• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:34
CEST 12:34
KST 19:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8422 users

[Interview] Code S Ro16 Day 1 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 18:17:04
October 07 2011 18:13 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler [Winner of Clide vs Ryung] +

Clide
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=803951&board=&category=13439


Q: Thoughts on advancing to your first Code S Round of 8?
A: I'm really happy. I'm so happy that I'm getting teary. I'm so glad, this is the first time I've had tears of joy. I'm so happy I can't control it. My struggles in the past are flitting through my mind.

Q: In the first game you encountered cloak Banshees.
A: I didn't predict cloak Banshees, but my opponent went right for that strategy. So I typed a cool GG [T/N premature GG]. It was a situation where I couldn't win.

Q: You got your natural late in the second game, was this a mistake?
A: It was a mistake. I saw that the command center hadn't built, and I got nervous. I was so nervous my hands were shaking. I did a marine all-in rush to try to win, and that worked well. Since Ryung is so good I didn't that that I could win the fight, but I won the engagement and I went into the third game feeling confident.

Q: You attempted a drop attack in the third game.
A: This was the strategy I practiced. I thought that Ryung would use an all-in rush in third game so I prepared a strategy to counter that, but even though he didn't do that my strategy worked out well.

Q: Recently Polt joined TSL, have you been receiving help from him?
A: I wasn't able to practice much this round. I just emptied my mind and heart. After I made my strategies I just focused on my mental state. Before this round I had practiced really hard for TvT, but when I saw how things were I got more confused. So I reduced my practice and just played calmly, and it seems like that went well. Changing my practice pattern has been a big help.
Polt gave me some advice about my mental condition during games. He said more than focusing on your opponent, you should work on playing well as if you are in a trance. I did this and it seems like it had a good effect. As expected, a champion has different views on things.

Q: Who do you want to face in the Round of 8?
A: I'm really worried about facing MMA in a Best of 5, so I'd like it if asd advances (laughs). I practiced a lot with asd this round, so if he advances there will be a lot of mind games. But since the MMA-killer Polt has joined our team, if MMA advances it seems like I will be able to show interesting games.

Q: Advancing to the Round of 8 could become a chance for you to improve your skills.
A: Now I don't have any fear. Since Ryung is such a good player, I was worried even more than I thought about winning, but I worked hard on controlling my mental state so I was able to advance to the Round of 8. Since I've gotten to the quarterfinals, I've been able to shake off my fear about my opponents. I think that I will be able to play my Round of 8 games without regret and get to the Round of 8 again next season.

Q: Your loss in GSTL was regrettable.
A: If I had won, we would have advanced to the finals, so since I lost I was blaming myself for things being this way. The team's emotions were running high and some harsh words were said, but looking back I am very sorry to my team. I will use this as a lesson to do better next season.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank FXO_asd and TSL_Heart for their help in practice. I want to thank the Director for getting me a Thai massage yesterday to solve some of my fatigue, and I really want to thank the Director's mother-in-law for making us samgyeopsal. It was thanks to these things that I advanced to the Round of 8. Director, Mother-in-law, I love you.


+ Show Spoiler [Winner of asd vs MMA] +
MMA
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=804021&board=&category=13439


Q: Thoughts on advancing to your first Code S Round of 8?
A: Ryung lost his games before I played, so I played my games in a gloomy mood. It was regrettable, but I will avenge Ryung by defeating Clide.

Q: You lost the first game in vain.
A: The game went as I predicted, but I did not manage it very well. Even though I saw everything with my scan, I wasn't able to react well.

Q: Your opponent did an all-in rush in the second game.
A: I saw that my opponent was moving around 2 SCV's and I confirmed that it was an all-in. I thought that if I could stop it I would win, so I tried my best to defend.

Q: You used a special strategy in the third game.
A: Our team's youngest Terran player Lots uses reapers a lot. I thought using them on Bel'Shir Beach would go well, so I used them there. When my opponent saw my first reaper he split his forces, then I was able to attack in his base and pick off some of his forces. From there I was in a good position in the game.

Q: What was the reason your performance wasn't so great in today's games?
A: I had a lot of things running through my head so I wasn't able to focus on the games. I am leaving tomorrow for foreign games, and our team is having a get-together with food, so my heart was being shaken. I thought that I had to end things quickly and go.

Q: You'll face Clide in the Round of 8.
A: He taught me a lot about Starcraft 2 when I first started playing. We are good friends, so the games should be fun.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank Boxer and Gayeon, who are always helping me with my nerves. Also, Hee-Chul hyung, Wun hyung, and Cella helped me a lot, and thanks to that I was able to advance to the Round of 8. Finally I want to thank Lots who was a big help in practice, and I hope that Ryung who was knocked out today can cheer up.


+ Show Spoiler [Winner of Coca vs Killer] +
Coca
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=804114&board=&category=13439

Q: Thoughts on returning to the Code S Round of 8?
A: I was happy to be against a Protoss, but then since I knocked out the final Protoss I felt some regret.

Q: You're 10 for 10 in ZvP.
A: I lose a lot in practice, but in broadcast games I have this winning streak so I feel weird. It seems like the key is adapting well to your opponent's play.

Q: Your opponent used a 5 gate rush in the second game.
A: Even though I didn't know my opponent's build, I was always working on my defense so I was confident. It seemed like I wouldn't be able to get spine crawlers up at the gold, so I resolved to sacrifice it and gathered up some army forces.

