• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:17
CEST 23:17
KST 06:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8056 users

[Q&A] Official NASL Thread - Page 47

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 100 Next
Before you post, read the title of this thread slowly and out loud.
paksam
Profile Joined November 2010
143 Posts
February 24 2011 18:22 GMT
#921
On February 25 2011 03:20 iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 03:13 paksam wrote:
So you admit that his hatred for you what spawned the ban? That is my biggest problem with your explanation. I feel like instead of making excuses you should just man-up and accept that you made a mistake.

You have now convinced me that my thoughts were correct, how you got an awesome opportunity to start this NASL is beyond my comprehension.

And yes you can call me a "hater" but I dont hate you (I will still watch ur games, because I like watching sc2 and you're a great player). I'm just confused by you questionable actions followed by this questionable response.

I feel like there are many who will just side with you because of the fact you are a pro, but tell me what does it mean to be a professional sc2 gamer to you?

I really want to stress that I am not attempting to troll you, I am concerned for the sake of image of NASL and the success of it in NA.

Again I apologize if any of my concerns are incoherent, as I realize that English is not something I am good at.


If I haven't made it clear yet let me make it really clear now: I was wrong. On multiple accounts. They were terrible decisions and poor behavior. As someone that now has more public attention these mistakes are amplified and made worse. I recognize that and will seek to improve every little detail of my life so I can be a better representative for everyone involved.


Thank you Incontrol for clearing that up, sorry for the rants and good luck with the NASL! I truthfully hope it gets bigger than the GSL.
vdek
Profile Joined May 2010
United States267 Posts
February 24 2011 18:22 GMT
#922
On February 25 2011 03:21 MasterJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 02:53 iNcontroL wrote:
I am too much of an idiot to figure out the GOM website to get the free stream running so I asked my chat if someone had a link to a restream because I really wanted to see Jinro play.


So if I'm too stupid to figure out NASL streams, it's OK if I break the rules?

Nice, got it. :highfive:

Seriously though, I know you're not running the technical aspects of NASL... but tons of what I expect less competent people than you have figured out how to click the "Go Live" button and install the Gom player. These sort of comments make me wary of spending $20 on NASL streams. I fear they might get congested.



Justin.TV is handling the streaming AFAIK.
DazZle.
Profile Joined February 2011
United States56 Posts
February 24 2011 18:24 GMT
#923
Just out of curiosity, why don't you have a GSL subscription Geoff?
aristarchus
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
February 24 2011 18:25 GMT
#924
Can we all call this over now? It's obviously bad. Someone selling intellectual property themselves should not be pirating it from others. Personal objects are bad reasons to ban people. Everyone is agreed. There has been a lot of debate and complaining and I think it's clear to everyone that it's very bad for business if he does this again. The deterrent effect has clearly been achieved and there has been a very clear apology and some punishment from TL. I'm not sure what else could possibly be gained by more criticism, and I for one still have actual questions about NASL that I'd like answered.
tsularesque
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada226 Posts
February 24 2011 18:25 GMT
#925
iNcontroL: actual question for NASL


Will teams need to have any particular level of notoriety to be selected? how do you determine which teams are allowed to submit players?
MasterJack
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada215 Posts
February 24 2011 18:27 GMT
#926
On February 25 2011 03:22 vdek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 03:21 MasterJack wrote:
On February 25 2011 02:53 iNcontroL wrote:
I am too much of an idiot to figure out the GOM website to get the free stream running so I asked my chat if someone had a link to a restream because I really wanted to see Jinro play.


So if I'm too stupid to figure out NASL streams, it's OK if I break the rules?

Nice, got it. :highfive:

Seriously though, I know you're not running the technical aspects of NASL... but tons of what I expect less competent people than you have figured out how to click the "Go Live" button and install the Gom player. These sort of comments make me wary of spending $20 on NASL streams. I fear they might get congested.



Justin.TV is handling the streaming AFAIK.

