• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War505.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7998 users

SCFusion - WoL, HotS & LotV Build Order Optimizer - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 76 Next
calculator
Profile Joined November 2010
36 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 05:17:50
November 19 2010 05:15 GMT
#341
Maybe I'll get that knocked out, if I can figure how to edit an official map that would help greatly. I just want to disable AI from getting in the way, increase the amount in each mineral field, and like you said delete some mineral fields. Then I can run like a 5 hour test, on each individual patch and simultaneously on other bases with 16 and 24 scvs. I think all the starting mineral patterns for every map have the same amount of fields at the same distances, for example 2 close, 2 medium, 2 far, 2 furthest, so that should eliminate the necessity to do every field for every spawn individually.

Can you confirm whether probes and drones mine at identical speeds as scvs?

About my post above, that is .970011533 minerals per real second, not per game second. I'd like to see how accurate I was after doing a much bigger test.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
November 19 2010 06:26 GMT
#342
On November 19 2010 14:15 calculator wrote:
Maybe I'll get that knocked out, if I can figure how to edit an official map that would help greatly.


I'm pretty sure you can open any official map and save it as a custom one.

I just want to disable AI from getting in the way


Don't even need to disable AI - set up the players as human players and use triggers to send the commands.

increase the amount in each mineral field, and like you said delete some mineral fields. Then I can run like a 5 hour test, on each individual patch and simultaneously on other bases with 16 and 24 scvs. I think all the starting mineral patterns for every map have the same amount of fields at the same distances, for example 2 close, 2 medium, 2 far, 2 furthest, so that should eliminate the necessity to do every field for every spawn individually.


I'm not actually sure if that's always the case, hence why I was thinking of testing each base individually and using an average of all the results.

Can you confirm whether probes and drones mine at identical speeds as scvs?


I'm 99% certain that's the case. Haven't actually tested it, but if it was found to be different there'd be a fair bit of outcry I'd say.

About my post above, that is .970011533 minerals per real second, not per game second. I'd like to see how accurate I was after doing a much bigger test.


Ah, yeah, I'd need it in game seconds for the results Could just work out the ratio of game seconds to real seconds I guess though, although in theory lag could cause that ratio to be incorrect, so measuring by game seconds would be best. Maybe just save the replay afterwards?

Would be greatly appreciated if you could do this - even submit the map when done and I can play with it / run simulations as well.
HellRoxYa
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1614 Posts
November 19 2010 06:33 GMT
#343
On November 19 2010 15:26 CarbonTwelve wrote:
Don't even need to disable AI - set up the players as human players and use triggers to send the commands.


If you're gonna do that you might aswell just remove the AI initilazation trigger. It's not hard to "remove AI".
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
November 19 2010 07:13 GMT
#344
On November 19 2010 15:33 HellRoxYa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2010 15:26 CarbonTwelve wrote:
Don't even need to disable AI - set up the players as human players and use triggers to send the commands.


If you're gonna do that you might aswell just remove the AI initilazation trigger. It's not hard to "remove AI".


Yeah, ok, my point was just don't use the AI, rather than trying to prevent the AI from doing things you don't want.
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
November 19 2010 07:14 GMT
#345
--- Nuked ---
gotlucky
Profile Joined May 2010
United States60 Posts
November 19 2010 07:23 GMT
#346
On November 19 2010 16:14 Inori wrote:
First of all, big thanks for this great app!

Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 09:54 CarbonTwelve wrote:
Scouting probe feature added

I can't seem to find it where do I turn this on? Or does the app automatically scout every game?

