• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:57
CEST 07:57
KST 14:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8180 users

TeamLiquid Heart of the Swarm Preview - Page 42

Forum Index > SC2 General
1222 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 62 Next
Islandsnake
Profile Joined April 2009
United States679 Posts
May 31 2011 19:06 GMT
#821
Just got done watching the 1 hour video, its really good and gives a better feel for there attitude on the game imo. I recommended giving it a watch while you browse!
Bang!
Achaia
Profile Joined July 2010
United States643 Posts
May 31 2011 19:07 GMT
#822
On June 01 2011 03:48 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 03:42 zawk9 wrote:
On June 01 2011 03:36 vol_ wrote:
We're going to add some new multiplayer units, and take out some multiplayer units

Bye collosus?


If only it were true...

There is no way to make the game better than to remove that god damn unit - not even balance reasons, its just STUPID.

"Oh you had enough vikings and I got RAPED"
"Oh you didnt have enough vikings, I lost 0 units"


Bahaha I love Jinro!

Seriously though, I would be very OK with Colossus going away. For Zerg, I'm hoping and praying and hoping that they bring back the Lurker! :D
http://www.youtube.com/SCBattleGrounds
TERRANLOL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States626 Posts
May 31 2011 19:07 GMT
#823
On June 01 2011 04:05 TheAlchemist89 wrote:
I like the colossus... but to avoid the stalemate predictable battles, it would be cool to see it made a lot stronger, move a lot slower, and shoot a lot slower and be slower to construct. This way they would be peppered into a military ball as a seige unit, instead of as a backbone that you have to babysit and you either win or lose based on if the enemy has Vikings/Corrupters.

Removing the unit itself is a huge leap (and a huge mistake imo), and I can't really see that happening... nor should it. It's cliffwalking has huge strategic uses, and it can be hit by ground attacks and air attacks.... I would just like to see it turn into a true seige unit instead of requiring 8 of them to insta dominate. 1 or 2 in an army delivering static d busting abilities, or forcing the opponent to move would be very cool.


I disagree. The problem is the idea of a deathball. If colossus were more powerful, then the 200/200 lategame would be even more broken.
ma70
Profile Joined October 2010
253 Posts
May 31 2011 19:08 GMT
#824
Looks like HotS will change a lot about SC2....but change is always nice I guess. It's too bad that WoL wasn't the "end" for the multiplayer cause now I have to buy the game multiple times.
Wolfik
Profile Joined April 2011
Poland56 Posts
May 31 2011 19:08 GMT
#825
On June 01 2011 04:07 Achaia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 03:48 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On June 01 2011 03:42 zawk9 wrote:
On June 01 2011 03:36 vol_ wrote:
We're going to add some new multiplayer units, and take out some multiplayer units

Bye collosus?


If only it were true...

There is no way to make the game better than to remove that god damn unit - not even balance reasons, its just STUPID.

"Oh you had enough vikings and I got RAPED"
"Oh you didnt have enough vikings, I lost 0 units"


Bahaha I love Jinro!

Seriously though, I would be very OK with Colossus going away. For Zerg, I'm hoping and praying and hoping that they bring back the Lurker! :D


I'd like to se Lurker, but Blizzard told it is not probably.
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
May 31 2011 19:08 GMT
#826
On June 01 2011 04:02 Sentient wrote:
Great writeup, thanks TL!

But I'd like to have a stern word with Blizzard: Char is not the Zerg homeworld. Have you forgotten your own lore?!



