• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:35
CEST 00:35
KST 07:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8411 users

Stephano forfeits ONOG Finals - Page 82

Forum Index > SC2 General
1731 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 87 Next
TSBspartacus
Profile Joined October 2011
England1046 Posts
February 01 2012 14:00 GMT
#1621
On February 01 2012 20:51 Black17 wrote:
80 pages for this.... really ? -.-


Surely.... you're not helping? Idiot. Anyway my view is that (Z)Stephano was entirely within his rights to forfeit, he wasn't in a fit state to play. Or maybe he was scared of (T)Kas, who knows :D


User was warned for this post
watchman
Profile Joined January 2012
8 Posts
February 01 2012 14:04 GMT
#1622
Hi

Stephano made a statement about the situation @Millenium.org:

"I wanted to apologize to ONOG Staff and all my fans. I didn't know that the event was casted live from a Barcraft, and also that so much people were watching my games in finals. I had played two competitions the same day and handling time was an issue. As a result, it was difficult to find a good compromise to satisfy everyone. Be sure that I understand my mistake and all it means to the ONOG Staff, that's why I completely agree with their decision regarding my ranking. I will do my best in the future to prevent this kind of situation." Stephano.

So he didn't know about the barcraft live.... well i don't know if it's not worse than his behaviour..
What i think is that Stephano is an arrogant 18 yo kid completely aware of the fact that he's one the best player at Sc2. That's why he's acting like this and doesn't about what fans or people think.
However he's so fun to watch that i'll be the first one to watch his stream again...
Broodwurst
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1586 Posts
February 01 2012 14:06 GMT
#1623
On February 01 2012 23:04 watchman wrote:
So he didn't know about the barcraft live.... well i don't know if it's not worse than his behaviour..


How would that be worse?
Fanboys = (ウ╹◡╹)ウ /// I like smiley faces
mrGRAPE
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore293 Posts
February 01 2012 14:08 GMT
#1624
On February 01 2012 23:04 watchman wrote:
Hi

Stephano made a statement about the situation @Millenium.org:

"I wanted to apologize to ONOG Staff and all my fans. I didn't know that the event was casted live from a Barcraft, and also that so much people were watching my games in finals. I had played two competitions the same day and handling time was an issue. As a result, it was difficult to find a good compromise to satisfy everyone. Be sure that I understand my mistake and all it means to the ONOG Staff, that's why I completely agree with their decision regarding my ranking. I will do my best in the future to prevent this kind of situation." Stephano.

So he didn't know about the barcraft live.... well i don't know if it's not worse than his behaviour..
What i think is that Stephano is an arrogant 18 yo kid completely aware of the fact that he's one the best player at Sc2. That's why he's acting like this and doesn't about what fans or people think.
However he's so fun to watch that i'll be the first one to watch his stream again...



Well at least that's cleared up.
Starcraft 2 and eSports enthusiast. https://twitter.com/#!/mrGRAPETV | http://mrgrapetv.wordpress.com/
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2012 14:23 GMT
#1625
On February 01 2012 23:04 watchman wrote:
Hi

Stephano made a statement about the situation @Millenium.org:

"I wanted to apologize to ONOG Staff and all my fans. I didn't know that the event was casted live from a Barcraft, and also that so much people were watching my games in finals. I had played two competitions the same day and handling time was an issue. As a result, it was difficult to find a good compromise to satisfy everyone. Be sure that I understand my mistake and all it means to the ONOG Staff, that's why I completely agree with their decision regarding my ranking. I will do my best in the future to prevent this kind of situation." Stephano.