You can find it under the settings tab.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 09:33:37
November 19 2010 09:33 GMT
#347
A small update again, Zerg support is underway, and here's an example result for the 7 roach rush (7 roaches 1 queen):

+ Show Spoiler +
0:02.00: 50M 0G 3L 0E 6/ 10S - Build Drone
0:13.63: 50M 0G 2L 0E 7/ 10S - Build Drone
0:24.70: 50M 0G 2L 0E 8/ 10S - Build Drone
0:34.55: 50M 0G 2L 0E 9/ 10S - Build Drone
0:47.44: 75M 0G 2L 0E 10/ 10S - Extractor Trick Drone
0:59.84: 100M 0G 1L 0E 11/ 10S - Build Overlord
1:24.84: 191M 0G 3L 0E 11/ 18S - Build Drone
1:32.32: 200M 0G 2L 0E 12/ 18S - Build Spawning Pool
1:36.26: 25M 0G 2L 0E 11/ 18S - Build Extractor
1:44.41: 50M 0G 3L 0E 10/ 18S - Build Drone
1:51.45: 50M 0G 2L 0E 11/ 18S - Build Drone
1:58.49: 50M 0G 1L 0E 12/ 18S - Build Drone
2:05.33: 50M 0G 1L 0E 13/ 18S - Build Drone
2:06.26: 7M 0G 0L 0E 14/ 18S - Move Drone To Gas
2:06.26: 7M 0G 0L 0E 14/ 18S - Move Drone To Gas
2:14.41: 62M 11G 1L 0E 14/ 18S - Build Drone
2:37.32: 202M 43G 1L 0E 15/ 18S - Build Queen
2:42.53: 100M 51G 1L 0E 17/ 18S - Build Overlord
2:53.34: 100M 66G 2L 0E 17/ 18S - Build Overlord
3:09.56: 150M 89G 3L 0E 17/ 26S - Build Roach Warren
3:27.32: 149M 113G 3L 25E 16/ 34S - Queen Spawn Larva
4:04.56: 469M 166G 3L 21E 16/ 34S - Build Roach
4:04.56: 394M 141G 2L 21E 18/ 34S - Build Roach
4:04.56: 319M 116G 1L 21E 20/ 34S - Build Roach
4:07.32: 268M 94G 4L 23E 22/ 34S - Build Roach
4:07.32: 193M 69G 3L 23E 24/ 34S - Build Roach
4:07.32: 118M 44G 2L 23E 26/ 34S - Build Roach
4:11.26: 77M 25G 1L 25E 28/ 34S - Build Roach
4:11.26: 2M 0G 0L 25E 30/ 34S - Move Drone To Gas

Waypoint 1 satisfied:
4:38.26: 214M 51G 1L 40E 30/ 34S
Income: 471M 114G
Buildings:


You can see it comes up with the same technique as EC comes up with, ie the extractor trick to get a faster pool and the double overlord to avoid getting larva capped.

Still a lot to be done though, hopefully will have a release ready by the end of the weekend.
tehV
Profile Joined September 2010
28 Posts
November 19 2010 09:52 GMT
#348
One small suggestion, with the scouting probe ability, I would like the ability to send multiple scouting probes at different times.

Currently I'm using a fake 'scouting probe' to delay when the first pylon comes out to match whats possible in game. (having it leave at 0 and return at 50sec, gets the pylon to come out at 49.89 which i find much more realistic than the 44 second version) This should get the in-game times more representative. Moreover, I imagine there would be people who want to send multiple scouts on a 4 player map to quickly find their opponent for some sort of early cheese builds, so it could be useful in general as well.

Thanks for all the work.
Weerwolf
Profile Joined November 2010
75 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 10:49:20
November 19 2010 10:47 GMT
#349
I think I found a bug..

I was using the first waypoint only at first. I wanted 15 probes and a zealot. I didn't get the result I wanted, so I tried making 12 probes and a gateway in the first waypoint and 16 probes and a zealot in waypoint number 2.
This again didn't give me what I wanted (my own fault) so I removed everything from waypoint 2.

