• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:23
CEST 06:23
KST 13:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10401 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 74 Next
omnikaush
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States49 Posts
April 26 2011 22:19 GMT
#141
I really like these changes and I would prefer to see them implemented in an observer mode.
HongUn Prime is awesome. Don't listen to Artosis. HUP is a sick nerd baller. Results speak for themselves!
Apolo
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal1259 Posts
April 26 2011 22:20 GMT
#142
Yup. Someone should put the OP on the several servers bnet forums.
lolsixtynine
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States600 Posts
April 26 2011 22:21 GMT
#143
I think this is awesome, especially for unit pictures. Most battles even in streams are hard to follow precisely in mirror matchups.
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
April 26 2011 22:24 GMT
#144
On April 27 2011 07:19 omnikaush wrote:
I really like these changes and I would prefer to see them implemented in an observer mode.

This.

I think observermode or replay watching should have some sort of toggle to heighten the colors like this
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Alexl
Profile Joined January 2011
288 Posts
April 26 2011 22:31 GMT
#145
I think they should consider making it like quake where you can choose what color your opponent will always appear (and yours too).
Frobert
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada113 Posts
April 26 2011 22:33 GMT
#146
Amazing work! How soon will we be able to try this out in our own games?
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
April 26 2011 22:38 GMT
#147
On April 27 2011 07:31 Alexl wrote:
I think they should consider making it like quake where you can choose what color your opponent will always appear (and yours too).
This, for colorblind people.

And what the OP has done should definitely be an in-game option. Great work!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 26 2011 22:41 GMT
#148
Thanks for all the feedback.

Soo......

The video I posted was perhaps not the best but I just wanted to give you guys a quick look at the textures in movement since there was some excitement. I feel like the Zerg part really shows off the textures best, with a very ideal situation. The only thing better would have been if there were also banelings involved. Anyways, then the comparison to the protoss one might make you think the protoss textures aren't as good. The protoss textures are in my opinion the best ones, its just not shown very well for different reasons. The map is darker, the big fight is blob vs blob with lazers and collossi covering it all, and one of the colors is that weak pink one(the worst color lol, the other pink is way better). But really i think the video did its job. Believe me, PvP micro battles are clear, but of course even the brightest of colors wont fix deathball fighting.

Anyways I figured I'd give an explanation to some of my choices:

Zerglings are small and they can be confusing. Not only in mirror matchups, but also when you are facing them, it can be hard to tell them apart when they are swarming or blending in with creep. Thats why i made them the way they are, with lots of team color. For clarity's sake. Initially it had even more, but i took chunks that i felt were unnecessary out. I think I got a good balance going and I'm really happy with the way they look when facing them.

Banelings.. Originally i had them green and the rest was team color. But even so it felt like the green took all the attention, and what i got from Zerg players was that it was important that the banelings would immediately pop to your eyes so you could distinguish them, giving how unforgiving they can be in zvz, so i decided to make them shine their team color. Thats why I decided on not leaving them green, I think clarity demands it.

Marauder.. I was happy with the way it looked till you guys gave me feedback that it might be harder to distinguish from the marine. I agree, and I'm thinking about changing at least some parts like the head back to black. However i feel like both marines and marauders are just black and team color and idk. Maybe I'll figure out another solution, but yeah, we'll see.

Zealots, I gave them more team color in the chest region because i felt they needed more....simple explanation. Zealot vs Zealot battles, even when not watching but playing, can be a bit confusing sometimes. Plus to all my homies playing on low, meaning you cant see the zealot blades teamcolor , this ones for you, because i know zealots vs zealots on low can be very confusing.

Probes... they have a stripe on their heads with team color. Makes them way easier to identify in pvp. I realize it might not happen often, but ive had it happen where an enemy probe was just sitting next to where my probes were mining. I thought it was one probes being idle. Won't happen again.

I'm changing the liquid in the spawning pool back to green, and also the dots on the queen back to green.

To those asking that I also change the color of projectiles to teamcolor, I would if i could . I just don't know how yet. If i ever figure it out, then I will, along with teamcolored forcefields, warp-in, storms, and scans.

Still plan on adding more team color to banshees and roaches.

Besides all the things i dont know how to do, it looks like I'm almost done and will let you guys test run it for me.

For those asking about blizzard banning me or anyone who uses it. Well I've been playing with modifications since beta. Lots of modifications. And not just textures but sounds and stuff too. Looks like blizzard is just concerned with banning people who are cheating/hacking so far. I cannot however guarantee you that blizzard won't ban you or me for using this.
Kill the Deathball
Trogdor
Profile Joined August 2009
United States158 Posts
April 26 2011 22:43 GMT
#149
I agree
I may not have the collectors edition, but my copy of sc2 is signed by Jaedong :D UPDATE: also by MC
BeastofManju
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States79 Posts
April 26 2011 22:46 GMT
#150
Did you post this on the battle.net E-sports home page? This seems like an awsome idea that I'm sure blizz could appreciate.
The raven nevermore.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 22:51:16
April 26 2011 22:51 GMT
#151
This would be cool for tournaments or something but general play i prefer the more tasteful color scheme. This is a great idea for casted matches though. Perhaps some sort of toggle?
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Clonze
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada281 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 23:08:18
April 26 2011 22:55 GMT
#152
you might not think much of this but... playing against blue/red/yellow banelings is more difficult then playing against only green banelings.

