8

and then there is MKP ...




Sc2 units don't last as long as broodwar unit and that is a fact . Take for instance muta micro is it existent in sc2 ? No it isn't and if you mean stutter stepping with marines in sc2 is a thing to be amaze at . Wait till you see me storm dodge in broodwar and you won't believe it .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
May 07 2012 11:01 GMT
#538
On May 07 2012 19:33 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 19:27 one-one-one wrote:

On May 07 2012 18:58 Sawamura wrote:
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .


Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.



I am not a troll <3

And come on please. The UI is quite retarded. It has its charm, but I am pretty sure it takes away a lot of time for the pro players to get atound it.

Ret said that the game had no micro. This was after playing random for a while during the beta 2 years ago.
He already then noticed that terran seemed harder to play.
Guess what? Terran in Sc2 is only as good as you can micro, so that was probably why he didn't do so well with terran

Here are some links featuring various degrees of insane micro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMAfBWrVyMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=CdSKD3LRHV8

and then there is MKP ...




Sc2 units don't last as long as broodwar unit and that is a fact . Take for instance muta micro is it existent in sc2 ? No it isn't and if you mean stutter stepping with marines in sc2 is a thing to be amaze at . Wait till you see me storm dodge in broodwar and you won't believe it .


"I don't want to further derail this thread" - what happened to that

Ignoring all the examples of difficult micro in SC2 doesn't make your argument a strong one.

By the way I had a good chuckle at how you feel "possessed by Stork"...oh man give me a break.
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
May 07 2012 11:06 GMT
#539
On May 07 2012 20:01 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 19:33 Sawamura wrote:
On May 07 2012 19:27 one-one-one wrote:

On May 07 2012 18:58 Sawamura wrote:
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


Again with the nostalgia argument I don't know if you are trolling or not but you can't say it's nostalgia when the game is quite relevant as it is today in terms of high competition and skill level . If you think it's just the past than be my guess and register yourself at courage tournament and beat all this guys who have been playing this games for years and still some of them could not qualify to be best in proleague .

Do I need to carry my pc to my friends house to play lan ? What the hell ? All I needed to do was just go to my local pc bang and play broodwar with my friends and after that go for a drink . Seriously back than computers are quite bulky I am amazed that you as a 14 year old kid can carry it over you must be pretty strong !.


How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?


So if you don't recall when it is release you are not a bw fan ? I think it's quite pathetic to label people as a hipster just because fans like the old game maybe you should call cs source fans and 1.6 fans hipsters too because they just love the game and not joining in the Halo and CoD crowd after all not following new trends make you a hipster right ?

LoL at the bashing of the retarded UI let me point you to a article where ret was talking about sc2 having no micro
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/11475-ret-micro-almost-non-existent-in-starcraft-2/0
At least broodwar had units which is microable and if you are able to micro them carefully they will last as long as you can micro them . Case in point Boxer v Yellow if you recall that game where it was even made in to a highlight video on youtube .
No I am not interested in seeing Flash being a beast in sc2 what I am interested is seeing broodwar and as a kt fan maybe I will drop by tl.net a few days just to see how my team is doing in the sc2 scene .


Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion


This statement confirms that you don't know a thing about broodwar if you think broodwar is all about fighting the AI . Seriously I can't believe it after 14 years of broodwar and you are complaining about the game AI still ? I have gotten over the minor technicalities of the game and the A.I always serve me well because I play terran and even though If I off race as protoss I feel like stork possessed me and I was able to use dragoons and massacre siege tanks after siege tank . No experience broodwar player would have bashed the game just because of few minor difficulties which could have over come by having a little patience . Sorry but I think you are a troll.



I am not a troll <3

And come on please. The UI is quite retarded. It has its charm, but I am pretty sure it takes away a lot of time for the pro players to get atound it.

Ret said that the game had no micro. This was after playing random for a while during the beta 2 years ago.
He already then noticed that terran seemed harder to play.
Guess what? Terran in Sc2 is only as good as you can micro, so that was probably why he didn't do so well with terran

Here are some links featuring various degrees of insane micro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMAfBWrVyMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=CdSKD3LRHV8

and then there is MKP ...