So he didn't know about the barcraft live.... well i don't know if it's not worse than his behaviour..
What i think is that Stephano is an arrogant 18 yo kid completely aware of the fact that he's one the best player at Sc2. That's why he's acting like this and doesn't about what fans or people think.
However he's so fun to watch that i'll be the first one to watch his stream again...


lol dude shut the hell up. At least you have enough sense to realize that your comment is fucking stupid enough, that you had to make a new account just to post it. What the hell does fatigue have to do with arrogance? He was out of juice, made a decision not to continue and was penalized for it. The fact that he gave up over a grand in a tournament he could have won should be reason enough for people to shut up about it and stop overreacting. The SC2 scene itself needs better management, more mature fans and critics, as well as more organized events, contracts, and an organization like Kespa who would manage what time an event is to be played at what time on which day (this would eliminate scheduling conflicts) unlike organizations who choose a day put up a big prize and expect the players to deliver their full input. Seriously, until you people mature, I don't ever see SC2 being a professional esport. Focus your energy on ways to spread news about the game rather then trying to debate and criticize every fucking thing you can.

User was warned for this post
s4life
Profile Joined March 2007
Peru1519 Posts
February 01 2012 14:34 GMT
#1626
On February 01 2012 23:23 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 23:04 watchman wrote:
Hi

Stephano made a statement about the situation @Millenium.org:

"I wanted to apologize to ONOG Staff and all my fans. I didn't know that the event was casted live from a Barcraft, and also that so much people were watching my games in finals. I had played two competitions the same day and handling time was an issue. As a result, it was difficult to find a good compromise to satisfy everyone. Be sure that I understand my mistake and all it means to the ONOG Staff, that's why I completely agree with their decision regarding my ranking. I will do my best in the future to prevent this kind of situation." Stephano.

So he didn't know about the barcraft live.... well i don't know if it's not worse than his behaviour..
What i think is that Stephano is an arrogant 18 yo kid completely aware of the fact that he's one the best player at Sc2. That's why he's acting like this and doesn't about what fans or people think.
However he's so fun to watch that i'll be the first one to watch his stream again...


lol dude shut the hell up. At least you have enough sense to realize that your comment is fucking stupid enough, that you had to make a new account just to post it. What the hell does fatigue have to do with arrogance? He was out of juice, made a decision not to continue and was penalized for it. The fact that he gave up over a grand in a tournament he could have won should be reason enough for people to shut up about it and stop overreacting. The SC2 scene itself needs better management, more mature fans and critics, as well as more organized events, contracts, and an organization like Kespa who would manage what time an event is to be played at what time on which day (this would eliminate scheduling conflicts) unlike organizations who choose a day put up a big prize and expect the players to deliver their full input. Seriously, until you people mature, I don't ever see SC2 being a professional esport. Focus your energy on ways to spread news about the game rather then trying to debate and criticize every fucking thing you can.


You are not helping the cause.

Still, since he apologized I guess we can move on. Hopefully, he's learned from this and won't try to schedule two long tournaments in a day, with the second one being played in the US.. that was pretty poor planing/management/professionalism... call it whatever you like.
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
February 01 2012 14:55 GMT
#1627
On February 01 2012 23:04 watchman wrote:
Hi

Stephano made a statement about the situation @Millenium.org:

"I wanted to apologize to ONOG Staff and all my fans. I didn't know that the event was casted live from a Barcraft, and also that so much people were watching my games in finals. I had played two competitions the same day and handling time was an issue. As a result, it was difficult to find a good compromise to satisfy everyone. Be sure that I understand my mistake and all it means to the ONOG Staff, that's why I completely agree with their decision regarding my ranking. I will do my best in the future to prevent this kind of situation." Stephano.

So he didn't know about the barcraft live.... well i don't know if it's not worse than his behaviour..
What i think is that Stephano is an arrogant 18 yo kid completely aware of the fact that he's one the best player at Sc2. That's why he's acting like this and doesn't about what fans or people think.
However he's so fun to watch that i'll be the first one to watch his stream again...