I've heard that JTV streams are congested in the EU. Hopefully NASL will make sure JTV clears out those blockages ahead of time.


Ok I'm done with horrible puns. :o
vdek
Profile Joined May 2010
United States267 Posts
February 24 2011 18:28 GMT
#927
On February 25 2011 03:27 MasterJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 03:22 vdek wrote:
On February 25 2011 03:21 MasterJack wrote:
On February 25 2011 02:53 iNcontroL wrote:
I am too much of an idiot to figure out the GOM website to get the free stream running so I asked my chat if someone had a link to a restream because I really wanted to see Jinro play.


So if I'm too stupid to figure out NASL streams, it's OK if I break the rules?

Nice, got it. :highfive:

Seriously though, I know you're not running the technical aspects of NASL... but tons of what I expect less competent people than you have figured out how to click the "Go Live" button and install the Gom player. These sort of comments make me wary of spending $20 on NASL streams. I fear they might get congested.



Justin.TV is handling the streaming AFAIK.

I've heard that JTV streams are congested in the EU. Hopefully NASL will make sure JTV clears out those blockages ahead of time.


Ok I'm done with horrible puns. :o


AFAIK Justin.TV has been actively working to fix their issues in Europe. They are fully aware of it.
CptGrackSparrow
Profile Joined February 2011
United States278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 18:30:46
February 24 2011 18:29 GMT
#928
I agree w/ both the mob and incontrol.

Incontrol is right that there's a group of people who genuinely dislike him and are out to see him and to a lesser extent NASL fail. This is most likely due to his various jokes and impersonations that nerds take way too seriously. I also clump into this group the cry babies about the showmatch quality and people upset with the NASL games not being streamed live to the viewers. If you've never once made a joke in bad taste or at someone elses expense good for you, but i doubt anyone here has been so virtuous and people should back off Incontrol about that sorta stuff.

On the other hand the mob is somewhat right. You (Incontrol) had to have some idea that a restream wasn't exactly on the up and up. Although it might not break TL or JustinTV rules you still knew it was against the rules/laws somehow someway. I'm sure banning Huko or whatever troll you banned was partially because of his restream, but you gotta be realistic and own up that a lot of it had to do with them hating on you.

TLDR: Haters gonna hate on Incontrol. Incontrol doesn't like haters hating and bans a single hater. Haters hate some more on Incontrol. Both parties wrong. Grow up. Get over it. Looking forward to seeing how the NASL turns out.


EDIT: Just read incontrol owning up saying he was wrong. I only have a problem with various haters hating now.
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 18:32:09
February 24 2011 18:29 GMT
#929
I have a question for NASL;

It has been said that it is going to be 20 dollars for access to VODS and high quality streaming, so I was wondering, since this is going to be a series of three events (thus far), is that going to be 20 dollars per series, like GOM? Or is it going to be 20 dollars for these three events?

Is it possible that you may consider putting a 10/15 dollar package up for VODS only? Or do you only have plans for the 20 dollar package?

Also, will there be horse references on the livestream?
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 18:32:07
February 24 2011 18:30 GMT
#930
On February 25 2011 03:22 Treemonkeys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 03:13 iNcontroL wrote:
On February 25 2011 03:08 Treemonkeys wrote:
On February 25 2011 02:53 iNcontroL wrote:
Please stop acting like this is some vendetta from me or some heinous like sneaky attack I did. He was breaking copyright laws AGAIN and was banned for it by his own stream provider. I am a newbie streamer and the moment I was told I was doing something wrong I stopped and apologized. Huge difference.


You are kind of the one acting like there is a vendetta against you with the leading a smear campaign and one hour mob conversation comments. Pretty hard to believe you didn't know re-streams were illegal too. Especially when you already knew he was doing it again, so there was a first time you knew about...but you didn't know it was wrong for you to do it.