Now I tried 16 probes and 1 zealot in waypoint 1 and nothing in waypoint 2. The output however didn't change. Even after 10 minutes it still showed the output from 2 waypoints while I only requested one.
+ Show Spoiler +
0:02.00: 50M 0G 0E 6/ 10S - Build Probe
0:19.00: 67M 0G 10E 7/ 10S - Build Probe
0:36.00: 88M 0G 19E 7/ 10S - Build Probe
0:53.00: 121M 0G 29E 8/ 10S - Build Probe
0:58.37: 100M 0G 32E 9/ 10S - Build Pylon
1:10.00: 59M 0G 38E 9/ 10S - Build Probe
1:32.13: 150M 0G 51E 10/ 18S - Build Gateway
1:40.00: 50M 0G 55E 10/ 18S - Build Probe
1:40.00: 0M 0G 55E 11/ 18S - Chrono Nexus
1:51.33: 79M 0G 37E 11/ 18S - Build Probe
2:04.00: 127M 0G 44E 12/ 18S - Build Probe
2:21.00: 222M 0G 53E 13/ 18S - Build Probe
2:21.00: 172M 0G 53E 14/ 18S - Chrono Nexus
2:32.33: 275M 0G 35E 14/ 18S - Build Probe

Waypoint 1 satisfied:
2:37.13: 271M 0G 37E 15/ 18S
Income: 594M 0G
Buildings: 1 Nexus 1 Pylon 1 Gateway
Units: 14 Probe
Upgrades:

2:37.13: 271M 0G 37E 15/ 18S - Chrono Gateway
2:37.13: 271M 0G 12E 15/ 18S - Build Zealot
2:45.00: 249M 0G 17E 17/ 18S - Build Probe
2:59.78: 354M 0G 25E 18/ 18S - Chrono Gateway

Waypoint 2 satisfied:
3:03.34: 391M 0G 2E 18/ 18S
Income: 633M 0G
Buildings: 1 Nexus 1 Pylon 1 Gateway
Units: 16 Probe 1 Zealot
Upgrades:


Also, sometimes contant probe production was checked and sometimes it wasn't. Don't know if thats important but just thought I'd mention it.
lowlypawn
Profile Joined January 2009
United States241 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 11:13:57
November 19 2010 11:13 GMT
#350
On November 19 2010 18:33 CarbonTwelve wrote:
A small update again, Zerg support is underway, and here's an example result for the 7 roach rush (7 roaches 1 queen):

+ Show Spoiler +
0:02.00: 50M 0G 3L 0E 6/ 10S - Build Drone
0:13.63: 50M 0G 2L 0E 7/ 10S - Build Drone
0:24.70: 50M 0G 2L 0E 8/ 10S - Build Drone
0:34.55: 50M 0G 2L 0E 9/ 10S - Build Drone
0:47.44: 75M 0G 2L 0E 10/ 10S - Extractor Trick Drone
0:59.84: 100M 0G 1L 0E 11/ 10S - Build Overlord
1:24.84: 191M 0G 3L 0E 11/ 18S - Build Drone
1:32.32: 200M 0G 2L 0E 12/ 18S - Build Spawning Pool
1:36.26: 25M 0G 2L 0E 11/ 18S - Build Extractor
1:44.41: 50M 0G 3L 0E 10/ 18S - Build Drone
1:51.45: 50M 0G 2L 0E 11/ 18S - Build Drone
1:58.49: 50M 0G 1L 0E 12/ 18S - Build Drone
2:05.33: 50M 0G 1L 0E 13/ 18S - Build Drone
2:06.26: 7M 0G 0L 0E 14/ 18S - Move Drone To Gas
2:06.26: 7M 0G 0L 0E 14/ 18S - Move Drone To Gas
2:14.41: 62M 11G 1L 0E 14/ 18S - Build Drone
2:37.32: 202M 43G 1L 0E 15/ 18S - Build Queen
2:42.53: 100M 51G 1L 0E 17/ 18S - Build Overlord
2:53.34: 100M 66G 2L 0E 17/ 18S - Build Overlord
3:09.56: 150M 89G 3L 0E 17/ 26S - Build Roach Warren
3:27.32: 149M 113G 3L 25E 16/ 34S - Queen Spawn Larva
4:04.56: 469M 166G 3L 21E 16/ 34S - Build Roach
4:04.56: 394M 141G 2L 21E 18/ 34S - Build Roach
4:04.56: 319M 116G 1L 21E 20/ 34S - Build Roach
4:07.32: 268M 94G 4L 23E 22/ 34S - Build Roach
4:07.32: 193M 69G 3L 23E 24/ 34S - Build Roach
4:07.32: 118M 44G 2L 23E 26/ 34S - Build Roach
4:11.26: 77M 25G 1L 25E 28/ 34S - Build Roach
4:11.26: 2M 0G 0L 25E 30/ 34S - Move Drone To Gas

