• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8009 users

GSL 2012 S1 Code S Groups Announced - Page 45

Forum Index > SC2 General
1008 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 51 Next
TolEranceNA
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada434 Posts
January 01 2012 00:52 GMT
#881
On January 01 2012 09:50 double620 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 02:38 Shikyo wrote:
Hey guys we all know ForGG was the easiest possible opponent for Leenock so obviously it was a good move, he knows ForGG can only cheese and as it's the style he's familiar with it should be an easy victory

+ Show Spoiler +
Some people probably actually think that o_O Nahh he dug his own grave with this one~


Forgg can only cheese?
If so, he is certainly someone can just cheese to be a champion. Just a bit hard to believe you can cheese to destroy bisu, Jaedong and Flash.
The best cheeser in the world for sure. And no doubt, Leenock will not hold.


Now now now, there's tiny little grey text under there call "Spoiler"
Arotsis:"Nestea, what do you think about Zerg?" Nestea:"...Sad."
GodOfWar
Profile Joined December 2011
870 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 01:21:50
January 01 2012 01:21 GMT
#882
On January 01 2012 09:44 shockaslim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 07:13 ffadicted wrote:
On January 01 2012 01:29 FlyingDike wrote:
On January 01 2012 01:26 ninjamyst wrote:
On January 01 2012 01:15 tdt wrote:
epic fail by leenocl picking forgg. right up there with mc picking mvp.


group selection for Ro32 is random....

leenock picked forgg since he was runner up last gsl.. the others are random


Certainly an interesting pick for leenock, forgg is unproven, but he looked scary as hell in Code A



Well, seeing as how Leenock plays like July, and fOrGG ripped that nerd in half, I can only imagine how these games are going to go.


except that Leenock is a Ten Times scarier version of July.
Mvp Moon Squirtle
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
January 01 2012 02:02 GMT
#883
I'm most excited about seeing ForGG play.
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
January 01 2012 02:12 GMT
#884
On December 31 2011 11:18 1Eris1 wrote:
Idra actually has a pretty good chance considering Lucky's ZvZ and the fact that Nesteas been failing hard.

Personally I'm most curious as to who's going to finish second in group B. (Fin will 2-0 of course)

NesTea loses 2 ZvZ, people say he's been failing hard.
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
January 01 2012 02:18 GMT
#885
Lol I love all these fOrGG fanboys claiming he'll take out Leenock. Seriously, how blind can you possibly be? Was winning MLG and almost winning the GSL last season not enough to slow the hype around one semi-decent Terran?

I can't wait for Leenock to rip him in two. The excuses people will come up with shall be an awesome form of entertainment.
Long live the King of Wings
wOrD yO
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia119 Posts
January 01 2012 02:30 GMT
#886
group c i can take some notes off MvP how to beat the top zergs, looking forward to watching him crooooooosh!
wOrD.339
nath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1788 Posts
January 01 2012 02:37 GMT
#887
On January 01 2012 11:18 LimitSEA wrote:
Lol I love all these fOrGG fanboys claiming he'll take out Leenock. Seriously, how blind can you possibly be? Was winning MLG and almost winning the GSL last season not enough to slow the hype around one semi-decent Terran?

I can't wait for Leenock to rip him in two. The excuses people will come up with shall be an awesome form of entertainment.

quoted to hold you to this statement in its entirety.

even if forgg loses, it will be close as fuck and down to the wire

but honestly, when forgg has time to prepare for a specific opponent, he will definitely benefit from it FAR more than leenock

remember that guy "the jobber" who was going to military and beat leenock 2x in a row with a 5 rax stim timing? leenock is amazing but loses to allins ALL THE TIME.
Founder of Flow Enterprises, LLC http://flow-enterprises.com/
Omsomsoms
Profile Joined September 2011
Croatia194 Posts
January 01 2012 03:00 GMT
#888
I think both Leenock and ForGG both have aggressive and somewhat cheesy styles, so it'll be interesting at worst
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
January 01 2012 03:02 GMT
#889
On January 01 2012 11:37 nath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 11:18 LimitSEA wrote:
Lol I love all these fOrGG fanboys claiming he'll take out Leenock. Seriously, how blind can you possibly be? Was winning MLG and almost winning the GSL last season not enough to slow the hype around one semi-decent Terran?

