• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:02
CEST 00:02
KST 07:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9100 users

[June] SC2 General Discussion - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 25 Next All
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 22 2011 17:31 GMT
#341
On June 22 2011 19:45 kodas wrote:
Any Masters Terrans got some solid mech replays for TvZ, I can't ever seem to get the ratio of tanks/thors the way I need it and if possible show some way to harass into the midgame? thanks!


Synystyr's TvZ 0/3 is the only solid mech play I know of, no mid game harass sorry
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 22 2011 17:32 GMT
#342
When opening Mech, is 1/1/1 usually better or 1/2/0?
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
June 22 2011 17:40 GMT
#343
On June 23 2011 02:32 Blasterion wrote:
When opening Mech, is 1/1/1 usually better or 1/2/0?

It depends if you'll be relying on air for banshee harass, medivac dropping, or viking support in your overall game plan. If you want a stronger ground force, just make sure you can handle air threats and skip the starport.
Sup.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 22 2011 18:09 GMT
#344
On June 23 2011 02:40 dudeman001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 02:32 Blasterion wrote:
When opening Mech, is 1/1/1 usually better or 1/2/0?

It depends if you'll be relying on air for banshee harass, medivac dropping, or viking support in your overall game plan. If you want a stronger ground force, just make sure you can handle air threats and skip the starport.

My game plan is like Blue flame drop=> hellion/tank into some Thors + Vikings. later get ghost tech to counter infestor/HTs (Trying to make a general purpose Mech build)
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Klyberess
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden345 Posts
June 22 2011 20:35 GMT
#345
I'm looking for a clutter-free picture of the Terran logo (that is, black-and-white or otherwise 2 colours).

would be grateful if anyone knew where to find such a thing =) thx
EmpireHappy <3 STHack <3 ByunPrime
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 22 2011 20:40 GMT
#346
On June 23 2011 05:35 Klyberess wrote:
I'm looking for a clutter-free picture of the Terran logo (that is, black-and-white or otherwise 2 colours).

would be grateful if anyone knew where to find such a thing =) thx

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Terran_Dominion
[image loading]
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Klyberess
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden345 Posts
June 22 2011 23:11 GMT
#347
On June 23 2011 05:40 Blasterion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 05:35 Klyberess wrote:
I'm looking for a clutter-free picture of the Terran logo (that is, black-and-white or otherwise 2 colours).

would be grateful if anyone knew where to find such a thing =) thx

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Terran_Dominion

Thx, but I was looking for a "clean" image, without details. Also preferably the hawk logo I think.
EmpireHappy <3 STHack <3 ByunPrime
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 22 2011 23:40 GMT
#348
What's a good way to fight Marauder Tank Vikings with a Mechish build composition?
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 23 2011 00:20 GMT
#349
With knowledge!

Ask simple question/simple answer.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Attunga
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia41 Posts
June 23 2011 03:20 GMT
#350
On June 22 2011 10:38 Clbull wrote:
I got a few questions I was pondering in my head:

1) What is it that actually makes a good Starcraft II player?


I agree with your points on what to focus on.

The only thing I could add is sometimes it is good to get some advice from others that are really solid and can look at your games to give you areas where you think you are doing well but you are not.

I am in the same position as you. I had a few friends commenting on this and that but it wasn't untill I had a few training sessions with a very well spoken grandmaster did I realise that some of the things that I thought I was doing well were a big problem.

Just one example from your list - early game scouting, sure I would scout, look at their base, rough buildings etc etc. . In my mind I thought I was doing it very well. This coach pointed out that I was not looking carefully enough, I was not counting drones, looking at gas timings, building timings - and that I didn't have enough knowledge of when things should or should not be there in other races to change what I was doing. This was just one small thing in a multitude of issues.

There were also a bunch of other things I thought I was doing well that I really needed to look at and things that I either didn't know I was doing or didn't think were an issue.

So, the only thing I can say is to get someone else to analyse the way you play, whether by posting replays .. coaching .. or friends you have confidence in.

I am not getting lessons now... but still have so much info and things to work on it should keep me going for a while.

TunaSC
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada11 Posts
June 23 2011 04:28 GMT
#351
While attacking a building in production (and close to completion) how can you tell if you destroyed the building or if it was cancelled? My question applies to all races.

For example, for zerg you can see the drone when it's cancelled, but are there any other indicators?
Liquid`EliGE
Profile Joined October 2010
United States527 Posts
June 23 2011 04:38 GMT
#352
On June 23 2011 13:28 TunaSC wrote:
While attacking a building in production (and close to completion) how can you tell if you destroyed the building or if it was cancelled? My question applies to all races.