Waypoint 1 satisfied:
4:38.26: 214M 51G 1L 40E 30/ 34S
Income: 471M 114G
Buildings:


You can see it comes up with the same technique as EC comes up with, ie the extractor trick to get a faster pool and the double overlord to avoid getting larva capped.

Still a lot to be done though, hopefully will have a release ready by the end of the weekend.

ZOMG Zerg soon! Can't wait to try it out

I like trying out really complex builds with high food counts (150 to 200) just to try and gain insight into different things like, what's the most efficient way to reach a mixed 200 food army? How fast can I make 150 zerglings with speed? How much of a food buffer dose it leave before making the next overlord ETC. I find it interesting in seeing how many drones and bases ETC the computer decides to make. These kinds of builds kill evolution chamber (even on my 6 core 3.2 gig). Sometimes it will take 3 or 4 minutes before it even reaches the goal and then another 5 to 10 minutes before it's somewhat reasonable.

What's interesting on these really complex builds is the strange build orders EC will come up with, like overlord on 7 or spawning pool on 8 ETC. I'm sure if I let EC run for hours and hours it would eventually figure out OL on 9 is better then on 7 ETC. So that's why I'm excited to play around with this version. It should be able to figure out builds in a few minutes that would take EC hours.

Also if you need something specific that will help the project let us know. I'm not sure what us non programmers could contribute but maybe if you wanted some artwork or graphics to enhance the UI. Anyway awesome work so far!
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
November 19 2010 11:13 GMT
#351
On November 19 2010 19:47 Weerwolf wrote:
I think I found a bug..

I was using the first waypoint only at first. I wanted 15 probes and a zealot. I didn't get the result I wanted, so I tried making 12 probes and a gateway in the first waypoint and 16 probes and a zealot in waypoint number 2.
This again didn't give me what I wanted (my own fault) so I removed everything from waypoint 2.

Now I tried 16 probes and 1 zealot in waypoint 1 and nothing in waypoint 2. The output however didn't change. Even after 10 minutes it still showed the output from 2 waypoints while I only requested one.
+ Show Spoiler +
0:02.00: 50M 0G 0E 6/ 10S - Build Probe
0:19.00: 67M 0G 10E 7/ 10S - Build Probe
0:36.00: 88M 0G 19E 7/ 10S - Build Probe
0:53.00: 121M 0G 29E 8/ 10S - Build Probe
0:58.37: 100M 0G 32E 9/ 10S - Build Pylon
1:10.00: 59M 0G 38E 9/ 10S - Build Probe
1:32.13: 150M 0G 51E 10/ 18S - Build Gateway
1:40.00: 50M 0G 55E 10/ 18S - Build Probe
1:40.00: 0M 0G 55E 11/ 18S - Chrono Nexus
1:51.33: 79M 0G 37E 11/ 18S - Build Probe
2:04.00: 127M 0G 44E 12/ 18S - Build Probe
2:21.00: 222M 0G 53E 13/ 18S - Build Probe
2:21.00: 172M 0G 53E 14/ 18S - Chrono Nexus
2:32.33: 275M 0G 35E 14/ 18S - Build Probe

Waypoint 1 satisfied:
2:37.13: 271M 0G 37E 15/ 18S
Income: 594M 0G
Buildings: 1 Nexus 1 Pylon 1 Gateway
Units: 14 Probe
Upgrades:

