• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:25
CEST 04:25
KST 11:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9702 users

UI still sub-par 2 years later. Why don't we care? - Page 40

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 87 Next
voy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland348 Posts
February 07 2012 23:25 GMT
#781
You have to turn to the people that Blizzard actually listen to sometimes - the pro's. make an open letter or petition, get the pros to sign it or ask for their opinion/statement. If we could gather like 10 -20 statements, that could actually do something. And maybe an online petition for the players?
I'm a man with a dream. And I look good in jeans. graphic designer looking for freelance work.
creamer
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada128 Posts
February 07 2012 23:43 GMT
#782
very well written... I agree with all of this so I won't comment further
MKP - Best player of all time
Gwypaas
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden41 Posts
February 08 2012 00:18 GMT
#783
On February 08 2012 08:25 voy wrote:
You have to turn to the people that Blizzard actually listen to sometimes - the pro's. make an open letter or petition, get the pros to sign it or ask for their opinion/statement. If we could gather like 10 -20 statements, that could actually do something. And maybe an online petition for the players?

I would say that this topic hasn't been commented on by the pros yet since they are in a tough bind. If they say something towards Blizzard they might lose opportunities, same as encouraging people to complain is bad for their business since their career live or die depending on if we stay in the SC2 community or not. But then we have the other part for them, with an already decreasing popularity it is not going to get better and be sustainable in the long-run if these flaws are not adressed.

Still, bringing pros and notable people on the bandwagon would further increase our leverage towards Blizzard.
Snorkle
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1648 Posts
February 08 2012 00:36 GMT
#784
When developing bnet .02 blizzard kept stressing that they wanted it to be like xbox live. Whenever a developer of PC games is trying to emulate something developed for a console, you know things are fucked up.
Khenra
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands885 Posts
February 08 2012 01:41 GMT
#785
When is the next State of the Game? Someone should call in and ask about their opinion on this issue.
This signature is ruining eSports.
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
February 08 2012 01:51 GMT
#786
On February 07 2012 16:59 FabledIntegral wrote:
Two things still irk me to death.

- Custom game system. It's AWFUL. I miss BW custom game system. Say I want to play a 1v1, vs a masters player, in TvZ. You know what I have to do atm? Fucking scavenge chat channels spamming "any masters Zerg 1v1 TvZ?" and garbage like that. Sometimes, you just want to play a particular matchup for shits and giggles. Sometimes, you just want to work on a MU. But my god, it's nigh impossible to do so atm.

- Chat channels (but at least we have channels...) suck. Def better than nothing, but still suck.

My god, I miss the custom game system so much. I mean with the current system, if it's a public game, the game AUTOSTARTS (wtf?!), and to make it worse, the only way to quit the game is to friggin' log off and relog on! WHAT?!

I want to play a 1v1 on Shakuras Plateau, well it's never giong to happen because the map isn't popular enough. But if I was able to HOST Shakuras, you bet someone would join almost immediately. But no, it isn't popular, so I don't even bother, and I join Shattered instead because it's popular, even though I hate that map, because it's where I'll get a game. But by me joining, I only contribute to the friggin' problem!! Argh... then, in the scenario as I said before, some gold Protoss joins, and the game autostarts, without me having time to tell him "hey, I'm masters, this won't be a fun game." So either I quit, or he quits, or the game starts and someone leaves ASAP, or it's a stupid game that ensues.

/RANT
yes. It just baffles me how Blizzard can screw up SOOO BADLY on so many different levels
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 02:28:48
February 08 2012 02:24 GMT
#787
I just finished wathing ITG (inside the game) And wheat and the boys were talking about the match history page. They were saying they don't like how it is open to everybody. People can go an look at pro players match history and figure out who won which match, which has led to some tournamnet results being spoiled before these matches are even able to be broadcasted.

That got me to thinking, why is there a match history page at all? It has no relevent information. It only shows your match history, wether you won or lost, the name of the player you faced, the map, and the amount of time the match took. Nothing important at all.

Now me being a stat type of guy I usually go in there to see how i've been doing in my last 10 matches or so.

