• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:54
CEST 05:54
KST 12:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8194 users

Moletrap's casting for gom 'long term' - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 78 Next
kedinik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States352 Posts
August 10 2011 07:14 GMT
#541
Moletrap's a straightforward guy with good analysis. I think he's great.

Frankly, a refreshing change of pace from Wolf and Doa spending all their energy on stealing Tastosis jokes and mannerisms while misinterpreting basic in-game events.
Nibbler89
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
884 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 07:49:54
August 10 2011 07:35 GMT
#542
I think for people that actually understand the game moletrap is very distracting as the majority of his analysis are wrong or misleading.

I don't particularly like hype casters that have little knowledge of the game so cover it by being loud / exuberant but I can understand how it can appeal to some people.

The problem with moletrap is he often tries to be an analytical caster when he doesn't really understand the game very well. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". If he just stuck to play by play instead of misleading less knowledgeable viewers and annoying ones that are knowledgeable he'd be a lot more tolerable.

The above in addition to many people finding his jokes unfunny and his voice annoying it's not hard to see why he isn't very popular.

You could make a laundry list of wrong analysis every time moletrap casts, I would do it just to prove a point but I'm pretty sure his supporters would still disagree anyway.
idonthinksobro
Profile Joined December 2010
3138 Posts
August 10 2011 07:38 GMT
#543
gom probably thinks everyone already forgot about their "every caster only gets 1 season lie" to get rid of kelly.

NgrySqrrl
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada36 Posts
August 10 2011 07:44 GMT
#544
On August 10 2011 16:35 Nibbler89 wrote:
I think for people that actually understand the game moletrap is very distracting as the majority of his analysis are wrong or misleading.

I don't particularly like hype casters that have little knowledge of the game so cover it by being loud / exuberant but I can understand how it can appeal to some people.

The problem with moletrap is he often tries to be an analytical caster when he doesn't really understand the game very well. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". If he just stuck to play by play instead of misleading less knowledgeable viewers and annoying ones that are knowledgeable he'd be a lot more tolerable.

The above in addition to many people finding his jokes unfunny and his voice annoying it's not hard to see why he isn't very popular.

You could make a laundry list of wrong analysis every time moletrap casts, I would do it just to prove a point but I'm pretty sure his supporters would still disagree either way.


i completely agree with this. personally, i enjoy moletrap's casting of BW but it's because i can really feel his passion come through, coupled with many years experience of the game. when i hear him during the GSL, it just sounds like yelling and sometimes it's so wrong that i have to watch the game on mute. hopefully a couple of months there being completely immersed in starcraft will give him the assets to cast SC2 as well as he does BW. i wish him the best of luck! congrats on the job, moletrap
i wish i was korean good and not korean-canadian good.
verifyid
Profile Joined August 2010
United States21 Posts
August 10 2011 07:50 GMT
#545
I don't really like to post to bad-mouth people I don't really know, but just a few minutes ago I really felt sad for Wolf when he casts with Moletrap. Wolf made a witty comment about code A qualifying being Daunte's Inferno with 7 levels of hell and Moletrap, for whatever reason, feels the need to correct him saying, "You mean 5 levels." insinuating that Wolf was wrong since code A qualifying only has 5 levels.

At that moment I thought to myself why does moletrap feel the need to correct his co-caster, whom he is supposed to have good chemistry with and not create awkward situations, and ruin what would have been an otherwise good casting segway.

The thing is this wasn't the only time he's done this (previous GSL seasons) and for this reason I believe that Doa makes a much better co-caster for Wolf.
pr0bez
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States50 Posts
August 10 2011 07:51 GMT
#546
While I find that Moletrap's BW casting more passionate, exciting, and accurate, he still brings a unique personality and style to the table. DoA/Wolf's is not as distinct as Wolf/Moletrap which provides more contrast in style.