I can't wait for Leenock to rip him in two. The excuses people will come up with shall be an awesome form of entertainment.

quoted to hold you to this statement in its entirety.

even if forgg loses, it will be close as fuck and down to the wire

but honestly, when forgg has time to prepare for a specific opponent, he will definitely benefit from it FAR more than leenock

remember that guy "the jobber" who was going to military and beat leenock 2x in a row with a 5 rax stim timing? leenock is amazing but loses to allins ALL THE TIME.

I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd love all the hype around him to be 100% justified. That said, I really don't think it will be. He's a good player, but Leenock's been beasting it up the last few months. And all this talk about Fin making it out of a group with MC and Leenock in it in his first GSL is just ridiculous to me.

But still, I'd love to be wrong. More great players is only a good thing for eSports.
Long live the King of Wings
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
January 01 2012 03:18 GMT
#890
On January 01 2012 12:02 LimitSEA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 11:37 nath wrote:
On January 01 2012 11:18 LimitSEA wrote:
Lol I love all these fOrGG fanboys claiming he'll take out Leenock. Seriously, how blind can you possibly be? Was winning MLG and almost winning the GSL last season not enough to slow the hype around one semi-decent Terran?

I can't wait for Leenock to rip him in two. The excuses people will come up with shall be an awesome form of entertainment.

quoted to hold you to this statement in its entirety.

even if forgg loses, it will be close as fuck and down to the wire

but honestly, when forgg has time to prepare for a specific opponent, he will definitely benefit from it FAR more than leenock

remember that guy "the jobber" who was going to military and beat leenock 2x in a row with a 5 rax stim timing? leenock is amazing but loses to allins ALL THE TIME.

I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd love all the hype around him to be 100% justified. That said, I really don't think it will be. He's a good player, but Leenock's been beasting it up the last few months. And all this talk about Fin making it out of a group with MC and Leenock in it in his first GSL is just ridiculous to me.

But still, I'd love to be wrong. More great players is only a good thing for eSports.


I cant see him beating Leenock but I can see him beating MC with how inconsistant MC is. MC is a good protoss but he has a tendancy to take big risks one way or the other that often get punished hard.
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 03:36:12
January 01 2012 03:33 GMT
#891
On January 01 2012 12:02 LimitSEA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 11:37 nath wrote:
On January 01 2012 11:18 LimitSEA wrote:
Lol I love all these fOrGG fanboys claiming he'll take out Leenock. Seriously, how blind can you possibly be? Was winning MLG and almost winning the GSL last season not enough to slow the hype around one semi-decent Terran?

I can't wait for Leenock to rip him in two. The excuses people will come up with shall be an awesome form of entertainment.

quoted to hold you to this statement in its entirety.

even if forgg loses, it will be close as fuck and down to the wire

but honestly, when forgg has time to prepare for a specific opponent, he will definitely benefit from it FAR more than leenock

remember that guy "the jobber" who was going to military and beat leenock 2x in a row with a 5 rax stim timing? leenock is amazing but loses to allins ALL THE TIME.

I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd love all the hype around him to be 100% justified. That said, I really don't think it will be. He's a good player, but Leenock's been beasting it up the last few months. And all this talk about Fin making it out of a group with MC and Leenock in it in his first GSL is just ridiculous to me.

But still, I'd love to be wrong. More great players is only a good thing for eSports.

I think both extremes are wrong regarding forgg. In one side, you've got this CRAZY bandwagonners stating forgg is the next MVP while he's actually proven NOTHING at all. You guys need to realize what you're doing is as crazy as hyping Stephano crazily, the only difference being that Fin is a korean and an ex BW pro.

On the flipside, you got the haters, who will go to extremes like saying he's a terrible player and such things.

Forgg is OBVIOUSLY a good player, maybe even a great player, but he hasn't shown himself enough to warrant all the hype. Regarding the group, I tihnk any of them have chances. People like to discount supernova, but he has some really good TvT, while Leenock with 2 terrans in his group has a good chance. MC is there, and he has great PvT and has recently smacked Leenock around as well, also, Fin likes his allins, and as far as holding allins, MC is probably the best out there.

It's an extraordinarily hard group to call.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
January 01 2012 03:36 GMT
#892
On January 01 2012 12:33 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 12:02 LimitSEA wrote:
On January 01 2012 11:37 nath wrote:
On January 01 2012 11:18 LimitSEA wrote:
Lol I love all these fOrGG fanboys claiming he'll take out Leenock. Seriously, how blind can you possibly be? Was winning MLG and almost winning the GSL last season not enough to slow the hype around one semi-decent Terran?