What would you guys think if this match history page was changed into a stats page? Take the ability away to see the results of a game and add some flavor. Not only would this help with tournament matches being spoiled but it would add alot of the cool stuff we have been asking for.

It would show your wins and losses, the ratio between them, percentages of wins/losses on each map, avg game time, how your record stands in your last 10 matches, your win/loss percentage for each race etc etc.

The page itself is a perfect place to put these stats IMO.

Anyways, my questions still are, why is there a match history page? How did Blizzard think this would actually be useful? Does anyone actually use it? And if you do what do you actually use it for?

To me it's basically a 2nd replay page, the only difference is you can't launch the replay from it. Another useless thing added to battle net that could have been something much, much better. And now the only thing it is good for is a way of finding out pro players match results, which could completely spoil the outcome of a major tournament, which actually happened recently with MLG.


Goblinoid, if you are reading this thread, would it be possible to make up a photo for a page like this?
LogiKalFail
Profile Joined February 2012
Cayman Islands30 Posts
February 08 2012 02:30 GMT
#788
I feel theres a reason why blizzard made the UI like this.

Server lag. If you overlord with images in the main page it lags the entire server in the long run
- research "system sustenance theory"

basicually if you flood a system with "data" (ill use layman terms) it slows down.

the type of blizzard thinking = if we cut down on aesthetics it gives everyone a more solid experience? I agree
id rahter not log onto blizzard and be flooded with "nice" looking stuff.

their UI is straight to the point. You dont need your clans name on your tag its pretty pointless. Just rep your clan when it matters
Dem' fUckas
Skee
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada702 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 02:35:59
February 08 2012 02:32 GMT
#789
All I noticed was that the guy stole the chat room from the MS Paint job I did in 2010! (Before they added Masters I think.)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Urth
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1256 Posts
February 08 2012 02:36 GMT
#790
I agree with everyone you wrote. This is still by far the biggest problem with SC2 imo.
BY.HERO FIGHTING!!!!
Goblinoid
Profile Joined February 2011
United States55 Posts
February 08 2012 04:57 GMT
#791
On February 08 2012 11:32 Skee wrote:
All I noticed was that the guy stole the chat room from the MS Paint job I did in 2010! (Before they added Masters I think.)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


-____- I believe I accredited it in my TL thread.

And in all honesty, I owe LzGamer a great deal of esteem for inspiring me to make my own concepts.

Thanks for pointing it out.

On February 08 2012 11:24 magnaflow wrote:
I just finished wathing ITG (inside the game) And wheat and the boys were talking about the match history page. They were saying they don't like how it is open to everybody. People can go an look at pro players match history and figure out who won which match, which has led to some tournamnet results being spoiled before these matches are even able to be broadcasted.

That got me to thinking, why is there a match history page at all? It has no relevent information. It only shows your match history, wether you won or lost, the name of the player you faced, the map, and the amount of time the match took. Nothing important at all.

Now me being a stat type of guy I usually go in there to see how i've been doing in my last 10 matches or so.

What would you guys think if this match history page was changed into a stats page? Take the ability away to see the results of a game and add some flavor. Not only would this help with tournament matches being spoiled but it would add alot of the cool stuff we have been asking for.

It would show your wins and losses, the ratio between them, percentages of wins/losses on each map, avg game time, how your record stands in your last 10 matches, your win/loss percentage for each race etc etc.

The page itself is a perfect place to put these stats IMO.

Anyways, my questions still are, why is there a match history page? How did Blizzard think this would actually be useful? Does anyone actually use it? And if you do what do you actually use it for?

To me it's basically a 2nd replay page, the only difference is you can't launch the replay from it. Another useless thing added to battle net that could have been something much, much better. And now the only thing it is good for is a way of finding out pro players match results, which could completely spoil the outcome of a major tournament, which actually happened recently with MLG.


Goblinoid, if you are reading this thread, would it be possible to make up a photo for a page like this?