2:37.13: 271M 0G 37E 15/ 18S - Chrono Gateway
2:37.13: 271M 0G 12E 15/ 18S - Build Zealot
2:45.00: 249M 0G 17E 17/ 18S - Build Probe
2:59.78: 354M 0G 25E 18/ 18S - Chrono Gateway

Waypoint 2 satisfied:
3:03.34: 391M 0G 2E 18/ 18S
Income: 633M 0G
Buildings: 1 Nexus 1 Pylon 1 Gateway
Units: 16 Probe 1 Zealot
Upgrades:


Also, sometimes contant probe production was checked and sometimes it wasn't. Don't know if thats important but just thought I'd mention it.


Thanks for that, I've fixed it up for the next version. The reason it happened is because of the feature of it saving build orders between stopping and starting and that it doesn't update the display unless the build order changes. So what would happen is it got that build order from the first time you ran it, then it would use it for the second time, and because that's still the best build order it would never update the display
Treehead
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
999 Posts
November 19 2010 14:52 GMT
#352
Something weird is happening with mine.

I asked the program to make one zealot before the 4 minute mark as Waypoint 1, one sentry and one zealot before the 5 minute mark as waypoint 2 and then give me the fastest way to get 6 sentries, 6 zealots and 4 immortals as waypoint 3.

The output told me to get 16 expansions and build 150-some probes, is there some way that waypoint 3 is hardcoded to shoot for 200 food, or did I mess something up?

It seems to want me to expand when I just use waypoint 2 as well - though only a couple of times... am I the only one having this issue?
LegacyObserver
Profile Joined October 2010
United States32 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 15:03:36
November 19 2010 15:02 GMT
#353
Bug/Preference: can you make it so that every time it recalculates the build it defaults your "view area" to the bottom of the list instead of resetting it to the top?

That or at least allow a setting? I can see benefits to both ways.
"The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected. " - The Art of War, Sun Tsu
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
November 19 2010 16:39 GMT
#354
On November 19 2010 11:55 CarbonTwelve wrote:
If someone can come up with a definition that works better than the one I'm using atm (calculate the number of probes that could be produced at a rate of 11s each and add a 3s penalty for each one you're short), I'd gladly do it (and I'm not trying to be dismissive or anything - I genuinely would like to find an implementation that works better). I think part of the problem is, how would you actually define 'constant probe production'? Does it actually mean that the nexus shouldn't be idle? Does it mean it should just make as many probes as it possibly can (all chrono spent on nexus)? Does it mean you should keep up with Terran's SCV production? Very difficult to say for Protoss and kind of depends on what build you're actually going for.


I think there should be multiple options. The current "constant Probes" option is fine but misleading, since it does not, in fact, constantly produce Probes. It constantly produces Probes unless that significantly delays the wanted build (as far as I can see). That's cool, but not what's advertised, so to speak. So I would suggest to add two more options, "Nexus never idle" and "Always chrono boost Nexus", for the more macro oriented builds.

The three Probe related options could even be used concurrently to the waypoint system. "I want X Zealots and Stalkers as fast as possible, with 'Nexus never idle' always on and 'Always chrono boost Nexus' on for the first 5 minutes". Of course, I have no idea if that would be easy to program or anything, but methinks it'd be pretty nifty.
boberto
Profile Joined November 2010
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 17:37:04
November 19 2010 17:33 GMT
#355
A possible cheat to "constant probes" may be to take the target time set and do a simple calculation to determine how many probes would be made in that time. The main issue would be that it would increase build times, but what I generally do anyhow once my build has been running for a while is begin to manually increase the probe count and run the sim again until it starts hurting my build time.
calculator
Profile Joined November 2010
36 Posts
November 19 2010 20:34 GMT
#356
I used the editor a lot in SC, but with this I can't figure out how to edit an official map. I even downloaded one and I still can't edit it. I'll start some mineral tests if you can give me quick instructions on how to find/open the official maps. I'll just use probes since this is the protoss version.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
November 19 2010 21:19 GMT
#357
On November 19 2010 23:52 Treehead wrote:
Something weird is happening with mine.