I can't wait for Leenock to rip him in two. The excuses people will come up with shall be an awesome form of entertainment.

quoted to hold you to this statement in its entirety.

even if forgg loses, it will be close as fuck and down to the wire

but honestly, when forgg has time to prepare for a specific opponent, he will definitely benefit from it FAR more than leenock

remember that guy "the jobber" who was going to military and beat leenock 2x in a row with a 5 rax stim timing? leenock is amazing but loses to allins ALL THE TIME.

I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd love all the hype around him to be 100% justified. That said, I really don't think it will be. He's a good player, but Leenock's been beasting it up the last few months. And all this talk about Fin making it out of a group with MC and Leenock in it in his first GSL is just ridiculous to me.

But still, I'd love to be wrong. More great players is only a good thing for eSports.

I think both extremes are wrong regarding forgg. In one side, you've got this CRAZY bandwagonners stating forgg is the next MVP while he's actually proven NOTHING at all.

On the flipside, you got the haters, who will go to extremes like saying he's a terrible player and such things.

Forgg is OBVIOUSLY a good player, maybe even a great player, but he hasn't shown himself enough to warrant all the hype. Regarding the group, I tihnk any of them have chances. People like to discount supernova, but he has some really good TvT, while Leenock with 2 terrans in his group has a good chance. MC is there, and he has great PvT and has recently smacked Leenock around as well, also, Fin likes his allins, and as far as holding allins, MC is probably the best out there.

It's an extraordinarily hard group to call.

What makes it harder to call is that it's also a mass of teamkills.

It's sad that people talk shit about Supernova so much. I think he easily has top 5 TvT atm, and he's shown that he can TvZ and TvP with the best as well.
RoboBob
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States798 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 03:45:39
January 01 2012 03:41 GMT
#893
imo,

Jjakii/Sen
Fin/MC
MVP/Nestea
Bomber/Curious
MMA/Gumiho
DRG/JYP
aLive/MKP
Nada/Puzzle


Group A:
I might be a bit optimistic to expect Sen to do well, Ganzi's TvZ is very strong and you can never count Boxer out. But unlike most "foreign" pros Sen has access to the KR ladder lag-free for a long time, and has the benefits of a proteam house (even if the TW houses are still weaker than KR houses)

Group B:
I like Leenock but his group is scary. I expect him to lose to Fin and fall to hubris just like MC did. Yeah Leenock has pretty good TvZ, but Fin's TvZ is a future MMA in the making. His only weakness is TvP, so it will be up to MC to take Fin down. I think MC can do it; MC himself has been doing much better lately, and with no more foreign tournaments to hit up he can get back into his groove.

Group C:
Like most, I'm going MVP/Nestea, but I wouldn't be surprised if it went MVP/Idra or MVP/Lucky instead. As good as Nestea's ZvZ is, lately he's shown weakness in that matchup. ZvZ is so volitile I could see Idra/Lucky seizing BO wins. And then of course watch Nestea lose to MVP for the gazillionth time As strong as Nestea's ZvT is, MVP always comes on top of the mindgames when its a televized match.

Other groups are not as intersting imo. I hope DRG, MKP, and Nada do well though.
GodOfWar
Profile Joined December 2011
870 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 03:45:52
January 01 2012 03:44 GMT
#894
On January 01 2012 12:18 Adreme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 12:02 LimitSEA wrote:
On January 01 2012 11:37 nath wrote:
On January 01 2012 11:18 LimitSEA wrote:
Lol I love all these fOrGG fanboys claiming he'll take out Leenock. Seriously, how blind can you possibly be? Was winning MLG and almost winning the GSL last season not enough to slow the hype around one semi-decent Terran?

I can't wait for Leenock to rip him in two. The excuses people will come up with shall be an awesome form of entertainment.

quoted to hold you to this statement in its entirety.

even if forgg loses, it will be close as fuck and down to the wire

but honestly, when forgg has time to prepare for a specific opponent, he will definitely benefit from it FAR more than leenock

remember that guy "the jobber" who was going to military and beat leenock 2x in a row with a 5 rax stim timing? leenock is amazing but loses to allins ALL THE TIME.