Here's the link

http://www.millenium.org/starcraft-2/accueil/actualites/sc2-communique-stephano-sur-l-onog-one-nation-of-gamer-et-millenium-60439
NeWeNiyaLord
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway2474 Posts
February 01 2012 14:58 GMT
#1628
On February 01 2012 23:04 watchman wrote:
Hi

Stephano made a statement about the situation @Millenium.org:

"I wanted to apologize to ONOG Staff and all my fans. I didn't know that the event was casted live from a Barcraft, and also that so much people were watching my games in finals. I had played two competitions the same day and handling time was an issue. As a result, it was difficult to find a good compromise to satisfy everyone. Be sure that I understand my mistake and all it means to the ONOG Staff, that's why I completely agree with their decision regarding my ranking. I will do my best in the future to prevent this kind of situation." Stephano.

So he didn't know about the barcraft live.... well i don't know if it's not worse than his behaviour..
What i think is that Stephano is an arrogant 18 yo kid completely aware of the fact that he's one the best player at Sc2. That's why he's acting like this and doesn't about what fans or people think.
However he's so fun to watch that i'll be the first one to watch his stream again...

Thats good, sad for the people at the barcraft tho!
This is where we begin. Show your true self, Battosai.
themask4f
Profile Joined December 2011
138 Posts
February 01 2012 14:58 GMT
#1629
that is a billion times more douchy than what naniwa did and he gets is a disqual
Yolpo
Profile Joined January 2012
France9 Posts
February 01 2012 15:36 GMT
#1630
Where is the Tyler statement?
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
February 01 2012 15:40 GMT
#1631
Not in a thread about stephano, one might think.
Flix
Profile Joined June 2011
Belgium114 Posts
February 01 2012 15:42 GMT
#1632
Fine he was late but you can't delay a match till 2:30 AM and expect a good match. I'd be farkin pissed if that happened to me.
The drone became an extractor !
Flix
Profile Joined June 2011
Belgium114 Posts
February 01 2012 15:44 GMT
#1633
On February 01 2012 23:58 NeWeNiyaLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 23:04 watchman wrote:
Hi

Stephano made a statement about the situation @Millenium.org:

"I wanted to apologize to ONOG Staff and all my fans. I didn't know that the event was casted live from a Barcraft, and also that so much people were watching my games in finals. I had played two competitions the same day and handling time was an issue. As a result, it was difficult to find a good compromise to satisfy everyone. Be sure that I understand my mistake and all it means to the ONOG Staff, that's why I completely agree with their decision regarding my ranking. I will do my best in the future to prevent this kind of situation." Stephano.

So he didn't know about the barcraft live.... well i don't know if it's not worse than his behaviour..
What i think is that Stephano is an arrogant 18 yo kid completely aware of the fact that he's one the best player at Sc2. That's why he's acting like this and doesn't about what fans or people think.
However he's so fun to watch that i'll be the first one to watch his stream again...

Thats good, sad for the people at the barcraft tho!



I think he needs to be more considerate. I've seen alot of "don't care" attitude from him. Typical fr... sorry I mean typical youngster...
The drone became an extractor !
D_K_night
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada615 Posts
February 01 2012 16:02 GMT
#1634
you buy the ticket, you get on the ride

If I was contracted to work from 2AM - 7AM...when my regular hours are 8AM - 5PM...well you know what I would do?

I would you know...do things such as, sleep in advance, get enough rest in advance, eat well in preparation, etc. In short, prepare myself for the shift. Do everything I humanly can. In advance.

If I felt fatigue halfway through the shift - again - what things have I brought with me, to prepare for this? Energy drink...coffee, the list goes on ad infinitum.

Would you not also do likewise? Would it not be unprofessional to show up at your shift, and say to your boss "I'm hungry" the moment you show up? Are you not expected to be ready and willing to work? Ask yourself these questions.
Canada
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46489 Posts
February 01 2012 16:06 GMT
#1635
On February 02 2012 00:36 Yolpo wrote:
Where is the Tyler statement?


Came out a while ago. Get with the program
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
JackDragon
Profile Joined February 2011
525 Posts
February 01 2012 16:07 GMT
#1636
On February 02 2012 00:36 Yolpo wrote:
Where is the Tyler statement?


