• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:55
CEST 12:55
KST 19:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7591 users

UPDATE: Still Unlisted Patch Balance Changes - Page 30

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 42 Next All
Uranium
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1077 Posts
July 09 2010 00:52 GMT
#581
Forcefield costs 50 energy btw OP.
"Sentry imba! You see? YOU SEE??!!" - Sen | "Marauder die die!" - oGsMC | "Oh my god, she texted me back!" - Day[9]
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
July 09 2010 01:00 GMT
#582
I hate hellion change.
#1 Kwanro Fan
Khalleb
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1909 Posts
July 09 2010 01:08 GMT
#583
while you check stats from a unit in game it said the speed of the attack by a number no longer fast/slow/etc and the bonus dmg isnt +something but say how mucht he unit do to a X unit ex: stalker don't do +14 but 14 to armored so there is no buff
Liquid'Nony: "I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok."
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
July 09 2010 01:08 GMT
#584
On July 09 2010 08:40 wooozy wrote:
oh god the symbols for watchtowers are eyes now
the mini map angry face in metalopolis is now an actual angry face

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7763/screenshot2010070815360.jpg

Damnit, now I can't get that out of my head -.-
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 09 2010 01:32 GMT
#585
On July 09 2010 09:52 Uranium wrote:
Forcefield costs 50 energy btw OP.

Its always costed 50 hasnt it?
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Pebble
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany326 Posts
July 09 2010 01:34 GMT
#586
I wonder if it looks like [image loading]
when you take control of the lower tower...
3:50 PM jaedung: scouting is useless in sc2
Back
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada505 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 01:37:40
July 09 2010 01:35 GMT
#587
On July 09 2010 10:32 arb wrote:
Its always costed 50 hasnt it?


Yes. He was just pointing out a typo on the opening post.



+ Show Spoiler +
On July 09 2010 10:34 Pebble wrote:
I wonder if it looks like [image loading]
when you take control of the lower tower...


Yes it looks just like rotten fruits when you take control of a tower.
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
July 09 2010 02:21 GMT
#588
I don't know if this was mentioned but the icons for the reaper move speed and combat shields were changed.
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
July 09 2010 02:47 GMT
#589
On July 08 2010 12:36 Zelniq wrote:
[*]Replays speeds are now Normal-Fast-Faster-x2-x4-x8 (before it was Slow Normal Fast Faster Fasterx3 Fasterx6.)


Really the only change I could care for. Everything else will probably be tweaked within a month.
ab0x
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden9 Posts
July 09 2010 02:48 GMT
#590
Has Blizzard said anything about the Force field change? I can't help but wonder if it's a bug. Having the blockrange larger than the animation doesn't seem logical, you want to be able to know what you've blocked and where there are holes in the blockade. Im in EU and haven't tested it, but it does sound quite overpowered. Force field and sentrys in general was pretty damn good as it was. They are now especially stronger in early game and I can't really see why they would make this buff.

It is of course possible that they will follow up with a larger animation.
Raano
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1 Post
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 05:47:00
July 09 2010 03:41 GMT
#591
I believe gatherer shift-queuing has been slightly updated, although I have no way to doube-check with prepatch.

It appears that you can now shift-queue gatherers (although I've only tested Probes) to dump their loads before following the next action in the queue, where in the past I believe they failed to dump their loads before continuing to the next waypoint (they would nudge the building and then wander on to next point while still carrying the resource).

This is beneficial when selecting say 3 random Probes on minerals for gas, where you can now shift-queue them to the Nexus and then to the geyser without wasting the minerals they were (potentially) carrying.
Another example may be when pulling all probes off during a harass and then shift-queueing them all back onto the Nexus then minerals. This will allow any gatherers carrying gas to dump their load before instead picking up minerals.

Prepatch, iirc, they would hit the Nexus without load dumping and then proceed to the geyser/mineralpatch and waste their gas/minerals when they swap for minerals/gas.


As I said, I've no way to double-check this was the case before, and I only noticed it while playing Protoss (but I assume it affects all races). This is likely related to the rally-point attack-move to move change, so there may be other subtle alterations to shift-click queuing etc.


