• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8613 users

[June] SC2 General Discussion - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 25 Next All
reki-
Profile Joined July 2008
Netherlands327 Posts
June 23 2011 12:19 GMT
#361
Not exactly, i've had internet down sometime and wanting to play offline sc2 but i couldn't since it needed to be "authenticated" but i logged on every day before that..
>BD
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 23 2011 13:31 GMT
#362
You actually don't =P I play SC2 offline on my account all the time
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 23 2011 19:47 GMT
#363
You do Blasterion? Other than internet connectivity issues I can't understand why you'd want to o.O
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 23 2011 20:05 GMT
#364
On June 24 2011 04:47 Probe1 wrote:
You do Blasterion? Other than internet connectivity issues I can't understand why you'd want to o.O

Laptop on the way to work
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 23 2011 20:42 GMT
#365
Damn you love this game ^^
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 23 2011 20:49 GMT
#366
On June 24 2011 05:42 Probe1 wrote:
Damn you love this game ^^

I really really do <3
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Dog-Meat
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada3 Posts
June 23 2011 20:54 GMT
#367
I've got a question -
I'm completely new to Starcraft, I just finished watching the Dreamhack tournament and suddenly feel like playing Starcraft but I'm sort of leery about getting into the ladders because I'm pretty terrible - I'm 27 years old and I'm typically not very good at strategy games (I'm more of a game "Voyeur") but I would really like to learn to play this game well. So I guess what I'm asking - is there any hope for me, being so old to start and am I going to get slaughtered in the ladders or are there a solid group of players in the same boat as me?

Thanks in advance for any answers I'm sorry if this was discussed before but I couldn't find anything in the search.

Also Go Huk and Go Canada!
Ignorance is bliss - Knowledge is suffering
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
June 23 2011 20:59 GMT
#368
On June 24 2011 05:54 Dog-Meat wrote:
I've got a question -
I'm completely new to Starcraft, I just finished watching the Dreamhack tournament and suddenly feel like playing Starcraft but I'm sort of leery about getting into the ladders because I'm pretty terrible - I'm 27 years old and I'm typically not very good at strategy games (I'm more of a game "Voyeur") but I would really like to learn to play this game well. So I guess what I'm asking - is there any hope for me, being so old to start and am I going to get slaughtered in the ladders or are there a solid group of players in the same boat as me?

Thanks in advance for any answers I'm sorry if this was discussed before but I couldn't find anything in the search.

Also Go Huk and Go Canada!

Ladder will place you between people of your level after a couple of games. The first ±10 will probably include some experienced players who will slaughter you, but after that it gets easier
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
muffinmanSteff
Profile Joined April 2011
Wales3 Posts
June 23 2011 21:10 GMT
#369
Hey I'm a silver league protoss and wanting to switch to terran. I've tried terran but just get fustrated that I can't win. I wonder if anyone had any tips
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 21:15:20
June 23 2011 21:11 GMT
#370
Toastie is dead on. For a long time you'll get absolutely MURDERED by everyone. It's the initiation process most people go through. You'll get better in obvious ways like learning how to constantly produce scvs and you'll get better in subtle ways that you won't even realize. The best advice? Play constantly, put your name in the Practice Partner thread here for people to practice with at your level,

Recommended Threads here in the strategy section is also a really great resource to new players.

But nothing will help as much as just playing.

Good luck, half fun and welcome to (non lurking) Team liquid!

On June 24 2011 06:10 muffinmanSteff wrote:
Hey I'm a silver league protoss and wanting to switch to terran. I've tried terran but just get fustrated that I can't win. I wonder if anyone had any tips


Read the strategy forum.

People can't help if you "can't win". Watch your replays, read other peoples threads and analyze what you're doing wrong. First step is to learn.

