• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:06
CEST 11:06
KST 18:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6897 users

TLPD Winrate Charts: December - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
DawN883
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden558 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-06 19:18:03
January 06 2012 19:16 GMT
#321
On January 03 2012 03:28 Gurafity wrote:
These data come from the pros, and is not representative of all players. P>T in lowers leagues.


This. The reason that Terran players complain is that every terran player is not MVP or Puma. These statistics prove that terran might be better on tip top play. But for the rest of the world it's not like this and the majority of low level players think that protoss is way stronger.
If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die
biology]major
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2253 Posts
January 06 2012 19:25 GMT
#322
On January 07 2012 04:16 AceTenRyu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2012 03:28 Gurafity wrote:
These data come from the pros, and is not representative of all players. P>T in lowers leagues.


This. The reason that Terran players complain is that every terran player is not MVP or Puma. These statistics prove that terran might be better on tip top play. But for the rest of the world it's not like this and the majority of low level players think that protoss is way stronger.


ok then get better, I don't understand the problem here
Question.?
Rednaxela_19
Profile Joined December 2010
United States150 Posts
January 06 2012 19:35 GMT
#323
It seems like Koreans have achieved slightly more balance than foreign players in general. Otherwise, Protoss is kind of screwed against Terrans and Zergs. lol
Avril_Lavigne
Profile Joined April 2010
United States446 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-06 19:45:10
January 06 2012 19:44 GMT
#324
It's absolutely retarded that TvP is starting to heavily favor Terran once again. I won't doubt that we'll hear more Protoss QQ Terran imba after seeing these results. But really, you can't say that you haven't had enough buffs to get good at the match up because that is just completely wrong. And how are you going to say that Terran needs another nerf to even up the statistics in the TvP match up. IMO Protoss just aren't adapting and getting better to Terran play. If EMP radius reduction wasn't a big enough difference for Protoss to start actually winning games then maybe they need actually work on tactics such as positioning and spllitting your forces better or perhaps start innovating on different effective strategies. I just don't see any excuse in why the results ended up that way because it literally makes 0% sense that after being "heavily nerfed" Terran just suddenly got even more imba
llKenZyll
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States853 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-09 22:45:07
January 06 2012 19:50 GMT
#325
Terran is still OP

User was temp banned for this post.
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/nd6nd/tang_in_his_natural_habitat/
Avril_Lavigne
Profile Joined April 2010
United States446 Posts
January 06 2012 19:59 GMT
#326
On January 02 2012 21:59 StarcraftNerd1547 wrote:
I think the thing about TvP is that unless you have godly micro as T it's incredibly hard to win a late game engagement as terran. The reason why terran though is favored in these charts though is that in pro-level terrans has that micro which i was talking about and protoss can't do much about about it as TvP engagements is mostly about what terran does. If terran does a shit job and misses all EMP and gets his vikings kiled before defeating the toss army he loses, if he hits all EMP and kills every collosi before they can do significant damage he wins. This is why pros with good micro wins TvP and gold-level scrubs loses it.

I feel like the matchup needs a rework.


So what you're saying is that in a late game scenario 200 vs 200 army. A gold terran player (we can assume that his micro is absolutely bad) will almost always lose to a gold Protoss player because the micro ability of the terran player is no where near GM/High Master while in the Protoss case, it doesn't really matter what Protoss does in engagements, a simple gold level 1a will do the job in most Leagues. Seems pretty balanced to me.
Recognizable
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Netherlands1552 Posts
January 06 2012 20:05 GMT
#327
On January 07 2012 04:44 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
It's absolutely retarded that TvP is starting to heavily favor Terran once again. I won't doubt that we'll hear more Protoss QQ Terran imba after seeing these results. But really, you can't say that you haven't had enough buffs to get good at the match up because that is just completely wrong. And how are you going to say that Terran needs another nerf to even up the statistics in the TvP match up. IMO Protoss just aren't adapting and getting better to Terran play. If EMP radius reduction wasn't a big enough difference for Protoss to start actually winning games then maybe they need actually work on tactics such as positioning and spllitting your forces better or perhaps start innovating on different effective strategies. I just don't see any excuse in why the results ended up that way because it literally makes 0% sense that after being "heavily nerfed" Terran just suddenly got even more imba


