• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:32
CEST 19:32
KST 02:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8270 users

[October] SC2 General Discussion - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-27 00:32:42
October 27 2011 00:32 GMT
#181
On October 27 2011 08:38 seph` wrote:
few months ago i found a software, which automatically "adjusts" the monitor depending on the current time (makes it more "yellow").
i recently set up my new pc and unfortunately forgot the name of the software.

does anybody know ?

Yeah it's Flux (Website here)
Funny story my computer crashed one time and Flux was stuck on for half a day before I managed to completely delete it and restore my brightness back to normal >_> Careful with it.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-27 04:15:22
October 27 2011 04:15 GMT
#182
I was read liquipedia and noticed that it listed Carrier as being a segnificant unit in a win. What game was this in?

edit: In GSL October
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 27 2011 06:09 GMT
#183
(P)HongUn vs (T)Keen on Daybreak in the GSL S6 Up and Downs
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
seph`
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria329 Posts
October 27 2011 14:51 GMT
#184
On October 27 2011 09:32 Probe1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2011 08:38 seph` wrote:
few months ago i found a software, which automatically "adjusts" the monitor depending on the current time (makes it more "yellow").
i recently set up my new pc and unfortunately forgot the name of the software.

does anybody know ?

Yeah it's Flux (Website here)
Funny story my computer crashed one time and Flux was stuck on for half a day before I managed to completely delete it and restore my brightness back to normal >_> Careful with it.

thanks!
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
October 27 2011 15:53 GMT
#185
I know this is the most cliché question of all time, but I must ask it.

I haven't played Starcraft is like, 3 months other than some random crap with friends in custom games. I used to be in Diamond, but it's just I'm so out of practice and I know my mechanics are shit. Even worse, I'm going through what I did when I first started playing Starcraft where I don't know what I want to fucking play. I don't want to get too attached to a race just to want to change it for HotS.

It's like, I love to play a style in every type of game ever where I keep an extremely thin line of actual defense. The best defense is a good offense, is my motto. Just constantly poking at them and attacking them and wearing them down. I think Zerg would be best, but I don't fucking know man.

Raaaaaaaahhh, someone convince me.
annYeong(o11)
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada784 Posts
October 27 2011 18:23 GMT
#186
Could someone a do Korean Netizen Reaction thread for Blizzcon/GSL Finals/HOTS?

They're usually super funny and amazing.

Thanks.
Founder of the KiWiKaKi Fanclub: teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=188537 my keyboard is like half broken. like terran. please ignore typos, thanks
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 27 2011 18:36 GMT
#187
@Candadar, there are droppy/harassy styles of protoss and terran play as well (as MMA and HerO are always glad to demonstrate). I think probably your best bet to find out which race you like the best to experiment in 1v1s with your friends and practice partners. Give them all a try maybe? :D

@aY I wounder if they have "Foreigner Netizen Reaction threads" on Naver :D
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Offset
Profile Joined February 2011
United States10 Posts
October 27 2011 21:12 GMT
#188
@Candadar, If you're looking for the ability to be constantly aggressive, go with Terran. Work on your speed and game sense until you know when and where to drop in each match-up. Zergs and Protosses have a playstyle in which being "safe" means being defensive and focusing on macro while the safe Terran playstyle has a lot of room for drops.
You can play terran but you can't use the dishwasher
kingNothing42
Profile Joined January 2011
United States42 Posts
October 27 2011 23:12 GMT
#189
On October 28 2011 00:53 Candadar wrote:
I know this is the most cliché question of all time, but I must ask it.

I haven't played Starcraft is like, 3 months other than some random crap with friends in custom games. I used to be in Diamond, but it's just I'm so out of practice and I know my mechanics are shit. Even worse, I'm going through what I did when I first started playing Starcraft where I don't know what I want to fucking play. I don't want to get too attached to a race just to want to change it for HotS.

It's like, I love to play a style in every type of game ever where I keep an extremely thin line of actual defense. The best defense is a good offense, is my motto. Just constantly poking at them and attacking them and wearing them down. I think Zerg would be best, but I don't fucking know man.

Raaaaaaaahhh, someone convince me.


It sounds odd because Terrans are known for their turtling as well, but Terran is a great option for a constantly attacking player. You have to watch at home and make sure to keep walls impermeable, but they really have the most options for harassment. On the other hand, ling/bling/muta is great for lightning counterattacks, punishing the opponent for being out of position, and taking advantage of small mistakes. Muta harass is great for poking and prodding each and every angle of your opponent's base. I think Terran, but Zerg if you have a distaste for the T playstyle.
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
October 27 2011 23:19 GMT
#190
On October 28 2011 00:53 Candadar wrote:
I know this is the most cliché question of all time, but I must ask it.

I haven't played Starcraft is like, 3 months other than some random crap with friends in custom games. I used to be in Diamond, but it's just I'm so out of practice and I know my mechanics are shit. Even worse, I'm going through what I did when I first started playing Starcraft where I don't know what I want to fucking play. I don't want to get too attached to a race just to want to change it for HotS.

It's like, I love to play a style in every type of game ever where I keep an extremely thin line of actual defense. The best defense is a good offense, is my motto. Just constantly poking at them and attacking them and wearing them down. I think Zerg would be best, but I don't fucking know man.

Raaaaaaaahhh, someone convince me.