On January 31 2012 11:37 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Medical reasons unrelated to depression. Apologies to ONOG for not providing any explanation of my absence. That kind of behavior is extremely unprofessional and I regret it. I'll make sure it's the last time.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=307685&currentpage=4#66

There is his statement
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
February 01 2012 16:08 GMT
#1637
On February 02 2012 00:36 Yolpo wrote:
Where is the Tyler statement?


here:

On January 31 2012 11:37 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Medical reasons unrelated to depression. Apologies to ONOG for not providing any explanation of my absence. That kind of behavior is extremely unprofessional and I regret it. I'll make sure it's the last time.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Tyrr
Profile Joined March 2011
United States216 Posts
February 01 2012 16:15 GMT
#1638
On February 01 2012 20:32 Megabuster123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 20:30 Frankon wrote:
On February 01 2012 20:24 Megabuster123 wrote:
On February 01 2012 20:23 Juice! wrote:
On February 01 2012 20:19 Frankon wrote:
On February 01 2012 20:07 Velr wrote:
On February 01 2012 19:58 purpose wrote:
Lets blame Naniwa!! nah but serious though, I dont really mind that Stephano did this, but imagine if it would have been Naniwa? Naniwa gave up a pointless game and all hell brakes lose. Stephano just did not play a final and nothing really big comes out of it.

Seem that there is a difference in how we judge players.


Proberushing is much, MUCH worse than forfaiting.
Both sitautions are/were "bad", but Proberushing is about the worst thing you can do.. Except probably killing your own Nexus...

Not sure about the Nexus. But killing your own CC with SCVs happened already in a pro game....


are you sure? Where?

Idra Vs. MMA at MLG Orlando I believe.

Edit: The proberush was in an irrelevant game after they wouldn't let him forfeit....>_>

Actually it was Goody vs drewbie.
Check Goody fanclub. There is a meme of it ^^

lol, I think MMA killed his CC with marines now that you mention that.


It was siege tanks, and it was a mistake since the rocks he meant to hit were literally right next to the CC. There's no correlation between MMA's situation and what Drewbie did.
im bad
watchman
Profile Joined January 2012
8 Posts
February 01 2012 16:44 GMT
#1639
@Blaze:
How does a new account make a post idiot ? don't understand
you're making presomptions from what i said.
What i said is that he's arrogant; not because he forfeited (btw i think he should have kept his prize money and rank because for me, fatigue=injury) but by the way he handled his forfeit (logging out after ultimatum to the organisers) which means he doesn't care about anyone.
What i think is allmost worse bloodwurst is: Stephano didn't know about the barcraft thing which means again he doesn't care about people or fans; come on he's supposed to know about a tournament he decided to participate at !

Finally i would like to say i'm pretty disappointed by a man who wants to be a doctor later. I know (cause i am one) that when you're on call for 24 hours , you have to be able to work for 24 hours, you just can't say "mmm no i'm tired iwon't take care of that patient" because IT'S YOUR JOB ! Stephano should feel comitted to the end to a tournament he decide to participate at.
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
February 01 2012 16:58 GMT
#1640
It depends, if the people running the tournament made Stephano aware of the timings for the tournament then it is dreadful that stephano forfeited his game.

If we want E-Sports to get bigger then the players must understand that they must act at a professional standard, infact, you will find with all other sports (Yes I'm talking about football and soccer ext.) that this kind of behaviour would not be tolerated unless there was a huge reason as to why he couldn't play.

When you play a tournament, make sure you know about the times you have to play, and if you can't oblidge to those times then simply don't enter the tournament. It's disgusting to be honest.
Derp
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 186
Nina 124
SteadfastSC 65
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 464
910 59
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm3
League of Legends
Doublelift1074
Super Smash Bros
PPMD56
Other Games
summit1g9151
Grubby2819
shahzam592
C9.Mang0241
PiGStarcraft214
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• musti20045 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21448
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
25m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.