(Post script: Please don't open bad threads in strategy)
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 21:15:08
June 23 2011 21:12 GMT
#371
double post sorry
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
muffinmanSteff
Profile Joined April 2011
Wales3 Posts
June 23 2011 21:22 GMT
#372
thank you probe1
Dog-Meat
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada3 Posts
June 23 2011 21:27 GMT
#373
Thank you both a ton - Loving the community here and I can't wait until I am able to contribute to it in some meaningful way!
Ignorance is bliss - Knowledge is suffering
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 21:37:39
June 23 2011 21:36 GMT
#374
On June 24 2011 06:27 Dog-Meat wrote:
Thank you both a ton - Loving the community here and I can't wait until I am able to contribute to it in some meaningful way!

Gaming is a passion. As long as you have a drive there is a way.

Like a old saying goes

Lim Yo Han didn't become the emperor over one night

There is also another saying

But he became the emperor eventually anyways.


Now I know you aren't BoxeR but hard work and motivation is what it really counts
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 23 2011 21:48 GMT
#375
Or Rome wasn't built in a day I love team liquid. It's just the right blend of multi cultural and focused around one passion.


On June 24 2011 06:27 Dog-Meat wrote:
Thank you both a ton - Loving the community here and I can't wait until I am able to contribute to it in some meaningful way!


Hang out, post, talk to people in blogs, laugh on the automated ban list, scream with fans and haters on live report threads, stalk Hot_Bid; Team Liquid is a city, there's a place for you too
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
cmgillett
Profile Joined March 2010
United States335 Posts
June 23 2011 21:52 GMT
#376
On June 24 2011 05:54 Dog-Meat wrote:
I've got a question -
I'm completely new to Starcraft, I just finished watching the Dreamhack tournament and suddenly feel like playing Starcraft but I'm sort of leery about getting into the ladders because I'm pretty terrible - I'm 27 years old and I'm typically not very good at strategy games (I'm more of a game "Voyeur") but I would really like to learn to play this game well. So I guess what I'm asking - is there any hope for me, being so old to start and am I going to get slaughtered in the ladders or are there a solid group of players in the same boat as me?

Thanks in advance for any answers I'm sorry if this was discussed before but I couldn't find anything in the search.

Also Go Huk and Go Canada!


Never to late to learn something new, all you have to do is apply yourself! Tune into players streams, day9 and really try and understand why they do what they do. Remember, at heart, this is an economy game first and foremost. The only way to get good at anything is to do it a ton, go for it! And good luck :D
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 23 2011 22:40 GMT
#377
for a while i was thinking about something like a Thor expand then transition into a mech oriented build. My reasoning is that Thors are excellent counter to Banshee and hellion openings and are almost on equal footing to marine tank openings. Instead of rushing thor and attacking use it as a defensive tech advantage and expand.
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 24 2011 04:25 GMT
#378
That sounds like a good idea. Of course turning feces into meat sounds like a.. well horrifying but beneficial idea. How would it stack up against each of the openings used in the last GSL final? Would 1 1 1 hellion harass with a medivac abuse the mobility of a thor too much?

You should develop it to a point where you could share it in strategy then make a [D] thread and get Terran players input
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
zantax
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada2 Posts
June 24 2011 13:07 GMT
#379
Question for you, does the "Find Match" button in SC2 every connect you to custom matches? I just played a match where a guy said he had set up a "Non-rush" practice custom match and I joined it with the "Find Match" button but all I am doing is laddering. How could this be possible?

He was really mad when I beat him that is why I am wondering, and I am not out to tick people off just play. Is there a way I can make sure I am only Laddering?

Also how long do I have to be at rank one of my division before it will bump me to the next division, currently rank 1 bronze division, and I have being consistently beating rank 10 and up Silver league people? Is it a random division bump or what?

Thanks.
DarkCount
Profile Joined December 2010
17 Posts
June 24 2011 13:48 GMT
#380
Hi i was wondering if it is posible if u can take diamond from first 5 placementh games or platinum is max ?
Atm i make only team games and im master.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
Nathanias 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 607
910 24
MaD[AoV]22
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 561
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox493
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3886
Other Games
summit1g8430
FrodaN648
C9.Mang0250
shahzam173
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21405
Other Games
• imaqtpie819
• Shiphtur792
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 12m
Patches Events
17h 12m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.