For example, for zerg you can see the drone when it's cancelled, but are there any other indicators?


Well, I know for Terran, that you can tell when something is destroyed if there is a dark black underneath the structure that is being attacked and there is continuous smoke for like 3-4 seconds or so. You can definitely be able to tell for Terran. As for Protoss, I dont think there is a way to tell
Team Liquid"I was wondering why people who that would never dream of laughing at a blind or a crippled man would laugh at a moron."
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 23 2011 04:54 GMT
#353
On June 23 2011 13:38 Erotheis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 13:28 TunaSC wrote:
While attacking a building in production (and close to completion) how can you tell if you destroyed the building or if it was cancelled? My question applies to all races.

For example, for zerg you can see the drone when it's cancelled, but are there any other indicators?


Well, I know for Terran, that you can tell when something is destroyed if there is a dark black underneath the structure that is being attacked and there is continuous smoke for like 3-4 seconds or so. You can definitely be able to tell for Terran. As for Protoss, I dont think there is a way to tell

Fir Protoss the warp in shatters and falls to the floor
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Fym
Profile Joined October 2009
United Kingdom189 Posts
June 23 2011 06:18 GMT
#354
Does armour and armour upgrades effect the dps of fungal growth and pis storm? (eg does more armour mean less Fungal growth damage?)
If you wanna be a good chef, you dont make fish n chips.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 23 2011 06:38 GMT
#355
You can tell if zerg canceled a hatch by checking to see if he's building a spine crawler in your base
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Blasteroids
Profile Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
June 23 2011 06:47 GMT
#356
[QUOTE]On June 05 2011 21:18 Serelitz wrote:
[QUOTE]On June 05 2011 21:15 Bleak wrote:
Does anyone know why Irradiate was removed? I think if Ravens still had that, they would see use. I just don't understand the decision for it. Is it because of the clumping effect being stronger in SC2?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what this ability is, but considering that Ravens don't see allot of use as a mobile detector I think it would be nice for them to have an ability that would make a difference in a a big fight.
"Are you ready for bombing?"-Bomber
Marik Grabowski
Profile Joined June 2011
United States2 Posts
June 23 2011 06:51 GMT
#357
hey, can anyone tell me how to play sc2 offline. i keep bumping into the login battle.net screen, and i don't really want to login and stuff. i just want to play sc2 like sc broad war. can anyone help me please?
http://www.estarcraft2guide.com
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
June 23 2011 07:33 GMT
#358
What are these achievements and rewards that MC and Nestea have here?

http://kr.battle.net/sc2/ko/profile/1475901/1/IMNesTea/rewards/

http://kr.battle.net/sc2/ko/profile/318694/1/oGsMC/achievements/category/4325394

Google translator says:

PC Room 10 W
Cooperative multiplayer PC room to achieve 10 wins

It seems to be Korea only achievement, but I am curious about that was the event that led to it?

I have no idea how to put it in words to find a thread, so might have one already, if you know or found a thread, plz give me a link
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 23 2011 10:00 GMT
#359
On June 23 2011 16:33 SDream wrote:
What are these achievements and rewards that MC and Nestea have here?

http://kr.battle.net/sc2/ko/profile/1475901/1/IMNesTea/rewards/

http://kr.battle.net/sc2/ko/profile/318694/1/oGsMC/achievements/category/4325394

Google translator says:

PC Room 10 W
Cooperative multiplayer PC room to achieve 10 wins

It seems to be Korea only achievement, but I am curious about that was the event that led to it?

I have no idea how to put it in words to find a thread, so might have one already, if you know or found a thread, plz give me a link

Probably one of those KR PC Bang achievements
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
iamtheoneneo
Profile Joined April 2011
144 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 12:14:14
June 23 2011 12:12 GMT
#360
On June 23 2011 15:51 Marik Grabowski wrote:
hey, can anyone tell me how to play sc2 offline. i keep bumping into the login battle.net screen, and i don't really want to login and stuff. i just want to play sc2 like sc broad war. can anyone help me please?

as long as you have a b.net account (1 time registration and login) you can simply play in offline mode : minus achievements and PvP MP.

If you dont have an account then you have pirated the game and the blizzard police wont be too happy about that.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
SpeCial 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 271
MaD[AoV]30
910 25
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 458
Counter-Strike
fl0m4229
Fnx 603
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox433
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4248
Liquid`Hasu563
Other Games
summit1g6119
FrodaN628
C9.Mang0228
JuggernautJason31
Trikslyr10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21443
Other Games
• Shiphtur814
• imaqtpie774
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 58m
Patches Events
17h 58m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.