I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd love all the hype around him to be 100% justified. That said, I really don't think it will be. He's a good player, but Leenock's been beasting it up the last few months. And all this talk about Fin making it out of a group with MC and Leenock in it in his first GSL is just ridiculous to me.

But still, I'd love to be wrong. More great players is only a good thing for eSports.


I cant see him beating Leenock but I can see him beating MC with how inconsistant MC is. MC is a good protoss but he has a tendancy to take big risks one way or the other that often get punished hard.


I can see MC beating Leenock though.

This group will be extremely close.
Mvp Moon Squirtle
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
January 01 2012 03:44 GMT
#895
On January 01 2012 12:41 RoboBob wrote:
imo,

Jjakii/Sen
Fin/MC
MVP/Nestea
Bomber/Curious
MMA/Gumiho
DRG/JYP
aLive/MKP
Nada/Puzzle


Group A:
I might be a bit optimistic to expect Sen to do well, Ganzi's TvZ is very strong and you can never count Boxer out. But unlike most "foreign" pros Sen has access to the KR ladder lag-free for a long time, and has the benefits of a proteam house (even if the TW houses are still weaker than KR houses)

Group B:
I like Leenock but his group is scary. I expect him to lose to Fin and fall to hubris just like MC did. Yeah Leenock has pretty good TvZ, but Fin's TvZ is a future MMA in the making. His only weakness is TvP, so it will be up to MC to take Fin down. I think MC can do it; MC himself has been doing much better lately, and with no more foreign tournaments to hit up he can get back into his groove.

Group C:
Like most, I'm going MVP/Nestea, but I wouldn't be surprised if it went MVP/Idra instead. As good as Nestea's ZvZ is, he's shown lately he's shown weakness in that matchup. ZvZ is so volitile I could see Idra/Lucky seizing BO wins, and then see Nestea lose to MVP for the gazillionth time As strong as Nestea's ZvZ is, MVP just seems to have his number.

Other groups are not as intersting imo. I hope DRG, MKP, and Nada do well though.

True but these are Bo3s. That makes it FAR less likely for either Lucky or Idra to take NesTea down.
catabowl
Profile Joined November 2009
United States815 Posts
January 01 2012 03:59 GMT
#896
IdrA gets screwed (((
Jung! Myung! Hoooooooooooooooooon! #TeamPolt
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 04:09:21
January 01 2012 04:08 GMT
#897
Almost everyone who made a monstrous code A run did relatively poorly in their first season of code S, Ganzi being the most notable exception (making ro4 vs Mvp). I still expect forGG to own though, based somewhat on his reputation, of which I have quite limited knowledge, but also when I watched one of his code A TvTs and his code S qualifier match against July. The dude's scary. It's kind of silly to think a guy who still builds units like it's BW in SC2 is only capable of cheese/timings. I imagine he's capable of much more (especially more than some posters think), but at the least, he's shown he's capable of winning in the most competitive season of code A to date.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 01 2012 04:11 GMT
#898
On January 01 2012 12:44 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 12:41 RoboBob wrote:
imo,

Jjakii/Sen
Fin/MC
MVP/Nestea
Bomber/Curious
MMA/Gumiho
DRG/JYP
aLive/MKP
Nada/Puzzle


Group A:
I might be a bit optimistic to expect Sen to do well, Ganzi's TvZ is very strong and you can never count Boxer out. But unlike most "foreign" pros Sen has access to the KR ladder lag-free for a long time, and has the benefits of a proteam house (even if the TW houses are still weaker than KR houses)

Group B:
I like Leenock but his group is scary. I expect him to lose to Fin and fall to hubris just like MC did. Yeah Leenock has pretty good TvZ, but Fin's TvZ is a future MMA in the making. His only weakness is TvP, so it will be up to MC to take Fin down. I think MC can do it; MC himself has been doing much better lately, and with no more foreign tournaments to hit up he can get back into his groove.

Group C:
Like most, I'm going MVP/Nestea, but I wouldn't be surprised if it went MVP/Idra instead. As good as Nestea's ZvZ is, he's shown lately he's shown weakness in that matchup. ZvZ is so volitile I could see Idra/Lucky seizing BO wins, and then see Nestea lose to MVP for the gazillionth time As strong as Nestea's ZvZ is, MVP just seems to have his number.

Other groups are not as intersting imo. I hope DRG, MKP, and Nada do well though.

True but these are Bo3s. That makes it FAR less likely for either Lucky or Idra to take NesTea down.