I'll see what I can do. good idea.
YumYumGranola
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada346 Posts
February 08 2012 05:08 GMT
#792
I feel like I've posted this on the blizzard like a million times now, and will probably continue to do so, but WTF WHY IS THERE NO SHARED REPLAY OPTION >. I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to implement, but would be so sooooooo awesome.
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
February 08 2012 06:41 GMT
#793
On February 08 2012 06:39 Goblinoid wrote:
Hey guys, I'm really happy to see this discussion resurfacing with such conviction.

Here's some (really) rough concepts I hashed out today: http://imgur.com/a/oiqJP#0

They're two different layouts featuring suggested features. I know it's just the basic home screen, but I'm working at building out a full interactive pdf and I want to have a solid starting point. They both have the general links across the top: Play (links to 1-p, M-p, etc.), News, Forums, Replays, Home (logo), Profile, Achievements, Ladder, Clan.

The first has navigation and communication UI that takes up 44% of the screen, but could potentially be hidden. Positives include constant interaction with chats, friends/clan/party list and even a rotating information display (recent matches, opponents, profile info, etc.).

The second has navigation and communication UI that takes up 18% of the screen, but is by default hidden. This means there's lots of room for the body of the UI (custom game interface, profile surfing, etc.) but you still have the disconnect of having to open and close your chats and friends/clan/party lists.

Let me know if there's one that you prefer, or if there are any ideas you have besides!

Also also, a suggestion: Crtl + Tab to switch between chats (like tabs in a web browser).

Your humble servant,
Goblinoid


I like the first concept more, it has a more well-rounded look. The UI elements could then be hidden to e.g. watch a tournament stream.

On February 08 2012 07:20 voy wrote:
I'm hoping that in the next "State of the Game" they gonna talk about this topic and about this problem overall. Maybe Day[9] could mention that in his daily. If the OP is willing to do this, he could PM the pros on TL and ask them for the support/statements about this subject.


This is more difficult than it may seem at first. Via their teams, most pro players also act as spokespeople who are kind of pro-Blizzard by default (or so I assume). Which doesn't mean they can't have their opinion, which might be similar to ours. As seen in the IdrA/Tasteless video in the OP and other statements as well.

I think I'll message some select casters and organizers first and see what kind of feedback I receive. It's worth a try.
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
February 08 2012 08:37 GMT
#794
If this was broguht up on SOTG it would be great...yeah.
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
Falcor
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada894 Posts
February 08 2012 08:47 GMT
#795
On February 08 2012 10:51 Xapti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 16:59 FabledIntegral wrote:
Two things still irk me to death.

- Custom game system. It's AWFUL. I miss BW custom game system. Say I want to play a 1v1, vs a masters player, in TvZ. You know what I have to do atm? Fucking scavenge chat channels spamming "any masters Zerg 1v1 TvZ?" and garbage like that. Sometimes, you just want to play a particular matchup for shits and giggles. Sometimes, you just want to work on a MU. But my god, it's nigh impossible to do so atm.

- Chat channels (but at least we have channels...) suck. Def better than nothing, but still suck.

My god, I miss the custom game system so much. I mean with the current system, if it's a public game, the game AUTOSTARTS (wtf?!), and to make it worse, the only way to quit the game is to friggin' log off and relog on! WHAT?!

I want to play a 1v1 on Shakuras Plateau, well it's never giong to happen because the map isn't popular enough. But if I was able to HOST Shakuras, you bet someone would join almost immediately. But no, it isn't popular, so I don't even bother, and I join Shattered instead because it's popular, even though I hate that map, because it's where I'll get a game. But by me joining, I only contribute to the friggin' problem!! Argh... then, in the scenario as I said before, some gold Protoss joins, and the game autostarts, without me having time to tell him "hey, I'm masters, this won't be a fun game." So either I quit, or he quits, or the game starts and someone leaves ASAP, or it's a stupid game that ensues.

