• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:20
CEST 23:20
KST 06:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7585 users

SK represented by MC and NaDa in foreign tourneys - Page 36

Forum Index > SC2 General
768 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 39 Next All
kittensrcute
Profile Joined August 2010
United States617 Posts
July 16 2011 03:02 GMT
#701
On July 16 2011 10:21 iYiYi wrote:


This is SK gaming.

I am glad MC and Nada now have reliable support for foreign events. I just wonder how much though know about SK's shady past. Maybe they have changed...

SK has sponsored hundreds of players and dozens of teams, it isn't too surprising that ONE of the teams was "shady".

I think the acquisition of NaDa and MC is great and I hope to see them participating in many foreign tournies!
iYiYi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States489 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 03:07:15
July 16 2011 03:06 GMT
#702
On July 16 2011 12:02 kittensrcute wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 10:21 iYiYi wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAtlp2dDPU&feature=relmfu

This is SK gaming.

I am glad MC and Nada now have reliable support for foreign events. I just wonder how much though know about SK's shady past. Maybe they have changed...

SK has sponsored hundreds of players and dozens of teams, it isn't too surprising that ONE of the teams was "shady".

I think the acquisition of NaDa and MC is great and I hope to see them participating in many foreign tournies!

You should go read up on their HoN team from last month. I am not just calling them out because of one team. They have a reputation for picking up shady players, I just picked the most extreme example. Its the sad truth, and I hope Nada and MC won't end up regretting their decision.
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
July 16 2011 03:16 GMT
#703
didn't SK just drop their entire HoN line-up and pick up EG's ones?
Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
Zath.erin
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada429 Posts
July 16 2011 03:16 GMT
#704
On July 16 2011 12:06 iYiYi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 12:02 kittensrcute wrote:
On July 16 2011 10:21 iYiYi wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAtlp2dDPU&feature=relmfu

This is SK gaming.

I am glad MC and Nada now have reliable support for foreign events. I just wonder how much though know about SK's shady past. Maybe they have changed...

SK has sponsored hundreds of players and dozens of teams, it isn't too surprising that ONE of the teams was "shady".

I think the acquisition of NaDa and MC is great and I hope to see them participating in many foreign tournies!

You should go read up on their HoN team from last month. I am not just calling them out because of one team. They have a reputation for picking up shady players, I just picked the most extreme example. Its the sad truth, and I hope Nada and MC won't end up regretting their decision.

Oh so you add HoN as an example, probably the 2nd most unprofessional and game full of ragers there is behind WoW's PvP scene. Pretty poor examples to be honest in both those games are filled with "ragers" even the pro's. Honestly most Esports are filled with that type of behavior, SC2 just trys to take its self a lot more serious then most.
I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except once my pants are on, i make gold records!
kittensrcute
Profile Joined August 2010
United States617 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 03:28:52
July 16 2011 03:16 GMT
#705
On July 16 2011 12:06 iYiYi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 12:02 kittensrcute wrote:
On July 16 2011 10:21 iYiYi wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAtlp2dDPU&feature=relmfu

This is SK gaming.

I am glad MC and Nada now have reliable support for foreign events. I just wonder how much though know about SK's shady past. Maybe they have changed...

SK has sponsored hundreds of players and dozens of teams, it isn't too surprising that ONE of the teams was "shady".

I think the acquisition of NaDa and MC is great and I hope to see them participating in many foreign tournies!

You should go read up on their HoN team from last month. I am not just calling them out because of one team. They have a reputation for picking up shady players, I just picked the most extreme example. Its the sad truth, and I hope Nada and MC won't end up regretting their decision.

Oh, stopped following HoN as religiously as I used to. Was that the shenanigans with Tralfamadore? Egad, yeah, I hope everything works out for Nada and MC.

Though, SC2 is generally a much more mannered ESPORT and also there's a lot less player interaction than in a game like WoW or HoN. Also the players ARE Nada and MC so unless the management is corrupt, I don't think there should be any issues.
Eaglelives
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4 Posts
July 16 2011 03:26 GMT
#706
SK's poor reputation isn't limited to HoN or WoW, as that HeatoN interview can attest.