Maybe terran players are actually better then protoss players :O
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 06 2012 20:38 GMT
#328
On January 07 2012 05:05 Recognizable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2012 04:44 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
It's absolutely retarded that TvP is starting to heavily favor Terran once again. I won't doubt that we'll hear more Protoss QQ Terran imba after seeing these results. But really, you can't say that you haven't had enough buffs to get good at the match up because that is just completely wrong. And how are you going to say that Terran needs another nerf to even up the statistics in the TvP match up. IMO Protoss just aren't adapting and getting better to Terran play. If EMP radius reduction wasn't a big enough difference for Protoss to start actually winning games then maybe they need actually work on tactics such as positioning and spllitting your forces better or perhaps start innovating on different effective strategies. I just don't see any excuse in why the results ended up that way because it literally makes 0% sense that after being "heavily nerfed" Terran just suddenly got even more imba


Maybe terran players are actually better then protoss players :O


Occam's razor states otherwise. It more likely that the meta game has shifted to protoss may have an edge in the late game. However, it is likely that new terran styles of play will emerge that will address this. Also, the graphs do not support any of the arguments that terran players are doing badly. Still some players will argue that terran they are so much better than their opponents and the only reason protoss wins is because they are the A-move race.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-06 20:49:33
January 06 2012 20:48 GMT
#329
On January 07 2012 05:05 Recognizable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2012 04:44 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
It's absolutely retarded that TvP is starting to heavily favor Terran once again. I won't doubt that we'll hear more Protoss QQ Terran imba after seeing these results. But really, you can't say that you haven't had enough buffs to get good at the match up because that is just completely wrong. And how are you going to say that Terran needs another nerf to even up the statistics in the TvP match up. IMO Protoss just aren't adapting and getting better to Terran play. If EMP radius reduction wasn't a big enough difference for Protoss to start actually winning games then maybe they need actually work on tactics such as positioning and spllitting your forces better or perhaps start innovating on different effective strategies. I just don't see any excuse in why the results ended up that way because it literally makes 0% sense that after being "heavily nerfed" Terran just suddenly got even more imba


Maybe terran players are actually better then protoss players :O

That's what he's saying. :p
But we see more and more all in in tvp since it seems that late game somehow favor protoss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
DawN883
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden558 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-06 21:01:36
January 06 2012 20:54 GMT
#330
On January 07 2012 04:25 biology]major wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2012 04:16 AceTenRyu wrote:
On January 03 2012 03:28 Gurafity wrote:
These data come from the pros, and is not representative of all players. P>T in lowers leagues.


This. The reason that Terran players complain is that every terran player is not MVP or Puma. These statistics prove that terran might be better on tip top play. But for the rest of the world it's not like this and the majority of low level players think that protoss is way stronger.


ok then get better, I don't understand the problem here


You can't "just get better" and hop into master league. srsly it's not that easy. If the real solution to everything was to just get better protoss wouldn't even complain at PvT and they would just get better

EDIT: I know the real solution is to get better but it's not really that simple as you make it sound
If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die
biology]major
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2253 Posts
January 06 2012 21:55 GMT
#331
On January 07 2012 05:54 AceTenRyu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2012 04:25 biology]major wrote:
On January 07 2012 04:16 AceTenRyu wrote:
On January 03 2012 03:28 Gurafity wrote:
These data come from the pros, and is not representative of all players. P>T in lowers leagues.


This. The reason that Terran players complain is that every terran player is not MVP or Puma. These statistics prove that terran might be better on tip top play. But for the rest of the world it's not like this and the majority of low level players think that protoss is way stronger.


ok then get better, I don't understand the problem here


You can't "just get better" and hop into master league. srsly it's not that easy. If the real solution to everything was to just get better protoss wouldn't even complain at PvT and they would just get better

EDIT: I know the real solution is to get better but it's not really that simple as you make it sound


No one said it was simple or easy, its just understood that sc is an incredibly difficult game to get good at. It takes massive amounts of time and hardwork, something low level players do not put in. Then they complain that the matchup is imbalanced at "their" level. It does not make any sense
Question.?
galivet
Profile Joined February 2011
288 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-06 22:56:03
January 06 2012 22:45 GMT
#332
On January 07 2012 00:16 Xalorian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2012 23:39 Rye. wrote:

@ZenithM
Im plat terran. My TvP is 30%, my TvZ is 70%....go figure.

@Xalorian
The winrates are from TL database. They have almost no relevance to the ladder. Most people that whine are below masters league. So these graphs have even less relevance to them.