If moletrap learns to stop interrupting people and turn down the treble on his voice, then he will make an excellent long-term caster.
sopas
Profile Joined July 2011
509 Posts
August 10 2011 07:54 GMT
#547
wolf and moletrap is alot better than wolf doa thats for sure .....
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 07:56:13
August 10 2011 07:56 GMT
#548
oh well

I think Wolf and Doa make a far better team. But I'm not the one who makes these decisions and it sounds like Moletrap still commands a lot of loyalty on this board from his BW days so whatever.
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
August 10 2011 07:56 GMT
#549
I fucking looooooove moletrap's casting. Keep it up man! stoked you are back!
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 07:58:23
August 10 2011 07:57 GMT
#550
Not really a fan but maybe I am becoming one! I thought he was pretty good today. He and Wolf go well together, infact most people go well with Wolf
AugustDreams
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia127 Posts
August 10 2011 08:20 GMT
#551
I don't really care for Moletrap that much but good luck to him xD. It's a pretty awesome to be casting for Gom.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams - My Let's Play Channel!
Divination
Profile Joined December 2010
United States139 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 08:25:57
August 10 2011 08:24 GMT
#552
On August 10 2011 16:35 Nibbler89 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I think for people that actually understand the game moletrap is very distracting as the majority of his analysis are wrong or misleading.

I don't particularly like hype casters that have little knowledge of the game so cover it by being loud / exuberant but I can understand how it can appeal to some people.

The problem with moletrap is he often tries to be an analytical caster when he doesn't really understand the game very well. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". If he just stuck to play by play instead of misleading less knowledgeable viewers and annoying ones that are knowledgeable he'd be a lot more tolerable.

The above in addition to many people finding his jokes unfunny and his voice annoying it's not hard to see why he isn't very popular.

You could make a laundry list of wrong analysis every time moletrap casts, I would do it just to prove a point but I'm pretty sure his supporters would still disagree anyway.



I definitely agree with this. The analytic skills of moletrap are lacking, and he is not a particularly exciting play-by-play caster either. Doa/Wolf complement each other much better because Doa and Wolf seem to be on the same page regarding their individual roles. Not to mention, Doa has a less annoying voice than moletrap.

Also, to the above post that mentioned the awkward situations moletrap creates by correcting his caster, he does create those situations very often which lead to a broken cast.
karpo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1998 Posts
August 10 2011 08:51 GMT
#553
On August 10 2011 17:24 Divination wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 16:35 Nibbler89 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I think for people that actually understand the game moletrap is very distracting as the majority of his analysis are wrong or misleading.

I don't particularly like hype casters that have little knowledge of the game so cover it by being loud / exuberant but I can understand how it can appeal to some people.

The problem with moletrap is he often tries to be an analytical caster when he doesn't really understand the game very well. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". If he just stuck to play by play instead of misleading less knowledgeable viewers and annoying ones that are knowledgeable he'd be a lot more tolerable.

The above in addition to many people finding his jokes unfunny and his voice annoying it's not hard to see why he isn't very popular.

You could make a laundry list of wrong analysis every time moletrap casts, I would do it just to prove a point but I'm pretty sure his supporters would still disagree anyway.



I definitely agree with this. The analytic skills of moletrap are lacking, and he is not a particularly exciting play-by-play caster either. Doa/Wolf complement each other much better because Doa and Wolf seem to be on the same page regarding their individual roles. Not to mention, Doa has a less annoying voice than moletrap.

Also, to the above post that mentioned the awkward situations moletrap creates by correcting his caster, he does create those situations very often which lead to a broken cast.


So much whine. Give it some more time then? I'm guessing GOM will have very high expectations and requirements on Moletrap now that he is casting for real. To me he's at least a much more interesting play-by-play caster than Doa, not that i don't like Doa.
XRaDiiX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1730 Posts
August 10 2011 08:55 GMT
#554
On August 10 2011 16:50 verifyid wrote:
I don't really like to post to bad-mouth people I don't really know, but just a few minutes ago I really felt sad for Wolf when he casts with Moletrap. Wolf made a witty comment about code A qualifying being Daunte's Inferno with 7 levels of hell and Moletrap, for whatever reason, feels the need to correct him saying, "You mean 5 levels." insinuating that Wolf was wrong since code A qualifying only has 5 levels.