It's not like they'll be able to do anything to MC or NaDa though, as they won't be their players.
"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty."
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
July 16 2011 03:31 GMT
#707
On July 16 2011 12:16 Zath.erin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 12:06 iYiYi wrote:
On July 16 2011 12:02 kittensrcute wrote:
On July 16 2011 10:21 iYiYi wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAtlp2dDPU&feature=relmfu

This is SK gaming.

I am glad MC and Nada now have reliable support for foreign events. I just wonder how much though know about SK's shady past. Maybe they have changed...

SK has sponsored hundreds of players and dozens of teams, it isn't too surprising that ONE of the teams was "shady".

I think the acquisition of NaDa and MC is great and I hope to see them participating in many foreign tournies!

You should go read up on their HoN team from last month. I am not just calling them out because of one team. They have a reputation for picking up shady players, I just picked the most extreme example. Its the sad truth, and I hope Nada and MC won't end up regretting their decision.

Oh so you add HoN as an example, probably the 2nd most unprofessional and game full of ragers there is behind WoW's PvP scene. Pretty poor examples to be honest in both those games are filled with "ragers" even the pro's. Honestly most Esports are filled with that type of behavior, SC2 just trys to take its self a lot more serious then most.

2nd? I'm afraid if there's one worse than it.
DarkRise
Profile Joined November 2010
1644 Posts
July 16 2011 03:36 GMT
#708
What a cheap move!! Dropping their players and picking up renowned players that are in a team to represent them outside of Korea. Anyways is there any point doing this ? sponsors?
Zath.erin
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada429 Posts
July 16 2011 04:07 GMT
#709
On July 16 2011 12:31 Nevuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 12:16 Zath.erin wrote:
On July 16 2011 12:06 iYiYi wrote:
On July 16 2011 12:02 kittensrcute wrote:
On July 16 2011 10:21 iYiYi wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAtlp2dDPU&feature=relmfu

This is SK gaming.

I am glad MC and Nada now have reliable support for foreign events. I just wonder how much though know about SK's shady past. Maybe they have changed...

SK has sponsored hundreds of players and dozens of teams, it isn't too surprising that ONE of the teams was "shady".

I think the acquisition of NaDa and MC is great and I hope to see them participating in many foreign tournies!

You should go read up on their HoN team from last month. I am not just calling them out because of one team. They have a reputation for picking up shady players, I just picked the most extreme example. Its the sad truth, and I hope Nada and MC won't end up regretting their decision.

Oh so you add HoN as an example, probably the 2nd most unprofessional and game full of ragers there is behind WoW's PvP scene. Pretty poor examples to be honest in both those games are filled with "ragers" even the pro's. Honestly most Esports are filled with that type of behavior, SC2 just trys to take its self a lot more serious then most.

2nd? I'm afraid if there's one worse than it.

Hmm, Dota? haha not sure what you're aiming at but dota hon may aswell be the same thing.
I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except once my pants are on, i make gold records!
Alva`
Profile Joined February 2011
Brazil27 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 05:02:14
July 16 2011 05:02 GMT
#710
I still remember Sk in their glory days! Dominating CS, WC3 and fifa. Its kinda sad how they are slowly dieing, it wont be long until SK completely disappears from e-sports. Gl to them tho
grandkai
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada71 Posts
July 16 2011 06:00 GMT
#711
sick move for SK
Teeloh
Profile Joined February 2010
France3 Posts
July 16 2011 06:02 GMT
#712
On July 15 2011 18:55 Animostas wrote: I don't really see why MC and Nada can't just play as oGs members.