Good idea, however i think this takes away from some of the detail on the units and makes it look more like red unit vs blue unit...

in real sports players don't paint their bodies ect.. they only have a jersey of their team. but maybe you should throw up a poll for only people that only observe games... and ask them what they'd rather have. (this could become standard for casting games)
Putting zenio on your fantasy team is almost as bad as putting him on your actual team. -Alex Smith
OhNoItsTheMunch
Profile Joined June 2009
United States96 Posts
April 26 2011 22:56 GMT
#153
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 27 2011 07:41 pzea469 wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback.

Soo......

The video I posted was perhaps not the best but I just wanted to give you guys a quick look at the textures in movement since there was some excitement. I feel like the Zerg part really shows off the textures best, with a very ideal situation. The only thing better would have been if there were also banelings involved. Anyways, then the comparison to the protoss one might make you think the protoss textures aren't as good. The protoss textures are in my opinion the best ones, its just not shown very well for different reasons. The map is darker, the big fight is blob vs blob with lazers and collossi covering it all, and one of the colors is that weak pink one(the worst color lol, the other pink is way better). But really i think the video did its job. Believe me, PvP micro battles are clear, but of course even the brightest of colors wont fix deathball fighting.

Anyways I figured I'd give an explanation to some of my choices:

Zerglings are small and they can be confusing. Not only in mirror matchups, but also when you are facing them, it can be hard to tell them apart when they are swarming or blending in with creep. Thats why i made them the way they are, with lots of team color. For clarity's sake. Initially it had even more, but i took chunks that i felt were unnecessary out. I think I got a good balance going and I'm really happy with the way they look when facing them.

Banelings.. Originally i had them green and the rest was team color. But even so it felt like the green took all the attention, and what i got from Zerg players was that it was important that the banelings would immediately pop to your eyes so you could distinguish them, giving how unforgiving they can be in zvz, so i decided to make them shine their team color. Thats why I decided on not leaving them green, I think clarity demands it.

Marauder.. I was happy with the way it looked till you guys gave me feedback that it might be harder to distinguish from the marine. I agree, and I'm thinking about changing at least some parts like the head back to black. However i feel like both marines and marauders are just black and team color and idk. Maybe I'll figure out another solution, but yeah, we'll see.

Zealots, I gave them more team color in the chest region because i felt they needed more....simple explanation. Zealot vs Zealot battles, even when not watching but playing, can be a bit confusing sometimes. Plus to all my homies playing on low, meaning you cant see the zealot blades teamcolor , this ones for you, because i know zealots vs zealots on low can be very confusing.

Probes... they have a stripe on their heads with team color. Makes them way easier to identify in pvp. I realize it might not happen often, but ive had it happen where an enemy probe was just sitting next to where my probes were mining. I thought it was one probes being idle. Won't happen again.

I'm changing the liquid in the spawning pool back to green, and also the dots on the queen back to green.

To those asking that I also change the color of projectiles to teamcolor, I would if i could . I just don't know how yet. If i ever figure it out, then I will, along with teamcolored forcefields, warp-in, storms, and scans.

Still plan on adding more team color to banshees and roaches.

Besides all the things i dont know how to do, it looks like I'm almost done and will let you guys test run it for me.

For those asking about blizzard banning me or anyone who uses it. Well I've been playing with modifications since beta. Lots of modifications. And not just textures but sounds and stuff too. Looks like blizzard is just concerned with banning people who are cheating/hacking so far. I cannot however guarantee you that blizzard won't ban you or me for using this.



Awesome explanations! Now where do we get it? Will you be releasing a large pack with instructions once you get everything working the way you want it to?
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 00:49:27
April 27 2011 00:46 GMT
#154
i don't like the shimmer of certain units, but they look 100x better than the current colour scheme
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
Zeiryuu
Profile Joined March 2010
Philippines231 Posts
April 27 2011 00:49 GMT
#155
This is actually great.
The pink cybernetics core looks like a makeup kit. hehe
dan_dark
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Peru127 Posts
April 27 2011 00:52 GMT
#156
love the idea, blizz should take this into consideration
BW will never die
GiantEnemyCrab
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada503 Posts
April 27 2011 00:57 GMT
#157
this is legit, i m in for this units are much easier to spot in mirror match ups
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
please
Profile Joined March 2011
Benin60 Posts
April 27 2011 01:00 GMT
#158
I like it, but i think it should be an option in the video settings, something like -

"extra color saturation" and a slider to change it.

then people who stream can turn it up a little and others can play in the same old colors if they elect to.

awesome video. gj.
지지
perestain
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany308 Posts
April 27 2011 01:04 GMT
#159
OMG!

Having this would be fantastic.

I always get lost in pvp battles when armies get split up a lot, even while playing. So many times I thought o shi.. and then i noticed I could control most of the remaining forces.

Also I might actually watch zvz again with this...



No matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in.
ThunderGod
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
New Zealand897 Posts
April 27 2011 01:12 GMT
#160
Defnintely like this.
"Certain forms of popular music nowadays, namely rap and hip hop styles, are just irritating gangsters bragging about their illegal exploits and short-sighted lifestyles." - Shiverfish ~2009
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft322
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft603
PiGStarcraft322
RuFF_SC2 214
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 139
Leta 76
Hyuk 43
Horang2 39
Bale 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm198
League of Legends
JimRising 626
Counter-Strike
taco 390
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox714
C9.Mang0275
Westballz37
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor636
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 805
Sick114
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS42
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick757
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt307
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 37m
Online Event
6h 37m
FEL
11h 37m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 37m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.