• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:52
CEST 14:52
KST 21:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7293 users

Season 3 Ladder Map Changes (Official) - Page 54

Forum Index > SC2 General
1106 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 Next
itsMAHVELbaybee
Profile Joined October 2008
292 Posts
July 27 2011 16:16 GMT
#1061
Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.


Whats so wrong in trying something different? Would you rather keep Delta Quandrant in there or something?
I am boss. -Minami-ke
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
July 27 2011 16:26 GMT
#1062
having just got a game on it i actually quite like antiga. i haven't played searing/abyssal yet, but the others are okay. nerazim's a bit quirky i guess, don't like the way the natural is positioned but that's not a big deal
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
July 27 2011 16:29 GMT
#1063
Can't believe they took out Metalopolis.
What a terrible choice to go with otherwise good ones. </3
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
CursedFeanor
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada539 Posts
July 27 2011 16:39 GMT
#1064
On July 27 2011 23:56 GoldTalon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2011 23:02 CursedFeanor wrote:
I've rapidly browsed through this thread and couldn't find actual maps review... Is this only another QQ fest with no pertinent discussion?

I'd really like to have some good player's opinions on the new maps.


I found this that reviewed the new maps.


http://wellplayed.org/forum/general-starcraft-ii/thread/season-3-maps-vol.-1-abyssal-caverns-pro


thanks for the link! that's the type of review I'm looking for... hopefully there's one for terran coming up as well!
slicknav
Profile Joined January 2011
1409 Posts
July 27 2011 16:53 GMT
#1065
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem or if I'm just crazy. I was playing a game on Antiga Shipyard, and there was an automaton chilling in my base. It was at my ramp and I was trying to wall off with my barracks, but the bot was in the way, and it wouldn't let me place my barracks where I wanted it to. I had to wait for the bot to move away shortly after before I could start building. Here's the screenshot.
[image loading]

blah blah blah...
tnud
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden2233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 16:56:14
July 27 2011 16:56 GMT
#1066
On July 28 2011 01:53 slicknav wrote:
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem or if I'm just crazy. I was playing a game on Antiga Shipyard, and there was an automaton chilling in my base. It was at my ramp and I was trying to wall off with my barracks, but the bot was in the way, and it wouldn't let me place my barracks where I wanted it to. I had to wait for the bot to move away shortly after before I could start building. Here's the screenshot.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



It has 10hp, 2 shot it with the scv
Although it has no business being near the wallin in the first place.
- ಠ_ಠ - | disinfect wrote: AHAHHAHAHA 2DG FUCK ME ALREADY.
Teael
Profile Joined February 2011
United States724 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 17:04:57
July 27 2011 17:04 GMT
#1067
I played on Abyssal caverns earlier today, and I don't know if anyone else noticed (or maybe nobody else gets annoyed by it), but there is like a TON of empty space in the corner of the map.


Also played on Nerazim - I think it's ok
slicknav
Profile Joined January 2011
1409 Posts
July 27 2011 17:56 GMT
#1068
On July 28 2011 01:56 tnud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 01:53 slicknav wrote:
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem or if I'm just crazy. I was playing a game on Antiga Shipyard, and there was an automaton chilling in my base. It was at my ramp and I was trying to wall off with my barracks, but the bot was in the way, and it wouldn't let me place my barracks where I wanted it to. I had to wait for the bot to move away shortly after before I could start building. Here's the screenshot.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



It has 10hp, 2 shot it with the scv
Although it has no business being near the wallin in the first place.


I suppose I could have killed it. But I feel like killing the automaton isn't something I should have to do to put my buildings where I want them.
blah blah blah...
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
July 27 2011 18:01 GMT
#1069
Good riddens, it's been in the pool for a year. Good map, one of the best, sure but still. Time to get something else. Dont like their talk of variety though since that means bad maps. Sure the game hasnt been figuered out yet and all that but ugh, I dont like the process either way even though in the end it will be for the better.
Do you really want chat rooms?
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
July 27 2011 18:21 GMT
#1070
With all the T-Ts regarding Metalopolis, I too will share in that.
While it wasn't my favorite map, I still enjoyed playing in it and I didn't have any complaints regarding it so.......

Bye, you will be missed......
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
July 27 2011 19:10 GMT
#1071
On July 26 2011 10:08 Giwoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2011 10:06 gosuMalicE wrote:
Take out metal leave in shattered temple, WTF?


dude ST is like one of the best maps

I don't know why everyone is saying that Metalopolis is Zerg biased. I'm High Diamond Terran and I've never experienced problems on that map even though TvZ is one of my weaker match-ups. That being said Shattered Temple is one of the best maps--for Zerg...