Sc2 units don't last as long as broodwar unit and that is a fact . Take for instance muta micro is it existent in sc2 ? No it isn't and if you mean stutter stepping with marines in sc2 is a thing to be amaze at . Wait till you see me storm dodge in broodwar and you won't believe it .


"I don't want to further derail this thread" - what happened to that

Ignoring all the examples of difficult micro in SC2 doesn't make your argument a strong one.

By the way I had a good chuckle at how you feel "possessed by Stork"...oh man give me a break.


Sure If I continue talk about broodwar units and arguments that the units are much better than sc2 despite it having retarded A.I . I would no longer be talking about flash practising sc2 instead it will be a freakign sc2 vs bw debate all over again. If you find it funny that's cool because in the end of the day I felt I really was like stork even though I am merely want to be a stork wannabe.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Bippzy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1466 Posts
May 07 2012 11:08 GMT
#540
On May 07 2012 18:41 snailz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 18:26 one-one-one wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:56 NeonFox wrote:
On May 07 2012 16:43 sluggaslamoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2012 16:31 raga4ka wrote:
I personally am more interested in Zero and SoulKey , because Jaedong seems slumping beyond repair since 2010 (He was the undisputed best player from 2006-2009 period with Flash being second to him . He was still good in 2010 , but Flash became god in that year and Jaedong has never been the same in 2011 and 2012 ).

Flash will dominate for sure , but it would be nice to see who will be his zerg competition . In BW there was no talent better then Zero at macroing large armies and microing them to perfection . SoulKey probably is better right now then zero .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHjRDNLbP8


Soulkey becomes best Zerg

SC2 Fanboys: "Soulkey is proof the elephant doesn't exist, because he is better than Jaedong and wasn't good at BW"

BW elitists: *facepalm


People that don't care about drama : "More great games!"


It is not about the drama.

What separates people is the ability (willingness?) to accept the notion that BW is a great game while SC2 has the potential to be, and is becoming a great game. You can like both games...

I know that SC2 has huge problems, but it is not like SC1 didn't have any problems before Brood War. Psi storm anyone ?
WC3 Reign of Chaos was also a bit flawed.
What you have now is a situation where a lot of really solid RTS players are starting to play a new game. I think it will be interesting even for all BW zealots to study how the game play in SC2 will evolve with all these great players are switching over.

I was 14 years when Starcraft 1 was released in 1998. Before that I had played a lot of Warcraft 2. I used to carry my computer over to my friends place so we could connect them with serial cables to play WC2 vs each other , lol

How many of you BW hipster boys actually did that? How many of you remember the release of SC1 ?
For me it was such a huge thing. The game really blew my mind to the point where I thought that it would be impossible to ever make a better game.
And I maintain that this is the most bad ass intro to a video game ever.

Now I have to face all these rude people who seem to look down on me for playing Starcraft 2.

They wonder how I can bring myself to divert any time at all to "that unspeakable game that we don't mention".
It is like I have to apologize. And the undertone is that I don't understand anything about SC:BW so that they can dismiss anything I say as ignorant.

But a lot of your favourite players and casters have already switched over to Sc2 , and a lot more will follow soon.

Wouldn't it be interesting to follow SC2 to see what a beast like Flash can do with a game with a lot less retarded UI ?
He can devote more of his apm to more important stuff than trying to get his units to walk down a ramp in an orderly fashion.

This doesn't mean that you can't allow yourself to be nostalgic. All the good stuff from BW will still be available as vods.
And if there is interest by progamers, maybe some will stay and continue to provide good games for you.


this man is so full of win

I feel likewise, though he was walking on thin ice with some of his points. I'm in it for the entertainment
LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings176
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 203
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 222
Terrorterran 19
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
League of Legends
Doublelift5782
JimRising 750
Counter-Strike
taco 282
minikerr53
Other Games
summit1g12017
C9.Mang0414
PiLiPiLi10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP185
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 26m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 26m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 26m
Replay Cast
20h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.