Q: What do you think of the race balance these days?
A: The buffs to Protoss were good, but Zerg too needs to be looked at. It's very hard during practice, but it's not a thing without a solution.

Q: Of the players on your team who played today, only Ryung was eliminated.
A: I hope that he will not get too distressed about it, and will go on to show a good result in IPL.

Q: What do you predict with regard to your winning streak against Protoss?
A: I can't determine a specific number of games, but I just don't want to lose. Even if I drop a game, I hope that I still win the overall match.

Q: You will face Happy in the Round of 8.
A: I practice my ZvT a lot these days, so I am confident I can win.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank Gayeon and Cella. Also, I want to thank everyone who helped me in practice. Finally, I really want to thank Choi Jae Wun, who uses the ID CRANK.


+ Show Spoiler [Winner of Happy vs Losira] +
Happy
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=804069&board=&category=13439

Q: Thoughts on advancing to the Round of 8 through a teamkill?
A: Since it was a teamkill, even though I won I'm not especially happy. I hope that Losira can advance higher next season and have even better games.

Q: You used a proxy barracks strategy in the first game.
A: Losira plays a greedy style, so I thought that if I applied early pressure in the first game I could play the second and third game more comfortably. So in order to get a head start I used the proxy barracks strategy.

Q: In the second game, Losira went for three hatches before his spawning pool.
A: I saw that my opponent's Zergling speed was late so I understood his strategy. It was a very greedy start, so I predicted a difficult game.

Q: This is your first Round of 8, are you feeling confident?
A: I do feel confident about my ability now. I think I can win if I just practice well for every game.

Q: What's your goal this season?
A: My initial goal has been to get to the finals. I would like to go to the United States once.

Q: Was practice difficult?
A: I went and practiced in a PC bang. It was nice to have a lot of free time, but starting from the second day it was hard. I think that for a while I don't want to practice in a PC bang again.

Q: In teamkills, it seems like there are a lot of cases where each player's race winrate can be the deciding factor. [T/N unsure about this, sorry]
A: When preparing for a best of 5, it seems that there are more Terrans than Zergs. If it's against a teammate, because you know their style well it seems like the plan for the best of 5 can become the deciding factor.

Q: Who do you want to face in the Round of 8?
A: I do not care much who advances. I like TvZ or TvP more than TvT, though. This is because there are a lot of variables in TvT, and there are a lot of cases where you can suddenly find yourself having lost.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank IM_True and IM_Horror who came to the PC bang with me for two days, and Nestea who helped practice with me. I want to thank the Director and Fenix for coming to the studio with me today, and also the Director's wife for buying us kimbap. I hope that Losira who got knocked out today won't take it too hard and will cheer up. I want to thank some of my friends in dorms in Suginami, Japan who cheer for me.


+ Show Spoiler [Other interviews this season] +

Code S Ro32 A+B - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=267743
Code S Ro32 C+D - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=268084
Code S Ro32 E+F - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=269974
Code S Ro32 G+H - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=270280
Code S Ro16 Day 2- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=272327
Code A Ro32 Day 1 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=267335
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
October 07 2011 19:12 GMT
#2
Thanks !
clide interview is pretty good, glad to see him so happy (it showed after the games^^)
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
October 07 2011 19:15 GMT
#3
thx love Clide interview
hai2u
Profile Joined September 2011
688 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 19:20:43
October 07 2011 19:20 GMT
#4
thank you for the interviews, appreciate it! Clide always look so stoned lol.
Amornthep
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore2605 Posts
October 07 2011 19:20 GMT
#5
Thanks for the interviews. Clide fighting!
Biane
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia645 Posts
October 07 2011 20:45 GMT
#6
Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide for champion
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
October 09 2011 02:16 GMT
#7
Thanks for the interviews
Someone call down the Thunder?
Existential
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2107 Posts
October 09 2011 02:19 GMT
#8
Thanks for translating :D
Jaedong <3 | BW - The first game I ever loved
Floobie
Profile Joined February 2011
England296 Posts
October 09 2011 02:29 GMT
#9
Thanks i always enjoy reading these.

Id even like the losers to get interviewed too! (only if they felt okay about it)
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
October 09 2011 02:54 GMT
#10
Even though I don't really care for Clide, I couldn't help but be happy seeing him smile and almost break down in tears of joy after finally getting over the hump and making it past the Ro16.
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
October 09 2011 02:58 GMT
#11
Clide in the RO8, its about damn time
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
kabar
Profile Joined November 2010
United States616 Posts
October 09 2011 06:05 GMT
#12
awesome, was worried this one might not come. props for the translation.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko88
SpeCial 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23597
firebathero 2391
Bisu 761
Hyuk 639
Horang2 439
BeSt 211
Larva 196
EffOrt 142
Mini 134
Light 127
[ Show more ]
Soma 115
Leta 103
Rush 78
ZerO 68
Killer 67
Barracks 67
ToSsGirL 53
Pusan 47
soO 46
Sexy 38
Sharp 38
Aegong 31
NaDa 27
Shinee 26
Mind 23
sorry 22
Bale 19
Sacsri 19
Hm[arnc] 18
Noble 12
zelot 11
Mong 11
JulyZerg 10
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Fuzer 180
XaKoH 170
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1150
byalli971
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor984
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns40428
singsing1781
olofmeister1045
B2W.Neo148
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH57
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 26m
OSC
11h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 26m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.