What? There IS a vendetta against me... I don't have to be paranoid to look at the fanaticism for people's hate and see that. My message has always been lets unite and do this right but some people take my non call-center personality to be some kind of huge road block to eSports growth which is hilarious because in attempting to lynch me they are doing more damage to said growth than 1 sarcastic remark from me could ever do.

Believe what you want man. I can only tell you my perspective. If after everything I say you want to accuse me of lying I cannot very well prove anything else to you


No dude it's not a vendetta it's called being critical of someone who is going out of their way to represent something big. Yeah some people are going out of line with the criticism but there are still valid reasons to be critical of you which you even admitted to but instead of accepting the repercussions of your own mistakes you are accusing others of being hateful. Hoping that a quickly apology followed by a quick shift towards excusing yourself will do something for you or brush this under the rug so it will be forgotten.

You know what? I appreciate your "non call center personality", good way to put it, I hate political correctness and all that. Only you dish it out but you can't take it when it's directed at you. There is no vedetta, there is no hate, there are valid criticisms and some people are using a "non call center personality" to express those criticisms.

Then you make it worse by trying to make your own reputation and the entire growth of esports the same thing, trying to imply that anyone being critical of you is against esports. Grow up man, enough with the logical fallacies and excuses.


It really isn't your place to speak for everyone that has been "critical" of me OR to speak to my perspective on where/how much I have been receiving it.

Take a step back and read the reddit forum. Read the 2 closed threads on TL and check out nearly all of "ImHuko"'s posts. These things will continue I understand that. Being in the public eye means getting lots and lots of hate. That said I don't really understand people making arguments that this is more me being "unable to take it." I think that is a cop-out and an excuse to make the fault with me again. I am trying to improve. But what good is any one mans improvement if a portion of the community is screaming such obscenities in the name of esport growth? If we cannibalize ourselves how can any sponsor respect us? These are more rhetorical than anything else btw.

Edit: I don't want to make yet another post on this so I will edit it in

@CptGrackSparrow I already said it was wrong and I apologized. What more do you want?
CptGrackSparrow
Profile Joined February 2011
United States278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 18:34:58
February 24 2011 18:33 GMT
#931
On February 25 2011 03:30 iNcontroL wrote:

@CptGrackSparrow I already said it was wrong and I apologized. What more do you want?



yea i posted that then had to go back and read. my bad man. GL w/ the haters and NASL

Edit again: i'm a slow typer. apparently that whole part of the thread went down as i was making my post.
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
February 24 2011 18:34 GMT
#932
You know, Incontrol could've totally handled this the wrong way and fought back at everyone hassling him and bashing him, but he's clearly taking the high road, owning up to his mistakes, and saying he'll improve and be a better representative for what is clearly something will bolster eSports in the West.

People may attack his character and everything, but the fact that he can own up like this shows that he clearly has values and is a good person at heart.

Keep on going Geoff, your fans will support you.
secret - never again
MasterJack
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 18:36:38
February 24 2011 18:34 GMT
#933
There are plenty of people in the public eye that don't get a lot of hate.

Also, I don't think sponsors have a problem with the community trying to self-enforce ethical behaviour. Actually, I think this displays that the TL community is a very mature eSports community, and something sponsors will think is good.

In any case, inControl, you did the right thing by admitting a mistake. So props, and can't wait to see NASL in a few months.
paksam
Profile Joined November 2010
143 Posts
February 24 2011 18:36 GMT
#934
On February 25 2011 01:56 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 01:46 Hammurabio wrote:

Will NASL management/employees be invited to compete? What steps will be taken to ensure there is no conflict of interest?

Oooh - Good question. To further this: how will NASL address any conflicts between league sponsors and team sponsors? Address this as a theoretical question (future theoretical sponors) please to avoid any "sponsored by pennies we found in fountains" answers.


Under all that ranting there were a couple of questions I did find interesting that may need to be brought up again.