At that moment I thought to myself why does moletrap feel the need to correct his co-caster, whom he is supposed to have good chemistry with and not create awkward situations, and ruin what would have been an otherwise good casting segway.

The thing is this wasn't the only time he's done this (previous GSL seasons) and for this reason I believe that Doa makes a much better co-caster for Wolf.



Agreed IMO I can't stand watching Code A when Mole Trap is Casting. He interrupts his fellow Co-Caster often usually doesn't predict anything right.

Is actually rude to his Co-Casters often.

and his voice isn't say the best for a caster..

Although he does seem to have some charisma when things get crazy and the battles... he gets excited

I'd say thats the only good part about his casting...

I think Gomtv has made the wrong choice in choosing MoleTrap to cast he doesn't jive well with any casters.

And For having an opinion On Team Liquid Forums gets you in Trouble honestly i don't care this is my opinion of him..

I've seen tons of other Casters since i've watched since the GSL 1,2 Seasons.

Tastosis> Wolf > Jason Lee> Torch> QXC> DOA> Kelly> Mole Trap.
Never GG MKP | IdrA
Manbulance
Profile Joined October 2010
United States25 Posts
August 10 2011 09:01 GMT
#555
He really seems like he should just not be casting as a duo, he just can't seem to work that fluidly with either of the people he has been teamed up with, always correcting and interrupting. The jokes and general banter also seems a lot more awkward and the analysis is sub-par.

His voice and energy is quite excellent though, would not mind at all if it was only him, since it's not I'm afraid I'll have to mute most of his casts for a while till we see some improvement. He seems to be here to stay for a while so really hope he does get better, he is better with Wolf so possibly they will get a better cohesion going.
Wak.Turtle
Profile Joined January 2011
29 Posts
August 10 2011 09:08 GMT
#556
On August 10 2011 16:50 verifyid wrote:
I don't really like to post to bad-mouth people I don't really know, but just a few minutes ago I really felt sad for Wolf when he casts with Moletrap. Wolf made a witty comment about code A qualifying being Daunte's Inferno with 7 levels of hell and Moletrap, for whatever reason, feels the need to correct him saying, "You mean 5 levels." insinuating that Wolf was wrong since code A qualifying only has 5 levels.

At that moment I thought to myself why does moletrap feel the need to correct his co-caster, whom he is supposed to have good chemistry with and not create awkward situations, and ruin what would have been an otherwise good casting segway.

The thing is this wasn't the only time he's done this (previous GSL seasons) and for this reason I believe that Doa makes a much better co-caster for Wolf.


I completely agree with this post and I thought the exact same thing when this happened tonight.

I personally do not like moletrap at all. I agree with what everyone has been saying on this thread. what I dont understand is why GOMTV isnt listening to the viewers? I mean there is a thread on the GOM site about the casters and its all about moletrap and how no one really likes him. Why would GOMTV bring him back to cast when the majority of people hate him to the point where they are saying they're not going to watch the GSL anymore, not that I think that is true, and or mute the stream?

It just doesn't seem like a smart move to bring him back, He doesn't mesh well with DOA OR WOLF. At this rate what are they going to do bring kelly back?
Leo702
Profile Joined April 2011
United States53 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 09:13:54
August 10 2011 09:12 GMT
#557
Yay! I'm happy with him back. He and Wolf did well together tonight. He brings some excitement with his enthusiasm in code A that I did not feel as much with other casters. He keeps real and does not try to be funny because he knows he is not. He's more sarcastic/trolly, which is fine with me.
It's only a game. justin.tv/Leo702
karpo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1998 Posts
August 10 2011 09:13 GMT
#558
On August 10 2011 18:08 Wak.Turtle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 16:50 verifyid wrote:
I don't really like to post to bad-mouth people I don't really know, but just a few minutes ago I really felt sad for Wolf when he casts with Moletrap. Wolf made a witty comment about code A qualifying being Daunte's Inferno with 7 levels of hell and Moletrap, for whatever reason, feels the need to correct him saying, "You mean 5 levels." insinuating that Wolf was wrong since code A qualifying only has 5 levels.