I asked the program to make one zealot before the 4 minute mark as Waypoint 1, one sentry and one zealot before the 5 minute mark as waypoint 2 and then give me the fastest way to get 6 sentries, 6 zealots and 4 immortals as waypoint 3.

The output told me to get 16 expansions and build 150-some probes, is there some way that waypoint 3 is hardcoded to shoot for 200 food, or did I mess something up?

It seems to want me to expand when I just use waypoint 2 as well - though only a couple of times... am I the only one having this issue?


Have you got v5.1 or v5.2? I stuffed up the waypoints with v5 and v5.1, but I don't think you should see those results with v5.2.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
November 19 2010 21:21 GMT
#358
On November 20 2010 01:39 Conti wrote:
I think there should be multiple options. The current "constant Probes" option is fine but misleading, since it does not, in fact, constantly produce Probes. It constantly produces Probes unless that significantly delays the wanted build (as far as I can see). That's cool, but not what's advertised, so to speak. So I would suggest to add two more options, "Nexus never idle" and "Always chrono boost Nexus", for the more macro oriented builds.

The three Probe related options could even be used concurrently to the waypoint system. "I want X Zealots and Stalkers as fast as possible, with 'Nexus never idle' always on and 'Always chrono boost Nexus' on for the first 5 minutes". Of course, I have no idea if that would be easy to program or anything, but methinks it'd be pretty nifty.


Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, and not too complicated for the code. I'll see if I can get that done for the next version.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
November 19 2010 21:23 GMT
#359
On November 20 2010 05:34 calculator wrote:
I used the editor a lot in SC, but with this I can't figure out how to edit an official map. I even downloaded one and I still can't edit it. I'll start some mineral tests if you can give me quick instructions on how to find/open the official maps. I'll just use probes since this is the protoss version.


I haven't ever tried it myself, but having seen so many custom maps that modify the official ones I assumed it was pretty easy to do. Anyway, I did a Google search and found a link to this on SC2Mapster: http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/official-melee-maps/

It's a little old, but it's got Lost Temple there and should suffice for our needs.
Treehead
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
999 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 21:40:23
November 19 2010 21:30 GMT
#360
On November 20 2010 06:19 CarbonTwelve wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2010 23:52 Treehead wrote:
Something weird is happening with mine.

I asked the program to make one zealot before the 4 minute mark as Waypoint 1, one sentry and one zealot before the 5 minute mark as waypoint 2 and then give me the fastest way to get 6 sentries, 6 zealots and 4 immortals as waypoint 3.

The output told me to get 16 expansions and build 150-some probes, is there some way that waypoint 3 is hardcoded to shoot for 200 food, or did I mess something up?

It seems to want me to expand when I just use waypoint 2 as well - though only a couple of times... am I the only one having this issue?


Have you got v5.1 or v5.2? I stuffed up the waypoints with v5 and v5.1, but I don't think you should see those results with v5.2.


My exe file says "5.2" - maybe it's not though for some reason?

Edit: I'll try downloading it again when I get home since no one else seems having that issue.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 348
TKL 243
CranKy Ducklings152
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1156
Lowko540
TKL 243
ProTech124
Rex 124
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57727
Free 1776
Horang2 321
firebathero 243
Zeus 188
Last 110
Hyun 80
ToSsGirL 77
910 71
Trap 60
[ Show more ]
soO 32
Rock 21
Bishop 21
Aegong 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7643
Dendi911
XaKoH 425
420jenkins77
canceldota41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2629
byalli670
Other Games
singsing2264
Mlord446
Beastyqt377
KnowMe160
Liquid`VortiX104
DeMusliM102
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
• StrangeGG 24
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2830
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1491
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 44m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.