At close air positions a Zerg has the ability to constantly have vision on your mineral line and see when you pull SCVs. If they're good they should be able to tell the difference between a Maynard and an all in, so basically they know exactly how you're playing until you get something flying to kill it. Plus the middle is so wide open that any engagement basically favors the Zerg entirely.

I think the problem is less of the map and more that maps like Metalopolis usually wind up developing into the late stages of the game. And let's be honest, late game, TvZ is a nightmare. Metalopolis shouldn't have been removed, Infestors should have just been nerfed.

Oh well, seems Blizzard has managed to mess up again (why do my Thors have energy again?), but who's really surprised?
aebriol
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway2066 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 23:35:31
July 27 2011 19:31 GMT
#1072
On July 28 2011 04:10 The Final Boss wrote:
At close air positions a Zerg has the ability to constantly have vision on your mineral line and see when you pull SCVs.

Something tells me you all in a lot, if that's your main complaint ... 'exactly how you are playing' = knowing whether or not SCV's are pulled for an all in or not...
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
July 27 2011 19:37 GMT
#1073
Guys, stop talking, go play some 2v2s! Tyrador keep is amazing! It's a stunningly different map from almost anything Blizzard has thrown on us. It's still not really rich in bases (15 to the usuall 14 is not much a difference), but there are at leats two good naturals to begin with and the gold is easy to protect if you have a T on your team.

The mappool has improved so much that I can finally veto Khaydarin depths. I would never think (particularly after the introduction of Gutterhulk) that this would be the worst map in the pool (oh, nevermind that you have only one expo, it is a gold one, it has to be enough...). And I am even starting to think about vetoin High orbit (because of the stupid rocks). 2v2s have just changed a lot now.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
ShnAndrei
Profile Joined March 2011
Romania164 Posts
July 27 2011 19:39 GMT
#1074
On July 28 2011 03:01 FarbrorAbavna wrote:
Good riddens, it's been in the pool for a year. Good map, one of the best, sure but still. Time to get something else.


I'll take another map as soon as they make one as good as Metalopolis.
SouL_sc2
Profile Joined September 2010
United States90 Posts
July 27 2011 20:59 GMT
#1075
[QUOTE]On July 28 2011 04:31 aebriol wrote:
[QUOTE]On July 28 2011 04:10 The Final Boss wrote:
At close air positions a Zerg has the ability to constantly have vision on your mineral line and see when you pull SCVs. [QUOTE]
Something tells me you all in a lot, if that's your main complaint ... 'exactly how you are playing' = knowing whether or not SCV's are pulled for an all in or not... [/QUOTE]


This could also mean that they know your expansion timing
"More GG more skill"-Aleksey "White-Ra" Krupnyk
moregamethanSEGA
Profile Joined May 2011
United States76 Posts
July 27 2011 21:13 GMT
#1076
Thanks Bizzard for removing Metalopolis (best 1v1 map), Monsoon (best 3v3 map), and Megaton (Best 4v4 map)... sorry for the sarcasm but I still cant believe I have to play the following maps (in order of hatred):

1) Biolab (how am i supposed to expand again? Why are there positional imbalances - ie - like a 2 building walloff when you spawn is certain locations but not others, such as the middle)

2) Extinction (this map is a joke, unless you are a zerg, in which case you 6/10 pool every time and win) Did I mention reaper cheese is prevalent here? Blizzard... why make a map which screams "please ling/reaper me to death, when you clearly were tyring to prevent that with the reaper nerf. Oh and have you tried walling in? In case you didnt know it takes like 6 buildings to wall when you spawn in the back - good luck with that.

3) Frontier (i actually like the map architecture and the number of expansions), but its too cheesy early on, with two entrances and distances between non-middle bases too large to help each other in time). Try adding rocks to an entraces, then we are cool.

4) Ruins of Tarsonis (by far the worst 2v2 map, besides gutterhulk) - you might as well rename this 'Steps of War Part Deux'. And how on eath are two people supposed to guard 3 entrances with a wide-as-hell choke to start off? Seriously though, what are you thinking blizzard?! Why even have rocks blocking gold when you can never take it anyways cause its 5 feet from opponents?