At that moment I thought to myself why does moletrap feel the need to correct his co-caster, whom he is supposed to have good chemistry with and not create awkward situations, and ruin what would have been an otherwise good casting segway.

The thing is this wasn't the only time he's done this (previous GSL seasons) and for this reason I believe that Doa makes a much better co-caster for Wolf.


I completely agree with this post and I thought the exact same thing when this happened tonight.

I personally do not like moletrap at all. I agree with what everyone has been saying on this thread. what I dont understand is why GOMTV isnt listening to the viewers? I mean there is a thread on the GOM site about the casters and its all about moletrap and how no one really likes him. Why would GOMTV bring him back to cast when the majority of people hate him to the point where they are saying they're not going to watch the GSL anymore, not that I think that is true, and or mute the stream?

It just doesn't seem like a smart move to bring him back, He doesn't mesh well with DOA OR WOLF. At this rate what are they going to do bring kelly back?


Why do you feel like your vocal minority (as seen in the GSL caster vote thread) should dictate who GOM hires and not? In every GOM comment section i see people shitting on Wolf, Doa or whatever caster is casting at the time. It's the internet, people like to complain about everything.
Nibbler89
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
884 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 09:41:33
August 10 2011 09:29 GMT
#559
On August 10 2011 18:13 karpo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 18:08 Wak.Turtle wrote:
On August 10 2011 16:50 verifyid wrote:
I don't really like to post to bad-mouth people I don't really know, but just a few minutes ago I really felt sad for Wolf when he casts with Moletrap. Wolf made a witty comment about code A qualifying being Daunte's Inferno with 7 levels of hell and Moletrap, for whatever reason, feels the need to correct him saying, "You mean 5 levels." insinuating that Wolf was wrong since code A qualifying only has 5 levels.

At that moment I thought to myself why does moletrap feel the need to correct his co-caster, whom he is supposed to have good chemistry with and not create awkward situations, and ruin what would have been an otherwise good casting segway.

The thing is this wasn't the only time he's done this (previous GSL seasons) and for this reason I believe that Doa makes a much better co-caster for Wolf.


I completely agree with this post and I thought the exact same thing when this happened tonight.

I personally do not like moletrap at all. I agree with what everyone has been saying on this thread. what I dont understand is why GOMTV isnt listening to the viewers? I mean there is a thread on the GOM site about the casters and its all about moletrap and how no one really likes him. Why would GOMTV bring him back to cast when the majority of people hate him to the point where they are saying they're not going to watch the GSL anymore, not that I think that is true, and or mute the stream?

It just doesn't seem like a smart move to bring him back, He doesn't mesh well with DOA OR WOLF. At this rate what are they going to do bring kelly back?


Why do you feel like your vocal minority (as seen in the GSL caster vote thread) should dictate who GOM hires and not? In every GOM comment section i see people shitting on Wolf, Doa or whatever caster is casting at the time. It's the internet, people like to complain about everything.


If he improves that's great but I don't feel like my criticisms were off, if moletrap thinks his casting is fine why would he change? Why research the game and try not to make bad assumptions if no one is calling him out on it.

If you just give a hard look at his casting without bias you can see there are some pretty glaring holes in it. Saying "you're just a vocal minority" and completely side stepping points made about his weaknesses as a caster seems like blind adoration to me. It's not like I made a post saying "LOLMOLECRAPSUX HE SHUD BE FIRED". That is the other extreme of the spectrum. He has his strengths and I already discussed in my previous post how he could easily improve as a caster just by not trying to over analyze without properly knowing if he is correct. Once he learns the game better then sure I'd welcome analytical casting from him.
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
August 10 2011 09:34 GMT
#560
i personally have no problem with his casting. he does pretty well. and with three code A casters, there'll be slight differences depending on the pair.
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 170
ProTech121
Nina 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2254
Shuttle 1320
Dewaltoss 55
Bale 51
Snow 44
Noble 37
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1051
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King308
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor528
Other Games
summit1g9950
JimRising 710
C9.Mang0311
PiGStarcraft308
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• Response 6
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo831
• Stunt183
Other Games
• Scarra763
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 6m
OSC
18h 6m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.