• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:39
CEST 15:39
KST 22:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9053 users

Season 3 coming to an end... - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
AnxiousHippo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia1451 Posts
October 04 2011 05:34 GMT
#41
I'm all for the GM change, but I still think 3 month seasons would be better. Go get some community made maps, Blizzard!
An apple a day keeps the Protoss away | TLHF
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
October 04 2011 05:34 GMT
#42
On October 04 2011 14:32 Sfydjklm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 14:31 HenryZ wrote:
On October 04 2011 14:29 Azide wrote:
On October 04 2011 14:05 HungShark wrote:
This was recently revealed on the Bnet forums and I didn't see any other thread discussing this:

The Season 3 lock will go into effect the week of October 10th. Season 3 will officially end, and Season 4 will begin on the week of October 24th. Season milestone rewards will be locked in at this time, and bonus pools will start over. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so players who have completed placement matches in a previous season will only need to play one new placement match after Season 4 starts.


Also interesting to note two new changes to the seasons:
-Seasons will only last two months
-GM league placement will last only a week

What do you all think of this?

Personally, I'm against shorter seasons. As someone who can't afford more than an hour or so of StarCraft per week day, and maybe a few hours per weekend, I feel like I've gotten nothing accomplished. I'm top in my division, but I almost feel cheated that it's ending so soon.

Link to main article: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3279043205


what does this mean


It means it'll be only a week before gm is implemented, as opposed to the usual 2

At first I wasn't really a fan of shorter seasons but I thought about it and it doesn't really that much. If the season was a month longer, you wouldn't play better or worse

it means no new players have a chance to get GM.


Why does it mean that?
Moderator
Skeet11
Profile Joined October 2010
United States15 Posts
October 04 2011 05:35 GMT
#43
Seasons don't really matter with where you are placed. If you were on the verge of going up a league and could have done it with your next win, that's still going to be the case. It's just motivation to keep certain people coming back to the game sooner. I know a few people who stopped playing for a bit and were just waiting for the next season. Now that next season comes quicker. I don't see how it changes anything other than getting faster updates to maps and the map pool.
Duder.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
October 04 2011 05:35 GMT
#44
On October 04 2011 14:08 Tippecanoe wrote:
Wow seasons are like 9 months long and starcraft 2 seasons are now 2 months long?

Going from one extreme to another.

I think 5 - 6 months is good, but w/e blizzard is blizzard.


Wow seasons are long because they have to match the gear up with the next tier of raiding as to keep raiding as the best source of PvE gear.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
October 04 2011 05:35 GMT
#45
Maybe I should start laddering...
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
illumn
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand437 Posts
October 04 2011 05:35 GMT
#46
This is good. Seasons only affect GM players, and shorter seasons keep the GM pool fresh.

For the rest of us, it really doesn't matter.
coL.hendralisk
Profile Joined September 2009
Zimbabwe1756 Posts
October 04 2011 05:36 GMT
#47
On October 04 2011 14:32 Sfydjklm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 14:31 HenryZ wrote:
On October 04 2011 14:29 Azide wrote:
On October 04 2011 14:05 HungShark wrote:
This was recently revealed on the Bnet forums and I didn't see any other thread discussing this:

The Season 3 lock will go into effect the week of October 10th. Season 3 will officially end, and Season 4 will begin on the week of October 24th. Season milestone rewards will be locked in at this time, and bonus pools will start over. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so players who have completed placement matches in a previous season will only need to play one new placement match after Season 4 starts.


Also interesting to note two new changes to the seasons:
-Seasons will only last two months
-GM league placement will last only a week

What do you all think of this?

Personally, I'm against shorter seasons. As someone who can't afford more than an hour or so of StarCraft per week day, and maybe a few hours per weekend, I feel like I've gotten nothing accomplished. I'm top in my division, but I almost feel cheated that it's ending so soon.

Link to main article: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3279043205


what does this mean


It means it'll be only a week before gm is implemented, as opposed to the usual 2

At first I wasn't really a fan of shorter seasons but I thought about it and it doesn't really that much. If the season was a month longer, you wouldn't play better or worse

it means no new players have a chance to get GM.


I assume you mean the longer season makes getting gm tougher, which makes a shorter season better for those who want gm? Imo getting a gm icon to say your mmr is at that level as opposed to being in master league with the same mmr makes no difference; best thing to do is to keep playing to improve and eventually you'll get what's coming.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
October 04 2011 05:37 GMT
#48
On October 04 2011 14:34 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 14:32 Sfydjklm wrote:
On October 04 2011 14:31 HenryZ wrote:
On October 04 2011 14:29 Azide wrote:
On October 04 2011 14:05 HungShark wrote:
This was recently revealed on the Bnet forums and I didn't see any other thread discussing this:

The Season 3 lock will go into effect the week of October 10th. Season 3 will officially end, and Season 4 will begin on the week of October 24th. Season milestone rewards will be locked in at this time, and bonus pools will start over. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so players who have completed placement matches in a previous season will only need to play one new placement match after Season 4 starts.


Also interesting to note two new changes to the seasons:
-Seasons will only last two months
-GM league placement will last only a week

What do you all think of this?

Personally, I'm against shorter seasons. As someone who can't afford more than an hour or so of StarCraft per week day, and maybe a few hours per weekend, I feel like I've gotten nothing accomplished. I'm top in my division, but I almost feel cheated that it's ending so soon.

Link to main article: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3279043205


what does this mean


It means it'll be only a week before gm is implemented, as opposed to the usual 2

At first I wasn't really a fan of shorter seasons but I thought about it and it doesn't really that much. If the season was a month longer, you wouldn't play better or worse

it means no new players have a chance to get GM.


