• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8190 users

StarCraft Rap - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
taLbuk
Profile Joined April 2010
Madagascar1879 Posts
May 17 2011 17:49 GMT
#61
after reading the first few comments i expected some bad troll thing, but it wasn't that bad, don't know why people even post troll comments instead of actual criticism

i don't even really like the style of rap but i though the lyrics were pretty good its just the sound quality that was low
Bacon-X
Profile Joined December 2010
United States266 Posts
May 17 2011 17:49 GMT
#62
On May 18 2011 02:44 decaf wrote:
Is this shit for real?
It's an insult to anyone who's into real rap. Rap's about expressing feelings and digesting the life you've had. You rap about a video game which is of no importance and toss a few cuss words in it. I might as well turn on the radio, which equals really bad.



okay bro, look. I'm a rapper and I'm most definitely into real rap as well.
I've written real raps before. I've freestyled about my life and whats going on in the moment many times in the past. I can rap real.

These are starcraft raps.
Purely for fun.
Don't be hatin.
Brood War player since 2003 ---> StarCraft II
Leeto
Profile Joined August 2007
United States1320 Posts
May 17 2011 17:51 GMT
#63
I think it's pretty cool. Keep it up lol
RoachyRoach
Profile Joined February 2011
81 Posts
May 17 2011 18:00 GMT
#64
On May 18 2011 02:42 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2011 02:37 RoachyRoach wrote:
Rap kinda sucks...

It would seem hard to make something sound sick with just saying stuff at your desk looking into a camera. The only time these types of songs are good is with good production value, where its entertaining to see how much work got put into it.

But rap sucks...and nobody in the world would be able to put together a rap about starcraft with no production value and have it be "sick"

Because rap by itself isnt "sick"....its actually pretty retarded.

Just because you don't like a music genre doesn't mean it is objectively terrible...
[image loading]


Tell me that sucks.


Dont get me wrong, I love all the greats. Dead prez, Nas, Biggie, Immortal Technique etc.
I like certain raps, but only the ones that are actually clever and actualy mean something. I just dont like the swell of posers that came after rap was good. Where rap stopped being about a messege and started to be about whos harder and has more money and bitches.

I should have rephrased. Todays rap is retarded.

But if someone aspires to rhyme words to try to act all hard as fuck...then to each his own.
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
May 17 2011 18:03 GMT
#65
Well my opinion is that you can be less agressive and gansta and throw in more lines about sc2 and you will do a better job even tho i liked it! But it's like some dudes say i simply don't have patience for gansta rapping where all you hear is ho, bitch, suck, slut, nigga this, nigga that, pop you, pop it, pop that, being popped, pop you momma, don't pop me, money and pigs

you kinda look like pharrell so you might have some future in there.. hehe

keep trying
BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
May 17 2011 18:05 GMT
#66
No offense, but sounds absolutely horrible in my opinion. I listen to alot of rap, and the flow/clever lyrics just isn't there imo.
God is dead.
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-17 18:09:59
May 17 2011 18:08 GMT
#67
On May 18 2011 02:37 RoachyRoach wrote:
Rap kinda sucks...

It would seem hard to make something sound sick with just saying stuff at your desk looking into a camera. The only time these types of songs are good is with good production value, where its entertaining to see how much work got put into it.

But rap sucks...and nobody in the world would be able to put together a rap about starcraft with no production value and have it be "sick"

Because rap by itself isnt "sick"....its actually pretty retarded.



I can't tell if you're trolling or if you got dropped on your head as a child.

Of course the rap in the radio is terrible, but hip-hop is still great. The roots, mf doom, tribe called quest, binary star, GZA...
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
pStar
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
996 Posts
May 17 2011 18:14 GMT
#68
On May 18 2011 02:37 RoachyRoach wrote:
Rap kinda sucks...

It would seem hard to make something sound sick with just saying stuff at your desk looking into a camera. The only time these types of songs are good is with good production value, where its entertaining to see how much work got put into it.

But rap sucks...and nobody in the world would be able to put together a rap about starcraft with no production value and have it be "sick"

Because rap by itself isnt "sick"....its actually pretty retarded.


You made me rage so hard, who are you to comment on a type of music or say it sucks. Rap has more meaning and better lyrics than half of the shit you listen to.

Dont make stupid comments like this please.
Bacon-X
Profile Joined December 2010
United States266 Posts
May 17 2011 18:16 GMT
#69
On May 18 2011 03:00 RoachyRoach wrote:

Dont get me wrong, I love all the greats. Dead prez, Nas, Biggie, Immortal Technique etc.
I like certain raps, but only the ones that are actually clever and actualy mean something. I just dont like the swell of posers that came after rap was good. Where rap stopped being about a messege and started to be about whos harder and has more money and bitches.

I should have rephrased. Todays rap is retarded.

But if someone aspires to rhyme words to try to act all hard as fuck...then to each his own.


You obviously haven't watched the second one. haha. That one does not go for the "hard" image thing. And its funny how you think thats all I do. U think thats me, a fake "hard" G or whatever lol thats funny. u dont actually know me so thats okay to make that assumption.

Yeah most raps I write actually have meaning behind them. Raps that talk about the right mentality. I spit some spiritual shit too in some of my raps.
But these are starcraft raps. I make them for fun.