I hear you. All the races have a distinct feel and specialty. I think that is a big victory for Blizzard. It can be so hard sometimes....
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
October 27 2011 23:53 GMT
#191
On October 27 2011 09:32 Probe1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2011 08:38 seph` wrote:
few months ago i found a software, which automatically "adjusts" the monitor depending on the current time (makes it more "yellow").
i recently set up my new pc and unfortunately forgot the name of the software.

does anybody know ?

Yeah it's Flux (Website here)
Funny story my computer crashed one time and Flux was stuck on for half a day before I managed to completely delete it and restore my brightness back to normal >_> Careful with it.


works really well for me I hardly notice it

a lot easier on the eyes at night and I swear I go to sleep faster after using the PC that I used to
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 28 2011 04:52 GMT
#192
95% of people have told me that. I must have just been unlucky. Still felt the need to put a warning on it though
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2011 08:14 GMT
#193
Flux is the best software I ever installed on my computer.

I said it.
I had a good night of sleep.
SorrowShine
Profile Joined October 2011
698 Posts
October 28 2011 14:41 GMT
#194
Hi
There is APM from SC2gears and SC2 in-game APM. its somewhat different because of games runs on faster and not on normal speed.
So question is: when we are talking about APM here which one we are referring to??
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
October 28 2011 15:46 GMT
#195
Alright all of you, I think I'll try out Terran when I go on my first SC2 binge in a while tonight!

Also, that Flux program. Will that affect my SC2 lighting? Because I do like to play at night.
DXGBombdice
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1 Post
October 28 2011 17:03 GMT
#196
On October 11 2011 09:00 Joeydixie wrote:
I am finding the protoss deathball impossible to deal with post patch 1.4. On a map where the protoss can turtle on 3 bases such as taldarim, zerg has a hard time pressuring. I have found infestors to be a lot less useful and now many protoss are adding immortals to their deathball which can dps while the stalker collosus and void rays are attacking. The added immortals make roaches a less than optimal choice now. In general I am a fairly strong player in zvp but I always lose against the death ball. Brood lords are just not enough to beat it because they can transition to more void rays or blink stalkers.

Also one thing I have found frustrating is that a protoss can blindly go for a fast robotics because then they can chrono out an obs to check for muta play and adjust accordingly. If the zerg opts for an early ling roach attack the protoss can just use immortal zealot to hold it off then they are free to start making their death ball

Any suggestions from masters level or higher zerg on how to beat a protoss death ball?

EDIT: I have found baneling drops don't work very well after patch 1.4


When it came to the protoss death ball you just need to get earlier pressure on your enemy, or just have a bigger ball of death. I would recommend infesters with parasite and fungals. expand when able and just out macro the other player. If a protoss has the ball of death and you couldn't put any pressure on them then i'd recommend a 10 pool and put early zergling pressure, 14 Hatch and 21 roaches. the main thing to worry about is making sure your always ahead in expansions and that you do a lot of early game harassment.
LambtrOn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States671 Posts
October 29 2011 06:15 GMT
#197
I just switched to toss. What's the pvp metagame right now? Should I expect a four gate? And what's a solid build?
Cillas
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany78 Posts
October 29 2011 12:45 GMT
#198
pvp is just guessing game atm.

u cannot warpin to high ground that easily anymore because thers no vision/warp on the ramp, so u can hold a 4gate with 2 beginning sentrys and 1 gateway, but thats hard.

and so if u go for tech, it can be that the enemy just goes himself for tech, for example without any sentry so he got 200 gas more, meaning u loose colossi fight or he can go for straighter tech. for most reasons u need stalkers because of phoenix, even when he gets some probes u might win the ground fight. anyway he can also take a quick nexus and get an mineral advantage meanin u loose if u wait for any robotics unit. then there is also dts for some reason, mean if he goes phoenix/ blink/ fe he loose. Then thers charge lots into fe play, that probably wins to all but phoenix/dt.

Its just fucked up, there is no way u can scout after he gets his first stalker and u ll have to wait for observer / phoenix / wasted hallucination or and thats the best have luck.

Soma.bokforlag
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden448 Posts
October 29 2011 17:20 GMT
#199
wheres morrow? anyone seen him stream or anything lately?

i hope he isnt quitting would be a shame
nunez
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway4003 Posts
October 29 2011 18:24 GMT
#200
hero can't stop playing amazing games on ladder.
he's making code s this season.
fighting!
conspired against by a confederacy of dunces.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM764
TaKeTV 281
IndyStarCraft 162
TKL 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 317
IndyStarCraft 162
MaxPax 120
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 57
MindelVK 14
RuFF_SC2 1
TKL 0
ZombieGrub0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3455
Shuttle 838
Mini 469
EffOrt 402
Rush 177
Dewaltoss 141
Mind 96
Shinee 78
910 75
Zeus 70
[ Show more ]
hero 59
HiyA 55
Bale 26
sorry 24
JYJ 22
ToSsGirL 19
Sexy 14
zelot 8
Sacsri 7
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5711
qojqva2936
Counter-Strike
fl0m4935
pashabiceps838
Fnx 721
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2377
Other Games
singsing2191
ceh9684
Beastyqt625
Hui .205
XaKoH 132
mouzStarbuck122
Trikslyr78
QueenE60
C9.Mang032
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• Hinosc 0
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie398
• Shiphtur276
• WagamamaTV126
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.