Another one with a TvP of 30%, lol.

Why are those "Below master" are fucking whining in this thread if this thread have no relevance to them? This make no sense, sorry.

And, I will repeat it : blizzard income from SC2 do NOT come from low level players playing casually, and will never be. Those players have already bought the game, anyway, so eh? And you do understand that probably half if not more of those who bought the game are playing only custom games and are absolutly not competitive? And that the other half care more about high level play than their own play, because they are following the scene?

And you do understand that blizzard probably make way more money from sponsoring tournament, from receiving money from tournamenet and organisation for "rights" of using their games, and from all the people that heard of the scene because of tournament and etc and have bought the game afterward?

Saying that blizzard need to start balacing the game toward low level players to make money is retarded, sorry. The game is that popular only because SC1 was competitive and balanced toward high level players, in the first place.

And no, blizzard is not balancing toward low and high level players. It is only balanced toward high level players and it's fine this way.

Don't worry. Blizzard know how to make money and they don't need tips.


I don't agree with this.

I was a diamond player. I got bored with the game during the extended "sad zealot" period that lasted most of this year and mostly stopped playing. I wasn't close to a pro, but I also knew that I never would be because I have a life outside of this game. I lost interest because the game isn't balanced at diamond level; it makes the game feel flawed. I don't care if it's balanced at some perfect level of play that I would never achieve; if I'm going to put my time in I want it to be balanced for me. So I mostly stopped playing, but I continued to watch the GSL and a few streams for entertainment.

I'm gamer, though, and just watching from the sidelines doesn't cut it for me. So I started playing LoL instead. Shortly thereafter I stopped playing SC2 completely and stopped watching streams and tournaments because I...just moved on. I check this forum on TL every Friday to see whether some new patch of awesomeness is pending that would make me interested in the game again. From what I've seen of HotS, it doesn't look interesting enough to pay for when there are more fun games in the genre that are 100% free like LoL.

Starcraft 2 may as well bear a warning label, "Not for casual play". Not because it's hard, but because it's not balanced at the levels of skill that casual players can reach. It leads to people giving up on playing the game out of frustration. People who stop playing eventually stop watching tournaments too, and that means they stop contributing to Blizzard's income. Gamers are not like couch-potato football fans who are content to cheer at a television set broadcasting a game they could never hope to play. Gamers care about games they can play themselves, on even footing with their competition.

Hell, even in football, it's one football team playing another football team at the game of football. It's not a football team playing against a cricket team at the game of polo. What does balance even mean in a game like SC2, outside of mirror-matches? In LoL it's so much more clearcut.
maize
Profile Joined August 2010
United States38 Posts
January 06 2012 22:56 GMT
#333
On January 07 2012 07:45 galivet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2012 00:16 Xalorian wrote:
On January 06 2012 23:39 Rye. wrote:

@ZenithM
Im plat terran. My TvP is 30%, my TvZ is 70%....go figure.

@Xalorian
The winrates are from TL database. They have almost no relevance to the ladder. Most people that whine are below masters league. So these graphs have even less relevance to them.


Another one with a TvP of 30%, lol.

Why are those "Below master" are fucking whining in this thread if this thread have no relevance to them? This make no sense, sorry.

And, I will repeat it : blizzard income from SC2 do NOT come from low level players playing casually, and will never be. Those players have already bought the game, anyway, so eh? And you do understand that probably half if not more of those who bought the game are playing only custom games and are absolutly not competitive? And that the other half care more about high level play than their own play, because they are following the scene?

And you do understand that blizzard probably make way more money from sponsoring tournament, from receiving money from tournamenet and organisation for "rights" of using their games, and from all the people that heard of the scene because of tournament and etc and have bought the game afterward?

Saying that blizzard need to start balacing the game toward low level players to make money is retarded, sorry. The game is that popular only because SC1 was competitive and balanced toward high level players, in the first place.

And no, blizzard is not balancing toward low and high level players. It is only balanced toward high level players and it's fine this way.

Don't worry. Blizzard know how to make money and they don't need tips.


I don't agree with this.

I was a diamond player. I got bored with the game during the extended "sad zealot" period that lasted most of this year and mostly stopped playing. I wasn't close to a pro, but I also knew that I never would be because I have a life outside of this game. I lost interest because the game isn't balanced at diamond level; it makes the game feel flawed. I don't care if it's balanced at some perfect level of play that I would never achieve; if I'm going to put my time in I want it to be balanced for me. So I mostly stopped playing, but I continued to watch the GSL and a few streams for entertainment.