Lastly, for Pete's sake, please add Belshir Beach to Map pool (or some kind of beachy-themed map). They look cool and have neat architecure (highground at choke, 2 building wall-off). I can't imagine its that hard.
Heroes live forever... but legends never die.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
July 27 2011 22:53 GMT
#1077
I'm surprised none of the mlg maps or crevasse is in tthe map pool. However RIP metalopolis the last bit of love i had for the old maps. Thanks for the post
User was warned for too many mimes.
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
July 27 2011 23:10 GMT
#1078
On July 28 2011 06:13 moregamethanSEGA wrote:
Thanks Bizzard for removing Metalopolis (best 1v1 map), Monsoon (best 3v3 map), and Megaton (Best 4v4 map)... sorry for the sarcasm but I still cant believe I have to play the following maps (in order of hatred):

1) Biolab (how am i supposed to expand again? Why are there positional imbalances - ie - like a 2 building walloff when you spawn is certain locations but not others, such as the middle)

2) Extinction (this map is a joke, unless you are a zerg, in which case you 6/10 pool every time and win) Did I mention reaper cheese is prevalent here? Blizzard... why make a map which screams "please ling/reaper me to death, when you clearly were tyring to prevent that with the reaper nerf. Oh and have you tried walling in? In case you didnt know it takes like 6 buildings to wall when you spawn in the back - good luck with that.

3) Frontier (i actually like the map architecture and the number of expansions), but its too cheesy early on, with two entrances and distances between non-middle bases too large to help each other in time). Try adding rocks to an entraces, then we are cool.

4) Ruins of Tarsonis (by far the worst 2v2 map, besides gutterhulk) - you might as well rename this 'Steps of War Part Deux'. And how on eath are two people supposed to guard 3 entrances with a wide-as-hell choke to start off? Seriously though, what are you thinking blizzard?! Why even have rocks blocking gold when you can never take it anyways cause its 5 feet from opponents?

Lastly, for Pete's sake, please add Belshir Beach to Map pool (or some kind of beachy-themed map). They look cool and have neat architecure (highground at choke, 2 building wall-off). I can't imagine its that hard.


While I agree with you on Biolab, Frontier, and Ruins of Tarsonis, I have found both Monsoon and Megaton to be frustrating maps. Moosoon encourages you to expand with the easy natural, but here, like Frontier, you essentially have 2 entrances to your main unless you have no Zerg and all your teammates wall off. I got sick of Terran and Toss turtling on this map and I struggledto not overproduce workers (only two gold 3rds to be shared amongst 6 people!).

Given the vetoes we have, I'm happy with the 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 changes.
Mercurial#1193
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
July 27 2011 23:14 GMT
#1079

1v1
Removed:
Scrap Station (2)
Slag Pits (4)
Delta Quadrant (4)
Metalopolis (4)

Holy shit, it is like Blizzard read my mind. My most hated 4 maps in the pool were removed. Thank you Blizzard.
Skoop
Profile Joined March 2011
United States214 Posts
July 27 2011 23:41 GMT
#1080
On July 27 2011 23:56 GoldTalon wrote:

I found this that reviewed the new maps.


http://wellplayed.org/forum/general-starcraft-ii/thread/season-3-maps-vol.-1-abyssal-caverns-pro

That was insightful thanks. I wonder what a zerg version of that would be... "veto 3 of these maps then leave the game whenever you're queued into the 4th."
DongRaeGu & JangBi & HerO & Jaedong & ZerO & Taeja fighting!
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 887
RotterdaM436
TKL 192
SteadfastSC173
Rex100
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 436
ByuN 250
TKL 192
SteadfastSC 173
Rex 100
Codebar 28
CosmosSc2 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37418
Shuttle 2162
Jaedong 851
Bisu 720
Horang2 695
Soulkey 465
Stork 344
Mini 329
actioN 266
EffOrt 261
[ Show more ]
Soma 220
Larva 216
BeSt 215
Mong 161
firebathero 155
Rush 154
ZerO 150
Snow 149
Last 144
Zeus 93
Free 83
910 80
Pusan 69
Mind 68
Hyun 61
PianO 50
hero 49
Sharp 47
Shinee 41
Yoon 40
sorry 35
Shine 31
JYJ 30
Bale 28
Sexy 25
Hm[arnc] 21
ToSsGirL 21
Aegong 18
HiyA 18
ZergMaN 15
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3249
Dendi925
canceldota75
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1072
edward24
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King203
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes527
Lowko318
Other Games
gofns74361
singsing2258
hiko263
DeMusliM240
B2W.Neo230
Pyrionflax170
Livibee148
QueenE53
Trikslyr32
ZerO(Twitch)14
Liquid`VortiX10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1285
Other Games
BasetradeTV159
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• Jankos1435
• Nemesis972
• TFBlade258
Other Games
• Shiphtur642
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 8m
The PondCast
21h 8m
INu's Battles
22h 8m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.