Just chill out bro. Have fun with it. Raps tight btw idk what ur talkin about lol.
Brood War player since 2003 ---> StarCraft II
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
May 17 2011 18:21 GMT
#70
Yeah boi, mad tight. Specially when you tell people to "eat my turd", so tight.

The only rap right now that's kept any shadow of the good ol' days of rap is in the underground. Turn on the radio if you want to hear mindless drivel.
Hey! How you doin'?
Bacon-X
Profile Joined December 2010
United States266 Posts
May 17 2011 18:27 GMT
#71
On May 18 2011 03:21 Zdrastochye wrote:
Yeah boi, mad tight. Specially when you tell people to "eat my turd", so tight.

The only rap right now that's kept any shadow of the good ol' days of rap is in the underground. Turn on the radio if you want to hear mindless drivel.


Wanna know whats so great about rap? It's the only genre where you can just freestyle and literally write whatever the hell you want to write. It's so expressive. With other music it's more like you're writing lyrics. But with rap you can just feel free to write whatever you want. So I like to write raps about StarCraft. Haha. There isn't anything wrong with that.

So this is just me expressin my passion for starcraft. Don't hate, Appreciate!
Brood War player since 2003 ---> StarCraft II
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
May 17 2011 18:33 GMT
#72


tell me how this is bad
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
May 17 2011 18:34 GMT
#73
I don't know that I can take you seriously as a rapper until you put some more haha's and lol's in your posts.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Bacon-X
Profile Joined December 2010
United States266 Posts
May 17 2011 18:48 GMT
#74
On May 18 2011 03:34 zarepath wrote:
I don't know that I can take you seriously as a rapper until you put some more haha's and lol's in your posts.


Okay then. Fine. I'll show you guys my actual rapping skills. I'll go make a freestyle video right now and post it. I've been rapping for a while. And if u ask anyone who knows me, they will tell you that I rap all the time!! all the time!! I rap in school as I'm walking to class. I rap with other rappers when we cypher. I even rapped while getting a haircut one time. I asked the lady that was gonna cut my hair if I could rap as she gave me a haircut and I did it. haha.

I do this for the lulz baby!

But yeah I can rap good. Watch the video It will be posted really soon. Definitely today.
Brood War player since 2003 ---> StarCraft II
raf3776
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1904 Posts
May 17 2011 18:51 GMT
#75
Put some production into the songs. Take away the video. Record your voice, put it over a beat, then come back and post the songs.
WWJD (What Would Jaedong Do)
Bacon-X
Profile Joined December 2010
United States266 Posts
May 17 2011 18:53 GMT
#76
On May 18 2011 03:51 raf3776 wrote:
Put some production into the songs. Take away the video. Record your voice, put it over a beat, then come back and post the songs.


Oh man. Would I love to do that. No tools man. It's expensive.
Some friends said they'd get me in the studio. Hasn't happened yet though.
So for now this is the quality of production I have.
I'm greatful for at least being able to post it on youtube and at least you can hear and understand the lyrics. As far as listening quality I understand it. But at least you can appreciate the rap itself.

I really appreciate comments like this.
Brood War player since 2003 ---> StarCraft II
Gracksaurusrex
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom171 Posts
May 17 2011 18:56 GMT
#77
I quite like the Protoss one, not too bad
pStar
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
996 Posts
May 17 2011 18:57 GMT
#78
Looking forward to this new freestyle :D
raf3776
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1904 Posts
May 17 2011 19:01 GMT
#79
On May 18 2011 03:53 Bacon-X wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2011 03:51 raf3776 wrote:
Put some production into the songs. Take away the video. Record your voice, put it over a beat, then come back and post the songs.


Oh man. Would I love to do that. No tools man. It's expensive.
Some friends said they'd get me in the studio. Hasn't happened yet though.
So for now this is the quality of production I have.
I'm greatful for at least being able to post it on youtube and at least you can hear and understand the lyrics. As far as listening quality I understand it. But at least you can appreciate the rap itself.

I really appreciate comments like this.

You dont need anything expensive. There are free programs. you can also just convert your video to mp3 n just the lyrics than use a program like audactiy or cool edit and put the music in the back. most starcraft fans wanna hear a song not just lyrics.
WWJD (What Would Jaedong Do)
Bacon-X
Profile Joined December 2010
United States266 Posts
May 17 2011 19:04 GMT
#80
On May 18 2011 04:01 raf3776 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2011 03:53 Bacon-X wrote:
On May 18 2011 03:51 raf3776 wrote:
Put some production into the songs. Take away the video. Record your voice, put it over a beat, then come back and post the songs.


Oh man. Would I love to do that. No tools man. It's expensive.
Some friends said they'd get me in the studio. Hasn't happened yet though.
So for now this is the quality of production I have.
I'm greatful for at least being able to post it on youtube and at least you can hear and understand the lyrics. As far as listening quality I understand it. But at least you can appreciate the rap itself.

I really appreciate comments like this.

You dont need anything expensive. There are free programs. you can also just convert your video to mp3 n just the lyrics than use a program like audactiy or cool edit and put the music in the back. most starcraft fans wanna hear a song not just lyrics.



I have and use Fruity Loops Studio, I can make mp3's no problem. I just need a good mic really...
I'll do my best to come up with the money to get this new mic.
Brood War player since 2003 ---> StarCraft II
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub88
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub88
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 117
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4837
Liquid`Hasu584
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade344
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.