EDIT:
I did some more playing around and noticed that the 'failure to dump load' bug(?) still exists in some situations.

I had all mineral Probes at my main shift-clicked to my expo Nexus and then further shift-click queued to the minerals there. They failed to dump their loads and just nudged the expo Nexus before moving over to minerals (where then the one's already carrying minerals, of course, remembered they were carrying something and then returned to drop off their load).

Only situation I can see this being useful were it not the case would be when transferring gatherers to your expo and want to cash in their loads before they make the journey (vulnerable Probe trains are better off not being loaded with minerals if eaten). Although I didn't try actually queuing my main's Probes to their Nexus before sending them on their journey to the expo (which would make more practical sense anyway), I assume it would be the same and they nudge the main's Nexus without load dumping before heading to the expo.




EDIT2:
It appears that this is a bit more than I thought and I have no idea what is prepatch and what isn't, so will just list what I see. Only tested with Probes.

A:
Select a group of Probes, half carrying minerals and/or gas and half empty (matters not whether they were idle or mining).
Click them to the Nexus (not shift-click).
The mineral/gas-carrying ones will dump load and then return to mining OR gas, depending on which they were carrying. Gas carriers will divide equally between the immediate geysers. Probes without a load will then will sit and hug the Nexus forever.

B:
Select a group of gathering Probes.
Shift-click them to (main) Nexus and shift-click queue then to wherever you like such as over at your expo's minerals (or the ground next to your main ).
Some of them will dump their loads, and some won't.
Seems to be that:
a) Probes that were in the process of returning will dump their minerals and then continue to next waypoint.
b) Probes that were mining will leave the mineral patch holding a crystal, then nudge the Nexus without dumping load, then continue to next waypoint.
c) Probes that were on their way back from dumping a load will pick up more minerals, then nudge the Nexus without load dumping, and then continue to next waypoint.
Result: Depending on the individual stage of the auto-mining process a gatherer is at will depend on whether they are carrying minerals at the end of such a shift-click waypoint queue.


Is this significant? I'm not really qualified to judge, but it doesn't seem intended.

As an extra note, Probes remain selected after entering a geyser and will follow any commands given once they exit (that's new, yeah?). Probes within a geyser are not able to be selected, as before.
IdleSource
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1 Post
July 09 2010 03:46 GMT
#592
I haven't read through all 30 pages so this may have already been said, but the rally points work differently now. Units will no longer attack on their way to the rally point. They behave as though they've been right clicked somewhere instead of a-clicked.

I wasted a large portion of my army coming out of a nydus worm before I noticed this...
InfiniteIce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States794 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 03:54:45
July 09 2010 03:49 GMT
#593
I don't know if this has been mentioned. Sorry if I miseed it in the excitement of Beta and the length of this thread...

It seems as though "pushing" enemy units doesn't have the same effect as it used to?

For example, I run 10 Zerglings into a probe line, the probes can now effectively surround and make a wall around the 'lings. Forgive me if I'm wrong (it has been a month since Phase 1), but it seemed as if before you could run through the probe line, pushing some of the probes out of the way. Now you just hit a probe wall.

Maybe somebody still on the old patch can confirm/deny what I'm remembering as the past behavior.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

To further add to this point, I was playing a 2v2 with a buddy, and our units were too compacted in a choke (whatever that terrible Lava map is. Death to lava maps! \o )
I tried to move my units outside of his clustered MMM ball so tank fire wouldn't shoot everything at once, but the units simply collided and nothing was done to spread them out. I know that before this patch your units could nudge your allies units out of the way if units were stuck in a ball...
i keep going back to my response to chill's fake PM and laughing, then immediately getting a feeling that i assume i'd get if i had an orgasm and the girl said "hahaha guess what i have a dick" -FakeSteve
Mactavian
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada60 Posts
July 09 2010 03:53 GMT
#594
One, impressive research, and two, why aren't these changes published?
Nothing is impossible, only too expensive.
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
July 09 2010 04:22 GMT
#595
On July 09 2010 12:49 InfiniteIce wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned. Sorry if I miseed it in the excitement of Beta and the length of this thread...