I honestly think the Bo3 format actually greatly increases idras chances of making it out since seems like he mostly just loses to cheese.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
January 01 2012 04:13 GMT
#899
On January 01 2012 11:37 nath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 11:18 LimitSEA wrote:
Lol I love all these fOrGG fanboys claiming he'll take out Leenock. Seriously, how blind can you possibly be? Was winning MLG and almost winning the GSL last season not enough to slow the hype around one semi-decent Terran?

I can't wait for Leenock to rip him in two. The excuses people will come up with shall be an awesome form of entertainment.

quoted to hold you to this statement in its entirety.

even if forgg loses, it will be close as fuck and down to the wire

but honestly, when forgg has time to prepare for a specific opponent, he will definitely benefit from it FAR more than leenock

remember that guy "the jobber" who was going to military and beat leenock 2x in a row with a 5 rax stim timing? leenock is amazing but loses to allins ALL THE TIME.

And and, guess who's been experimenting with all kinds of allins the past 3 months ? =O Leenock can allin all he wants but Terran allins tend to beat Zerg allins when they face off against each other, and I think that fighting fire with fire is going to be really good for forGg
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
January 01 2012 04:14 GMT
#900
On January 01 2012 12:33 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 12:02 LimitSEA wrote:
On January 01 2012 11:37 nath wrote:
On January 01 2012 11:18 LimitSEA wrote:
Lol I love all these fOrGG fanboys claiming he'll take out Leenock. Seriously, how blind can you possibly be? Was winning MLG and almost winning the GSL last season not enough to slow the hype around one semi-decent Terran?

I can't wait for Leenock to rip him in two. The excuses people will come up with shall be an awesome form of entertainment.

quoted to hold you to this statement in its entirety.

even if forgg loses, it will be close as fuck and down to the wire

but honestly, when forgg has time to prepare for a specific opponent, he will definitely benefit from it FAR more than leenock

remember that guy "the jobber" who was going to military and beat leenock 2x in a row with a 5 rax stim timing? leenock is amazing but loses to allins ALL THE TIME.

I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd love all the hype around him to be 100% justified. That said, I really don't think it will be. He's a good player, but Leenock's been beasting it up the last few months. And all this talk about Fin making it out of a group with MC and Leenock in it in his first GSL is just ridiculous to me.

But still, I'd love to be wrong. More great players is only a good thing for eSports.

I think both extremes are wrong regarding forgg. In one side, you've got this CRAZY bandwagonners stating forgg is the next MVP while he's actually proven NOTHING at all. You guys need to realize what you're doing is as crazy as hyping Stephano crazily, the only difference being that Fin is a korean and an ex BW pro.

On the flipside, you got the haters, who will go to extremes like saying he's a terrible player and such things.

Forgg is OBVIOUSLY a good player, maybe even a great player, but he hasn't shown himself enough to warrant all the hype. Regarding the group, I tihnk any of them have chances. People like to discount supernova, but he has some really good TvT, while Leenock with 2 terrans in his group has a good chance. MC is there, and he has great PvT and has recently smacked Leenock around as well, also, Fin likes his allins, and as far as holding allins, MC is probably the best out there.

It's an extraordinarily hard group to call.

I agree 100%. I refuse to go to the extreme and paint fOrGG as a terrible player, he's not. Terrible players aren't going to make it into Code S that easily. But all this hype is completely unwarranted. He's only getting hype like this because he's an ex-BW player. Curious absolutely demolished Code A and he didn't end up with near this kind of hype. He showed more impressive play, and better results.

On January 01 2012 12:41 RoboBob wrote:

Group B:
I like Leenock but his group is scary. I expect him to lose to Fin and fall to hubris just like MC did. Yeah Leenock has pretty good TvZ, but Fin's TvZ is a future MMA in the making. His only weakness is TvP, so it will be up to MC to take Fin down. I think MC can do it; MC himself has been doing much better lately, and with no more foreign tournaments to hit up he can get back into his groove.

Leenock has "Pretty good TvZ"? I'm pretty sure his is close to the best in the world. I haven't seen much of Fin's TvZ, but saying he's a future MMA is a huge call, one too big for anyone to make so early into his SC2 career.
Long live the King of Wings
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 51 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings91
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O168
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1001
ZZZero.O 168
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift4452
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g11423
JimRising 716
C9.Mang0298
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP111
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 33m
Replay Cast
22h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.