• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:03
CEST 17:03
KST 00:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9429 users

TL interviews NASL Finalists

Forum Index > SC2 General
116 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
July 12 2011 07:30 GMT
#1
As you may know, TeamLiquid has its own GHOSTCLAW and shindigs present at the event. They were able to get us a brief interviews with the finalists after the event. Here they are.

(P)oGsMC


Out of the Korean players, you have the most experience with tournament overseas. If you had to compare NASL with other foreign tournaments, how would you compare them?
First of all, I think out of the foreign tournaments, I think American tournaments have better responses from the fans and are better about providing room and board. So I preferred events like NASL or MLG. In terms of scale, I think there isn't too much of a difference between Dreamhack or MLG or NASL or other tournaments. I think it's a tournament that will have a lot of improvements in the future.

Your interviews in English left a deep impression on the fans. Do you do this as fanservice towards your foreign fans?
While fan service is fan service, I think I picked up English quickly so I could get by when I go overseas. And because I live with Jinro and Huk at TeamLiquid, I think I'll be able to improve my English in the future also.

You revealed in your Interview in the GSL that you wouldn’t be going to any more overseas tournaments for some time. When should we expect you back?
I want to practice in Korea. I feel like I've fallen behind. I think you may be able to see me again in about two months time.

Your games against Sen left a deep impression. We’re curious how you approached the series as you entered the game, and if there were any memorable moments during that series.
Because I haven't lost to Sen before, I approached the game thinking it'd be easy. But as I played I felt that Sen has really improved. The most memorable moment during the game was when I destroyed Sen's expansion in the last game with Dark Templars. I was really happy then.

Please say something to your many fans in TeamLiquid
I visit the fanclub there often. They post a lot of funny pictures. And I'm thankful because their reactions are always so positive. I actually made a TeamLiquid account recently, so I'll make sure to visit often so I can communicate with my fans.



(T)PuMa


(Special Thanks to (T)SeleCT for making this interview happen)

What did you think of the series? Were you nervous?
I was really nervous, and I was even more nervous for the final match. I think I've had two of the most chilling and trembling games I've had in my life at this tournament.

Would you be encouraged to come back to foreign tournaments?
Of course. I'll work really hard just so I can come back to feel this kind of passionate atmosphere again.

Are you excited to back to Korea and play now that you have beaten oGsMC?
Because I beat MC, I think I will be able to play against other Protosses without being intimidated. Without intimidation, but with confidence.

Please say something to your fans in TeamLiquid
I think this was the opportunity I had to get myself known to the foreign community. If you keep watching me and cheering for me, I will return to you with better results in Korea and in foreign tournaments.




Everyone thank GHOSTCLAW, shindigs, and SeleCT for making this interview possible!
Facebook Twitter Reddit
eltese
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden369 Posts
July 12 2011 07:33 GMT
#2
sweet. MC is great as always =)
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
July 12 2011 07:33 GMT
#3
Thanks for the interviews Milkis. PuMa definitely seemed nervous in interviews and before the game but he clearly has the steel nerves of a champion. That's also interesting that MC made a TL account. Hello MC!
Moderator
JoeSchmoe
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2058 Posts
July 12 2011 07:36 GMT
#4
oooo what is MC's account name?!!
CDCramer
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States61 Posts
July 12 2011 07:37 GMT
#5
i bet after people read this there will 50 new accounts claiming they are mc

:/
RezChi
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2368 Posts
July 12 2011 07:38 GMT
#6
MC with an account! Hope there would be some fan interaction online xD oGsMC fighting!
Wunder
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2950 Posts
July 12 2011 07:39 GMT
#7
Thanks for the great interviews guys MC Fighting!
Writer@joonjoewong
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
July 12 2011 07:40 GMT
#8
MC interviews are always fun, especially as I feel he matured a bit recently. He was very mannered at NASL finals, thumbs up etc, hugging PuMa ^^
memes are a dish best served dank
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
July 12 2011 07:52 GMT
#9
I want to practice in Korea. I feel like I've fallen behind.


Thought that might happen, he's been overseas so often he's losing his grip on the Korean scene.
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
July 12 2011 07:54 GMT
#10
Aww, no MC for 2 months
At least he will use TL now
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Zirith
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada403 Posts
July 12 2011 07:57 GMT
#11
Love how mc interviews and I really enjoyed watching their games!
Artosis: "I don't trust hyenas."
EGfanBoi!DemuFtw
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom46 Posts
July 12 2011 08:07 GMT
#12
MC interviews are always fun, especially as I feel he matured a bit recently. He was very mannered at NASL finals, thumbs up etc, hugging PuMa ^^


Well he has slightly matured, but he hugged puma as its his friend of 8 years, like he hugged huk when he beat mc at homestory. But it was great to see the respect given via him to sen, he rly did deserve it.
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
July 12 2011 08:09 GMT
#13
I think it's great that MC strives to be the best and recognises that solid practice will get him there. That type of dedication to the game is absolutely admirable. Wish he didn't have to play Huk tomorrow .
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
R4iD
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada142 Posts
July 12 2011 08:09 GMT
#14
MC on TL is a fare trade for him to not come overseas for 2 months. he will work hard and become even better than b4. oGsMC FIGHTING!!!
your either pro or your noob, and thats life
Tuk
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom223 Posts
July 12 2011 08:09 GMT
#15
Good interviews, nice to see MC taking a interest
MBV
Profile Joined June 2011
United States83 Posts
July 12 2011 08:12 GMT
#16
Gogo skincareterran!
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 12 2011 08:15 GMT
#17
It makes me so happy that the Koreans want to go oversea for the fan reaction and atmosphere. Go SC2 fans!
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
July 12 2011 08:15 GMT
#18
Nice interviews and great to hear that MC made an effort to create a TL account to communicate with his fans. It is even better that seeing his fan club thread made him want to create one. Sucks that he is facing HuK though.
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
July 12 2011 08:19 GMT
#19
Good decision MC, give some other Koreans a chance to steal foreign riches
Bear4188
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1797 Posts
July 12 2011 08:20 GMT
#20
American fans are best fans. We may not have the best players and maybe we never will but it's great to know that our love for the game can still be recognized and that we can give back to these players by providing an exciting environment.

I wish MC good luck in his practice, protoss need their president, there seem to be so few others who are pushing the protoss metagame forward.
"I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something." - R. Feynman
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 102
Railgan 90
trigger 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51121
Shuttle 8890
BeSt 736
Horang2 519
actioN 211
Sexy 186
Larva 181
Soma 146
Last 125
ggaemo 122
[ Show more ]
Mind 96
Zeus 78
hero 68
Sea.KH 59
Killer 52
Hyun 52
Aegong 48
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 26
PianO 25
Rock 17
NaDa 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4982
qojqva2429
Dendi1363
420jenkins532
Fuzer 84
Counter-Strike
fl0m3600
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1066
Liquid`Hasu779
MindelVK0
Other Games
B2W.Neo857
Beastyqt591
Mlord463
byalli384
Livibee218
Hui .212
ArmadaUGS204
KnowMe118
QueenE76
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 38
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick795
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream62
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2771
League of Legends
• Nemesis3207
Other Games
• WagamamaTV215
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 58m
Replay Cast
7h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.