It seems as though "pushing" enemy units doesn't have the same effect as it used to?

For example, I run 10 Zerglings into a probe line, the probes can now effectively surround and make a wall around the 'lings. Forgive me if I'm wrong (it has been a month since Phase 1), but it seemed as if before you could run through the probe line, pushing some of the probes out of the way. Now you just hit a probe wall.

Maybe somebody still on the old patch can confirm/deny what I'm remembering as the past behavior.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

To further add to this point, I was playing a 2v2 with a buddy, and our units were too compacted in a choke (whatever that terrible Lava map is. Death to lava maps! \o )
I tried to move my units outside of his clustered MMM ball so tank fire wouldn't shoot everything at once, but the units simply collided and nothing was done to spread them out. I know that before this patch your units could nudge your allies units out of the way if units were stuck in a ball...


The allied units thing is definitely true. Does it do that with your own units? I mean does your unit nudge your other units out of its way? If it doesn't this is going to be really, really annoying

I can't believe this game is 2 weeks from launch, it seems like they've completely broken it. Bnet is f'ing out, so many new bugs... wtf is going on?
Cofo
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1388 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 04:22:52
July 09 2010 04:22 GMT
#596
Forgive me if this is already in the thread somewhere; I didn't see it.

The vision blockers outside the mains of Scrap Station have a different shape. They were previously rectangular, and now they have diagonal edges.

Screenshot:
http://img413.imageshack.us/f/picture1xw.png/
+ Show Spoiler +
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
July 09 2010 05:11 GMT
#597
On July 09 2010 09:52 Uranium wrote:
Forcefield costs 50 energy btw OP.

Wow..i cant believe i said 25. I knew it was 50..jeezes
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Bork
Profile Joined June 2010
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 05:44:52
July 09 2010 05:43 GMT
#598
#26 Transport units now move towards the unit to Load it, when you Right-Click a Transport with the units you want to load. Previously, only the units would move toward the transport, while the transport would just sit there. NOTE: It QUEUES this action, meaning it will first finish any orders you gave to it, before it moves to pick-up the units.



This was already in the game.
http://slidecat.ytmnd.com/
Spaceball
Profile Joined November 2007
United States213 Posts
July 09 2010 06:01 GMT
#599
Replays don't auto save anymore as far as I can tell (sorta). It will keep the last 10 or so replays in the recent folder and then delete them as new games are played. To keep a replay you need to click the keep button the recent tab before it gets knocked off. Also the files dont appear to be saved to my documents anymore. Anyone know where it puts them? Maybe its saving all the files still but I can't find the folder where it does so.
Therealdevil
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands1021 Posts
July 09 2010 07:41 GMT
#600
If your using vista/7 you can just type in the replay name in the search engine and find it quite rapidly.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings32
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2724
Bisu 1107
Jaedong 697
Horang2 657
Hyuk 487
BeSt 471
actioN 277
Light 257
firebathero 238
Zeus 206
[ Show more ]
Stork 169
Leta 140
EffOrt 126
Sexy 107
Soma 98
Last 97
ZerO 84
Soulkey 84
Pusan 67
Rush 58
Killer 46
ggaemo 43
Mong 39
Mind 36
Aegong 33
Shinee 33
soO 30
hero 30
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 21
Terrorterran 19
sorry 17
PianO 16
Sharp 15
Mini 15
Yoon 12
NaDa 11
Free 10
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Shine 3
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Fuzer 110
League of Legends
Reynor50
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1467
shoxiejesuss758
x6flipin204
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2132
crisheroes451
Other Games
gofns34890
singsing1840
XBOCT307
DeMusliM186
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS99
QueenE47
B2W.Neo26
ZerO(Twitch)11
Liquid`LucifroN1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• LUISG 34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2276
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 5m
Stellar Fest
2h 5m
OSC
13h 5m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.