Why does it mean that?

I believe he meant "now" rather than "no"
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
HungShark
Profile Joined June 2010
United States134 Posts
October 04 2011 05:37 GMT
#49
New seasons are also exciting for a lot of players so they can see where they'll place.


On the other hand, it's discouraging for a lot of players because all of their hard work in the previous season will be wiped clean.
Die again in good health!
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
October 04 2011 05:38 GMT
#50
3 month seasons are best, why cant blizzard learn from iccup ! :D
Treva
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States535 Posts
October 04 2011 05:39 GMT
#51
More chances for maps to be rotated out is fine by me. I don't see how people think 2 months isn't enough time to spend BP. If you can't spend 2 months worth of BP in 2 months time I don't see how you think you'll spend 5 months worth of BP in 5 months time.

Not to mention it is incentive to play more games. New season with new standings means people get a "fresh start". That seems more friendly than having a triple digit bonus pool looking at a ladder that you'll never be near the top of since the top players would have to be real good and play a lot consistently than you.

Plus an MMR reset would be very annoying to deal with like it was when the game released. The last thing TL needs is a new forum topic created every 30 minutes about how someone is playing people too hard or too easy but are in the same division as their hard/easy opponents only because not enough games have been played by people to put their MMR to where it should be in respect to everyone else. I say if you want to keep MMR but not have new seasons you need to get rid of bonus pool and have an ICCUP type ladder system. It would eventually be annoying to have posts like "7,300 masters here.." not to mention having a universal ladder system would be easier to track skill and get rid of all these people who take ranking too much into account when determining how good someone is and all the division tiers and all that crap.
Live it up.
MilesTeg
Profile Joined September 2010
France1271 Posts
October 04 2011 05:39 GMT
#52
Does it mean new maps? Yes, time to get excited!!



...only to be disappointed once again by new, still god awful maps.
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
October 04 2011 05:40 GMT
#53
i'm COMPLETELY for it. You need to recycle GMs. If we have 6 month seasons, so many GMs at the end of 6 months will be STALE and won't have deserved to be there for a very long time, but can't be demoted for a long long time because of longer seasons.
Tppz!
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1449 Posts
October 04 2011 05:41 GMT
#54
Id like to know if we get new maps
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
October 04 2011 05:43 GMT
#55
Honestly I wish they would just remove the whole "bonus pool" idea
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
thane
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States407 Posts
October 04 2011 05:43 GMT
#56
The only thing I am upset about is that I have to spend so much f*cking time figuring out my Win/Loss ratio. I think if they were going to do what they did then they should have made it so people could changing it themselves. I wish I would have stayed in Diamond as well after all the hard work of making it there but school>SC2 :S
arew
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Lithuania1861 Posts
October 04 2011 05:44 GMT
#57
Oh god, that's so fast.. I'd really like season length for at least 3 months...
750/750 emotions fully stacked
Imperfect1987
Profile Joined August 2010
United States558 Posts
October 04 2011 05:44 GMT
#58
On October 04 2011 14:15 DeltruS wrote:
Lame. This means that the TL map contest entries wont make the seasonal cutoff and we will have to wait at least 3 months for them to be implemented.



I agree that the timing is bad. Also the 2 months season means they will rotate maps out a lot. This will be good on one hand because a lot of people will potentially have their maps played but on the other hand if your map only stays up 2 months people will hardly take it seriously. I would assume Blizzard would rotate out a map after 6-8 months hopefully with the season system. 2 months seems very short for a ladder season. I think they will change it.
The keyboard is mightier than the pen.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 05:47:09
October 04 2011 05:46 GMT
#59
Milestone rewards? what does that mean? Do they mean that no matter how many more points you get, you'll still have the same milestone? (league icon?) huh?

Anyways, 2 months? o.o I prefer 3 months but i don't care too much. But yeah I think 3 months is better =/

Edit:

Oh, shorter season does mean more map changes though. Which means possibly more new maps (community? GSL?)
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Dingobloo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1903 Posts
October 04 2011 05:46 GMT
#60
On October 04 2011 14:44 Imperfect1987 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 14:15 DeltruS wrote:
Lame. This means that the TL map contest entries wont make the seasonal cutoff and we will have to wait at least 3 months for them to be implemented.



I agree that the timing is bad. Also the 2 months season means they will rotate maps out a lot. This will be good on one hand because a lot of people will potentially have their maps played but on the other hand if your map only stays up 2 months people will hardly take it seriously. I would assume Blizzard would rotate out a map after 6-8 months hopefully with the season system. 2 months seems very short for a ladder season. I think they will change it.


They never replace the entire map pool to be fair.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1442
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 248
MaxPax 149
Rex 92
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66520
Calm 3681
Shuttle 3037
Bisu 2044
FanTaSy 1568
EffOrt 447
Soma 333
Stork 318
Mini 309
Hyuk 270
[ Show more ]
firebathero 259
Rush 238
Light 236
ZerO 166
Snow 143
Last 139
Soulkey 137
Zeus 103
actioN 103
Barracks 102
Killer 74
hero 70
Dewaltoss 61
Sea.KH 59
Mong 54
Pusan 46
Hyun 44
sorry 43
Shinee 42
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 33
NotJumperer 32
Free 30
Shine 27
Yoon 26
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 19
yabsab 18
zelot 14
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6676
Dendi814
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1367
kRYSTAL_138
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko440
Other Games
gofns40394
singsing2135
B2W.Neo671
hiko384
crisheroes288
DeMusliM226
Livibee196
byalli195
Hui .157
Liquid`VortiX94
Mew2King88
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 36m
Replay Cast
9h 21m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.