I'm gamer, though, and just watching from the sidelines doesn't cut it for me. So I started playing LoL instead. Shortly thereafter I stopped playing SC2 completely and stopped watching streams and tournaments because I...just moved on. I check this forum on TL every Friday to see whether some new patch of awesomeness is pending that would make me interested in the game again. From what I've seen of HotS, it doesn't look interesting enough to pay for when there are more fun games in the genre that are 100% free like LoL.

Starcraft 2 may as well bear a warning label, "Not for casual play". Not because it's hard, but because it's not balanced at the levels of skill that casual players can reach. It leads to people giving up on playing the game out of frustration. People who stop playing eventually stop watching tournaments too, and that means they stop contributing to Blizzard's income. Gamers are not like couch-potato football fans who are content to cheer at a television set broadcasting a game they could never hope to play. Gamers care about games they can play themselves.


this sums up my thoughts pretty well.

you can't balance a game at the top level of play and expect it to be successful. people who buy the game expecting to play ladder want the game to be balanced for them and 99% of them are not pro.
Recognizable
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Netherlands1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-06 23:05:18
January 06 2012 23:01 GMT
#334
I don't agree with this.

I was a diamond player. I got bored with the game during the extended "sad zealot" period that lasted most of this year and mostly stopped playing. I wasn't close to a pro, but I also knew that I never would be because I have a life outside of this game. I lost interest because the game isn't balanced at diamond level; it makes the game feel flawed. I don't care if it's balanced at some perfect level of play that I would never achieve; if I'm going to put my time in I want it to be balanced for me. So I mostly stopped playing, but I continued to watch the GSL and a few streams for entertainment.

I'm gamer, though, and just watching from the sidelines doesn't cut it for me. So I started playing LoL instead. Shortly thereafter I stopped playing SC2 completely and stopped watching streams and tournaments because I...just moved on. I check this forum on TL every Friday to see whether some new patch of awesomeness is pending that would make me interested in the game again. From what I've seen of HotS, it doesn't look interesting enough to pay for when there are more fun games in the genre that are 100% free like LoL.

Starcraft 2 may as well bear a warning label, "Not for casual play". Not because it's hard, but because it's not balanced at the levels of skill that casual players can reach. It leads to people giving up on playing the game out of frustration. People who stop playing eventually stop watching tournaments too, and that means they stop contributing to Blizzard's income. Gamers are not like couch-potato football fans who are content to cheer at a television set broadcasting a game they could never hope to play. Gamers care about games they can play themselves.


No offense, but there was no reason to believe protoss was underpowered at a diamond level of play during the sad zealot period. I even think protoss is probably the strongest at such level because most can macro decent but not micro and terran has to kite and stuff. The real reason people stop playing this game is because it's such a mentally challenging game and the easiest thing to do is blame the game instead of yourself.


Occam's razor states otherwise. It more likely that the meta game has shifted to protoss may have an edge in the late game. However, it is likely that new terran styles of play will emerge that will address this. Also, the graphs do not support any of the arguments that terran players are doing badly. Still some players will argue that terran they are so much better than their opponents and the only reason protoss wins is because they are the A-move race.


Wouldn't be believing that Terran players are actually better be the simplest explanation? Seeing how there are so many variables involved into balancing, and also that terran has been the last couple of patches yet keep winning the same amount.
rEpulse
Profile Joined July 2011
United States77 Posts
January 06 2012 23:09 GMT
#335
On January 07 2012 07:45 galivet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2012 00:16 Xalorian wrote:
On January 06 2012 23:39 Rye. wrote:

@ZenithM
Im plat terran. My TvP is 30%, my TvZ is 70%....go figure.

@Xalorian
The winrates are from TL database. They have almost no relevance to the ladder. Most people that whine are below masters league. So these graphs have even less relevance to them.


Another one with a TvP of 30%, lol.

Why are those "Below master" are fucking whining in this thread if this thread have no relevance to them? This make no sense, sorry.

And, I will repeat it : blizzard income from SC2 do NOT come from low level players playing casually, and will never be. Those players have already bought the game, anyway, so eh? And you do understand that probably half if not more of those who bought the game are playing only custom games and are absolutly not competitive? And that the other half care more about high level play than their own play, because they are following the scene?