/RANT
yes. It just baffles me how Blizzard can screw up SOOO BADLY on so many different levels


Yeah i dont get it either. They said the old system(of the scrolling list of games) were to hard to find a game you want. To me it would have made more sense to keep the same system but put in a way to filter the results coming up. So if you only want 1v1 x map only reults matching that will show. Then you can look at the description of the game room to see if you want to join.
iMYoonA
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia462 Posts
February 08 2012 09:01 GMT
#796
On February 03 2012 05:29 Ben... wrote:
I just want them to bring back losses. That motivated me a ton. I would set goals like "get 15 more wins than losses for this season", and then if I achieved that I would bump it up a notch. It helped me improve a ton because I had to practice more and it felt like every game mattered.


i manually count.... because this to me is really important
*yoona | taeyeon | jiyeon | na eun | cho rong | IU | nana | suzy | yejin*
Everlong
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 09:05:40
February 08 2012 09:05 GMT
#797
On February 08 2012 14:08 YumYumGranola wrote:
I feel like I've posted this on the blizzard like a million times now, and will probably continue to do so, but WTF WHY IS THERE NO SHARED REPLAY OPTION >. I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to implement, but would be so sooooooo awesome.


Hm, sorry to ask, but is it such a problem to just try a bit and synch 2 replays with your buddy together? I mean, no offence, but could you explain to me, why would it be such a huge improvement? I'm willing to listen..
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
February 08 2012 09:38 GMT
#798
On February 08 2012 04:31 Genie1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 04:16 Daniri wrote:
On February 08 2012 04:07 Genie1 wrote:
There is a reason why its called Activision Blizzard, Inc. look at the order of the company names. Blizzard Entertainment died on July 9, 2008. If people honestly think that Activision doesn't have a say in Blizzard games are lying to themselves when Blizzard needed this merger in order to survive because without it the company would have probably gone under.


Activision didn't merge with Blizzard, it merged with Vivendi.


Vivendi owns Blizzard thus Activision does too and has word in anything Blizzard does and that's why all these premium services started appearing out of nowhere after they merged.

Blizzard makes the games. I blame Blizzard.
zuperketla
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway212 Posts
February 08 2012 09:40 GMT
#799
state of the game needs to discuss this !!! gogo poke JP!
heyho
Kid-Fox
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada400 Posts
February 08 2012 09:44 GMT
#800
While this is not entirely about the Battle.net 0.2 UI, I feel it has some relevance to the discussion.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/07/blizzards-battle-net-balance-is-live/

Rundown is, we'll be able to convert our money into "Blizzard bucks", which are used to make microtransactions (name change, amongst other non-SC2 things).

I really doubt Blizzard is going to listen to our complaints and make major rehauls. By the looks of this move here they're out for absolute maximization of profit, which is not atypical of a business, after all, but it's still sad to see. I'm guessing their thoughts are "Well hardcore fans everywhere + pros playing on different servers will still buy the game + its expansions, right? Even regardless of UI improvements. No $$$ to gain, so no need to move a muscle on this one." It was pretty obvious from the time they announced 2 expansions instead of one, promising "3 entirely unique, separate, fullsized campaigns", when they know very well a majority of this game's popularity is in the multiplayer/pro scene.

Nothing against Blizzard for trying to make more money. It's just too bad basically every company that makes it big goes this route...
On February 08 2012 18:05 Everlong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 14:08 YumYumGranola wrote:
I feel like I've posted this on the blizzard like a million times now, and will probably continue to do so, but WTF WHY IS THERE NO SHARED REPLAY OPTION >. I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to implement, but would be so sooooooo awesome.


Hm, sorry to ask, but is it such a problem to just try a bit and synch 2 replays with your buddy together? I mean, no offence, but could you explain to me, why would it be such a huge improvement? I'm willing to listen..


I didn't know about shared replay watching in bw, but I'm guessing it is a lot more convenient to be in a replay as if it was a multiplayer game, so chat is much easier and there is never confusion about where someone's at in the replay. As well, you could probably ping the minimap and make unit selections easily visible (dotted rings, like in team games). But that's simply for analysis. For entertainment I think it'd be fun to watch a crazy pro replay together with buddies. That might be where all the hype is coming from.
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 276
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10800
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1151
NeuroSwarm149
febbydoto56
League of Legends
Doublelift5518
JimRising 672
Counter-Strike
minikerr33
taco 12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox760
Mew2King36
Other Games
summit1g9620
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick363
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo495
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 35m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.