• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:20
CEST 03:20
KST 10:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6159 users

TEDx talk about StarCraft 2 and ESPORTS - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
March 28 2012 13:11 GMT
#61
On March 28 2012 13:27 Whitewing wrote:
I'm going to be doing a similar presentation soon at a convention (Con Quest) at Umass Amherst, any objection if I use some material from your video? I really liked where you went with a few of the parts.

Hey, I go to Hampshire College and I would love to see this presentation! Can you link some information to this event?
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
March 28 2012 13:24 GMT
#62
As a passionate about speehes, maybe I would change quite a few of the things you said to a better explanation, but that would be getting into too much detail.
One tip tho, walk around the stage, dont leave your feet rooted to the ground. If you move around, you will own the stage and feel better, it also gives you time to think and breathe. Otherwise it looks like you are trapped.
Keep going
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
March 28 2012 13:36 GMT
#63
Excellent job! I remember when our UCLA Csl team was preparing to come down to that event! I couldn't make it but now I wish I had!

Great job.
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
March 28 2012 14:03 GMT
#64
On March 28 2012 22:11 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 13:27 Whitewing wrote:
I'm going to be doing a similar presentation soon at a convention (Con Quest) at Umass Amherst, any objection if I use some material from your video? I really liked where you went with a few of the parts.

Hey, I go to Hampshire College and I would love to see this presentation! Can you link some information to this event?


http://umassamherst.collegiatelink.net/organization/gamehobbyistsleague/calendar/details/134288

Saturday April 14th to Monday 16th

More details are going to be released about the event this week.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
KristofferAG
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway25712 Posts
March 28 2012 14:54 GMT
#65
Execllent talk. Only complaint I have is the whole stereotyping you seem to be doing, for instance against the "jock" culture in FPS games. I agree, absolutely, but it kind of makes you seem like a nerd, heavily biased.

Other than that I think this was amazing, and I really applaud you for having this talk. I don't know how big the crowd was, but I had issues holding lectures for a small class of 20, so I can only imagine what this was like for you.
@KristofferAG | http://vestkyststoy.bandcamp.com | last.fm/user/KristofferAG
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
March 28 2012 15:19 GMT
#66
On March 28 2012 12:53 bkrow wrote:
Hey man - i really liked it; it looked like a pretty cool opportunity and i think you sold it well. The only thing for me was i think you played the nerd card a bit too hard

Otherwise really cool presentation =)


Pretty much my though, you presented it well and made it sexy (especially the part with the photo with the guys and his team mates behind me, that's ESPORTS yeah !) but i think you went a little bit overboard with the nerd card.
Like you said, we all hope one day esports will be looked at like any other regular sports and that's why we have to step out of our comfort "nerdy" zone.

Great job overall, i've always taken every opportunity i had to talk about esports, wether it's an class doing a presentation or while being to drunk at a party and forgetting that this girl asking about it doesn't want to hear a full 15min speech about how awesome esports is.
I hope this gets a lot of views on TED.com, keep raising the awareness of ESPORTS !!!
twitter@RickyMarou
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
March 28 2012 15:28 GMT
#67
On March 28 2012 23:03 Whitewing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 22:11 PassiveAce wrote:
On March 28 2012 13:27 Whitewing wrote:
I'm going to be doing a similar presentation soon at a convention (Con Quest) at Umass Amherst, any objection if I use some material from your video? I really liked where you went with a few of the parts.

Hey, I go to Hampshire College and I would love to see this presentation! Can you link some information to this event?


http://umassamherst.collegiatelink.net/organization/gamehobbyistsleague/calendar/details/134288

Saturday April 14th to Monday 16th

More details are going to be released about the event this week.

Thanks man
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Superouman
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
France2195 Posts
March 28 2012 15:30 GMT
#68
Sick speech, you did great
Search "[SO]" on B.net to find all my maps ||| Cloud Kingdom / Turbo Cruise '84 / Bone Temple / Eternal Empire / Zen / Purity and Industry / Golden Wall / Fortitude / Beckett Industries / Waterfall
Emix_Squall
Profile Joined February 2012
France705 Posts
March 28 2012 15:42 GMT
#69
Thx for sharing this love for Starcraft and e-Sports!
People_0f_Color
Profile Joined August 2010
177 Posts
March 28 2012 15:42 GMT
#70
Just curious...what Incontrol interview are you guys talking about?
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
March 28 2012 16:37 GMT
#71
--- Nuked ---
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
March 28 2012 17:14 GMT
#72
Tears in my eyes. That was so inspirational, thank you.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 17:17:30
March 28 2012 17:16 GMT
#73
-deleted-
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
March 28 2012 17:17 GMT
#74
damn! you speak out for me, truly a e-sport hero!
I mean it's people like you and day9 and other people who speak out about e-sport that are gonna change the stereotype of the gaming community
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Noro
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada991 Posts
March 28 2012 17:27 GMT
#75
That was really awesome! I love hearing people talk about love of esports. It makes me remember how much I love esports.
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
monkxly
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada241 Posts
March 28 2012 17:28 GMT
#76
<3 shindigs
get a spire
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
March 28 2012 17:58 GMT
#77
I bet this took a lot of guts to get up there and do, not knowing what kind of reception you would receive. Thanks for taking initiative and helping spread ESPORTS!
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
March 28 2012 18:07 GMT
#78
On March 28 2012 23:03 Whitewing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 22:11 PassiveAce wrote:
On March 28 2012 13:27 Whitewing wrote:
I'm going to be doing a similar presentation soon at a convention (Con Quest) at Umass Amherst, any objection if I use some material from your video? I really liked where you went with a few of the parts.

Hey, I go to Hampshire College and I would love to see this presentation! Can you link some information to this event?


http://umassamherst.collegiatelink.net/organization/gamehobbyistsleague/calendar/details/134288

Saturday April 14th to Monday 16th

More details are going to be released about the event this week.



Better link: http://www.umass.edu/umhome/events/articles/148385.php
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
evaunit01
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States512 Posts
March 28 2012 18:09 GMT
#79
nice one!
Gamertag: William T. Riker - My life for Aiur!
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
March 28 2012 18:16 GMT
#80
On March 29 2012 00:19 Marou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 12:53 bkrow wrote:
Hey man - i really liked it; it looked like a pretty cool opportunity and i think you sold it well. The only thing for me was i think you played the nerd card a bit too hard

Otherwise really cool presentation =)


Pretty much my though, you presented it well and made it sexy (especially the part with the photo with the guys and his team mates behind me, that's ESPORTS yeah !) but i think you went a little bit overboard with the nerd card.
Like you said, we all hope one day esports will be looked at like any other regular sports and that's why we have to step out of our comfort "nerdy" zone.

Great job overall, i've always taken every opportunity i had to talk about esports, wether it's an class doing a presentation or while being to drunk at a party and forgetting that this girl asking about it doesn't want to hear a full 15min speech about how awesome esports is.
I hope this gets a lot of views on TED.com, keep raising the awareness of ESPORTS !!!

if you think that we're not nerds, you are crazy
blabberrrrr
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2575
Artosis 787
910 47
Dota 2
monkeys_forever683
NeuroSwarm189
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv291
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe152
Other Games
summit1g8438
JimRising 630
Day[9].tv303
C9.Mang0262
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick820
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream353
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv303
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.