And you do understand that blizzard probably make way more money from sponsoring tournament, from receiving money from tournamenet and organisation for "rights" of using their games, and from all the people that heard of the scene because of tournament and etc and have bought the game afterward?

Saying that blizzard need to start balacing the game toward low level players to make money is retarded, sorry. The game is that popular only because SC1 was competitive and balanced toward high level players, in the first place.

And no, blizzard is not balancing toward low and high level players. It is only balanced toward high level players and it's fine this way.

Don't worry. Blizzard know how to make money and they don't need tips.


I don't agree with this.

I was a diamond player. I got bored with the game during the extended "sad zealot" period that lasted most of this year and mostly stopped playing. I wasn't close to a pro, but I also knew that I never would be because I have a life outside of this game. I lost interest because the game isn't balanced at diamond level; it makes the game feel flawed. I don't care if it's balanced at some perfect level of play that I would never achieve; if I'm going to put my time in I want it to be balanced for me. So I mostly stopped playing, but I continued to watch the GSL and a few streams for entertainment.

I'm gamer, though, and just watching from the sidelines doesn't cut it for me. So I started playing LoL instead. Shortly thereafter I stopped playing SC2 completely and stopped watching streams and tournaments because I...just moved on. I check this forum on TL every Friday to see whether some new patch of awesomeness is pending that would make me interested in the game again. From what I've seen of HotS, it doesn't look interesting enough to pay for when there are more fun games in the genre that are 100% free like LoL.

Starcraft 2 may as well bear a warning label, "Not for casual play". Not because it's hard, but because it's not balanced at the levels of skill that casual players can reach. It leads to people giving up on playing the game out of frustration. People who stop playing eventually stop watching tournaments too, and that means they stop contributing to Blizzard's income. Gamers are not like couch-potato football fans who are content to cheer at a television set broadcasting a game they could never hope to play. Gamers care about games they can play themselves, on even footing with their competition.

Hell, even in football, it's one football team playing another football team at the game of football. It's not a football team playing against a cricket team at the game of polo. What does balance even mean in a game like SC2, outside of mirror-matches? In LoL it's so much more clearcut.


I play at gold, and I don't believe the game is inbalanced because I can't micro/macro as well as the top players, that doesn't make it in balanced it makes it that I need to improve.
“Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” - Robert Frost
secretary bird
Profile Joined September 2011
447 Posts
January 06 2012 23:09 GMT
#336
So I still dont really understand terran has like 1% more wins than protoss overall = terran super op?

How does that logic work exactly.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 22:14:30
January 07 2012 22:13 GMT
#337
On January 07 2012 08:01 Recognizable wrote:
Show nested quote +
Occam's razor states otherwise. It more likely that the meta game has shifted to protoss may have an edge in the late game. However, it is likely that new terran styles of play will emerge that will address this. Also, the graphs do not support any of the arguments that terran players are doing badly. Still some players will argue that terran they are so much better than their opponents and the only reason protoss wins is because they are the A-move race.


Wouldn't be believing that Terran players are actually better be the simplest explanation? Seeing how there are so many variables involved into balancing, and also that terran has been the last couple of patches yet keep winning the same amount.


isn't the easiest explantion: we have no intell about skill at all (it's not measurable at all), therefore our only way to balance the game is around statistics. If the statistics are independend from the gametime, even better (meaning early, mid and lategame wins are all 50:50). Right now blizzard is focusing on the overall 50:50 (and HotS), because it's the most important indicator of balance by far.
That's not to say that blizzard should immidiatly patch if winrates are slightly off, but if for some extended periode of time those are favoring one race blizzard should react, because imbalances have to be expected in such a young game. (for all we know and can expect, the start of beta balancing was probably made to work around the skill/gameknowledge of the developers at that time. Things like stutterstepping, magic box and specific BOs surly changed that severly)