Even if they have the SK tag outside korea, everybody in the world now MC and Nada are oGs members. No one is fooled.
So it's 200% in favor of oGS coz they receive money from SK for the location of player and % of gains probably and they keep their notoriety outside korea even if their players wear the SK tag.
SK will just win easy victories and without management.

oGs>SK imo.
Lzuruha.FantaSy
Profile Joined July 2010
United States59 Posts
July 16 2011 06:05 GMT
#713
sweet
We do not fear death. We only fear the loss of living this time here. The only life we do know. We are afraid to transcend this Earth, because we know, those who have died no longer live to tell the tale It is the unknown we fear, not death I have noth
FreedonNadd
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria573 Posts
July 16 2011 06:21 GMT
#714
SK should also get July, Trickster and MKP. Would be awesome. Nerdgasmic awesome.
Some people wear Superman pajamas, but Superman has Day[9] pajamas.
Ai.Cola
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany236 Posts
July 16 2011 06:35 GMT
#715
most "wayne" message ever.

Who cares?
MC already representing "liquid ogs" whats the point of that SK thing?
What does SK expect to achieve with this?
MC will make some nice money with it I guess, but thats pretty much it.

The most we ca hope for is seeing mc in more foreign tourneys, but it didn't seem to be a problem so far to get him anywhere, also didn't he just say that he wants to stay in korea for a while to get in shape again?
check out my stream: http://www.own3d.tv/live/103247/Alien-Invasion_Cola HotS Terran, Grandmaster
Tryxtira
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden572 Posts
July 16 2011 06:42 GMT
#716
This is some seriously weird stuff. I mean, to me, it seems that SK gaming decided they wanted to put a lot of money into SC2, they probably tried to sign European and Korean players to start with, and when that failed, they approached oGs with a lot of money to be able to say that MC and Nada are SK players. I really don't get that though, it's just such an obvious PR-trick. Well, well, more money into E-sports is always a good thing I suppose...
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
July 16 2011 08:33 GMT
#717
On July 16 2011 12:16 nayumi wrote:
didn't SK just drop their entire HoN line-up and pick up EG's ones?


ehm? source :o?
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
July 16 2011 08:54 GMT
#718
Nice new sponsors for oGs.
Falcor
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada894 Posts
July 16 2011 08:59 GMT
#719
On July 16 2011 12:06 iYiYi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 12:02 kittensrcute wrote:
On July 16 2011 10:21 iYiYi wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAtlp2dDPU&feature=relmfu

This is SK gaming.

I am glad MC and Nada now have reliable support for foreign events. I just wonder how much though know about SK's shady past. Maybe they have changed...

SK has sponsored hundreds of players and dozens of teams, it isn't too surprising that ONE of the teams was "shady".

I think the acquisition of NaDa and MC is great and I hope to see them participating in many foreign tournies!

You should go read up on their HoN team from last month. I am not just calling them out because of one team. They have a reputation for picking up shady players, I just picked the most extreme example. Its the sad truth, and I hope Nada and MC won't end up regretting their decision.


They are also known to have a beast cs team for close to a decade
ineq
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden376 Posts
July 16 2011 10:20 GMT
#720
On July 16 2011 17:33 SmoKim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 12:16 nayumi wrote:
didn't SK just drop their entire HoN line-up and pick up EG's ones?


ehm? source :o?


www.sk-gaming.com and browse your way to their players. it's been all over sites that cover esports aswell, i'm surprised you've missed it.
HerO - iNcontroL - DeMusliM - TaeJa - JaeDong
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
JuggernautJason129
Nina 93
SpeCial 4
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 167
firebathero 77
910 42
NaDa 31
Counter-Strike
Fnx 814
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0177
PPMD10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9847
crisheroes1776
Liquid`Hasu1690
Trikslyr70
Other Games
summit1g6560
Liquid`RaSZi5677
Beastyqt824
shahzam497
B2W.Neo221
ToD190
Pyrionflax175
KnowMe127
ArmadaUGS80
ZombieGrub76
IndyStarCraft 70
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream353
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Eskiya23 17
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV532
League of Legends
• TFBlade1264
Other Games
• imaqtpie1039
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 40m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.