Where did they say it was?
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Carras
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina860 Posts
May 31 2011 19:10 GMT
#827
great coverage..
i was expecting more from blizzard
Carras
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina860 Posts
May 31 2011 19:11 GMT
#828

But I'd like to have a stern word with Blizzard: Char is not the Zerg homeworld. Have you forgotten your own lore?!


homeworld refers as base for a lot of time... i think its appropiate..
maybe they werent born there.. but its their homeworld
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 31 2011 19:12 GMT
#829
On June 01 2011 04:06 TERRANLOL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 04:00 Torte de Lini wrote:
On June 01 2011 03:56 TERRANLOL wrote:
On June 01 2011 02:25 Funkatron wrote:
On June 01 2011 02:18 Hikari wrote:
Excellent write up.
Part of me still missed the SC/BW storytelling where you have a whole race champaign which have a lot of plot development =S.

The part where they want to remove units for multiplayer interest me...


I was bothered by the comment that they were thinking of removing the obs because it wasn't "cool enough"


All in all, the observer is a pretty dumb unit design. I didn't play much BW so I'm not sure if it was legit in that environment, but right now the idea that the protoss player builds a unit which literally just stares at your army and base to scout your composition sounds kind of stupid.
Hallucination/Reaper/Overlord are good scout unit ideas. Observer is not.


I thought it was removing the overseer that they hated. Did I read it wrong?


No you're right. I went back and looked at the original post and noticed that the person I quoted was just mistaken.
However, I still think the observer is a dumb unit. Lol.


I think the corruptor is dumb.

Such a boring unit.

HAHA CHECK OUT MY CORRUPTION IT DOES SOMETHING STRAIGHTFORWARD AND BORING.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
sAfuRos
Profile Joined March 2009
United States743 Posts
May 31 2011 19:16 GMT
#830
No offense Jinro, but i think you're just unhappy in lieu of your poor performance lately

Actually removing units will be stupid as fuck. I'm not going to play a game that is completely revamped because derp a lerp

If you remove the colossus Protoss either changes completely or you find some way to replace the colossus singularly, which essentially is impossible unless its colossus 2.0
sAfuRos // twitch.tv/sAfuRos // contact for coaching
Wolfik
Profile Joined April 2011
Poland56 Posts
May 31 2011 19:17 GMT
#831
On June 01 2011 04:12 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 04:06 TERRANLOL wrote:
On June 01 2011 04:00 Torte de Lini wrote:
On June 01 2011 03:56 TERRANLOL wrote:
On June 01 2011 02:25 Funkatron wrote:
On June 01 2011 02:18 Hikari wrote:
Excellent write up.
Part of me still missed the SC/BW storytelling where you have a whole race champaign which have a lot of plot development =S.

The part where they want to remove units for multiplayer interest me...


I was bothered by the comment that they were thinking of removing the obs because it wasn't "cool enough"


All in all, the observer is a pretty dumb unit design. I didn't play much BW so I'm not sure if it was legit in that environment, but right now the idea that the protoss player builds a unit which literally just stares at your army and base to scout your composition sounds kind of stupid.
Hallucination/Reaper/Overlord are good scout unit ideas. Observer is not.


I thought it was removing the overseer that they hated. Did I read it wrong?


No you're right. I went back and looked at the original post and noticed that the person I quoted was just mistaken.
However, I still think the observer is a dumb unit. Lol.


I think the corruptor is dumb.

Such a boring unit.

HAHA CHECK OUT MY CORRUPTION IT DOES SOMETHING STRAIGHTFORWARD AND BORING.


so true. corruptors are used only to counter vikings, collosus, sometimes void rays and phoenixes.
corruption is never used. I've never seen this spell on tournaments for sure.
TetriX101
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada51 Posts
May 31 2011 19:17 GMT
#832
Awesome ty TL! Such good content for a preview :3 im so excited for this now!
Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Postey
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada4 Posts
May 31 2011 19:20 GMT
#833
This looks amazing. Way too excited for this.
Great writeup
"Spawn more overlords"
AxelTVx
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada916 Posts
May 31 2011 19:22 GMT
#834
What I seriously want to know is if there will be a shared replay function
Axel 145 Masters Protoss
BlackTactiks
Profile Joined May 2011
United States52 Posts
May 31 2011 19:22 GMT
#835
Looking Good Cant Wait To See This Hots Drop
Working Towards Greatness :)
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
May 31 2011 19:23 GMT
#836
On June 01 2011 04:06 Islandsnake wrote:
Just got done watching the 1 hour video, its really good and gives a better feel for there attitude on the game imo. I recommended giving it a watch while you browse!