Also it's kind of hard to say that "midgame" or "lategame" is flawed, if the winrates indicate 50:50. For all we know (or maybe it's better to say: for all we don't know, because the game is still extremly young), it could be just that players of a race with a better earlygame (>50%), worse lategame (<50%) are simply not setting up for the lategame in the right way, due to their playstyles working out overall very well.
But that's not even saying that such a MU does exist right now, as there is no statistics being released for it.
xrapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1644 Posts
January 07 2012 22:44 GMT
#338
On January 07 2012 05:38 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2012 05:05 Recognizable wrote:
On January 07 2012 04:44 Avril_Lavigne wrote:
It's absolutely retarded that TvP is starting to heavily favor Terran once again. I won't doubt that we'll hear more Protoss QQ Terran imba after seeing these results. But really, you can't say that you haven't had enough buffs to get good at the match up because that is just completely wrong. And how are you going to say that Terran needs another nerf to even up the statistics in the TvP match up. IMO Protoss just aren't adapting and getting better to Terran play. If EMP radius reduction wasn't a big enough difference for Protoss to start actually winning games then maybe they need actually work on tactics such as positioning and spllitting your forces better or perhaps start innovating on different effective strategies. I just don't see any excuse in why the results ended up that way because it literally makes 0% sense that after being "heavily nerfed" Terran just suddenly got even more imba


Maybe terran players are actually better then protoss players :O


Occam's razor states otherwise. It more likely that the meta game has shifted to protoss may have an edge in the late game. However, it is likely that new terran styles of play will emerge that will address this. Also, the graphs do not support any of the arguments that terran players are doing badly. Still some players will argue that terran they are so much better than their opponents and the only reason protoss wins is because they are the A-move race.


No matter WHAT, a race will have better average players in it than the others. An perfect distribution of talent across the 3 races would be impossible. Is it that far fetched that in Korea, a country that celebrated and still celebrates BW like it was their national past time and where Terran has been the most popular race for 10 years (because of the icons that played it), there are better players playing Terran?

Tell me why you believe that the difference between Korean and foreign protoss players is substantially closer than the gap between their Terran-Terran and Zerg-Zerg counterparts? Is it because of a low skill cap? Or are the best Korean players not playing Toss? Do you believe that foreign Protoss players are just that good? What would the Vegas odds be for Thorzain/Kas/Major vs Mvp/MMA/Bomber? Idra/Nerchio/Ret vs Nestea/DRG/Losira? Naniwa/Huk/Mana vs MC/JYP? See what I'm saying?

If every Korean result was erased from the past year, in Korea and outside, would Terran have received these nerfs? They'd certainly have received the first few, but when's the last time a foreign Terran won a major live event? Jinro at DC? Someone who has been practicing in Korea and competed against foreigners? People say 'get better.' But at what point does the 'get better' motto stop applying? When you get to a Korean skill level? Think about it man, not all of us can be among the 1%.
Everyone is either delusional, a nihlilst, or dead from suicide.
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
January 30 2012 17:58 GMT
#339
On January 07 2012 05:54 AceTenRyu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2012 04:25 biology]major wrote:
On January 07 2012 04:16 AceTenRyu wrote:
On January 03 2012 03:28 Gurafity wrote:
These data come from the pros, and is not representative of all players. P>T in lowers leagues.


This. The reason that Terran players complain is that every terran player is not MVP or Puma. These statistics prove that terran might be better on tip top play. But for the rest of the world it's not like this and the majority of low level players think that protoss is way stronger.


ok then get better, I don't understand the problem here


You can't "just get better" and hop into master league. srsly it's not that easy. If the real solution to everything was to just get better protoss wouldn't even complain at PvT and they would just get better

EDIT: I know the real solution is to get better but it's not really that simple as you make it sound


It really is. Just play more and get better. If you're not good enough to be at least master league you don't understand the game enough to justifiably act like you know enough to complain about imbalance. The game is completely different even between the top and bottom of master, you might as well be playing something else if you're in gold.
3 Hatch Before Cool
weiliem
Profile Joined January 2008
2073 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 18:06:50
January 30 2012 18:05 GMT
#340
P is taking over PvZ completely....
Edit: In korea i mean, it is where the stats actually matters.... lol
Oppa feeding style
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2543
Leta 1274
actioN 543
BeSt 381
Mong 161
Dewaltoss 127
Killer 123
sorry 77
Larva 56
sSak 45
[ Show more ]
Bale 32
ZergMaN 31
ToSsGirL 31
Aegong 28
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 15
HiyA 12
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli626
Other Games
summit1g11663
olofmeister965
Happy249
Sick203
crisheroes189
Pyrionflax128
KnowMe108
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick706
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos949
• Stunt428
Other Games
• WagamamaTV119
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
54m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 54m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 54m
Replay Cast
13h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.