TLOBrian
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States453 Posts
February 24 2011 18:36 GMT
#935
On February 25 2011 02:53 iNcontroL wrote:
1. I restreamed a gsl match and made inappropriate jokes about kelly's accent and gifs with bad taste

I was warned by a jtv mod and displined by TL.net. I told both parties "you are right, that was wrong" and I contacted kelly and apologized. Both of these actions were done with incredibly poor taste and won't be repeated.

2. Last night I turned off my stream to watch GSL. I am too much of an idiot to figure out the GOM website to get the free stream running so I asked my chat if someone had a link to a restream because I really wanted to see Jinro play. I was linked to Huko the guy leading some kind of smear campaign against me. After watching a 1 hour mob conversation about how much he hates me and thinks I am a terrible human being I got sick of it and banned him for something he was previously banned for and was doing again. Moments later ustream banned him as well.

Please stop acting like this is some vendetta from me or some heinous like sneaky attack I did. He was breaking copyright laws AGAIN and was banned for it by his own stream provider. I am a newbie streamer and the moment I was told I was doing something wrong I stopped and apologized. Huge difference.


I am too much of an idiot to figure out the GOM website to get the free stream running so I asked my chat if someone had a link to a restream

Not an excuse.

I was linked to Huko the guy leading some kind of smear campaign against me


Sounds like you're very insecure about what one person says.

After watching a 1 hour mob conversation about how much he hates me and thinks I am a terrible human being I got sick of it and banned him for something he was previously banned for and was doing again.

You watched his stream for a whole hour? Why not just be the better human being and stop watching, ignore it? Why go through this to satisfy your own feelings?

Please stop acting like this is some vendetta from me or some heinous like sneaky attack I did.

The fact that you relate it to such makes me suspicious in this case. I believe you hated him, and basically tried to quell his opinions, but instead it backfired and now you're actually being held accountable for your actions.

I am a newbie streamer and the moment I was told I was doing something wrong I stopped and apologized. Huge difference.

I don't see a difference except that. "You're INcontrol, you're too famous for that shit."

I rest my case and opinions, I think you've dug yourself a deep enough hole as it is. I was a huge fan of you Incontrol, but this whole fiasco has left me questioning my excitement about NASL entirely. I have to say that no I will not pay for the NASL service now. (Being an avid watcher and subscriber of GSL already) Especially if this organization acts in such a vulgar manner.

Good day to you sir.
Steven Bonnell II is the friggin man.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
February 24 2011 18:37 GMT
#936
why did you ignore all the parts where I said everything I did was wrong and I am sorry?
tsularesque
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada226 Posts
February 24 2011 18:39 GMT
#937
is there a better thread to receive answers to questions about the nasl?
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
February 24 2011 18:39 GMT
#938
Prolly cause it came after everyone picked apart your first attempt at an apology where you blamed the anti Incontrol conspiracy and your inability to navigate a website for all your actions
ExquisiteRed
Profile Joined February 2011
396 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 18:44:26
February 24 2011 18:42 GMT
#939
where you blamed the anti Incontrol conspiracy


Go check out screddit if you don't think there's a vendetta like thing going on here (at least on some level), you also might want to look at who was the original poster for that thread is.
Tyree
Profile Joined November 2010
1508 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 18:45:32
February 24 2011 18:44 GMT
#940
I deleted my questions.

This topic saddens me and ill just go watch TLO stream instead, gl with everything!
★ Top Gun ★
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 126
ProTech126
Nina 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13440
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2457
JimRising 246
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5746
Khaldor1549
Liquid`Hasu749
Other Games
summit1g7129
fl0m848
shahzam459
C9.Mang0199
FrodaN192
KnowMe143
ArmadaUGS91
ToD81
JuggernautJason62
Mew2King53
ViBE18
PPMD17
NeuroSwarm13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
Other Games
angryscii11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen119
Other Games
• imaqtpie876
• Shiphtur210
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 43m
Stellar Fest
15h 43m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.