Where is this 1h video? Asking, because I don't see anything in the OP.
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
May 31 2011 19:26 GMT
#837
On June 01 2011 04:07 Achaia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 03:48 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On June 01 2011 03:42 zawk9 wrote:
On June 01 2011 03:36 vol_ wrote:
We're going to add some new multiplayer units, and take out some multiplayer units

Bye collosus?


If only it were true...

There is no way to make the game better than to remove that god damn unit - not even balance reasons, its just STUPID.

"Oh you had enough vikings and I got RAPED"
"Oh you didnt have enough vikings, I lost 0 units"


Bahaha I love Jinro!

Seriously though, I would be very OK with Colossus going away. For Zerg, I'm hoping and praying and hoping that they bring back the Lurker! :D

i haven,t played sc1.

i have googled and seen the lurker.

Now can you or anyone tell me why Lurker is so popular amongst sc players? in every thread about what units should be in the game there is always someone saying Lurker.
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-31 19:28:28
May 31 2011 19:27 GMT
#838
On June 01 2011 04:07 Achaia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 03:48 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On June 01 2011 03:42 zawk9 wrote:
On June 01 2011 03:36 vol_ wrote:
We're going to add some new multiplayer units, and take out some multiplayer units

Bye collosus?


If only it were true...

There is no way to make the game better than to remove that god damn unit - not even balance reasons, its just STUPID.

"Oh you had enough vikings and I got RAPED"
"Oh you didnt have enough vikings, I lost 0 units"


Bahaha I love Jinro!

Seriously though, I would be very OK with Colossus going away. For Zerg, I'm hoping and praying and hoping that they bring back the Lurker! :D


Removing the Colossus would make the game so much better.

Seriously
1: Remove units such as Collosi, Corrupter, Thor
2: Add units as Reaver, Lurker, Goliath
3: ?!?!?! Profit ?!?!?!

The Colossus is just dumb
Corrupters are darn boring, and only useful for morphing Broodlords
The Thor is a really awesome unit, but its scales kinda weird, I still feel that they Goliath is a better unit =/.

Would love to see the vulture come back too xd. Call me nostalgic i don't care.
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
SpecFire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1681 Posts
May 31 2011 19:27 GMT
#839
On June 01 2011 04:23 pred470r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 04:06 Islandsnake wrote:
Just got done watching the 1 hour video, its really good and gives a better feel for there attitude on the game imo. I recommended giving it a watch while you browse!

Where is this 1h video? Asking, because I don't see anything in the OP.


AGREED? WHERE IS THE 1 HOUR VIDEO?
•|SlayerS_MMA| • Ryung • Fin • Puzzle •
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
May 31 2011 19:30 GMT
#840
On June 01 2011 04:27 SpecFire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 04:23 pred470r wrote:
On June 01 2011 04:06 Islandsnake wrote:
Just got done watching the 1 hour video, its really good and gives a better feel for there attitude on the game imo. I recommended giving it a watch while you browse!

Where is this 1h video? Asking, because I don't see anything in the OP.


AGREED? WHERE IS THE 1 HOUR VIDEO?


www.sclegacy.com
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 62 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft747
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 595
Stork 252
ggaemo 221
Leta 155
PianO 55
Hyuk 30
Bale 18
yabsab 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
League of Legends
JimRising 676
Reynor59
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King223
Westballz37
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor661
Other Games
summit1g8781
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0312
PiGStarcraft195
Sick155
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2252
League of Legends
• Lourlo1328
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 3m
Online Event
5h 3m
FEL
10h 3m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.